• Published 25th Sep 2022
  • 494 Views, 92 Comments

Sparkling Harmony EQG: Agents of SMILE: Young Love - Captain_Cosmos



Summer's over, School's in session, and Sparkler gets hit with the most cliche teenage girl thing of all.

  • ...
4
 92
 494

Episode 5: Operation TwiSpark

Canterlot Mall
Canterlot City
October 5th, 2022
1725hrs

Suffice to say, Sunset was not having a good evening. She had been coerced into helping Sparkler prepare for her first date with Twilight all afternoon, and now she was sitting in the Mall’s food court, hanging with her friends as they spied on Twilight and Sparkler on their date. “Remind me again why I have to be here?” She asked.

“Because if the date goes south we can all be here to comfort Twilight immediately.” Rarity said.

“I doubt she needs ALL of us.” Sunset countered.

“Aww come on Sunny!” Pinkie said. “There’s still a way for you to have Sparkler.” She said cheerfully.

“Huh?” Fluttershy asked. “What does she mean Sunset?” She asked.

Sunset was about to say nothing, before Pinkie spilled the beans. “Sunset likes Sparkler in the way Sparkler likes Twilight.” She revealed.

“Whoa. Seriously?” Rainbow asked.

Sunset sighed in defeat, it was not her day today. “Yeah. Seriously. I enjoy our gaming sessions and she’s an overall wonderful girl. It irks me that Twilight caught her eye over me…as happy as I am that Twilight is getting that kind of attention at all.” She explained.

“Yeesh.” Rainbow responded, making a sizzling sound. “Rough.”

“Yeah.” Sunset responded. “I just feel this pull towards her. I want to find out how she can crystalize, I want us to stream games together, nerd out at conventions together—“ Sunset stopped when she noticed her 5 friends looking at her, smiling slyly. Sunset pouted and crossed her arms. “Whatever. Shoulda came out to her when I had the chance.” She concluded.

“Cheer up Sunny!” Pinkie said. “There’s always the possibility of Sparkler not being monogamous!” She said.

Before anyone could say anything else, they all heard a familiar voice. “Hey guys. What’s up?” Asked Night-Mare, Twilight’s sister that they hung out with frequently.

“Hey Night-Mare.” Sunset said, glad the conversation could change. “What’s up?” She asked.

“Not much. Just thought I’d come and spy on Twilight’s and Sparkler’s first date.” Night-Mare said honestly.

Oh come on! Sunset inwardly groaned. The subject was still the date. “You might as well join us Night.” Sunset said with an eyeroll. “We’re doing the same.”

Night-Mare raised an eyebrow as she took a seat next to Applejack. “Is something wrong?” She asked, she got the sense not everyone was happy at the table.

“Eh Sunset’s just irked because she likes Sparkler apparently.” Applejack responded.

Night-Mare chuckled. “Really now?” She asked. “Two girls both pining for the same person. Who just happen to be friends themselves. Now where have I seen that before?” She asked jokingly.

“Wait, Night-Mare are you saying that Twilight likes Sparkler?” Rarity asked.

“It certainly sounds like it.” Night-Mare said.

Rarity beamed in excitement. “Perfect! Sparkler and Twilight both like each other. That is the ideal first date scenario!” She squealed.

Great. As if Sunset’s night couldn’t get any worse, now she knew her crush and her best friend liked each other, deciding to leave before she did something she would regret, she got out of her seat. “And with that little piece of information I think I’ll walk around the mall…maybe on the opposite side of it.” She said. “Text me if the date goes south.” She said before leaving.

“But Sunny! You’ll miss spying on—“ Pinkie started, before Fluttershy gave her a glare that said ‘don’t provoke her.’

“Sorry we dragged you along Sunset. You can go home if you want.” Fluttershy said.

“Nah I’ll stick around. Just don’t want to see them being all lovey dovey and risk doing something I’ll regret.” Sunset responded before walking off.

Pinkie deflated as she watched Sunset go. “Aww. But Sunset has a chance tonight to get what she wants. Sparkler could very well be ok with having two lovers.” She said sadly.

“Darling…it’s a bit more complex than that.” Rarity said. “Maybe she just needs some time.”

Applejack nodded, before she caught a glimpse of Sparklr and Twilight coming up the escalator and stepping into the food court. “Speaking of time, it’s time Y’all.” She said.

Everypony at the table saw Sparkler and Twilight, and quickly looked away to not give off the impression that they were spying on them. Rarity was giddy. “Here we go.” She whispered.

Night-Mare nodded. Operation TwiSpark is go. She thought.

At Airwave’s Airwave, Flash Sentry, who was another part timer going to Canterlot High, was at the front playing the host when he saw his friends Sparkler and Twilight enter. He smiled. “Hey there Sparkler, Twilight, tonight’s the night?” He asked, referring to their date, which wasn’t a secret.

