• Published 15th Oct 2022
  • 431 Views, 111 Comments

Sparkling Harmony EQG: Agents of SMILE: Operation Sundown - Captain_Cosmos



It's the Halloween Dance and Sparkler and her friends are gearing up for a fun night. But a blast from the past threatens to destroy it all

  • ...
5
 111
 431

Episode 3: Halloween Spook

Unknown location
October 31st, 2022
Unknown time

“You can have this world for all I care. All I want is to rule my own homeworld in another dimension.” Sundown said.

“And to access it, you need a portal.” Anon said.

“I know exactly where it is and I KNOW it’s active. So really even if you knew as much as I did about magic, you are of no help to me.” Sundown said.

“Oh really?” The professor asked. “Because I believe that a certain agency called SMILE would get a ping on you in a nanosecond.”

“And why should I fear them? They’re only humans with no magic.” Sundown asked.

“But they DO have some top notch agents that have been preparing for something like you.” Anon said. “Here’s our offer. FOWL will keep SMILE busy tonight, while you take take of these girls.”

Within Sundown’s mind, Sunset growled as her nice alter ego Daydream Shimmer sheltered them both in a shield that kept out the horde of monsters that Sundown had created to go after them. “Grah. I swear to Faust when I take back control, those pinbrains are SO gonna get it!” She said. “I can’t believe they actually are siding with the demon!”

“You did once.” Daydream responded.

Sunset glared at her, and Daydream backtracked. “Sorry. Look, it’s gonna be ok Sunset. Your friends will be able to stop her.” She assured Sunset.

“They won’t be able to blast her with the rainbow laser of Friendship since they don’t have my Geode.” Sunset countered. “So it’s gonna be even harder, if not imposssible, to—“

“YOU WILL NOT HURT A HAIR ON HER CUTE LITTLE HEAD! SPARKLING MEDLEY IS MINE AND MINE ALONE! I will destroy ANYONE and EVERYONE who dares talk to her!” They both heard Sundown scream at the Fowl Agents, which really set Sunset off.

“Oh HAY no!” Sunset roared as she started pounding on the shield. “Stay away from my Sparkler you lowlife demon!” She screamed.

“Sunset! Calm down.” Daydream said calmly as she approached Sunset.

Sunset slammed her fist on the shield one more time, before she squeezed her eyes shut to try to stop the tears forming in her eyes. “This is all my fault.” She whispered.

“What?” Daydream asked.

“My fault. If I hadn’t been such a brat all that time ago, if I had just listened to Celestia, Sundown wouldn’t even exist, and now because of me my friends are in danger.” She said. “Especially Sparkler…” She added.

At that moment, both of them noticed the ground shaking, and they looked up to see, through the receptors, that Sundown was on the move. And they both knew where she was going. “We need to find a way to take back control.” Daydream Shimmer said.

“Before she crashes the dance.” Sunset said.


SMILE HQ
Canterlot City
October 31st, 2022
1800hrs

At SMILE HQ, a Command Information Center desk jockey was just doing his job and monitoring the situation when his screen, as well as every screen in the CIC, started blaring with alarms, causing everyone to panic. “What the?” They tried to find out what caused the alarms, and one of them gasped as they got out of their chair and raced through the room to Derrick’s office. “Sir! We have a FOWL situation!” They called out. FOWL had decided that they were gonna cause a lot of trouble today.


Canterlot High
Canterlot City
October 31st, 2022
1800hrs

Unaware that FOWL was making a ruckus. Sparkler pulled the Sparkmobile into the school parking lot and pulled into an empty space. Once the vehicle came to a complete stop, three of its doors opened and let out Sparkler, Twilight, and Autumn. “Flappy sure picked a good Halloween themed playlist.” Twilight commented.

Sparkler nodded. “Yeah. He sure did. Heheheh.” She chuckled, not all that enthused. Though she had gotten used to Flappy posing as a radio in front of Twilight, she still woulda preferred he DIDN’T talk at all.

