• ...
1
 66
 1,093

Forgiveness is not Enough.

I finally finished, after one month of construction, the wall that I ruined. I looked at the pile of concrete in front of me, a tower of my mistakes, it was disappearing with the help of the builders. I'm done with vacation. I'm back from my “vacation” well, working as a forest ranger. I decided to follow Delilah's advice. Ever since I came back from the woods, I can't stop seeing Brian in my head, his little dead body, and also what Ned, that bastard, told me.

"Hey Demon!" said a boy on a bicycle, launching a water balloon.

Sunset dodged it, it wasn't water it was red paint, now she had to clean it up. Speaking of bastards, for a long time, even before I left, many students teased me. They ranged from the simplest, stealing lunch, locker notes telling me to get the hell out of school, to die, angry messages, profanity and crudely drawn caricatures of me, etc. Also paint it on the outside, offenses and symbols of demons. She couldn't do anything alone, not even go to the bathroom, afraid of hearing the water tap and having to cover herself from wet, used toilet paper. But each time it got worse, the beatings, there was a group that burned me with cigarette butts, put nails in my seat, and endless other things.

Sunset finished cleaning, and she headed to the music room, but voices stopped her...

"So, whose turn is it?" Rainbow asked.

"What are you talking about Dashie?" Rarity asked.

"I think she means who gets to hang out with Sunset" Pinkie said.

"It sounds bad when you ask it like that" Fluttershy said.

"It's not our intention sugar cube, Dash just wants to make sure Sunset stays out of trouble" Applejack said.

"That's why I asked, except in certain classes, we don't stop hanging out with Sunset, that's why I want to know whose turn it is to hang out with Sunset, I have a game and I need to practice" said Rainbow.

“Oh my! Rainbow Dash! if Twilight could listen to you now” Rarity said.

"I know, I'm sorry, I'll keep Twi's promise, I'll take care of Sunset" Rainbow said. “We already know what to do if she gets out of control”

Sunset, who had heard everything, quietly walked away, went to the gym, luckily empty for her. She entered and burst into tears uncontrollably. Her so-called friends treated her like an object, something to take care of in case she turned bad again. What Dash was referring to is what hurt her the most. No matter how many months Sunset has worked hard to earn her trust, they would still hit her with that ray of friendship. A friendship that she was not a part of.

Sunset just stayed there the rest of the day, she didn't want to go out, she didn't want to see anyone, she just wanted to die, she pulled a sharp metal object out of her jacket, lifted her skirt a little, showing barely visible pink marks, took a deep breath and started to use the sharp object.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the entrance of the school, Principal Celestia was talking to the builders, and thanking them for repairing the entrance, all the students came out, except for 5 girls.

"Where is she? I want to go home” Rainbow said, annoyed.

"Calm down Dash, maybe she's in the bathroom" Applejack said.

In a little while, vice principal Luna arrived. "You girls should go now, it's late"

"We can't, we're waiting for our- well, Sunset," Rarity said.

"Sunset will stay with me to help with future school projects, she asked me to tell you to leave" Luna said.

"Oh, well, if she's sure then-"

"Okay, let's go!" Pinkie said, interrupting Fluttershy.

The five girls left the school without asking any more questions, not knowing that Sunset was watching them from a window, looking at the girls who swore to help her, she held back her tears, not willing to shed tears for them, no more. She sat back down to finish helping vice principal Luna.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night was almost here, Sunset finished and went to her apartment, she had to walk to get there, since her motorcycle was under repair, again, because of certain students. She was almost there, but as she turned the corner, she was yanked into an alley, crashing her body against a wall. When she opened her eyes, she spotted her attackers. A group of two boys and one girl.

"Hey Sunset, why the rush?" the girl smiled. “Yes, it seems that you are running away”

Sunset wanted to get up, but she was knocked down by a punch to the face by one of the boys, a kick to her abdomen by the other young man.

"You are so stupid to think that you could escape from us" said the girl smiling.

"We've wanted to do this for a long time," said one of the boys. "Now that Rainbow and the others have you under control, you're not so tough anymore, huh?"

“How does it feel to be the abused one now?” The girl smiled again.