Twilight blushed while Sparkler nodded. “Yeah. Reservation should be under Medley.” She told Flash.

Flash glanced down at his guestbook until he saw Sparkler’s name in it. “Yes it is. Medley, table for two at 5:30.” He said as he picked out two menus from the podium. “Right this way.” He said as he led the two to their table.

In another part of the restaurant, Bonbon was sitting at a table with Lyra has her server. They both saw the happy soon-to-be? couple enter. “They look sharp.” Lyra commented.

“Yeah. Shame FOWL is likely to make a move any moment now.” Bonbon responded with a double face palm. “The flip side to that though is that if FOWL makes an appearance and Sparkler has to get involved, whoever FOWL sends might as well just admit themselves to a hospital.” She added, knowing full well that Sparkler would probably send some bad guys to the hospital should they ruin her date. Heavens knew Bonbon would if her date with Lyra were interrupted. As they watched their friends sit down, Bonbon tapped her concealed earpiece. “Flappy. This is Bonbon, do you copy?” She asked.

“I read you Bonbon. What’s up?” Flappy asked.

“Have you heard the chatter about a possible FOWL attack at the mall tonight?” Bonbon asked.

“I have. I’ve gained access to the mall’s security cameras and will raise the alarm at the first sight of suspected FOWL collaborators.” Flappy responded.

“Have you warned Sparkler yet?” Bonbon asked.

“She ordered me not to talk to her about SMILE stuff tonight.” Flappy responded.

“Flappy, she has to know.” Bonbon said.

“Someone else will have to get a message to her then because she’s probably already mad at me for pretending to be just a car radio AI in front of Twilight tonight.” Flappy responded.

“No worries guys.” Autumn cut in. “I got this, just make sure her ultraviolet lenses are working Flappy.” She said.

The connection cut as Autumn walked over to Twilight’s and Sparkker’s table, wearing her best customer service smile. “Hey there guys.” She said cheerfully. “Finally that night eh?” She asked.

Twilight and Sparkler glanced at Autumn and smiled. “Hey there Autumn.” Twilight said.

“Yeah. Tonight’s the night.” Sparkler said.

“Great. I’ll be your waitress this evening.” She said as she whipped out her notebook and pen. “May I start the two of you off with something to drink?” She asked.


Out in another part of the mall, Sunset was leaning against a wall, messaging Princess Twilight from her own world, but her mind kept going back to the food court, knowing that this world’s Sparkler and Twilight were having a fun date presumably. “Figures my best friend would fall for the girl I like who likes my best friend. Gah. Shoulda seen it coming in retrospect. Just look at Pony Sparkler and Pony Twilight.” She commented idly to herself when something caught her eye off her peripheral vision. She looked up and noticed a group of dark dressed people walking, heading towards the food court. Sunset frowned, getting the sense something was up. She quickly wrote a goodbye to Pony Twilight and put her journal away, deciding to sneakily follow the group.


“Here you two are. A nice glass of lemonade and a glass of Iced Tea.” Autumn said as she placed Sparkler’s and Twilight’s drinks on their table. “Have you two decided on menu options?” She asked.

“We’ll have the Starswirl Salad please.” Sparkler said.

“Alright, two StarSwirl Salads coming right up.” Autumn responded as she wrote down their orders and left them to it.

Sparkler smiled as she went to unwrap her straw for her drink, before she saw something that she could clearly tell was written with invisible ink. It was a message her glasses could read.

“Heads up, FOWL agents might make an appearance. Don’t worry. Night-Mare, Bonbon, Lyra and I will handle them.”

FOWL?! Oh for the love of, The whole lot of them can just trot off! At that moment, Sparkler was glad she was a great actress, because she didn’t give off any indications of her annoyance as she unwrapped the straw. If they attack, and I need to get involved, bones will be broken. She thought.

Twilight meanwhile took a sip of her iced tea and let out a satisfied hum. “Mmm. Tasty Iced Tea.” She commented.

“Airwave takes pride in providing quality food and drink.” Sparkler responded. “He really cares about all the work he does.” She said.

“I can see why you’re a fan of him.” Twilight responded. “Myself, I’m more a fan of StarSwirl the bearded. He’s the greatest guitar player to ever live.” She said.

Sparkler chuckled. “I’m glad you agree with that fact. StarSwirl was my main source of material when I was learning how to play guitar.” She said.

“Might have to listen to you play sometime. See if you learned well from his work.” Twilight said.

Oh you’ll definitely hear me play soon. Sparkler thought. She went to say something, before she was cut off by a clearly loud and rude “ahem” followed by a not entirely light jab on the shoulder. “Excuse me, Sparkler, honey, might I trouble you on your break for a moment?” Asked a woman’s voice.

