• Published 15th Oct 2022
  • 431 Views, 111 Comments

Sparkling Harmony EQG: Agents of SMILE: Operation Sundown - Captain_Cosmos



It's the Halloween Dance and Sparkler and her friends are gearing up for a fun night. But a blast from the past threatens to destroy it all

  • ...
5
 111
 431

Music Time with the Rainbooms 2 (Can I have this Dance)

Twilight raised an eyebrow as she climbed the stairs up to the roof of Canterlot High, she had gotten a text from Sparkler telling her to meet her up there. "I wonder why Sparkler wanted me to come up here?" She asked idly as she opened the door leading out onto the roof. She looked around and saw Sparkler standing there with Applejack, Rarity, and Octavia Melody, a violin player in the Canterlot High Orchestra. "What are you guys doing up here?" She asked.

Applejack chuckled as Twilight approached them. "Sparkler wanted us to provide Musical Accompaniment." She said.

"Musical Accompaniment? For what?" Twilight asked as she turned to her smiling girlfriend. "What's going on Sparkler?" She asked.

Sparkler just took out her phone and showed her the screen, Twilight's face turned pale as she saw a video of an incident she had with Night-Mare during their brother's wedding reception, She and Night-Mare were slow dancing together and they tumbled because of Twilight's lack of ability to dance.

"Night-Mare sent this to me, with the demand that I teach you how to dance before the Halloween Dance this weekend." Sparkler explained. “First off, wanna learn?” She asked.

Twilight understood what Sparkler was asking and smiled. "I'd love to...But wait Night-Mare SENT that to you?" She asked.

Sparkler chuckled as she pocketed the tickets. "Don't worry. I'll delete the video. Just needed it long enough for you to believe that Night-Mare played a hand in this." She said.

Twilight nodded, breathing a sigh of relief. "So, what you put this together to teach me how to dance?" She asked. "You didn't have to go to all this you know." She said.

"Maybe, but there's no reason NOT to do it when all parties involved happen to have a free period together." Rarity interjected.

"Yeah. Thanks for helping us out guys." Sparkler said.

"Not a problem Sparkler." Octavia responded. "I owed Rarity a favor after she stepped in for our pianist once." She said.

Twilight chuckled. Of course Rarity had a hand in this. "Alright, what do we do?" She asked.

Sparkler smiled as she nodded to the three musicians, signaling for them to start playing. The music started and Sparkler moved closer to Twilight as she started singing.

Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked to mine
And let the music be your guide

(Won't you promise me?)
Now won't you promise me?
That you'll never forget
(We'll keep dancing)
To keep dancing wherever we go next

It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances to feeling
The way we do

And with every step together
We just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance?
Can I have this dance?

Can I have this dance?

"There you go. You're getting it." Sparkler said.

"This is easier than I thought." Twilight commented.

"Shall we go again?" Sparkler asked.

Twilight smiled as she offered Sparkler her hand.

Take my hand, I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you through it all

(And you can't keep us apart)
any amount of distance can't keep us apart
(Cause my heart)
Cause my heart is wherever you are

It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances to feeling
The way we do

And with every step together
We just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance?
Can I have this dance?

Can I have this dance?

"Look at you, If I didn't already see the video of you and Night-Mare taking that tumble I would've thought people were exaggerating you not being able to dance." Sparkler said, smiling.

"Maybe I had a good teacher today." Twilight responded slyly.

Sparkler laughed as they continued dancing.

Oh, no mountain's too high and no ocean's too wide
Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour, what we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe that we were meant to be, yeah

It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances to feeling
The way we do
And with every step together
We just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance
Can I have this dance?

Can I have this dance?

Can I have this dance?

Can I have this dance?

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Readers: Did he literally just write the HSM 3 Can I have this Dance scene with extra dialogue?

Me: Yes. Yes I did. I regret absolutely nothing.

I kid you not, This is another thing I have been waiting for MONTHS to do. For the pony couple, it never seemed to make sense to put it in. NOW it does for EQG. Lol.

As usual, rights go to their respective owners. And this is meant to just be a fun interlude these music chapters.

THX FOR READING!