• Published 5th Apr 2023
  • 3,158 Views, 494 Comments

Through The Multiverse - Battwell



The Multiverse is in peril. An ancient being is gathering forces throughout various universes for a nefarious plan. Join Twilight and her 4 new friends as they journey through multiple worlds in order to stop these dastardly villains.

  • ...
9
 494
 3,158

9. Meanwhile...

Foundation Prime

Exiled's Fortress


"Hey! Let us out of here you jerks!"

Unfortunately, the demands of the rainbow maned pegasus were met with blank stares from the lifeless organisms that were currently guarding her and her friends, ensuring that they would not escape. Not that they ever could to begin with, seeing as soon as they had arrived on Foundation Prime they were surrounded by those strange creatures that took Discord's Statue. Soon enough, they were brought towards The Exiled's Fortress, as were the Elements of Harmony.

The Exiled's Fortress was a sight to behold. It was a metallic, black pyramid, with blue, ancient glowing runes engraved into it. Various blue highlights were also engraved into the massive fortified headquarters. In the face of the pyramid was a yellow orb that was constantly humming with power.

Once they had entered the Fortress, the strange creatures had forced them all into a yellow forcefield so that they couldn't escape. They tried to escape through various methods, such as bucking the forcefield, or hitting it with a beam of magic, but it all ended in failure. The forcefield was made up of pure energy, it was impenetrable.

All the ponies and dragon could do was take note of their surroundings. They appeared to be in a throne room of sorts. It was structured like a long hallway, with a long, dark blue carpet rolled out all across the room. Multiple black banners with strange runic symbols hung upon the walls, with torches lit up by a blue flame placed next to them. At the end of the throne room were stairs leading up to a stone, grey throne with curved spikes on the head, and the arms of the chair.

Things were looking gloomy, and they still had no idea what was going on. Although, Applejack had a sneaking suspicion that both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna knew more than they were letting on. They only became more confused when those creatures brought in more prisoners. It was weird, they weren't ponies at all. Three of them appeared to be anthropomorphic animals, six of them were human, one was a giant gorilla, and another was a tiny creature with a mushroom on its head.

The creatures had also brought in these strange items, they were very peculiar, the ponies thought. Seven Emeralds. An ore of what appeared to be glowing metal. A chunk of green crystal. And finally, a glowing yellow star with beady eyes. These items, along with the Elements of Harmony, were placed on pedestals that were located in the center of the throne room.

After hearing Rainbow's outburst, Applejack simply rolled her eyes, "Rainbow, give it a rest, will ya?"

"Yes, your constant prattling is becoming rather tiresome." Damian commented from his forcefield, which was located just across from the Equestrians.

During their time being captive, the prisoners got to know one another as well as they could given the circumstances. Celestia had already made up her opinion of them during their various interactions. She found Damian to be hollow, devoid of any emotion with little regard for anyone other than himself. He was cold and calculating, which was something Celestia herself hadn't encountered given her multiple interactions with foals and colts.

It was nerve racking.

The Avengers were honorable and full of light. She was especially fond of Captain Steve Rogers, Celestia found his stance on doing what's right to be comforting in these trying times. The Freedom Fighters, or Team Sonic as they were commonly called, were skilled and honor bound to stop their planet from being terraformed into a metallic empire ruled with an iron fist.

Princess Peach and her cohorts had a heroic aura around them. Celestia could tell that they were pure of heart, especially Peach, if they were under different circumstances, she would have sat down and had tea with her, given to how similar they really are.

Except the kidnapping thing. Celestia had no similarity in that regard.

Her attention was brought back to Rainbow Dash, who had zoomed up to the front of the shield and was currently shouting at Damian, who was simply meditating quietly. "Oh yeah? Y'know ever since you got here, you've been nothing but a royal pain in the flank kid! Somepony oughta teach you some respect!"

The Boy Wonder felt a cruel smirk tug on his lips, "And that someone will be you? Please, you wouldn't stand a chance given how you have the mental capacity of a teaspoon."

That set Rainbow off.

"Why you!!!" The sky blue pegasus growled before being held back by Applejack, who had bitten down on her rainbow tail.

"Enough!" The voice of Captain America echoed throughout the throne room, gaining everyone's attention. "We can't be divided now. If we ever hope to get out of here and put a stop to whatever is going on, then we must work together."

That gained a small nod from Princess Luna, "Sir Rogers is correct. We must come together if we have any hope of defeating our enemy."

