• Published 14th Sep 2022
  • 1,183 Views, 125 Comments

Discord's Patchwork Adventure - Comicizzum



Discord is cursed due to a cruel misunderstanding while an ancient evil force teams up with Tirek to ultimately ruin Equestria.

  • ...
1
 125
 1,183

Ally

After promising to be on their guard, everypony separated to their assigned destinations via portals set up by Discord. As he had to snap them out of existence, he and Fluttershy were the last to leave. His cute little pegasus was saying goodbye to her tiny demon bunny in the chaotic living room. Angel was giving Discord the stink-eye over her shoulder, clearly saying that he’d better keep her safe or else.

“She’ll be perfectly fine with me, rabbit,” he said before shaking a digit, “and remember my earlier warning; watch where you put those teeth.”

“Oh, he’s going to be on his best behavior while we’re gone,” Fluttershy promised, “Aren’t you, Angel?”

The rabbit reluctantly nodded with a grumpy frown on his white face.

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy, we’ll make sure he stays out of trouble,” Shining Armor promised.

Discord looked at him and the two other stallions, Flash and Sunburst. Flurry Heart was nestled happily in her father’s arms, sucking on her hoof.

“I’ve stocked your rooms with anything you might need while we’re away - including a small kitchen space. Please don’t wander. There are so many rooms in my house that even I forget what I have in here. I’d hate to learn you’d accidentally traveled to another dimension while we’re away.”

“You have other dimensions here?” Sunburst asked with interest.

“The entrance to at least two that I can think of,” Discord admitted, “But I’d rather you not go where no pony has gone before. It might take me a long time to find you, if you do.”

“We’ll stay in our rooms," Flash promised.

“Are you two coming or what?” Cordy asked, poking his head back through the only remaining portal.

“That’s our cue,” Discord muttered. “Gentlemen, little lady, adieu.”

They waved goodbye as he scooped Fluttershy ("Squeak!") into his arms and rolled like a wheel through the portal. With a snap of his tail tuft, it closed behind them. Righting himself, he kissed Fluttershy's forehead before setting her down.

"Um, Discord, in the future, please don't roll with me in your arms without warning," she said, fixing her mane.

"Sorry," he sincerely said, scuffing the dirt with his hoof. "Should that go under the ‘Scary Things” category?"

"When done without warning, yes," she said with a nod.

Discord yanked a scroll from his ear and pulled a quill from his mouth. "I'll add it to the list."

After a few scribbles, he shoved the scroll back through his ear and ate the quill.

"I take it that's where we're going?" said Cordy, pointing towards the changelings’ large pointy hive.

Discord’s eyebrows rose in surprise. The last time he’d stood on this cliff ledge the ravine had been nothing but rock and dirt. Now it was covered in grass and clumps of bushes and trees. The whole place was sprinkled with flowers. Even the hive had changed, the swiss cheese holes leaking with outpourings of plants and moss.

“Amazing what a change in management will do,” Discord muttered before summoning a flying pig.

“Um…?” Fluttershy began but Discord shook his head and ordered the pig forward.

It flew over the edge and kept on flying until he magicked it away.

“What was that about?” Fluttershy asked.

“The last time I was here, the changelings had a magical throne that sucked up all magic,” he explained. “The cage and collar Tirek used to capture me had the remains of that throne mixed into the metal. I was curious to see if Thorax had replaced the old one with similar security.”

“Doesn’t look like it,” Cordy commented.

Discord snapped and the four of them reappeared just outside the hive. The Fluttershys looked mildly startled but quickly settled once seeing where they were. Cordy, unsurprisingly, wasn’t fazed.

“I would snap us directly to the throne room,” said Discord, “but, unlike Crissy, I actually respect Thorax.”

“Um, Discord?” Fluttershy whimpered, pointing over his shoulder.

Discord turned around and found a large swarm of changelings hovering over them with bared teeth and angry spears shoved in his face. The squadron wore armor and helmets, their sudden appearance rather annoying to the Chaos Lord; obviously they’d been disguised as various plants when they teleported into their midst.

“Not one move, draconequus,” the leader stated.

Discord frowned and folded his arms, wrapping his tail around Fluttershy’s waist and pulling her protectively to his side.

“You know, I was expecting something but not this,” he said, rather miffed. “And here I thought I’d be welcome.”

“Clearly not,” Cordy muttered, holding his own Fluttershy in his arms.

The leader turned to one of the soldiers. “Go and inform His Majesty that we have hostiles.”

The changeling saluted before flying off.

“What do you p-plan on doing with us?” Fluttershy asked, shaking beside Discord.

“For now we will take you to a cell,” the leader stated.

Discord scoffed. “Like any cell could hold me.”

“Or me,” Cordy said, stepping forward, his paw at the ready. “What say you to a bit of sport, old bean?”

“Don’t!” Mirror Fluttershy said, placing her forehooves over his paw. “We don’t want to provoke them.”