“Oh! I'll show her how it feels,” the taller boy said, approaching Sunset, taking off his belt and unbuttoning her pants.

Sunset was bleeding and biting her lip from anger. From everything bad, what they were going to do was already the worst, a crime. She heard their laughter, getting closer. Sunset couldn't take it anymore, she was so angry that she closed her eyes, she was furious, she looked at her attackers and her world went black.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An intense light in her eyes is what Sunset felt, she woke up in her bed, even with her pajamas on. Last night's events were as real as other of her nightmares, she got out of bed and went downstairs to the closet. She prepared her clothes to go to school, or hell as she called it now. She went to the bathroom to shower, but when removing her clothes she noticed that all her cuts and bruises had healed. The marks on her thighs and wrists were almost faded. She took a closer look at herself noticing something more alarming, her left eye had a darker tint.

Suddenly she heard the TV turn on, she was scared to see the news channel about three missing students since last night, the same ones that bothered her. This was when Sunset understood everything, what happened last night was not a nightmare, it was real, but as it happened, maybe those guys la-

"Nope. They didn't."

A voice interrupted her thoughts, she was scared she took the bat and pointed everywhere.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you, after all, I wouldn't hurt myself"

She was more confused than scared.

"The mirror" Sunset went to it.

"No... it can be" she backed away.

There, in front of her, her reflection was her, that demon she once was.

"You... it's not possible, they eliminated you" Sunset said disturbed.

“Oh no Sun~ they just sealed me inside you” she smiled.

"What?! No! What-?"

"For being me, you don't know how to listen. Everything will clear up, sit down"

Sunset was undecided, her demon side has come to life, and now she is talking to her, but despite the situation, she decided to listen. She sat in front of the mirror and her demon side copied her actions.

“So… questions?”

"Well, first, how could you possibly be here?" Sunset asked.

"I already told you, the element of harmony sealed me inside you, but this one absorbed the greedy magic within you," she explained.

"I'm not like that, not anymore," Sunset said.

"Oh yes, because your efforts have paid off," she bared her sharp teeth. "And don't come to me with your excuses, I already know them all"

Even Sunset knew there was no point in arguing with herself.

“Then you know the shit I've been through, and yet, you never showed up” Sunset growled.

"I couldn't do it, I can't manifest myself physically, not without a body"

"And last night?" Sunset asked.

“Oh that, that was the trigger for it to come out, your breaking point, if you die, so do I”

"What did you do to those guys?"

"Didn't kill them if that's what you're thinking. I just took them for a ride" the demon laughed. “I think I forgot to pick them up. Are you worried?” she showed her sharp teeth.

"Of course not" Sunset said seriously. "And now that? Are you going to possess me?"

“If so, we wouldn't have that conversation now. No. What I want is for you to stop those pathetic attempts at friends. They're not really your friends."

"I-"

“No Sunset, for them you are a phenomenon, and the rest of the humans have always hated you. They wait for you to make a mistake, and bam! They'll put you to sleep with that ray of friendship."

"But they-"

“They will never trust you, how could they after what you did to them, after ALL of the things before me”

“They are the only thing I have…”

"They are not, and you know it. But, if you have other friends, real ones, who knew you and accepted you,don't be afraid to tell them who you are"”

Sunset was impressed, this demon showed more affection than her supposed friends.

"Is that the only thing you want?" Sunset asked.

"Nope. I want you to let me out once in a while"

"For what?" Sunset asked nervously.

“Because I need to recover, I need to absorb magic to feed myself. I only have a few months to live, what a bad mother you are Sun”

"Will you-?"

"No. I won't kill anyone, I just need a bit of magic to not die. In return I will give you the power to defend yourself, to be in control again"

"I don't plan to be like I was before, if the students don't accept me, fine, but I changed, for me"

"Oh sure~ it's a shame I'll miss those days" smiled the demon.

"Okay, if I let you manifest, feed yourself, will you give me the strength to defend myself from the rest?"

The demon agreed. "Besides you will have some of my powers, absorb magic, detect it, even repair it"

“Okay, it's a deal” Sunset extended her hand. "I'm just telling you, even if you know me, I know you too" she threatened.