It was then that Knuckles spoke up, "Look I'm all for teamwork or whatever, but we're not gonna be able to do a thing while we're trapped in these things."

"He's right." Tails agreed as he pulled out his Miles Electric, a small handheld device that Tails himself built, "I've tried isolating the energy signature of these forcefields to try and shut them down, but I've been unsuccessful so far. This energy is foreign to me. It's ancient."

"We've had no luck either." Spider-Man added with a sigh, "From the looks of it these forcefields are made up of pure energy."

"Yeah, my fists aren't doing a thing. And my fists can do just about anything, but when I punched the barrier there wasn't even a crack!" Donkey Kong exclaimed loudly within his groups forcefield, causing everyone inside to cover their ears to prevent them from going deaf.

"Preaching to the choir pal!" Knuckles replied as he raised his fist into the air.

Rarity took a step forward, "Well darlings there has to be something we can do!"

"I'm afraid that there is little we can do, my little pony." Celestia revealed solemnly. Once everyone turned to her, she continued, "The threat we face is very smart, cunning, and ferocious. He is one that will do anything to get what he wants. He has ancient technology and magic at his leisure, and will not hesitate to use them to achieve his goals."

Damian, who had stood up from his seated position and was now leaning against the barrier, replied with a suspicious tone, "You seem to know a lot about who brought us here, your highness."

"Of course she does."

At the sound of that metallic, echoed voice, everyone turned to the stone doors leading into the throne room. There, standing in the open doorway, was the one that had brought them all here. The one responsible for all of this. The ancient being that was exiled from his home.

Talos.

The Exiled.

"We do have history after all." Exiled added before he walked into his throne room, his metallic footsteps echoing throughout the room. As he walked, the creatures under his command knelt before him, showing respect to their master. As he walked past, Talos scraped his claws across the forcefield, causing electricity to spark off from the impact.

He stopped in front of the Equestrians and turned to face them as both princesses walked in front of the group with frowns on their faces.

They simply stared at each other before Exiled broke the tension with a greeting. He turned to the white alicorn, "Celestia: Monarch of the Sun." He then set his gaze upon the midnight alicorn, "Luna: Ruler of the Night." He outstretched his arms, "What a privilege it is to see you once more. You both have aged well in the last thousand years since I saw you last."

"Talos." Celestia sneered, her eyes shrinking to pinpricks.

"That is a name long forgotten." Exiled replied. "You may refer to me as The Exiled."

Luna glared daggers at the ancient being. "We should have known that you would return someday. Although part of me hoped that you would've been smart enough to know that what you desire is not possible."

"Your teacher thought the same, and in a way he was correct. Using the Seed of Harmony wouldn't have had the effects I desired. Instead of sending me home, it would've destroyed your world, and me along with it. But thanks to that incompetent fool Starswirl, he unknowingly provided me with the means for my return."

"How so?"

Exiled chuckled deeply. "Welcome to the center of the multiverse. Foundation Prime!" Both Celestia and Luna gasped in shock while Talos chuckled at them, relishing this moment. "I see you have now grasped the reality of the situation."

Spike, who had been hiding with Fluttershy behind Celestia's foreleg, suddenly popped out from his hiding place and asked, "U-Um... What's Foundation Prime?"

Luna kept her gaze directly onto The Exiled, but responded, "Tis the center of the multiverse. The birthplace of all living things, all living worlds. Starswirl hypothesized that it was the cataclysm that created the great cosmic infinitude that gave birth to the entirety of the multiverse."

"That old fool Starswirl believed he had stopped me by banishing me to this dead world. But in actuality he gave me the very thing I needed to complete my goals. He may have hindered my progress for an eternity, but in the end, I shall get what I rightfully deserve."

"What you deserve is a knuckle sandwich!" Knuckles shouted out, getting Exiled's attention as he turned to face the enraged echidna. "Now let us out of here before we make you!"

"Now someone's speaking my language!" Donkey Kong piped up.

Cap gripped his shield and stared down the ancient being. "As long as we still draw a breath, there will always be hope. And hope will guide us through the darkness, it will help us overcome whatever it is you want. While we still breathe, you will never be able to achieve victory."

Exiled marched over to Cap's prison, chuckling humorously. "Brave words, Captain Rogers. For a lab rat. I am an ancient being older than you could possibly know. You on the other hand are a science experiment, everything special about you came from a bottle." He scathed his claws across the forcefield. "You say that I'll never achieve victory, yet I've come too far and done too much to stop now. Besides your threats mean nothing to a God, Captain Rogers."