“Yeah,” Fluttershy agreed. “We need them to trust us, remember?”

“What I don’t understand is why they don’t already!” Discord complained. “Don’t they see we’re the good guys?”

“Obviously, appearances can be deceiving,” said the changeling leader, brandishing his own spear. "Now start walking!”

The Discords kept their Fluttershys close as they were forced into the hive, the Chaos Lord fuming the whole time.

What was Thorax playing at? After saving Equestria together he thought the bug his friend. But, from this not so welcome greeting, the feeling wasn't mutual. Discord didn't want to admit how much it stung to know Thorax didn't hold him in the same regard. Not that he was going to let anypony or changeling see his hurt; anger was easier to hide behind and it was more intimidating.

They reached the cells and reluctantly stepped inside, the changelings slamming the gate closed and locking them in.

“Your magic still work?” Cordy asked out of the side of his mouth.

Discord discreetly snapped his tail tuft and made his beard wiggle on its own. “Yep. Yours?”

He too snapped his tail and made the butterflies on Mirror Fluttershy’s flank flutter twice. “Looks like it.”

Discord looked down at his pegasus. “You know I could easily snap us to wherever Thorax is.”

“I know,” she said, gently laying a hoof on his leg, “But I think we should wait and see what exactly is going on. There has to be a reason they threw us in here.”

They waited for almost an hour before there was a sound of approaching hooves. The Discords quickly stepped protectively in front of their mares as a changeling appeared, his chitin a very dark blue mixed with a hint of red. What surprised Discord most were the red horns sticking out of his head. They looked just like the ones Thorax had, only smaller.

“Who are you?” Discord demanded, eyeing the bug up and down.

“Pharynx, Captain of the King’s Royal Guard,” he answered. “My brother is prepared to see you but if you try anything, anything at all, we won’t hesitate to send you back to whatever hole you crawled out of.”

“Friendly chap, isn’t he?” Cordy muttered as the cell door opened and the four of them were escorted by another armed guard through the hive.

The throne room was built upon the remains of the old one. The changelings hadn’t bothered to cover it with a new roof, exposing the area to a clear blue sky. Discord briefly wondered what they did when it rained. Like the rest of the hive, the open space was decorated in scatterings of moss and vines. Thorax’s throne itself was carved out of a rather squat and sturdy-looking tree, tall branches covered in leaves making up the back rest while the trunk seat was surrounded by vines. Thorax sat on his throne, looking at Discord in a way he never had before.

“The prisoners, Your Majesty,” Pharynx declared, stepping forward and off to the side.

Discord scowled at the bug king, folding his arms defiantly. “Mind telling me why Fluttershy and I were arrested the moment we came to call, Thorax?”

Thorax studied him intently. “I had to see for myself if the rumors were true.”

“What rumors?” asked Fluttershy, poking out from around Discord’s protective stance.

“The ones concerning whether or not you’d been changed like the princesses to do King Tirek’s evil bidding,” he answered.

“And what’s your verdict?” Discord asked, raising a fluffy eyebrow.

“Well, according to Cipher, the last we heard Fluttershy had been captured and changed into a beast,” Thorax said, indicating one of his changeling guards.

“That is correct, Your Majesty,” said a light blue changeling with red eyes, staring at Fluttershy distrustfully.

Discord's other eyebrow joined the first in delighted surprise before a grin spread across his face. “A spy in Canterlot? My, my, Thorax; I didn’t know you had it in you.”

“I usually don’t,” he admitted. “I had business with Princess Celestia the day Tirek attacked. I and my changeling guard managed to slip away as ponies in the confusion from the battle. At Pharynx's insistence, I’ve been sending in spies ever since to get updates on Canterlot’s fate.”

“And you think Fluttershy has been changed like the others,” Discord concluded.

“Not anymore,” he stated. “The arrest was a test to see whether or not you would fight your way to get to me. But you didn’t use magic against any of us.”

“I had half a mind to,” Discord honestly replied. “The only thing stopping me was Fluttershy.”

Thorax smiled at the small yellow pegasus. “I’m glad you did. It would have been harder to know if you were truly you or not. How did you escape Tirek and the princesses, Fluttershy?”

The yellow pegasus looked up at Discord in admiration. “It was Discord, actually. He saved us.”

“I went to rescue her but got into a bit of trouble and became a beast myself,” he elaborated. “Tirek pitted us against each other but one finds a way to protect that which is most precious to them.” He rested his eagle talons on Fluttershy’s head.

“And I helped return Fluttershy and his sorry self to safety,” Cordy put in.

Thorax blinked, studying the disguised Count. “A copy of yours?” he asked.

Discord shook his head. “Another dimension, actually.”

“Discord Delancy, Count of Chaos,” Cordy introduced with a minimal amount of flare. “And this is my Fluttershy.”

“Um, nice to meet you both,” Thorax said, nodding to them. “I’m sorry for throwing you in a cell. I had to be sure.”

