• ...
1
 66
 1,094

Dream Demon

On the other side of the portal, Sunset returned to the school, a little exhausted.

"This spell always dizzy"

"Have everything?" asked 'D'

"Yes, it's incredible that almost everything was there" said looked inside her backpack"

"By doing this, you will lose the only chance to return to equestria" said 'D'

"I'll take the risk, let's see what has happened since I left" she said entering the building.

Sunset arrived just in time, in the gym, to see the group of Rainbooms trying to stop the dazzlings and failing.

"That's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen," said 'D' laughing.

"Surely, I suppose, without her crown, Twilight is powerless," Sunset said.

The group left the place when the magical drama began, all the students arguing, Sunset could see the dazzlings more directly absorbing the negative magic with their necklaces. She couldn't see any more, because Twilight took her arm and led her away from the area, unaware of the sirens gaze on her. The 7 girls reached to the entrance.

"Sunset, where were you?" Twilight asked.

"Yes! You were supposed to watch out for the sirens!!” Rainbow said angrily.

“I did it, wow, you guys put on a show” Sunset smiled.

"It doesn’t make any sense, I should have been able to créate the spark that would help us break their spell, that’s how it worked before" Twilight said.

"To defeat me you drew magic from the crown i was wearing, they are sirens that use music as drew magic, obviously you have to use the same magic to defeat them" Sunset said.

"You're right, it’s when you play music that you transform now, right?" said Twilight.

“Yep, ears, tails the whole shebang” said Applejack.

“And to counter sirens spell we need a counter musical spell!” said Twilight.

“You mean like a song?” ask Fluttershy

"So let's beat them in the battle of the bands!" Rainbow said.

"With our newest member, Twilight Sparkle" Rarity smiled. Exciting the rest of her friends.

“Yay! slumber party at my house!” Pinkie yelled. Sharing a hug the alicorn princess.

Sunset walked past the area, walking away.

"Sunset, where are you going?" call Twilight.

"It's late, I'm going home"

"Oh, then, we'll see you there I guess" Twilight said.

“Nah, I have other business” Sunset said. "Besides, I don't go to other people's houses"

"What are you talking about? We go to Pinkie's house" Twilight said, confused.

"Exactly" Sunset said.

"I'm confused. What's going on here?" Twilight said looking at her friends. "Girls, why our friend-"

"I'm not" Sunset said coldly.

"What?"

“Oh… I see that your friends from this world haven't told you yey; They and I, are not friends"

"What?! Since when?"

“Exactly today, before you got here” Sunset explained.

"Wha-"

"But sugar cube, I thought everything was fine now" said Applejack.

"You even helped us bring Twilight, wasn't all forgiven?" Rainbow said.

“There's nothing to forgive” Sunset said, cheering the group up. “Because there wasn't even an apology”

That went down like a bucket of ice water for the human girls, her guilt mounting as she noted that they hadn't even apologized for failing Sunset to be her friend.

"I'm leaving now, good luck in the battle, you're really gonna need it" Sunset smiled as she walked away.

"I... I don't understand anything," Twilight said.

"Let's go to Pinkie's house, we'll explain there" Fluttershy said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the students left the gym, some arguing and glaring at each other over the competition. With the dazzlings absorbing what was left of the energy.

"Enough for today, let's go" said Adagio.

The dazzlings were on their way to the parking lot for their camper, until they saw Sunset Shimmer in the distance.

“It's ridiculous that human would cause such much disaster” Aria said.

"And that she spell everyone like zombies" said Sonata.

“The demon of CHS, seriously, hard to believe” Adagio mocked. " Even though, it's interesting how she got the magic from equestria, that brought us here, we should… say a nice hello" she smiled at her sisters.

They got into her car to catch up with Sunset, they followed her into the city, through a building, Sunset turns the corner, followed by the dazzlings. But they stopped abruptly when they didn't see her.