“Oh my~! There's still hope for you~ Alright Sun, it's a deal”

The demon took her hand out of the mirror and shook her hand. She released the same type of magic that Sunset had when wearing the crown, and her right eye began to glow brighter. After she returned her arm and looked satisfied.

“The agreement has been sealed”

"Yeah... this whole conversation got too long, I'll be late for school."

"Do you still want to go back?" ask 'D'

"You said you need to feed, Canterlot is the center of all magic, it's where I must stay"

"Then, let everyone see the new you" smiled the demon.

Sunset took a quick shower, but going through her clothes, she found other clothes.

"The new you needs a total makeover" the demon flew into the mirror.

Without protest, Sunset put on the new clothes; Boots very similar to the ones from before, with a different color tone, a black skirt, an orange belt with her cutie mark, a purple blouse, short gloves, a choker necklace, and one of her many leather jackets.

"How do I look?"

" Threatening" she bared her teeth.

Sunset took her backpack, took out her phone and dialed a number, sadly the only contact he had, she waited until the call came through.

“Hello?...Can we meet after class?...ok! I have to tell you a lot of things"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset came to school with her new look, the typical looks of hatred that tried to penetrate her, but she was firm showing her new eyes, such was the impression that many students backed away, others were surprised, only a small group tried to return to mess with her... serious mistake.

"Hey Sunset!" a voice yelled.

Sunset was at her locker putting away her things.

“We have been looking for you, you took a long time to arrive, what happened?” Applejack asked.

"Too bad, you missed today's announcement" Rarity said.

"Announcement?" Sunset asked.

"There will be a musical showcase, everyone is very excited" said Fluttershy.

"As exciting as the fall formal" Pinkie said happily.

They all looked at Sunset uncomfortably, but she closed her locker and walked away from them.

“Sunset wait! We want to know-"

"Know whose turn it is to take care of the devil?"

That comment surprised the group.

"That..." Fluttershy said.

"For your well-being, your friendship services are no longer necessary, go do your things" explained Sunset.

"What are you-?"

"What I'm saying, Applejack, is that I don't want to be with you guys anymore, or try this friendship magic"

"Did you-?"

"Yes Rarity, I heard your conversation yesterday" said Sunset.

"Oh that, we just-"

“Were you taking care of me? Well, if taking care of me means just seeing that I don't cause problems, you’re terrible" Sunset said, annoyed.

The conversation was getting more and more awkward and guilty.

"Look Sunset, it's not what you're thinking, the thing is-"

Rainbow was silenced as Sunset held up her arms, bearing the scars and bruises from her beatings, a product of bullying.

"Consider this the end of this pathetic attempted friendship"

She suddenly heard herself being called from the loudspeaker.

She suddenly heard herself being called from the loudspeaker. “Sunset Shimmer, report to the main entrance” was vice luna.

Without saying more, she adjusted her jacket and left.

“Sunset! Wait!" Rainbow yelled.

But to this one, she did not listen and she continued. Leaving the rest shocked, sad and very guilty. Sunset arrived at the entrance to get the new students.

"Hello, are you the new ones I'm supposed to show around?"

Three girls stepped out of the shadows.

"We are" said the older one, with fluffy orange hair.

Author's Note:

I'M BACK! I'M NOT DEAD!!
84 YEARS HAVE PASSED.. (INSERT MEME HERE) 😆

SERIOUSLY, I WAS A LITTLE LONGER THAN PLANNED WITH THIS STORY, BUT I WANTED IT TO BE AS PERFECT AS POSSIBLE. 😁

YOU COULD SAY THIS IS A RESET TO THIS GREAT UNIVERSE, ALL MY OTHER STORIES UP TO NOW, SO YES, MOST WILL HAVE BIG CHANGES, BUT NOT MUCH TO AFFECT THE STORIES. 🙂
IT IS MY VERSION OF HOW THE EVENTS OF EQUESTRIA GIRLS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED, SINCE RAINBOW ROCK EXACTLY.

ANYWAY~! I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT 😉
WE WILL SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! BYE BYE!! 👋