“I think you made the right call,” Discord complimented. “You, out of everycreature, know that appearances are not always what they seem to be.”

“I truly am glad you and Fluttershy are safe, Discord,” Thorax said with an honest smile before a heavy frown replaced it. “But I have to ask, where were you when Tirek originally attacked? I would have thought you’d solve this problem the moment it happened with that magic of yours.”

“Long story short, I was detained against my will by another power,” Discord sighed. “But now we’re here to ask you and the changelings for help. Twilight has been freed from Tirek’s control and is amassing an army of Equestria’s allies. We are acting on her behalf, asking if you would lend your assistance.”

Thorax’s jaw dropped. “Princess Twilight is okay?”

“My friends and I restored her to normal,” Mirror Fluttershy said with a reassuring smile.

“But not the others?”

“We could only ponynap Twilight,” Discord answered. “And, let’s be honest, out of the four, she’s the most capable of freeing the others and defeating Tirek.”

“You’ve got a point,” Thorax muttered, understanding yet still disappointed. His friendship with Cadence and Shining Armor was common knowledge; naturally, he would wish to see her free as well. However, accepting things as they were, he straightened his shoulders and looked at his Captain of the Guard. “Pharynx, do you think we could help?”

“First ask them about the letter,” he said, holding out a rather classy looking envelope.

“Right,” Thorax said, handing it to Discord. “You wouldn’t happen to know anything about this, would you?”

Discord summoned a pair of round reading glasses and pulled an official invitation to Canterlot from the envelope signed by a supposed Princess Celestia; a Royal Summit invitation. Anypony would believe it to be what it was given the seal and fancy writing.

“A trap,” Discord stated, confirming Thorax and Pharynx suspicions.

“We figured as much but we wondered if you had any further information behind it,” said the Captain.

“From what Twilight told us, it’s a means to lure all of Equestria’s allies into the same room so Tirek can do to them what he did to the princesses.”

“That’s horrible!” Thorax cried. “Ember is on this list. We have to warn her!”

The king flared his wings and prepared to take off. Discord snapped his fingers, taking them away.

“Hey!”

“Discord!” Fluttershy reprimanded.

“I’ll give them back,” he assured before addressing the rather miffed bug. “Before you fly away unnecessarily to the Dragon Lands, you might want to know that the ponies are already on it.”

“Give me back my wings!” Thorax demanded angrily.

Discord snapped again, restoring the transparent appendages.

“Thank you,” the king muttered, fluttering them a few times to make sure they were safe and whole. “Now, what’s this about the ponies?”

“My friends and I have split into smaller groups,” Fluttershy explained, quickly stepping forward since the changeling guards looked like they were about to attack Discord for his action against their king. “We’re going to each ally to warn them of the danger as well as ask for help reclaiming Canterlot.”

“Which brings us back to what I said before,” muttered Discord. “So, Thorax, will you help us or not?”

Thorax frowned. “I want to,” he said after a moment, “but I don’t know if my army is sufficiently prepared for any kind of battle. Pharynx has been hard at work rebuilding the military; we didn’t have one until after he changed and that wasn’t too long ago.”

“But you’ve all been through plenty of hostile takeovers under Chrysalis,” Discord countered.

“Chrysalis worked mostly through subterfuge and sabotage,” Pharynx said. “She wouldn’t send the entire hive into battle unless she’d already felt victory was achieved. We’ve never entered a battle completely upfront before.”

“I understand your hesitancy,” Discord sighed, looking up at the sky and offhandedly adding, “I suppose poor Spike will have to be rescued some other way.”

Thorax’s head whipped up and his whole demeanor changed. “Spike?”

Cordy, catching onto what Discord was doing, rubbed his talons against his chest. “Yes, sad business that. Poor fellow was merely in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

“What happened to him?” Thorax demanded. “Tell me!”

“When Twilight was evil, she sent him off to Tirek,” Fluttershy said, her ears pinned down against her skull. While the lamentation in her voice was genuine, Discord couldn’t help but inwardly cheer; her sorrow was sure to spur Thorax into action. “Tirek changed him into a huge monster,” she continued. “He’s one of the beasts that guards the city.”

“Shame too,” Discord sighed. “If a battle is sure to commence, he’s on the front lines. Who knows what might happen to him if his friends don’t make sure he is merely knocked out instead of accidentally-”

“Alright! Alright!” Thorax shouted, leaping down from his throne. “We’ll help!”

“But Thorax-” Pharynx began.

Thorax cut him off. “No, Pharynx! Spike was my first friend. He gave me a chance. In a way, you could say he’s responsible for the transformation of the entire changeling race. We have a duty to help him!” He turned to Discord, his eyes slightly narrowed. “Don’t think I don’t know manipulation when I see it, Discord.”

Discord grinned unashamedly. “I haven’t the slightest idea what you’re talking about.”