"Oh great, another whack job with a 'God Complex'." Black Widow muttered while she rolled her eyes.

Exiled turned to the Russian spy. "To be a God you just have to make those beneath you believe you are. And believe me when I say that I truly am the real deal." He clarified as he leaned forward towards the forcefield trapping the Avengers.

"So what's the end goal here?" Princess Peach asked, enticing Exiled to turn to her dome. "You end your exile and conquer everything?"

Standing upright, Talos set his sights on the princess and replied, "Foolish child. I am not some petty despot craving attention. I am just a lost soul wanting to return home."

"And how do you plan to do that?" Princess Luna asked. "Starswirl banished you here with the means of keeping you here." She reminded the ancient being with a smug smile on her face.

"Yes, I am stuck here on this barren world." Exiled explained before one of his subjects approached him from behind.

Luna tilted her head in confusion, "You're Soulless Ones?" She asked, revealing that these strange creatures that have been following The Exiled's every command are known as Soulless Ones.

All of a sudden, the Soulless One's ocular visor lit up before it began projecting an image of a crash site somewhere on Foundation Prime. There were three survivors, two were robots, and the other was an egg shaped man.

Exiled turned to Luna. "I may be marooned here," he turned towards the projection and gestured to it with his hand, enticing everyone to look at the projection. "But they are not."



Meanwhile

Eggman was not having a good day.

Not only was his plan foiled for the thousandth time, but he was also stranded on some barren and lifeless world with no way of getting back home. His plan was fool proof, nothing could go wrong. He would use the Keystone to call upon the forces of the Ancients to aid him in his conquest of Mobius. But somehow that conniving little hedgehog had ruined everything once again.

And he couldn't use the Keystone either, he had no idea how it worked and he didn't have enough time to analyze it before, you know, due to a rodent problem. So now he was stuck somewhere with no way out. Again. This wouldn't be the first time. His past self came to mind for a moment.

To say that things were bad for the mad doctor would be an understatement.

Could things get any worse?

"Got any threes?"

"Go Fish."

Oh yeah. He was stuck with these two idiots.

"I hate that hedgehog." Eggman muttered before kicking the arm of his now destroyed Egg Colossus.

Seeing at how defeated his boss looked, Cubot leaned in towards Orbot's listening processor and whispered, "Should we add this to the tally?"

"You add anything to that tally and I will disassemble the both of you and reassemble you both into a Washing Machine!" Eggman threatened as he pointed to the both of them.

Orbot and Cubot blinked simultaneously.

Eggman turned and frowned.

"And yes, I can hear the two of you! I'm not deaf y'know!"

Orbot shrugged, "Our apologies sir, we just assumed that because... Well... You are an old fellow, if I'm being honest."

"OLD?!" Eggman bellowed as his face turned red. "HOW DARE YOU!!! I'M NOT EVEN 50 YEARS OLD YET!!!"

"Wow, you've aged terribly." Cubot pointed out like the idiot he is.

Robotnik sighed, why did he put up with these two idiots again? "Just shut up and grab anything of value. We're going to be here a while and we're not going to escape by just standing around."

Suddenly, he felt a vibration of sorts in the palm of his hand. Opening his hand, Eggman saw that his Keystone was lighting up before dimming down once again. It repeated this action while humming softly.

"Interesting. There's still so much that we do not know about this Keystone device, unfortunately I don't have the necessary tools to study it at this time." He mused to himself while studying the Keystone carefully. "Besides, even if I did, the amount of data stored inside of it defies quantification." He chuckled, "But that won't stop me from trying."

Looking upwards, Orbot asked, "Um boss? What exactly is the Keystone doing?"

"I don't know, but we're not going to find out by just standing around here." Eggman replied before marching onward. "Come on! I have a world to conquer and little time. There isn't a moment to waste when plotting for world domination."


"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"NO!"

"Are we there yet?"

"I said NO!"

"Are we there yet?"

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR EARS?!"

"Are we there yet?"

"LOOK AROUND YOU!!!"

"Are we there yet?"

"WE'RE NOT THERE!!!"

Orbot and Cubot laughed hysterically before high fiving each other, causing Eggman to groan aloud in annoyance. It had been a few hours since Eggman and his cronies had found themselves stranded on Foundation Prime. Since then, the three of them had been wandering aimlessly hoping to find something, anything that could help them in getting home or help Eggman conquer Mobius. The doctor was hoping for a bit of dumb luck in getting both options.

