• Published 25th Sep 2022
  • 494 Views, 92 Comments

Sparkling Harmony EQG: Agents of SMILE: Young Love - Captain_Cosmos



Summer's over, School's in session, and Sparkler gets hit with the most cliche teenage girl thing of all.

  • ...
4
 92
 494

Episode 6: Gotta Find You

45 Main Street avenue
Heart of Canterlot City
October 5th 2022
1930hrs

“Alright, we’re alone like y’all wanted.” Applejack told Autumn, Lyra, and Bonbon.

“So, mind explaining what happened with you three at the mall?” Rainbow asked.

Autumn, Bonbon, and Lyra all glanced at each other. They were all dreading this talk. It took all of a minute for the Spectacular 7 to deduce that their five friends outside their own group were more than meets the eye. So, while Night-Mare couldn’t stick around and had to get home, the rest agreed to have a talk in Autumn’s apartment. A talk that none of the SMILE agents wanted to have and would much rather use Forget Ma gas.

But since Sparkler was still test driving the new technology and it wasn’t deployed in mass yet…here they were.

Sunset meanwhile had her mind racing. Unlike her friends, she deduced exactly who Autumn, Bonbon, Lyra, and Night-Mare were. Agents of SMILE. I hope it doesn’t come to me. Pinkie promised Sparkler I wouldn’t say anything. She thought.

Finally, Autumn broke the silence. “Before we say anything, you all need to Pinkie promise that you won’t breathe a word of this to anyone outside this room…except for Night-Mare and Sparkler.” She told them.


Canterlot Park
Canterlot City
October 5th, 2022
1930hrs

After dinner at Airwave’s Airwave, Twilight and Sparkler were now walking down a path in Canterlot Park, unbeknownst to Twilight, Sparkler was leading her directly to a bench Rarity texted her where her guitar was. Hopefully no one stole it. Sparkler thought. Normally she would not have done it, but it woulda looked weird if Sparkler had carried the guitar herself, and she chipped her guitar with the most advanced tracking chip SMILE had, so she felt comfortable risking her guitar for one night.

Twilight meanwhile was basking in this moment, none the wiser about what happened at the Mall. As far as she was concerned, she was walking with her date in the park under the clear starry night. She admittedly didn’t know much about romance, but from what information she had, this could certainly be counted as romantic. “This was a great idea you had Sparkler.” She commented. “A moonlight walk in the park after a nice dinner. You got this romance thing down don’t you.” She said.

Sparkler giggled. “I had a few pointers from Rarity. Never been on a date before tonight.” She admitted.

“There wasn’t anyone at your old school that was crushing on you?” Twilight asked.

“Two of my friends from my old school I know for a fact had crushes on me. But the problem was they were boys and I don’t swing that way.” Sparkler said, smiling as she thought of Bradford and Mark. She casually wondered what the old crew was up to back in KiliHima Town.

“Did they know you swung towards girls?” Twilight asked.

“Yep. But you know boys. Sometimes they think they can win over a girl’s heart even if already told no.” Sparkler joked, to which Twilight laughed.

“Well were there any girls that crushed on you?” Twilight asked.

“I think that if I had stayed in town any longer, one of my other friends, a major car nut, might have developed a crush on me just so she can get as much car time as possible.” Sparkler responded, chuckling along with Twilight. “I could tell she was jealous when she saw I had the Sparkmobile.” She commented.

“Your friends from your old school sound interesting.” Twilight said.

“Remind me to introduce you to them when/if they ever come to town. I think you’d like them.” Sparkler said.

“I’ll be sure to do that.” Twilight responded.

The girls fell into a silence as they continued their walk. Twilight glanced up into the night sky after a few minutes. “Hey Sparkler? Ever been stargazing before?” She asked.

Sparkler glanced at Twilight, and glanced up at the sky with her. “My old friends and I did do a little stargazing sometimes as a fun group activity. We’d play a game where we’d see how many constellations each of us can guess right.” She said, reminiscing about the good times she had with her old friends…Oh crud now she was getting a little homesick.

“Sounds fun. I wonder how we’d stack against each other in such a contest.” Twilight mused.

“Only one way to find out. Shame we don’t have a telescope on us right now.” Sparkler said.