The king’s hard expression relaxed and he sighed, releasing a weak chuckle. “Thank you,” he said sincerely.

Discord blinked. “For what?”

“For reminding me of the importance of friendship. I can’t guarantee a large number of soldiers but I’ll lend my best.”

“Are you sure?” Fluttershy asked, clearly feeling guilty for playing a part in Discord’s manipulation. “We don’t want to cause any trouble for your people.”

“I’ve been whipping these losers into shape for weeks," Pharynx stated. "It’ll be good to throw them into real danger. And we won’t be leaving the hive completely defenseless. Besides, our assistance will help if you need to infiltrate the castle undetected.”

“We’d appreciate any help you can give,” Fluttershy said sincerely. “Thank you so much, Thorax, Pharynx.”

“No problem,” the king said. “But what do you think we should do about the Summit?”

“That’s the day we’re planning on storming the palace,” said Discord. “Answer and tell them you’re coming, just to throw them off. They wouldn’t suspect an attack from you if you do.”

Thorax nodded. “Alright. I’ll send Cipher back in and he can stay there to keep us informed of the enemy’s movements.”

“Good plan,” said Cordy.

“Right, now that that business is settled, how would you like to join us for lunch?” asked Thorax eagerly. “Since we don’t need to feed off love anymore, we’ve been trying all sorts of things.”

“Good thing too, or the love coming off these four would be enough to feed the whole hive,” Pharynx chuckled.

Discord and Fluttershy blushed while Cordy and Mirror Fluttershy shared a happy grin.

Thorax laughed before looking slyly at his draconequus friend and motioning to Fluttershy. “Recent development?”

“Very,” Discord answered evasively. “For Fluttershy and myself anyway. Those two have been together for a year. But I think I speak for both Flutters and myself when I say keep your green changeling nose out of our business.”

Thorax laughed. “Fair enough. But don’t be surprised if others make a comment about it. I haven’t felt love that strong since I lived in the Crystal Empire and Shining Armor and Cadence were having-”

“Thank you but I really think I’ve heard enough!” Discord interrupted, positively mortified. Honestly, he was doing everypony a favor by interrupting; nopony needed to hear any more about that.

Pharynx and Thorax laughed before the latter said, “Come on; the dining room is this way.”

The two changelings led them towards a staircase descending into the floor.

“You know,” said Fluttershy as they walked down the stairs into the hive, “I’ve always wondered, before you changed, did changelings feed off creatures when they were having sex?”

“FLUTTERSHY?!” Discord cried, absolutely startled by her nonchalance on the subject.

“What?” she said with a raised eyebrow. “I’m not ignorant, Discord. I’ve probably seen more animals mating than any other pony alive. It’s natural but I also know it’s a time when love is very potent in the air.”

“Springtime,” Pharynx sighed in memory, “Now those were the days.”

“To answer your question,” Thorax said, a light blush on his face, “we’d usually wait until right after; that’s when love is the strongest.”

“I see,” she said as the group wandered down a cheese grater hallway. “That makes sense.”

Cordy gave a hearty laugh before nudging Discord in the side. “Not as innocent as you thought, huh?”

Discord stared at Fluttershy in a new light. “Apparently,” he muttered with a wide, approving grin.

She’d surprised him; again. That would explain last night’s events.

While indeed shy, she’d contributed some remarkable skills during their makeout session. If Discord wasn’t so firm in his resolve to marry her before consummating their relationship he would have taken her then and there; given permission, of course. He’d never do anything to hurt or abuse Fluttershy in any way. He respected her more than any creature; living, dead, or eternal.

Feeling his eyes on her, Fluttershy looked over her shoulder and smiled before flicking her tail so it rubbed against his leg.

Discord’s face instantly darkened and his eyes widened. Was she toying with him?

Fluttershy’s flank sashayed more than usual as she continued following Thorax with Mirror Fluttershy at her side.

She was. She totally was!

“Two can play at that game,” he muttered, removing his eagle arm. He took aim and let it fly. The talons quickly but gently ran up Fluttershy’s spine and the pony’s whole body shivered as a gasp escaped her throat.

“Something wrong?” Mirror Fluttershy asked as Thorax and Pharynx stopped to look back at her in concern.

Fluttershy’s face was on fire as she shook her head and hid behind her mane. “N-Nothing. I’m fine.”

When the others looked away she glared at Discord, an unspoken promise of punishment shining within her delightful teal depths. Discord’s heart leapt with excitement as he grinned, making a show of screwing his arm back in place. He waved his talons at her.

“You’re an embarrassment, you know that,” Cordy complained as the group moved forward.

“Give me a break, Delancy,” he muttered with an unashamed grin. “I’ve never truly loved anything besides chaos. This is new and exciting.”

Cordy sighed before permitting a small chuckle. “I suppose I can forgive you. I probably acted just as brazen and lovestruck with Flutterbunny when we started dating. Just, try to keep your limbs to yourself?”