About halfway into their journey, Orbot and Cubot were bored and decided to do what they do best. Not what they were built for, which was for assisting Eggman in whatever he needed, no it was something far better than that.

And what could be better than annoying the living hell out of Eggman?

Speaking of the mad doctor, he was currently massaging his forehead, hoping to prevent a headache from coming on. So far he was unsuccessful. "I swear I'm a masochist," he muttered to himself, wondering why he ever thought building the two of them was ever a good idea.

"Hey boss? Could we take a break? My legs are starting to hurt." Cubot complained.

Snapping his body around to face the annoying robot, Eggman seethed, "YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE LEGS, YOU MORON!!!" When Cubot tilted his head and blinked in confusion, Eggman felt his left eye twitch. "ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! NOT ONLY AM I STRANDED IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DIMENSION, BUT I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH YOU TWO UNTIL I FIND A WAY OFF OF THIS DEAD PLANET!!! CAN THINGS POSSIBLY GET ANY WORSE?!"

It was then that Dr. Eggman was drenched in rain.

Grumbling in anger, the mad doctor looked up to see a rain cloud hovering right above his head. Which was strange, because not only was this the first sign of actual weather on this planet, but the fact that it was colored pink. What's weirder was the fact that Eggman wasn't even drenched in rain water. Once he tasted the substance that fell on him, Eggman deduced that it was in fact chocolate milk.

"Strange, this is chocolate milk." Eggman muttered to himself before turning to Orbot. "Scan that rain cloud for any properties that would be deemed unusual."

Nodding, Orbot hovered up to the rain cloud and stuck his finger inside of it, scanning it for any unusual anomalies. Once the scan was complete, he hovered back down and said, "Boss, I picked up traces of Sucrose, Glucose, and Fructose. The elements which make up the delicacy known as cotton candy."

Eggman looked up at the cotton candy cloud in confusion, "A cotton candy cloud that rains chocolate milk? That literally makes zero sense!"

"Sense? Oh my dear fellow, what fun is there in making sense?"

Startled by the sudden proclamation, Eggman spun around in circles, looking for the source of the voice. When he found no evidence of anyone besides him and his lackeys being there, he exclaimed, "Who's there? What do you want? Show yourself!"

"Don't mind if I do!"

A flash of light appeared right above Eggman, causing him to cover his eyes so that he wasn't blinded. Once the blinding light dissipated, Eggman gazed upon the form of a certain draconequues with the talons of an eagle, the arm of a lion, a serpentine like body, the head of a pony with one antler and one blue goat horn. He had one long fang hanging out of his mouth, different sized red pupils, a snake's tongue, a goat beard, and white bushy eyebrows. He also had the right leg of a lizard, and the left leg of a goat. In addition, he had a bat's right wing, a pegasus' left wing, a horse's mane, and a dragon like snake's tail with a white tail tuft.



Discord let out a hearty laugh before leaning back to crack his back. "Ooooh, that felt goooood. Let me just say that being trapped in stone makes everything so stiff! I feel like an aged grandpa with how stiff my body feels, although considering my age it makes sense, but I digress."

Eggman stared at the draconequues in pure confusion before stuttering out, "I... Wha... How.... I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! Who are you? W-What are you?!"

Discord let out a loud gasp before leaning forward in a mocking bow. "How rude of me! Allow me to introduce myself!" He said before disappearing with a snap of his talons. A much smaller version of him then reappeared on Eggman's right shoulder. "I'm Discord! The Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony." He vanished in a flash of light a reappeared in front of Eggman, eyeing him curiously. "And who might you be good sir?"

The mad doctor grinned, he always loved talking about himself, "Doctor Ivo Robotnik: The greatest scientific genius in the world! But call me Eggman."

Discord snickered at the name, "Eggman? I mean I get why you called yourself that, given your... Physique." He quickly summoned a mirror that made Eggman appear larger than he already was before snapping it out of existence. "But why would you call yourself something so... Non threatening?"

Eggman frowned, "It was Sonic who named me 'Eggman'." He revealed before chuckling cruelly, "Except the joke's on him! I embraced the name! I made it my own! His mockery is now a name feared across the ages!"

"Sonic, you say?" Discord muttered curiously. "What is that? A fast food chain?"

Eggman's face turned from one of pride to one of pure, raw hatred. "Sonic is the name of an insolent hedgehog who constantly sticks his nose where it doesn't belong. He constantly ruins my ingenious schemes for world domination, all the while boasting while doing it! If it wasn't for him, the world would be in the palm of my hand right now. In fact it's because of him that I'm trapped in this lifeless dimension!"