"What a fuck?!" Aria said. "Where she go?"

"There!" Sonata yelled, pointing to the pony girl walking into a vet shop.

"Should we follow her inside?" Aria asked.

"No, you have to watch from afar" said Adagio

Sunset came out with an orange bag, reached inside it and pulled out a human skull, baffling the trio. Then she entered another store, it didn't take long, she came out with another bag, this one was more visible, there were two boxes, one with crickets and the other with worms.

"This human is getting more weirder and weirder" Sonata said, disgusted.

“I just need to see her come out with a dead body at the next store” Aria said.

"Don't let her out of our sight" Adagio said.

"I don't understand why. We already found the magic we need, why do you want her?" Aria asked.

"Because I want to know where the magic came from, we have been in this world for centuries and we have never seen a beam of energy like that" Adagio. "If magic leaked from equestria I want to know how and where"

"What if she turns into a devil?" asked Sonata.

"How ridiculous" Aria laughing.

Sunset no longer entered any more places, she continued with her path, being followed by the sirens, they were about to reach her, but another car crossed her path, Aria braked aggressively.

"Look out idiot!" Aria yelled.

"Shut! Do you want to rat us out?” Adagio said angrily.

"Apparently we're not the only ones following her" Sonata said, pointing again.

"Hey Shimmer!" the driver yelled. "Why you hide?"

"Leave it Gilda, Sunset is now very good for us now" laughed the co-pilot.

“Oh yes, that's right Lighthing, now she is the pure and good Sunset Shimmer. How are your cuts, huh?!” she sneered, imitating a cut with her arm.

Gesture that the dazzlings understood, looking at each other.

"Or your blows?" Lighthing said, cracking hers knuckles.

Sunset stopped like the two girls, she looked at them seriously.

“You talk a lot, Lighthing second place” Sunset said.

The nickname offended and annoying the blonde girl, she leaned against the door pulling Sunset's jacket furiously.

"What did you say Demo-?!"

But Sunset shut her up, covering her mouth with her hand, and pushing her into the driver's seat; Gilda tried to take away, but her partner started spitting crickets out of her mouth. Lighthing in desperation hit the gear lever, at the same time that Gilda pressed the accelerator, giving reverse, where the dazzlings were, copying they move, get away from the area.

“That takes out two plagues in one shot” Sunset said, walking away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The human unicorn enter hers house, a two floor apartment; At the entrance, there was a plant, she approached to the plant and took a rock, under it, had a key embedded. Upon entering, notice that there were some boxes on the floor. As she continue walking at the small livingroom of the apartment, there were only two and small couchs and some and some furniture, at the end was the second floor stairs, and on the other side the kitchen, as she predicted, there was someone in it.

“Hey Shimmy~! finally you arrive"

“Lemon Zest… how did you get into my house?” ask annoyed.

"You should change your hiding place, it's easy to find the keys, by the way, someone missed you" Lemon smiled.

She left the kitchen and went to a cage about 90 cm high, about 40 cm deep, and about 60 cm wide. Out of this came a small ferret running towards Sunset.

"Hi Onix, I missed you too" carried the animal on her shoulder. "Thank you for taking care of him"

"That’s okay, I love doing it, did you go for the stuff?" Lemon ask.

"Yes," Sunset replied, showing her bags.

"Cool! Let's start" going to the second floor, followed by Sunset.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 2 hours, the duo finished building a 30 x 12 x 12-inch tank. Inside was everything Sunset bought; Small rocks, skull head, plants, huge trunk, a house made of a coconut with ladders made of ropes, sand and bowls.

“It looks good” Sunset said.

"Now the most important thing" Lemon said, showing a box with a small gecko inside, handing it to Sunset. Letting the reptile explore in the tank. "Welcome to your temporary home, Ray" Lemon smiled. "You didn't have to give me this Little reptile or anything" she said.