“No promises,” Discord muttered, admiring the view directly in front of him. “Those pony curves sure are something else.”

“I prefer human,” Cordy muttered. “Two sets of curves; more my style. But Flutterbunny is rather attractive in this form too.”

“Admit it; we’re a pair of hopeless fools,” Discord quietly laughed.

“Oh, no doubt,” Cordy agreed.

They walked through several large holey walls, the openings displaying colorful collections of plants or changelings participating in activities ranging from theater to swing dance. The grim, decently chaotic hive had greatly changed since last Discord had sneaked through it; Chrysalis would be utterly appalled! The thought brought a smile to his face.

The twists and turns of the halls were soon accompanied by the sweet and sour aroma of food up ahead; the combination was delightful and Discord’s mouth began to water. They were paces away from their destination when a rather surprised voice cried, “Professor Fluttershy?!”

Fluttershy gasped as a very excited blue and red changeling practically body slammed her in a hug. “Ocellus?” she said in disbelief before hugging the changeling. “What are you doing here? Why aren’t you in school?”

“Mayor Mare sent us all home,” Ocellus revealed with an unhappy frown. “When news reached Ponyville of King Tirek’s reign, she thought it wise to send all students home, especially those of us from different kingdoms. When I heard about Headmare Twilight and you I was so scared! How are you here?”

Fluttershy waved a hoof towards Discord. The young changeling gasped. Discord prepared himself for the usual terror that came from the sight of him. He was therefore quite baffled when the changeling didn’t whimper in fright but happily squealed with stars in her eyes.

“Are you Discord?” she asked, her wings buzzing with barely concealed excitement. “The Discord?”

Discord blinked. “Yeees…?”

Ocellus’ wing speed picked up as she squeed again with delight. “We were studying about you in Headmare Twilight’s Magical History class two weeks ago. Your magic is fascinating! Can you really make cotton candy clouds with chocolate milk rain? Did you actually take over Equestria twice? What did it feel like being stuck in stone? Did Professor Fluttershy really reform you? Can you truly rip the very fabric of reality?” She saw the other Discord and Fluttershy and gasped further. “Are these the copies that I’ve heard you like to make? Can you make a copy of me? Is there a limit to your magic? Are you stronger than Princess Celestia?”

Discord was completely flummoxed by this parade of questions. In all the history of Equestria he’d never experienced an actual fanfilly before. The whole scene was foreign to him and he actually felt a little embarrassed. How was he supposed to handle this?

He looked to Fluttershy for guidance and found her positively beaming at Ocellus, her teal eyes sparkling with amusement and joy.

“Ocellus,” Thorax interrupted, finally ceasing the filly’s unending questions, “Shouldn’t you be in class?”

Ocellus’s excitement morphed into sheepishness as she let out a nervous laugh and scuffed the ground. “Um, yes?”

Thorax frowned and the small one hastily tried to explain herself.

“We were changing classrooms when I heard Professor Fluttershy was here and that she’s okay. I wanted to see her.”

Thorax sighed. “While I understand and appreciate the respect you have for your teacher, you really shouldn’t be skipping class.”

“He’s right, Ocellus,” Fluttershy gently admonished before wrapping the changeling in a hug. “But it was really nice to see you.”

“You too, professor,” she said with a happy smile. “Are the others okay?”

“Yes,” Fluttershy assured.

“Even Headmare Twilight?”

“Yes. We’re here to ask for your people’s help in freeing the other princesses.”

Ocellus turned to Thorax. “And are we?”

“We are,” Thorax reluctantly admitted.

“How can I help?”

“You’re not getting involved!” Pharynx stated.

“But-”

“No, Ocellus,” Thorax said in a tone Discord had never heard from him before; honestly the assertiveness was rather refreshing. The king stepped closer to the slightly cowed child and gently lifted her head. “I need you here, where it’s safe. You’re not a regular changeling; you are an important link in possibly uniting the other kingdoms in friendship.”

The young one sighed in defeat, her wings and ears drooping. “Okay.”

“Go back to class, please,” Thorax ordered.

She nodded but paused. She looked up at Discord and hastily said, “It was really nice to meet you, Mr. Discord. You really are amazing! Bye, professor.”

Fluttershy giggled and waved. “Bye.”

Before Discord could say anything more, the small changeling had flown off.

“Well, look at that,” said Cordy, leaning against Discord’s shoulder. “A fan.”

“Yeah,” Discord muttered, still feeling completely off-kilter.

Cordy laughed at his bewilderment, slapping him on the back. “Must be nice.”

“I’m sorry about Ocellus,” Thorax apologized as they entered the dining area. “She’s been rather upset since her forced separation from her friends.”

“No need to apologize,” Discord assured. “She’s a nice filly.”

“She really is,” Fluttershy agreed. “And it was nice to see her again.”

“I had no idea that she was so fond of you, Discord,” Thorax said as he grabbed a lunch tray and started loading it down with some kind of pasta.