After hearing the explanation, Discord's eyes shot out of his head, literally, as he came to a realization during Eggman's rant about his arch enemy. "You're a villain too?!"

"Yes? Why?"

Discord looked at his talons with a smug expression on his face. "Well I don't like to brag, but I too delve into the nefarious schemes of villainy."

Eggman looked on with wide eyes, "You're kidding?"

Discord grinned, "Picture this." He then snapped his talons, blinding the mad doctor in a flash of light before reappearing on a wooden stage, hovering over as he puppeteered various wooden puppets of his enemies. "A thousand years ago, I appeared in the land of Equestria, looking to have some fun. A few floating buildings here, a few winged bunnies there. It was a paradise."

As he told his tale, Discord puppeteered a puppet of himself sitting on a throne on a hill while various buildings and other objects floated around him. "Until those sourpusses, Celestia and Luna ruined everything! With their constant preaching of magic and friendship! Blech!!!" He continued in a dark tone as two puppets of Celestia and Luna floated over towards Discord's puppet. These puppets had googly eyes with mops for manes and candy canes for horns. "They then blasted me with their McGuffins, the Elements of Harmony, and trapped me in stone for a thousand years!" He explained as various stones made out of paper floated around the alicorn sisters and proceeded to blast Discord's puppet, sealing it in stone.

"Anyway, a thousand years later I was released! Looks like that old windbag, Celestia, lost her connection to the Elements due to her sisters temper tantrum. I was free to spread chaos around all of Equestria!" He proclaimed as his puppet self was freed from stone. "But then as it turns out, there were new Element Bearers waiting to ruin my fun!" Suddenly, puppet versions of the Mane 6 appeared before puppet Discord, with a certain unicorn standing front and center. "I broke them apart by making them the reverse of what they stood for." And with a snap of his puppet talons, the Mane 6 turned grey and split apart. "All except for one." Discord practically growled as color returned to Twilight Sparkle's puppet.

"Twilight Sparkle. She reunited her friends and used the Elements to blast me back into stone!" He yelled angrily as puppet Discord was blasted back into stone. With a snap of his talons, the stage disappeared except for Twilight's puppet, who appeared in Discord's paw. "That little unicorn humiliated me! Me! The Master of Chaos! Nopony beats me and gets away with it! When I return to Equestria I'm going to make her wish I simply broke her friendship apart! She'll wish she'd have never been born!" He declared as he crushed the Twilight puppet in his paw. He panted for a few seconds before discarding the remains of the puppet and returning to his goofy demeanor. "And that's my story! I've been thinking of turning it into a biography." He said as he held up a book with him pondering on a chair in front of a fireplace with a purple robe around him.

Eggman, who had been listening to his tale, pondered for a moment before asking, "But how did you get here?"

"What most ponies don't know is that I am completely aware of what transpires around me while I am encased in stone. A few strange creatures appeared around me before I was dropped into a portal. Next thing I know the seal around my statue is broken and I'm free."

After processing that information for a moment, Eggman smiled devilishly as an idea popped into his head. "You know Discord, we could help each other."

Discord leaned in an smiled, "I'm listening."

"If we work together, we could find a way to get out of this lifeless dimension and use our combined intellect to defeat our enemies, and conquer our worlds!"

Discord grinned as he rubbed his mismatched hands together mischievously, "Oh, a classic villain team-up! I like the sound of that!" The draconequues extended his talon towards the evil human, "Put 'er there, pal!"

Eggman chuckled as he accepted the handshake, forming this alliance was the perfect way to get out of here and have more than one world under his belt. The handshake concluded between the two before Discord snapped his talons, hoping for something to happen. When nothing happened, he snapped again. Once more, nothing happened.

"Is something supposed to be happening?" Eggman asked.

Discord continued to snap his talons before answering angrily, "I don't get it! This is supposed to make a portal so that we can get out of here! Why! Isn't! It! Working!" He asked as he snapped his talons. "This doesn't make sense!"

"I thought not making sense was your specialty." Eggman pointed out.

Discord rolled his eyes, "Okay, smart guy. What's your take on this?"

"It might have something to do with this dimension." Eggman surmised before pulling out his Keystone. "But I propose a different solution. We find out what's causing my Keystone to do this," he pointed to the blinking artifact in his hand before continuing, "and we may just find a way out of here."