"It's the least I could do, after all, you save me" Sunset said. "When I see your brother I will thank him too"

“I'm afraid he won't be here until next week. He went to a basketball championship. Thanks to you we get along well; But enough about me, tell me, what did you want to talk about? Lemon asked.

Sunset got up from her computer chair, and went to the couch. "Come here, I have a lot to tell you"

Lemon obeyed and listened to her friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wow… so, you're from another world? A unicorn pony? And you have a demon side too?!” she scream pointing to the mirror, there was She-Demon.

“Yes, yes, and yes. That last one is recent” Sunset replied. "I did horrible things, and now I'm getting what I deserve"

"Sunset no, nobody deserves that what you're going through, those stupid students have taken it too far"

"I don't care, I have 'D' now, and she has helped me deal with everything, I won't let them bother me again" Sunset said.

"You mean, you'll go back to doing the old bitch I met before?" lemon laugh.

“No, I have changed for the better, for myself, not for others. But, after everything I told you, do you still want to be my friend?" Sunset asked nervously.

"Of course! Sunset you are my best friend, pony, demon, human, it doesn't matter. I won't abandon you” Lemon said, hugging the pony girl.

Sunset felt great relief, she finally told the truth, and her only friend accepted her nature, she looked at 'D' who had an expression of "I told you" She hugged her friend back, try to hold the tears, after a few minutes, they separated .

“I can't wait for my brother's reaction” Lemon said.

"Yes, but now I want to know what means that message you sent me before, I saw it when I was having lunch" Sunset said.

"Oh! That. I need your help, I was commissioned to take care of someone” Lemon explained.

"Okay..? Who will we take care of? Sunset ask.

“It's a small job, and we'll get paid” Lemon said.

At that moment, the front doorbell rang. Lemon ran downstairs, Sunset followed her, behind the door. There was a man with a bag in his hand, and something in the other arm, Sunset couldn't see what it was, when he left, Lemon showed what It was, a 2-year-old baby in red pajamas.

"A baby? Is this what you meant?" Sunset asked.

“Yeah, his dad said he needs a babysitter, he just got divorced from his wife, it's only going to be for three days” Lemon said.

"Well, in that case, I'll lock Onix up, I don't want he bite him" Sunset said. "What were you cooking by the way?" ask.

“Pasta tenette al pesto~” she smiled

"Elegant" Sunset smiled.

“You will be, it’s your favourite” Lemon said, leaving the baby on the living room rug, playing.

The two girls went to the kitchen to prepare the small dining room, and ate the delicious pasta, later, they cleaned up, until the little boy began to cry.

"Sunset, could you go see what he wants?" Lemon said, washing the dishes.

"Okay" go to the baby. "Let's see little dude, what is-" she interrupted.

Touching the baby's arm, her eyes sparkled, and saw three black shadows, she turned away, in shock.

"What happen?" Lemon asked surprised.

“I…” Sunset said, looking at the still crying baby.

She took the teddy bear and gave it to him, who happily accepted. She noticed that she dropped an amber necklace on the ground, she took it and her eyes sparkled again, now she saw several surreal places, lights, shadows, all seen with distortion, again, the same three shadows. She released the necklace, and plopped down on the sofa.

"Sunset please, what's wrong?" Lemon asked worriedly.

“Rather, what happened to this kid?” Sunset said. "Was it you 'D'?"

"It would have been funny, but no, you discovered one of my powers apparently, you can see memories and events of people"

"What…?" Sunset said.

"More magical stuff, great" Lemon said. "Now what?"

“I need to see those shadows again, it felt like equestria magic, but different” said Sunset.

“Are you going to experiment with this baby? Forget it, we have to take care of him” Lemon said.

“Just let me see a little more, if there is dark magic in this kid, I need to see if I can help him” Sunset said.

"But Sun-"

"Please. If it's not magic, I promise I'll quit” Sunset said.

“Ugh! alright, just a moment, okay?" Lemon said.