“Nor I,” Fluttershy giggled. “You’ll have to come to the school sometime.”

Discord looked at her before looking away, slightly scuffing his hoof. “I’d…really like that.”

Though it had never been brought up before, he was rather sore that nopony, Fluttershy included, had invited him to the School of Friendship. It had been open for a while now too. He’d thought, had hoped, that the girls would invite him to at least the grand opening but they hadn’t. His hurt must have been plain on his face because Fluttershy was suddenly touching his paw.

“Discord?” she questioned, her large eyes looking up at him. “Are you okay?”

He quickly pulled his paw back and folded his arms. “Come to think of it, no, I’m not,” he said, turning away from her.

“Oh.”

Fluttershy looked down at her hooves, her expression sad. Discord hated seeing her frown but this was something he’d been wanting to talk about for a while. He’d avoided it long enough anyway.

“Do you two… need a moment?” Cordy asked, sensing the obvious tension rising between them.

“We’ll be back in a bit,” Discord grumbled, snapping his fingers and vanishing himself and Fluttershy away from the hive.

“Discord!” Fluttershy cried reproachfully when they reappeared in the middle of the ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters. It was technically his castle now, the building being on his land. She glared up at him. “What are we doing here?”

Discord immediately turned away from her and snapped his fingers again. The throne room they were in instantly rebuilt itself, the broken roof rising into a single, attached piece, the walls displaying beautiful stained glass depictions of fully animated chaos. Discord’s throne, the one he’d been in when still a villain, reappeared at the top of a lovely checkerboard dais, the tiles being pink and blue beneath his mismatched feet. Instead of climbing the dais and ascending to his throne, he walked over to a window scene of Sweet Apple Acres covered in snow and ice; a reminder of the day his life truly changed. He stared at the glass image of four skates on the frozen lake and sighed, his back still to Fluttershy.

The soft sound of her hoofsteps drew closer until her delicate hoof reached up and took his paw.

“Talk to me,” she invited, her voice soft and gentle.

Discord closed his eyes and heaved a heavy sigh. “You know that I have difficulties sharing my feelings."

“Yes,” she said, gently squeezing his paw, “and you know that I am more than okay with giving you space if that’s what you need. But something tells me that space isn’t what you need right now.”

He sighed again and finally faced her. “You’re right,” he admitted. “I guess I just don’t know where to start.”

“Wherever you feel you need to,” she politely encouraged.

He looked away, twisting his tail between his hands. “You might not like what I have to say. I don’t think right now is the time to be getting into a fight.”

Fluttershy flew up and delicately took his head in her hooves. “Discord,” she muttered, her teal orbs filled with love and a longing to understand, “You brought us here. Clearly there’s something bothering you. Tell me. Please.”

He frowned and gently moved her hooves away. “Alright. Fine.” He turned his back to her and started to pace; if he kept staring into those eyes he’d never be able to truly express what it was he was feeling. After several rounds of going back and forth he threw up his paw and claw.

“I’m hurt!” he snarled, releasing the anger that had been growing within his chest for weeks. “Twilight opens a School of Friendship and invites creatures from all over Equestria to attend, stating that it’s a place where all can come together, where every creature can feel welcomed and accepted. But guess who didn’t get an invitation? Guess who wasn’t included in the ‘I can’t run a School of Friendship without my best friends’ speech? Even Starlight Glimmer, who hasn’t even known all of you as long as I have, was included in that statement! I get that all of you are the heroes. I understand that you’re a group. But, after everything, I thought it was obvious how much I… how I wish that I…”

He turned away from her again, unwilling to show his watery eyes. “I felt left out,” he quietly confessed. “I still feel left out.” He finally looked back at her. “You didn’t invite me.”

Fluttershy looked absolutely horrified, her mouth hidden behind her hooves. “Oh, Discord,” she muttered, flying over and immediately wrapping her hooves and wings around him. “I’m so sorry!” she cried. “I didn’t mean to exclude you. There was just so much going on when the school was founded and I was so overwhelmed being a teacher; I didn’t even think- oh, I’m a terrible marefriend!”

Discord, while grateful to see her genuine regret, also felt guilty for putting it there in the first place. “I’m sorry,” he muttered.

She pulled back. “What in Equestria do you need to be sorry for? I’m the one who messed up. I’m the one who-who neglected you!”

“You didn’t know,” Discord comforted, holding her to his chest. “I didn’t exactly say anything to anypony either. I have a rather difficult time expressing sappy emotions. You’re honestly the only pony that I’ve ever fully let my guard down around.”

“Well, on behalf of the others, I want to say sorry for excluding you,” Fluttershy said, her eyes set in an adorable determination. “What happened wasn’t okay and I will talk to Twilight about it.”

“You really don’t have to,” Discord muttered.