Discord, stroking his goat beard, nodded in agreement. "That's as good a plan as any. Lead on, genius extraordinaire Dr. Eggman of... Wherever you're from!"

Eggman grinned, "It would be my pleasure, most chaotic and exotic Discord of Equestria!" He then looked to Orbot and Cubot, who had been hovering there this whole time. "Alright you two! Move it or lose it!"

"Who are they?" Discord asked as he pointed to them with his thumb.

"Annoying rust buckets I should have dismantled a long time ago." Eggman responded before walking ahead of the group. "Now let's go! We have worlds to conquer!"


1 Hour Later

"Got any fives?" Cubot asked a certain draconequues, who had joined in on their game of 'Go Fish' to pass the time.

Discord stroked his beard before replying, "Go Fish." He pulled out a blue fish from behind him and hurled it at Cubot's head, enticing Orbot to laugh at his friend's misfortune.

Eggman, who had been leading the group ever since he met the Master of Chaos, grumbled in annoyance. To be honest he had expected Discord to take this a little more seriously, but even though he had the maturity of a six year old, his abilities would be of great use to him and his quest for world domination.

It was then that he felt something slither along his shoulders. Looking to his left, he saw the head of Discord, who's whole body was sprawled across Eggman's shoulders. "Soooo are we there yet?" He asked, knowing that it would get a reaction out of his new ally.

"Oh, don't you start now!" Eggman warned as he shoved the draconequues off of his shoulders.

Said Spirit of Chaos suddenly popped up from the sand with a slick black haircut wearing a denim jacket. "Come on Eggy, you need to relax and be cool. Being all grumpy will get you nowhere, you need to see the fun in things."

"The only thing I'm seeing right now is a certain someone not taking this seriously enough." Eggman shot back, not exactly liking Discord's care free attitude. "There are certain moments where you can be 'cool' and 'relaxed', but now is not one of them!"

"Excuse me? Boss?" Orbot piped up, trying to get Eggman's attention.

Discord, now having ditched his attire, frowned back at the doctor. "Oh please, you wouldn't know how to be cool if it hit you in the face."

"Uh boss?" Cubot tried, but failed to get his attention as well.

Eggman folded his arms disapprovingly, "Well at least I know when to take things seriously. The entire time I've known you, you have mainly goofed around instead of helping me locate a way to get out of here! If this is going to work, we need to take this seriously, not act like some villain out of a children's cartoon show!"

"BOSS!!!" Both of his henchbots screamed simultaneously, getting the attention of both of them.

"WHAT?!" Both Discord and Eggman shouted, having grown tired of their constant interference.

"INCOMING!!!"

Both villains turned around and stared wide eyed as a fireball flew right towards them. Discord summoned an umbrella and used it as a shield while Eggman ran away, screaming like a little girl. The fireball hit Discord's umbrella, the resulting impact sending the draconequues flying right into Eggman, sending them both crashing down into the sand.

Turning around and looking down in the distance, both villains saw a giant turtle stomping right towards them, with fire emerging from his enclosed maw. His stomps shook the ground with each step he took, the King of the Koopas growled, causing more smoke to emerge from his mouth.

Bowser stomped over to both villains, anger clear in his demeanor. He had just lost to Mario once again, which had cost him the love of his life, Princess Peach. To say that Bowser was angry would be the understatement of the century.

"Where is she?" Bowser growled deeply as he loomed over the two villains.

Orbot and Cubot were currently hiding behind both Discord and Eggman in an effort to protect themselves from Bowser's fury. Discord rolled his eyes, literally as he plucked them from his eye sockets and rolled them to Bowser's feet.

Looking down, Bowser saw that the eyes had developed mouths which asked, "Who's she?"

Slightly grossed out, Bowser shook his head before glaring at Discord and Eggman, "Don't play games with me! Last thing I remember was being dragged into a portal, with my Peach being dragged in after me. You two are the only guys I've seen since I got here. So I'll ask once more. Where is she?"

Eggman raised his hands in a gesture for the Koopa to calm down, "Woah woah! How would we know, we don't even know who you are!"

Bowser cracked his knuckles, "Fine. If you won't tell me where she is, then I'll just have to-." Whatever he was going to say was cut off by Discord.

Who summoned a giant pink, frosted, sprinkled cupcake in mid air, causing it to land right on top of Bowser. Groaning in pain, the Koopa King popped his head out of the base of the delicious treat as both Eggman and Discord walked over to him.