No, no no no no no no not now! Anything but FOWL and this! Sparkler inwardly cried out. She knew the tone all too well. It was a tone that only belonged to the most hated and dreaded breed of patron ever to set food in a restaurant of any kind. A Crazer!

Sparkler took a few seconds to compose herself, temporarily engage her customer service mode, and after a rather impatient second ahem. She turned in her seat to see a lady looking over at her. “Is there something wrong?” She asked.

“It’s nothing too bad.” The Crazer responded. “It’s just our food is taking forever to arrive and I was wondering if you would take a moment to ask about it’s progress?” She asked.

Sparkler was trying her hardest to not tell the woman to shove off as she tried explaining. “Sorry ma’am, not on the clock right now, I’m sure one of the on-duty—“

“But you’re already here. Surely you can spare 30 seconds of your break to help a customer.” The Crazer interrupted Sparkler.

“This is actually my night off. So I can’t actually help—“

“If you’re not working tonight then why are you even here?” The Crazer cut Sparkler off again, as rudely as before.

“Uh, she’s a patron here just like you. Having—“ Twilight began, trying to help when the Crazer cut her off rudely too.

“I don’t remember asking you. Stay out of it you brat.” The Crazer said. To which Twilight shut her mouth and let out a small eep, which really set Sparkler off.

Ok NOW you’ve done it! It took everything Sparkler had not to deck the lady right then and there. Her response was formulated and spoken in record time. “I’m sorry ma’am, but I am off the clock and cannot help you. I’m sure a UNIFORMED member of the wait staff would be happy to help you out. Otherwise, have a good night and leave me and my date out of it!” She semi growled at the crazer, while Twilight blushed at being called Sparkler’s date.

The crazer was going to throw back a retort before she saw the look Sparkler was giving her. It was a nasty look that told her to be quiet. With a very arrogant hmph. The Crazer turned back in her seat and Sparkler did the same. “God I hate those kinds of people.” She commented under her breath. “Sorry bout that Twi.” She said.

“You handled that well.” Twilight observed.

“You don’t work in the fast food industry unless you’re prepared to deal with crap.” Sparkler responded.

“I wouldn’t call it FAST food.” They heard the Crazer comment.

Sparkler took a deep breath to calm herself down and ignored the Crazer. “So other than Daring Do, got any other fandoms you enjoy?” She asked Twilight, letting her know she wanted to change topics.

Meanwhile, outside the restaurant, Night-Mare and the spectacular 7 were looking on intently. “Ooh they are so adorable together!” Rarity excitedly whispered.

“I would comment on how cheap Sparkler is by taking Twilight to a restaurant she works at and thus probably gets an employee discount. But I also know Twilight wouldn’t care about that.” Night-Mare commented.

“I’m sure they’ll go to other restaurants.” Fluttershy said. “Twilight’s favorite restaurant isn’t in the mall after all.”

“And she probably doesn’t know so I’ll let this one slide.” Night-Mare responded. Before her earpiece blazed.

“Warning, suspected FOWL collaborators on approach.” Flappy warned Night-Mare, Lyra, Bonbon and Autumn.

Night-Mare tensed up a tad as she started glancing around, and saw the group of very clearly FOWL agents step into the food court from the escalator. How was it clear? The FOWL patch on the shoulder pads, and there were also a lot of them.

18 FOWL agents…aww crud. She thought. They might actually need Sparkler’s help.

“Night-Mare? Whatcha looking at?” Rainbow asked.

Night-Mare whirled her head around to see Rainbow had noticed her looking. Night-Mare hurriedly came up with a fib. “Oh just noticed a group of people wearing the same jacket. Not everyday you see that.” She said. Crud. Gotta find a way to slip away. She thought. Realizing an important factor. Keeping her secret identity.

Meanwhile, Sunset raced onto the escalator and up it. Crud! They’re gonna grab Sparkler! She thought.

While following the group, Sunset got a mind blip from all of them at once. And suffice to say, she hated it with every fiber of her being. She saw who the people were, who they were affiliated with, and what they were doing at the Mall. Gotta keep them busy until SMILE help arrives.

Quickly coming up with a plan, Sunset stepped into the food court and sprang into action.

The group of FOWL agents stopped in their tracks, and all turned to see Sunset singing and dancing. When she gestured for them to come closer, away from the restaurant, they actually did.

Night-Mare, as well as everyone else at the table, watched on in total shock. “Whoa.” Rainbow said. “What the heck’s up with Sunset?”

Meanwhile, Night-Mare’s mind was racing. Ok, SOMETHING is going on with Sunset. This is totally a distraction intended for the group. Her mind ran through scenarios as she discreetly tapped her earpiece to call for SMILE reinforcements. If Sunset can keep these idiots busy for a few minutes,

In the restaurant while Autumn, Bonbon and Lyra saw what the frack was happening, Twilight and Sparkler were still blissfully unaware that their date came close to being ruined. They continued to talk for a moment, before Twilight felt the urge to go use the lady’s room. “Ahem, um, excuse me for a moment. Need to go.” She said as she got up and walked towards the back restrooms.

