• Published 25th Sep 2022
  • 493 Views, 92 Comments

Sparkling Harmony EQG: Agents of SMILE: Young Love - Captain_Cosmos



Summer's over, School's in session, and Sparkler gets hit with the most cliche teenage girl thing of all.

  • ...
3
 92
 493

Episode 3: Mission Prep

Sparkle Residence
Outskirts of Canterlot City
October 5th 2022
1600hrs

“Ooh. Today’s the day Night-Mare!” Twilight said to her twin sister as she rummaged through her closet. “Today’s the day that Sparkling Medley and I go out on a date.” She said.

Night-Mare Sparkle, Twilight’s blue-skinned Twin sister, chuckled as she leaned against her bed in their shared room. “Haven’t seen you this excited since you transferred to Canterlot High last year.” She commented. “Sparkler must REALLY be interesting if you willfully threw out your plan to read and study all weekend to get ready for this date.” She joked.

Twilight blushed. She would be the first to admit she was indeed excited for this. “She said she’d tell me how she managed to DIY upgrade her car’s sound system. She thinks that’s what’s lighting up all my scanners this past month.” She said.

“I’ve never heard of a sound system that could give off crazy readings.” Night-Mare commented. “Whatever she did to it must’ve been good.”

“Maybe she’ll even let me take a more in-depth look at the car. As well as her herself. You heard the news right?” Twilight asked.

“That she can Crystalize and Pony Up, yeah. I think I heard it 10 times already in this house.” Night-Mare responded.

“Yeah. It’s just so fascinating. As far as any of us can tell she doesn’t have a Geode, so logically she SHOULDN’T be able to harness magic, and yet, she can…somehow to some extent.” Twilight explained. “Oh I wish I was there to see it the last time she did transform, she must’ve looked so majestic.”

“Twilight.” Night Mare said. “It sounds to me like you’ve got a crush on her.” She stated.

Twilight blushed like mad at that. “W-what makes you say that?” She asked.

“You always are excited when you two get paired up for a group project, you always hope, out loud, that Sparkker is there whenever your friend group gets together. And this.” Night Mare responded as she held up her phone with a recording app and hit the play button.

Twilight was then treated to a recording of her own voice, clearly at night. “Mmm. Let’s study that pendant Sparky. Maybe that’s the source of your ability…”

Night-Mare stopped the recording. “This is just ONE example of the multiple things I’ve heard at night.” She said, trying not to laugh. “Oh, and back to the group projects, you also always insist that you and Sparkler work on the projects at her place, or ANYWHERE else but here, like you’re trying to hide her from us. All that together makes it seem like you have a serious crush.” She said, snickering a little. “Also there’s the fact you call her Sparky. Cute little nickname.” She added.

Twilight pouted…before sighing. “I just don’t know Nighty, there’s a mystery surrounding her and I do like a mystery. But…I just feel this pull towards her. I have this desire for us to be a part of each other’s lives in a deeper way than mere friendship.” She said. “What would you say that is?” She asked.

“I’d say that’s full blown love.” Said an adult woman’s voice. Twilight and Night-Mare turned to see their sister in law, Cadence, leaning against the doorframe.

Night-Mare and Twilight smiled. “Cadence! Hi!” Twilight said.

“Hey Cadence. How’s it going?” Night-Mare asked.

“It’s going great Night-Mare.” Cadence responded as she turned her focus to Twilight. “A little birdie told me you have a date this evening.” She said.

“Yeah.” Twilight admitted, blushing. “With the new girl at Canterlot High, Sparkling Medley.”

“Is she that one girl in the video that was singing and she crystalized and ponied up?” Cadence asked.

“Yep.” Night-Mare responded. “That’s her.”

Cadence smiled and nudged Twilight playfully. “I see you have good taste Twily.” She said.

Twilight blushed harder. “Come on guys. I’m already nervous.” She said.

“Ah you know we’re just teasing you Twily. It’s great that you have eyes for someone.” Night-Mare said. “I was starting to worry that you’d fall for a book, or heck, even Spike.” She joked.

Spike, Twilight’s talking dog, laughed. “Me and Twilight together?” He asked. “You’d have to have an insane mind to even write that down in a fanfic.” He said.

Night-Mare and Cadence chuckled along with him while Twilight pouted again. “Why do I ever tell you guys anything?” She asked.

“What? Were you not gonna tell us you were getting married until the day of or something?” Night-Mare asked jokingly.

Twilight buried her face in her pillow to hide her embarrassment. “This is why I haven’t invited Sparkler over you know.” She commented.

Cadence chuckled as she sat next to her on the bed. “Aww lighten up Twilight. We really are happy that you’re going on a date. It’s exciting.” She said.

Twilight sighed. “Ugh, I just…I’ve never been on a date before? What if something goes wrong? What if she stands me up? What if our date is ruined by a prank?” She asked a lot of what ifs.

“Well, if she hurts you in any way she’ll be dealing with your siblings.” Night-Mare commented.

“As for the date being a prank. I don’t believe anyone would be so cruel.” Cadence said.

“I just…I want this to go perfect.” Twilight said.

“And so long as you have fun it will.” Cadence said.

Twilight looked to her smiling sisters, before smiling herself. “I hope it is fun.” She said.