"Now, shall we try this again?" Discord asked while patting Bowser on the head with his lion's paw.

Confused, Bowser looked at the two villains curiously before asking, "Okay, what's happening here? I ain't getting hero vibes from you two dorks."

The both of them looked deeply offended at the assumption, what with Eggman looking disgusted and Discord gasping dramatically. "That's because we're not heroes! To be assumed as such is greatly disrespectful to our villainous status." Eggman informed the confined Koopa.

"So, who the heck are you guys?" Bowser asked.

Discord zipped forward, shoving a business card into Bowser's mouth, "I'm Discord: Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. Here's my card."

"Dr. Eggman: The greatest genius you'll ever know." He introduced as Bowser spat out the business card.

"So, who might you be?" Discord asked the Koopa.

Bowser smirked before bursting out of the cupcake, the resulting explosion sent frosting everywhere. "The name's Bowser. King of the Koopas! Soon to be ruler of the world and soon to be husband to the lovely Princess Peach."

Both Eggman and Discord looked to each other and shrugged at that last statement.

"So, you guys are villains too huh?" He asked as he wiped frosting off of his shoulder. When they both nodded, he added, "So when you guys come up with an awesome plan, does it always get foiled by do-gooders who don't know how to mind their own business?"

"Oh yeah." Discord answered.

"Absolutely." Eggman responded.

It was then that Bowser grinned evilly, "Say, what if we all teamed up? Together, we could crush those pipsqueaks that stand in our way, and conquer not one, not two, but three worlds! Together, there would be no losers left to oppose us!"

"Well what a coinkydink! We were just planning on doing that ourselves!" Discord revealed with a gleeful smile.

Eggman stroked his moustache, "We could use the extra man power." He mused before offering Bowser a hand in partnership. "What do you say, Bowser? Want to join us in conquering three worlds and destroying all our enemies?"

Bowser gladly accepted the handshake. "I'd have to be an idiot to say no to that!" Once the handshake concluded, Bowser got all giddy and said, "Oh ho, once I have three worlds kneeling before me, Peach will have no choice in accepting my hand in marriage!"

But suddenly, appearing all around them were seven portals which caused the villains to back up. From the portals emerged six Soulless Ones and one Soulless Commander. They surrounded the villains from all sides, making it impossible for them to escape.

Bowser leaned in towards Eggman, "Uh, these guys with you?" When Eggman shook his head, the King of the Koopas gulped nervously. When Discord snapped his talons to try and get them out of there, he found out that his abilities were not working once again.

Just his luck.

The Soulless Commander pointed its blade like arm at the trio of villains and the two robot lackeys. "You have been summoned. You will come with us accordingly, or you will all face execution."

The villains gulped nervously but nodded all the same. They hated to admit it, but these strange creatures were probably their best chance at getting out of here. They just had to play along.

For now.


Sometime later: At The Exiled's Fortress

"I gotta be honest here. This fortress is truly impressive." Eggman complimented as he and the other villains were being escorted into the throne room. What was weird was that the Soulless Ones hadn't uttered another word since they had located the villains. It was unnerving to say the least.

Bowser pouted and grumbled, "My castles are cooler."

The doors opened, revealing the throne room and its contents inside. But the makings of the throne room wasn't what stunned the trio of villainy. No. It was the fact that their enemies were right there, trapped with nowhere to go.

Discord grinned like a kid in a candy store when he saw Celestia and the Element Bearers. Plus Spike.

"Yoo Hoo!!!" The draconequues shouted, getting the Equestrian's attention.

"DISCORD?!" The ponies and dragon all shouted at once.

Said Spirit of Chaos teleported over to the forcefield to gloat at his enemies' predicament. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Sun Butt and the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony. But what's this? No Elements in sight?! Oooh, this is just too good!"

"Discord?! But how?!" Rainbow Dash was clearly confused as to how the draconequues was freed from his prison.

"Ah thought he'd remain trapped in that statue we put 'im in." Applejack thought before turning her head up to Celestia. "How'd he manage to break free, princess?"

But instead of the usual wisdom Celestia had at her disposal, all she had were the same questions the other ponies had. "I-I don't know, my little pony."

While Discord continued to gloat to his Equestrian enemies, Eggman walked over to the Mobians with his hands behind his back, watching them with an evil smile. "Well isn't this a nice surprise. Team Sonic, here, helpless, right in my clutches!"

Amy rolled her eyes, "Keep dreaming, Eggman."