“That could be our second date.” Twilight suggested, before she realized what she just said and made a cute little eep while blushing and glancing away from Sparkler.

Sparkler stopped dead in her tracks. Second date? She wants a second date? Sparkler blushed while she glanced at Twilight. “S-Second date?” She asked.

Twilight blushed hard and smiled sheepishly. She did not mean for that to come out loud. She had intended it to be in her mind only. “Uhm…yeah.” She responded, barely loud enough for Sparkler to hear.

Sparkler didn’t know how she managed to NOT squeal joyfully at the fact Twilight wanted this thing to continue. She noticed they were approaching the bench that Rarity told her had her guitar under it, and sure enough, she could see the guitar still under it. This seems like the perfect time to let her hear me play. She thought. “Hey Twi?” She asked. “You said you wanted to hear me play guitar?”

Twilight, still blushing and smiling sheepishly from her admission of her desires for a second date, could only nod. Sparkler smiled in response and took her hand in her own to guide her to sitting on the bench. God she’s so adorable. Sparkler thought as she sat next to Twilight and pulled her guitar out from under the bench.

Twilight finally saw the guitar and couldn’t help but giggle. “Oh, I see. You led us directly to this specific bench because your guitar was already here.” She said. “Am I going to hear a Sparkler original song?” She asked, deducing what was going on.

“Yeah, and yeah…you’re actually the one that inspired it.” Sparkler admitted with a blush as she started strumming. Twilight’s blush became even more noticeable.

I inspired her? Is it…is it actually possible that she likes me back? Twilight asked in her mind. She had feared that maybe Sparkler didn’t return her feelings and this was just a friend date or something…but now it was becoming increasingly likely that Sparkler actually like liked her. She was brought out of her thoughts when Sparkler started to sing.

🎵Every time I think I'm closer to the heart
Of what it means to know just who I am
I think I've finally found a better place to start
But no one ever seems to understand

I need to try to get to where you are
Could it be you're not that far?

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you
I gotta find you
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you

Oh yeah
Yeah, yeah

You're the remedy I'm searching hard to find
To face the puzzle that I see inside
painting all my dreams, the color of your smile
When I find you it will be alright

I need to try to get to where you are
Could it be you're not that far?

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you
I gotta find you
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you

Been feeling lost
Can't find the words to say
Spending all my time stuck in yesterday
Where you are is where I want to be
Oh, next to you and you next to me

Oh, I need to find you

Yeah

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you (I need to find you)
I gotta find you
Yeah, yeah
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you (I gotta find you)

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you (I need to find you)
I gotta find you (I gotta find you)
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you
Yeah, yeah
I gotta find you🎵

Twilight was smiling widely as she listened to Sparkler singing, her head swaying to the beat a little. Sparkler’s voice was that of a literal GODDESS to her. Holy skit show! I’m glad I never got around to watching that video of her on Haytube now—wait why is her necklace glowing? Her attention was momentarily taken by the fact that Sparkker’s necklace was glowing, about halfway through the song, and a few seconds later, Sparkler herself started to glow.

Twilight watched in awe as Sparkler’s appearance changed. She crystalized, and ponied up. While Sparkler didn’t notice and kept on playing and singing, Twilight was captive to the sight before her. She had indeed been given a description of Sparkler’s pony up and crystallization from her friends…but now she knew that description wasn’t enough. The sight before her was unlike anything she had ever seen before. Oh my god she might literally be a goddess! Was one of her first thoughts.

The song continued for another few moments before it came to an end. Sparkler sang the last word and strummed the last note. She opened her eyes to see Twilight staring at her in awe. After a few seconds, she broke the silence that had befallen them. “Like what you heard?” She asked.

That snapped Twilight out of her awe and she smiled widely. “That was AMAZING! And oh my god you look…I can’t even describe it!” She said. “I heard you could Crystalize and pony up but WOW.” She said.

Sparkler blinked, and glanced at herself, she saw that she had crystallized, and more importantly, she saw that she had wings and pony ears, and her hair lengthened. “Huh. Look at that. Guess I did get an upgrade when I moved here.” She commented. She hadn’t crystalized since that one time in the mall so she had wondered if her pony up was permanent. Guess it was.