Canterlot Boutique
Canterlot City
October 5th 2022
1645hrs

“Here Sparkler! Try these on!” Rarity told Sparkler as she shoved a shinier blue bow and jacket into her hands.

Sparkler managed to catch the two articles of clothing and couldn’t help but chuckle. “Sparkly jacket and Bow?” She asked.

“Yes darling.” Rarity responded as she pushed Sparkler into a change booth in her store, the Canterlot Boutique. “This is your first date with Twilight and you must look your best!” She explained. She turned to Sunset. “Sunset, Autumn confirmed their reservation at Airwave’s Airwave right?” She asked.

Sunset chuckled and checked her phone, seeing a text from Autumn. “Yeah. Autumn says they’re all good.” She said.

Rarity beamed in delight. It was the day of Twilight’s and Sparkler’s first date and Rarity had taken it upon herself to make sure the date would go perfectly. “Perfect.” She said.

Sunset chuckled and rolled her eyes. While the curtain to the changing room opened and Sparkler stepped out, wearing the shinier bow and jacket. “How do I look?” She asked.

“You look FABULOUS! Doesn’t she look fabulous Sunset?!” Rarity squealed.

Sunset got one look at Sparkler and a light, probably unnoticeable blush appeared on her cheeks. “Y-yeah. You look good Sparks.” She said.

Sparkler smiled and glanced at herself in a mirror. “Hm. I’ll admit, not bad.” She said. “Could use the jacket and bow for fancier occasions like school picture day.” She commented.

“Precisely!” Rarity responded. “Now, you know how the night will go?” She asked.

“The plan is to take her to dinner, then take her for a walk in the park to a very specific bench, where I’ll pull out my guitar from under it and sing her a song I wrote myself.” Sparkler explained her plan. “That’s how I’m HOPING the night will go, with the end result being me and Twilight hooking up. But I’m also preparing for everything to go horribly horribly wrong. I heard what happened on my counterpart’s first date.” She added.

“Ugh. The nerve of those mules.” She commented. “But don’t worry darling. You have the benefit of having people in place to ensure it goes perfectly.” She assured Sparkler. “Now, is your guitar in your car?” She asked.

“Yeah. It’s—“ Sparkler checked her watch and frowned. “Crud, it’s gonna be real right to stop at the park on the way and get my guitar under the bench.” She commented.

“Or you could give us your guitar and WE’LL get it into position!” Rarity suggested. “Did you have a specific bench in mind in the park?” She asked.

“Not really. It wouldn’t be the nearest one but somewhere in the middle of the park.” Sparkler said.

“Alright, Sunset and I will select the bench and get the guitar under it.” Rarity said. “You just focus on Twilight.” She said.

Sparkler glanced at Rarity and Sunset, before nodding. “Alright. Sure.” She said.

“Great.” Sunset said. “Let’s do the transfer and you can get going.” She said.

Sparkler nodded. They walked out to their cars and Sparkler gave Sunset her guitar. “I would appreciate it if you didn’t get a scratch on this if possible.” She said.

“Don’t worry Sparks. I know how to handle a guitar.” Sunset responded.

“Have a good time Sparkler!” Rarity told Sparkler.

“Yeah. Thanks.” Sparkler responded as she got into her car and drove off.

Rarity nodded. “Right! Come on Sunset!” She said.

“Yeah. Yeah let’s get this over with.” Sunset said with mild enthusiasm as she got into the driver’s seat of Rarity’s car.

“Something wrong darling?” Rarity asked.

“Nah, nothing’s wrong. I’m really excited that Sparkler is pursuing a crush on a girl that might reject her Vs a girl who WOULDN’T reject her.” Sunset responded. Clearly irritated.

Rarity raised an eyebrow and glanced at Sunset. “Sunset what’s wrong?” She asked, mildly sternly.

“I like Sparkler ok?” Sunset revealed. “She’s smart, she’s breathtaking, she’s a gamer, she’s overall a wonderful girl to be around and as happy as I am that Twilight is getting attention, because lord knows she could use it after her time at Crystal Prep, it irks me that Sparkler fell for her rather than me.” She explained.

Rarity blinked in shock, before crossing her arms and smirking. “Sunset Shimmer. I think you’re jealous.” She suggested.

“Not even going to argue with you there. Yeah. I am jealous.” Sunset said.

Rarity chuckled. “How long?” She asked.

“Two weeks.” Sunset responded. “That’s how long I’ve had a crush on Sparkler.” She said as she started explaining what happened for these feelings of hers to develop, through their regular hangouts for gaming and researching what the flip was going on with Sparkler and Crystalizing.

Sparkler meanwhile turned onto Twilight’s address street and took a deep breath as she approached Twilight’s house. “This is it.” She commented.

“Operation TwiSpark is a go.” Flappy commented from her car dashboard.

“TwiSpark?” Sparkler asked.

“Twilight and Sparkler. Your names combined. It sounds great.” Flappy said.

Sparkle rolled her eyes. “And that is the last out of you until Twilight’s home again.” She said, reminding Flappy that she did not want to hear a word from her secret agent self tonight.

“Acknowledged.” Flappy responded.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

So on one hand, Operation TwiSpark is a go.

On another hand, Sunset likes Sparkler? Ooh quite the conundrum. What will end up happening?

THX FOR READING!