"Yeah, once we get outta here, we're gonna send you flying into next week!" Knuckles threatened as bumped his fists together.

"But how will you do that?" Eggman asked condescendingly. "I'm out here. And you're in there."

Meanwhile, Bowser was kneeling in front of Peach, professing his love to her. "Oh Peach, my darling. Here we are again, me, asking for your hand in marriage. You, standing there looking as beautiful as ever."

Peach gagged at the kneeling Koopa. "Oh get over yourself."

Bowser frowned as he stood back up, turning to see something that made his jaw fall to the floor. There, on a stone pedestal, was the Super Star. "T-The Super Star?! How'd that get here?!"

Eggman and Discord turned to see the various items on display.

"Not only that, but the Chaos Emeralds are here as well." Eggman commented.

"As are the Elements of Harmony." Discord added.

Bowser turned to the other villains with confusion written all over his face. "But I don't get it. What are they all doing here?"

"They serve a purpose." A chilling voice answered, causing the three villains and the two lackey bots to turn towards the throne. There, sitting there with his fingers interlocked, was The Exiled. "As do all of you."

Bowser folded his arms as the other two villains walked over to stand next to him. "And just who the heck are you?"

"You may call me Exiled. I am pleased to make your acquaintance, King Bowser."

"How do you know my name?"

"I know all of your names." Exiled revealed before standing up from atop his throne. "Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Discord. I know all about you. Who do you think brought you here?"

Not liking the fact that this guy knew so much about all of them, Eggman frowned and asked, "So you brought us here? Why? Why are we here? Why are the Emeralds here?"

Walking down the stairs leading to his throne, Exiled explained, "These various items are known as Foundation Elements. It is said that these items have existed since the dawn of time. Each Element has been scattered across the various dimensions in the multiverse. With all of them gathered together, they will unlock the secret to the multiverse's existence. The very thing that will grant whoever unlocks it complete and utter control over every dimension in the multiverse."

On the outside, Eggman looked calm. On the inside however, he was ecstatic! This was it! The very thing he needed to finally beat Sonic and rule not only his world, but all worlds.

Discord however, seemed bored as he yawned into his lion's paw. "Okay, so what does that have to do with us?"

Exiled continued explaining, "I am forever bound to this dimension. I cannot gather the Foundation Elements for they exist outside of this dimension. But you can. You can gather the Elements and bring them here. In exchange, I offer you each a piece of the multiverse when we're done."

And with that, both Bowser and Discord were sold on the idea. Bowser could rule any world he wanted, while Discord could cause all amounts of chaos in various worlds. Eggman on the other hand, felt like something was off. Like he wasn't getting the full story here. Of course he would play along for now, only so he could get what he wants in the end.

Suddenly, a portal opened up beside the Foundation Elements. Then Dorothy and her friends came flying through, landing on top of one another and groaning in pain. When Dorothy looked up, she screamed as Exiled loomed over her menacingly.

"My dear, you will not be needing those Ruby Slippers any longer." He informed the girl as his claws lit up, as did the slippers on her feet. Then out of nowhere, the straps on the slippers snapped, making it easy for them to be removed. Once Exiled placed them on a stone pedestal, he used his telekinetic abilities to shove the group of friends into an empty forcefield. Once it was occupied, Exiled looked to the villains and asked, "Now who's in?"

Bowser chuckled deeply as he responded, "Count me in!"

Discord snapped his talons and suddenly, a sign appeared in his hands that read, "GO TEAM!" confirming that he was in.

Eggman thought for a moment before nodding in acknowledgement.

Exiled chuckled darkly before revealing his Keystone, making Eggman gasp in shock, "Behold, the Keystones. Each of them capable of harnessing a different power for the user to wield. You hold the Power Keystone. Which allows the user to enhance any weapon exponentially. Allow me to show you the powers of the one I wield."

He held up his Keystone as it shot out a laser, creating a portal out of thin air. The villains and the captured heroes looked on as two silhouettes made themselves know inside of the portal.

Exiled turned his head to the villains, "Gentlemen, meet your allies. For there shall be more to come in this endeavor. There is plenty of worlds and power to go around. Why not share it? You four aren't the only villains in the multiverse you know."

There, inside the portal was a man with an extremely large head sitting in a chair. And standing next to him was a clown, with a smile that sent chills down everyone's spines. No-one knew what was going to happen. But one thing was for sure, nobody in that room would ever forget that haunting laughter.

Pinkie, who was understandably terrified, shook her head, "T-That's not laughter. That's not laughter at all..."