“Sparkler is the one who compiled the songs Ms. Sparkle. I merely arranged them in a playlist for the journey.” Flappy responded.

“Alright see you later Flappy.” Sparkler said, closing the door before Flappy could respond. Sparkler then turned to her two costumed friends. “So, shall we?” She asked.

“Yes we shall.” Twilight said as she locked arms with Sparkler.

Autumn chuckled as she walked beside the happy couple towards the building. “You two actually have a real chance at winning the couples costume contest.” She commented.

“Let’s see what the competition presents Autumn.” Sparkler said as they entered the building.

They immediately made their way to the gym, where the actual dance was being held, and they opened the door to find the place decked out for the Halloween theme. Cobwebs, ghosts, scarecrows, pumpkins, it was really well done. “Wow. Pinkie outdid herself this time.” Autumn commented.

“Well duh!” Pinkie dressed in a pepper container costume exclaimed as she popped out of nowhere.

Twilight, Sparkler, and Autumn jumped back when Pinkie Appeared in front of them. “Gah. Pinkie! It may be Halloween but still!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Oh come on Twily! Lighten up will ya?” Pinkie asked. “Ooh!” She said as she got a look at Sparkler and Twilight. “Secret agents Sparkler and Twilight. Looking good you two.” She winked at Sparkler, a silent reminder that she knew Sparkler was a real secret agent.

Sparkler chuckled and shook her head. “You make a good pepper shaker, Pinkie.” She said.

Pinkie smiled cutely and nodded. “Come on! We got a table already. Shane Sunset had to work.” She added as she dragged the three over to a table in the corner.

Sparkler, Twilight and Autumn saw a pair of derring do Characters, a pair of ponies, and Cheese Sandwich as the salt to Pinkie’s pepper. There was also a robot farmer, and a vampire fashionista.

Applejack was the first at the table to see Pinkie return with Sparkler Twilight and Autumn. She smiled. “Whew. Hey there you three. Nice costumes.” She said.

That alerted everyone else to their arrival. Rarity smiled. “There you three are. Seriously, Sunset really needs to stop forgetting her phone.” She commented, Pinkie Pie having told them that Sunset had to work last minute.

Discord nodded. “Yeah. Shame she’s not here. I wanted to see her costume.” He said.

“Yeah. I was really looking forward to it.” Sparkler responded, trailing off as her thoughts went back to how odd it was. It’s weird. My Sparkler sense is going off like crazy, and yet it’s nothing new…

“Sparkler?” Twilight asked, bringing Sparkler out of her thoughts.

“Everything OK?” Rainbow asked. “Ya kinda spaced out there for a moment.”

“Hm? Oh. Yeah. Yeah everything’s ok.” Sparkler said.

Twilight couldn’t place it, but she got the sense something was going on with her girlfriend. “Is there something wrong?” Twilight asked.

“What makes you think anything’s wrong?” Sparkler asked.

“You got that look someone gets when they’re deep in thought.” Twilight responded.

Sparkler opened her mouth to answer, but before she could, a new, thundering voice boomed through the building. “SPARKLING MEDLEY!” A voice boomed.

Sparkler and her friends all turned just in time to see the doors to the gym completely blast off their hinges, and they all saw someone enter. Someone that made them all gasp in surprise.

“No!” Applejack exclaimed.

“It cannot be!” Rarity said.

“What is SHE doing here?!” Rainbow exclaimed.

Meanwhile Sparkler was singing a different tune. THAT’S why my Sparkler sense was going off! She thought as they all stared at a demon they all believed to be destroyed. “Sundown Shimmer!” Everyone named the demon.

Sundown meanwhile was laughing maniacally as she looked around the gym. “MWAHAHAHAHA! Guess who’s back! And this time. NOTHING can stop me! MWAHAHAHAHA!”

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Oh snap. This is going to be a pickle.

THX FOR READING!