“Yes, I do,” she said. “Discord, your journey is one of the greatest examples of the power of friendship in our history! Did you see the way Ocellus reacted around you? I think she was fascinated to learn about another creature besides changelings choosing to accept friendship into their life instead of continuing villainous pursuits. I’m proud of how far you’ve come and I think all of us would benefit from having you around the students.”

Discord’s cheeks darkened a bit and he looked away, unable to hide a rather pleased grin. “You’re just saying that to butter me up, aren’t you?”

“Not at all!” she said fiercely. “Discord, please come to the school with me the next time class is in session. I want to introduce my greatest friend to my students and let them see what the power of friendship has done for us.”

Discord glanced back at her and smiled. “I think I’d like that.” Before tacking on, “But I don’t think it would be appropriate to make out on the desk with the teacher in front of the class.”

Fluttershy’s cheeks darkened but, instead of reacting as he expected, she leaned forward and winked. “We could always find a broom closet.”

A gleeful laugh burst out of Discord as he snuggled her into his chest. “My little pony, have I ever told you how much I love how you can surprise me?”

She giggled, nuzzling his chest fur. “No, but I’m glad that I can.”

He lifted her up and kissed her. She sighed happily, wrapping her hooves around his neck, applying more pressure to deepen the kiss. Discord’s talons slipped into her silky mane. Feeling bold, he opened his mouth so his tongue could slither across her lips. A moan escaped as Fluttershy eagerly opened her mouth, allowing his tongue to begin dancing with hers. Her wings and tail wrapped around his body, her stomach rubbing up against his neck and chest. Discord’s ears wiggled and his wings flapped from the contact. His tail started moving, the tuft slowly sliding up her leg. Fluttershy gasped before practically crushing herself against him, obviously enjoying the sensations he was sparking within her. He, himself, was just as aroused. His tail was getting dangerously close to areas it shouldn’t be. He should really stop but he found he didn’t really want to. His lion paw started to slip down her back and Fluttershy finally pulled away.

“Discord,” she panted, torn between need and rationality.

He sighed before reluctantly forcing his tail away from her thigh. He gently grabbed her under her forelegs and held her at arms length.

“You’re being terribly unfair,” he pouted, “Forcing me to think responsibly.”

She smiled sadly, tucking her wings against her body. “While I loved every minute, now isn’t the time. We need to get back.”

He sighed, gently placing her back on the ground. “I know. I know. But when this is over, I’m bringing you back here to finish what we started.”

Fluttershy giggled. “I’d like that. By the way, I like what you’ve done with the place.”

“Thank you,” Discord smiled, giving the throne room a once-over. “I might make a few changes but I wanted our little chat to be private instead of open for anypony to hear.”

Fluttershy rubbed her nose against his paw before kissing it. “Thank you for telling me. I’m sorry we hurt your feelings; that I hurt your feelings.”

Discord smiled down at her, lightly rubbing her cheek with the pad of his paw. “I forgive you, Flutters.”

She smiled up at him. “I love you, Dissy.”

He booped her nose. “I love you too, Shyfly.”

“Shall we go back?”

“I think so. That strange pasta Thorax was about to sample looked like it would go nicely with a healthy dollop of ice cream.”

Fluttershy giggled as he scooped her into his arms and snapped his tail tuft. They reappeared in chairs next to Mirror Fluttershy and Cordy with Thorax and Pharynx sitting across from them.

“Everything in order?” Cordy asked, unfazed by their sudden appearance.

“Fine, fine,” Discord muttered, stretching his arm abnormally over the room to snag a plate full of pasta for himself and a salad for Fluttershy. She thanked him and he rubbed her head before conjuring a tub of cotton candy flavored ice cream and scooping an unhealthy amount onto his pasta. “What did we miss?”

“Nothing much,” Cordy answered, enjoying a salad. He’d tossed miniature chocolate chips, anchovies, and BBQ sauce amidst the leafy greens.

“I see you have similar unique tastes as your friend,” Pharynx muttered, eyeing Discord’s pasta with a slightly wrinkled nose.

“Spirits of Chaos and Disharmony, remember?” Discord said, sprinkling taco seasoning over his ice cream.

“We were just discussing Princess Twilight’s plan,” Mirror Fluttershy said, completely undaunted by Discord and her boyfriend’s food choices.

“Oh, goodie,” Discord said, savoring the chaos exploding in his mouth. “How far did you get?”

“We were about to give them a map to Starlight’s village,” Cordy said, magicking one up and handing it to Thorax.

“Thank you,” the king muttered, unfurling it so both he and Pharynx could see the chart.

“As you can see, the best way for you to travel undetected is to take the sea,” Discord said, pointing out the route. “The hippogriffs will be traveling that direction as well. Twilight estimates their landing to be Baltimare since it’s the most direct train route to Canterlot. It also just so happens to be closest to Starlight’s old village.”