Twilight blinked. “Huh?” She asked, confused.

Sparkler chuckled nervously. “Right, I owe and explanation don’t I.” She said. “I don’t know how much your friends told you but I Crystalize whenever I feel perfectly in sync with the beat of the song. Not sure why it happens or how I CAN do it…but for whatever reason…I can. As for ponying up…yeah this is only the second time it’s happened since I moved here. And coincidentally this is also the second time I’ve crystalized since I moved here.” Sparkler explained. “Sunset and I have been trying to figure it out but so far we’ve come up with nothing.” She said.

“I think we may have found a clue.” Twilight said. “But we can talk about that later, right now, that was a beautiful song.” She said.

Sparkler smiled and blushed. “Thanks.” She said. “Y-your not the only one who wants a second date.” She admitted. Time for the confession. “You’ve been a good friend to me since we met and I enjoy whenever we get to hang out together…but the last few weeks I’ve come to realize that I started to long for the times we got together. I always hope we’re partnered up for group projects, would also hope you’re there whenever Autumn and I get together with her cousin’s friend group…long story short…as the song suggests, I want you to be a part of my life beyond mere friendship.” Sparkler said. “So…what do you think?” She asked. More nervous than ever.

Twilight nearly lunged forward and pulled Sparkler into a hug, she couldn’t believe she actually did like her! After a few seconds of blushing, and trying to get words out, she answered. “It seems like our individual feelings for each other are mutual after all.” She said.

Sparkler blinked in surprise. Did Twilight just… “Twilight? Are you saying…” she asked, to which Twilight nodded.

“When I first heard of you, I was immediately drawn to you because of the whole crystallization and pony up thing. We didn’t know we weren’t the only ones with magical abilities. And we only got ours last year.” Twilight said. “Things became even more interesting when I started detecting crazy readings from your car.” She explained. “But while I love the mystery surrounding you. I’m drawn to you in other ways as well. You’re smart, kind. I just…I have this desire for us to be a part of each other’s lives in a more intimate relationship than mere friendship…I’m not sure if that’s love or what…but whatever it is, I want to find out, and I want it to be long-term.” She confessed.

Sparkler listened, and she felt her eyes glisten and she smiled. “So, wanna be a thing with me?” She asked.

Twilight smiled as she reached out and took Sparkler’s hands in her own. “Yes. I’d like that very much.” She said.

Well this is the best night of my life. Sparkler thought to herself as she and Twilight fell into a loving hug. Twilight had a tad bit of difficulty since Sparkler’s wings were in the way, but she managed. In that moment, she didn’t care about anything but the fact that she now had a girlfriend. “You know you haven’t reverted back to your normal form.” She commented.

“Yeah it goes away when it wants to.” Sparkler responded with a chuckle.

“Would you judge me if I said I don’t want it to go away?” Twilight asked. “It’s so majestic.”

Sparkler chuckled. “So are you.” She said.


SMILE HQ
Canterlot City
October 5th 2022
1945hrs

Director Derrick was in his office at SMILE HQ when his strange device started beeping. He took it out of its secret compartment and tapped it. “Go.”

“We just detected her powering up again. Looks like the wings and pony ears were a permanent addition.” Said a female voice.

“I was wondering if the magic in this town reacted to her. You gonna reach out to her?” Derrick asked.

“No, not yet anyway. It’s not the time.”

“You’ve been saying that for two years. When WILL it be the time?” Derrick asked.

“It will be the time when it’s the time. And now is not the time.”

Derrick groaned. “She’s not an idiot. Sooner or later, she’s going to find out, if not from you than definitely from her looking into her abilities. Especially now that she’s got some smart friends who know more about the magic around here than she does.” He said.

“Derrick, you agreed to keep her in the dark.”

“I know. I’m just saying that there’s a right way to do it and your time is running out.” Derrick said.

With that, the connection was cut. Derrick shook his head as he put the device back in its compartment. “I give it a year, maximum.” He commented as he got back to work.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

If the song didn't make it click for you here's what this story is.

It's basically the story that pony Bradford WANTED, but didn't get because out interference.

Song belongs to respective owners, the usual spiel

And who was Derrick talking to in the end? Time will tell.

THX FOR READING!