With Twilight gone, Sparkler took the chance to look around for FOWL scumbags, and saw Sunset distracting a big group of them outside. She raised an eyebrow. What the frack is she doing? She thought.

“Excuse me miss.” Sparkler heard a guy say from behind her. She turned and saw two hulking guys, with FOWL jackets on.

Sparkler sighed as she facepalmed. “We’re really doing this now.” She commented.

“Shall I do what I can to delay Ms Sparkle until FOWL is out of the way?” Flappy asked her.

“Might as well.” Sparkler responded as she got out of her seat.

Outside in the food court, Sunset was still distracting the FOWL agents with her performance. Hopefully Sparkler called for backup. She thought.

Right then, they all heard a very loud whistling, which stopped everything, even the distraction performance. Followed by a clearly ticked off “Over here idiots.”

Everyone, FOWL, spectacular 7, minus Twilight, and Night-Mare turned to see Sparkler, Autumn, Bonbon and Lyra, and they held two FOWL agents arms twisted behind their backs, and everyone could see that Sparkler was less than pleased.

“So you bunch of pinbrains thought you’d kidnap me on my date. Well, unfortunately for you, I’ve already had to deal with a crazer demanding I work on my day off so I have half a mind to put the lot of you in the hospital.” Sparkler said as she and her friends shoved the FOWL agents they were restraining forward towards the group. “Instead, I’m gonna start counting down, and you have five seconds to either split, or start making reservations for Airwave’s Airwave. Five.”

The Fowl Agents all looked at the unamused look scowl on Sparkker’s face.

“Four.”

Night-Mare and everyone were all staring at Sparkler, unbelieving of what was happening. And Night-Mare was curious as to what the FOWL agents were gonna do.

“Three.”

The FOWL Agents started getting nervous as they started slowly backing away, getting the sense Sparkler was not kidding around.

“Two.”

And just like that, the FOWL agents all turned on their high heels and ran, deciding NOT to be on the receiving end of an irritated teenager on a date.

While her friends, except for Lyra Bonbon and Autumn, stared at Sparkler in shock, Sparkler nodded. “Now, unless there’s anything else, I have somewhere to be.” She said before she turned and walked back into the restaurant. Autumn and Lyra following suit.

Sunset smirked Sparkker’s way as she walked back to her friends’ table. After a moment, Fluttershy broke the silence. “Uh, what the heck just happened?” She asked.

“Yeah.” Pinkie said. “I’m completely lost.”

Sunsrt rolled her eyes and smiled. “Those guys wanted to kidnap Sparkler. They seem to be scared of her though.” She said. “Mind read them.” She explained.

“Ok. That explains YOUR little performance…I think.” Rarity said. “But that doesn’t explain Sparkler, Lyra, Bonbon and Autumn.” She said.

“Yeah…and Night-Mare, you seemed rather tense all of a sudden when that group arrived.” Rainbow said. “Like you knew they were coming, and were scared.” She observed.

All eyes turned to Night-Mare, who silently gulped. “Uh…” She trailed off. Crap! And I haven’t been issued forget me gas yet! Night-Mare realized how much she was cornered and thoroughly lacking options. And glanced at Bonbon, who had moved to stand in the table area so she wasn’t so out of the way. She could see Bonbon was also nervous as all heck.

Back at Airwave’s Airwave, Autumn and Lyra got back to work, while Sparkler sat back down at her table. Luckily, she managed to not only keep damage from happening, but also managed to NOT end up looking like she had a scuffle as she noticed Twilight come back out…and it was clear she had a mishap with the hand dryer as her hair was slightly out of place.

“Sorry Sparkler.” Flappy whispered into her earpiece. “The dryer was the only thing I could hack. And I know girls didn’t like messy hair.”

Sparkle paid it no mind as Twilight sat back down. “Ok, back. Sorry it took a bit Sparkler.” She said. “Hand dryer went haywire for some reason.” She explained.

“Huh. That’s weird.” Sparkler responded as the date continued like nothing ever happened. And as far as Sparkler was concerned, nothing DID happen.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Well...At least the date was better than their counterparts. Heheheh.

Also, can we all just agree that it's a BAD idea to interrupt a girl's date? the Crazer and the Fowl Agents were all lucky Sparkler didn't completely deck them. Lol.

In other news, some people have some explaining to do to some other people. Hehehe.

THX FOR READING!

P.S. This version of Lucky Star belongs to it's respective owners. And if anyone has seen luck, that one scene where Sam causes a distraction is what inspired the scene here. I regret nothing because it was funny.