“But we’ve never traveled that route to Canterlot before,” Pharynx pointed out. “We’ve usually gone through New Horseleans to get to the nearest train station. Besides, Princess Celestia’s invitation already spoke of an envoy meeting us there three days before the Summit.”

“Oh dear,” Fluttershy muttered, concerned. “Do you think the others will have envoys as well?”

“I’m sure they will,” Discord grumbled.

“Who do you think they’ll send?”

“Someone under his control, obviously,” Cordy sighed.

“You don’t think it would be the princesses,” said Mirror Fluttershy worriedly.

Discord shook his head. “They’re his strongest defense; Tirek wouldn’t spread them out across Equestria. Besides, he doesn’t want anycreature knowing that the princesses have turned evil until it’s too late.”

“Oh, right,” she muttered, pulling anxiously on her hair with her hooves.

Cordy kissed the top of her head. “It was a good thought, Flutterbunny,” he assured.

“Regardless of who is being sent, we need a plan,” Pharynx stated.

“Well, I’d say to do what changelings do best,” said Discord with a happy grin. “Deceive them.”

“You mean send one of our troops disguised as myself?” Thorax asked, not liking the idea at all.

“You’d be able to travel a different route unopposed,” said Cordy.

“While your soldier and his entourage are taken to the palace,” finished Discord.

“I don’t like it,” Thorax said immediately. “It puts one of my own in danger.”

“I’ll do it,” Pharynx said.

“What?” Thorax cried, rounding on him. “No!”

“I know you better than anyone in this hive,” Pharynx argued. “I can pass as you- even if I loathe the idea of playing the part of a pushover.”

“Hey!”

“Then it’s settled,” Discord said happily. “Pharynx will pretend to be you and travel with the envoy and a small armed guard towards the palace while you lead the rest of your troops through another route. Might I suggest chaos travel? We could get you there in two snaps, tops.”

“Now hang on a minute!” Thorax cried, standing up. “I’m not comfortable with this! Pharynx, you could get hurt.”

“Brother, listen to me,” Pharynx said, taking his shoulders, “I’d rather Tirek’s dark magic change me than you. Besides, I don’t think it’ll come to that. You’re going to be attacking the palace the same day we’re supposed to have this Summit. Nothing is going to happen to me. I’ll be fine. If anything, I can act as an additional spy. I’ll be there a whole day before the Summit is supposed to start. I can sneak around and find out just how big Tirek’s army is.”

“That is a very helpful thought,” Discord mused. “As a changeling, you can shift your appearance to remain undetected.”

“And I’m one of the best shifters we have,” Pharynx said with pride.

“It’s true,” Thorax sighed. “Chrysalis sent you out on scouting missions more than any other changeling in the hive. Alright; I may not like it but it makes sense sending you in. But if there is even a hint of trouble, I want you to get out of there, understand?”

Pharynx nodded, an eager smile on his face. “I’ll go and make selections on who will accompany me as well as who will be in the King’s guard. With me unable to stay by your side, I want the best troops looking after you.”

“And you might want to leave some other changeling in charge while you’re away,” said Discord.

“You know, in case something dreadful happens and we fail and the changelings need a new leader,” Cordy added with an impish grin.

Mirror Fluttershy smacked his chest. He merely chuckled.

“I really don’t hope it comes to that,” said Thorax, “but it’s not a bad idea. We’ll get on that.”

“Discord?”

“Yes, Fluttershy?”

The yellow pegasus sat in her seat, frowning. “Shouldn’t we warn the others to look out for possible envoys? We don’t want any of them being discovered.”

“You’re right,” Discord said before quickly snapping his fingers. Nothing visible happened. “There, they’ve all been warned. Good thinking, my dear.” He ruffled her hair, eliciting a happy smile.

Pharynx stood up and stretched his wings. “It looks like I’ve got quite a bit of work cut out for me the next couple of days. What are the four of you going to do between now and the time we’re supposed to head off to Canterlot?”

“I think it might be best to have Thorax and his army relocate to Starlight’s old village as quickly as possible,” Discord said. “The more time we have to meet up with other allies and strategize the better.”

“Alright then,” Pharynx muttered. “I’ll organize the King’s Guard and the troops and have them ready in two days. Is that satisfactory?”

“Yes, I think so,” Thorax said while Discord nodded.

“Then I take my leave,” he said, nodding to Thorax before heading out of the cafeteria.

The bug king turned to them and smiled. “Would you all like to stay here in the hive? We’ve never actually had guests overnight before but I know of several empty rooms we could set up for you.”

“That would be lovely,” Fluttershy said with a smile and a nod.

“Great!” Thorax sent Discord a sly smile. “How many rooms should I have prepared?”

Discord scowled. “Four, you prying parasite.”

Thorax laughed and stood up. “I’ll make sure things are ready.”

“Thank you, Thorax,” said Fluttershy while Discord grumbled about nosy bugs not minding their own business.

“My pleasure,” the king said, chuckling merrily as he left the cafeteria.