"Thank you" Sunset smiled, taking the baby into her arms. "Okay kido, let's see what's happening to you"

Sunset sat on the couch with the baby.

“Keep him busy a bit while, I confirm what I saw” Sunset said.

"Okay" Lemon said.

She began to play with the baby, while Sunset put the necklace around her neck, took her small shoulders and her eyes sparkled again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset opened hers eyes and now she was in a house, in a room of blue and colors, assuming it to be the old baby's room.

Left the room, walking down the hall, hearing various sounds, like murmurs, breaking objects, and some bursts of light. She got to the kitchen and everything was scattered, open cabinets, broken dishes, some food.
She was about to go to the living room, but a twisted shadow appeared in front of her out of nowhere, distorting everything around her, or what she could see.
Sunset walked away and ran to a closet, actually discovering a basement, she heard a murmur of a melody, a feminine voice humming a song.

"Can you see your reflection?"

The white figure of a woman was holding the necklace that the baby was wearing before, took the necklace and disappeared. And in her place a slide appeared, Sunset enter it. Now she appeared in another place, there was nothing, just a strange house.
She went to inside, there were toys and a large door connected to a large pipe.

“Mmm, looks like I need a key,” Sunset said, checking her pockets, but she only had the jewel.

She put the necklace inside and turned the handle to activate the door, and it work, the thing opened it.

“Looks like I'll need another three memories to free this kid from whatever this is, it just has to do with magic,” Sunset said.

Inside was another one of those tubes, so she go in; But when she explored the new area, it seemed like some kind of limbo, it was like a playground, like in some strange jungle or forest. Eventually, had to do certain puzzles and found another place.
A tower, it wasn't difficult to climb, just had to climb until got there. Cross the wooden bridge. Behind the thin curtain, there was another memory. Once again the atmosphere changed.

"Ha ha! Alright then, one more time, but that’s it"

Now was holding a music box, she took it and disappeared again. Sunset opened a path to another bridge, whose timbers were colored, as she passed over them, it sounded like a xylophone. Reach the other side, finding another pipe. And yes, returning to the same place. Get inside the house and repeat the process, now with the music box. Another zone opened up, she was about to cross, but felt a horrible headache.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset blinked and returned to her apartment, she had both objects in her hands, the necklace and the music box. Lemon kept playing with the baby.

"What happened?" she ask.

"I was right, whatever this baby went through, the traumas he had, the magic that was connected to him, whatever happened, it caused nightmares so real that they hurt this child" Sunset explained.

"Actually some things moved here, so now I believe you more" said Lemon.

"What a day... first I find out that my demon side came to life, then a sirens come to my school because of my mistakes, and now, I take care of a traumatized baby, who was formed into three shadows by magic" Sunset said tiredly.

“Tell me about it, I think we both need a break” Lemon said. "Can I stay the night?" ask.

“Yeah, sure” Sunset said. "Let's get this little one ready" she smiled, hugging the baby.

"And tomorrow, we'll get the rest of the demons out of you" Lemon said.

They went to the second floor; As usual when Lemon came over, she would sleep on the couch. They prepared the baby for sleep. They decided that Lemon would watch the baby the first night, while Sunset slept. Soon her friend fell asleep next to the little baby. Sunset was still lying there thinking about how quickly her life changed. She finally fell asleep thinking about the long day she would have tomorrow.

Author's Note:

IT'S EMBARRASSING TO READ THIS AND THINK "YEAH, NEXT EPISODE"...YAY

I'M REALLY SORRY TO HAVE DISAPPEARED, THE TRUTH HAS BEEN THROUGH A BAD EPISODE IN MY LIFE, UNTIL THERE, I WON'T BORING YOU
I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO FINISH THIS STORY, AND I HOPE I CAN STILL FIND PEOPLE WHO LIKE WHAT I DO.

ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.
WE WILL SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, NOW, MORE CURRENT.