• Published 14th Sep 2022
  • 1,183 Views, 125 Comments

Discord's Patchwork Adventure - Comicizzum



Discord is cursed due to a cruel misunderstanding while an ancient evil force teams up with Tirek to ultimately ruin Equestria.

  • ...
1
 125
 1,183

Misunderstanding

In a particular little corner of Equestria there resided a town, Hope Hollow, recently restored from a magical imbalance through the efforts of Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy.

Since then the town was fairly welcoming to visitors, eager to share their renewed loving spirit with those who ventured their way. But one particular creature currently walking around the square had caused some distress, mostly because his reputation was quite atrocious and his past was one to fear. His presence left the locals uneasy as to what he may or may not do to their humble abode.

Discord, the Lord of Chaos, ignored their agitated state, eyeing various shop windows with a critical eye. He was here for one reason and one reason only: to find the required materials to make the perfect Hearth's Warming gift for his dear friend Fluttershy. His nerves were particularly on edge concerning this trip because this gift would make or break his relationship with the timid yet wonderful pegasus. One might wonder why?

Well, by helping Big Mac and Sugar Belle on Hearts and Hooves Day, Discord had unintentionally admitted that not only did love exist but it was actually something he approved and -surprisingly- longed for. This epiphany opened the floodgates to discovering a magnificent yet terrifying truth: he was in love with his best friend, Fluttershy.

The mere thought of the lover of all things nature and animals caused his heart to melt and his tail to wag. As he walked down the cobblestones, his mind created an image of his heart's desire. Her flawless buttercream coat, her cotton-candy-pink mane and tail, her gorgeous teal eyes; physical perfection in every way. But that was not why Discord had fallen in love with her. True, she was a beauty among her kind but it was her friendship that chiseled through his stony heart and managed to find the piece that was still beating underneath.

Her letters, their tea parties, her forgiveness after the Tirek and Treehugger incidents; all had been stepping stones on the road to unintended romance. The greatest two, however, where when she’d been kidnapped by the changelings and when she had rescued him from literally fading out of existence in his own dimension just a few months ago.

Discord could still remember the anger and fear he'd felt knowing she'd been ponynapped. In all honesty at first his original intent had been to completely raze the changeling hive to the ground and utterly incinerate its occupants. Lucky for the changelings his magic was temporarily rendered useless, preventing total annihilation. Even now Discord could recall the blissful joy and relief of having his best friend back, safely tucked away in the crook of his arm.

But greater still was the relief both of them felt of him not fading away.

That had been the catalyst to his epiphany. Fluttershy -darling, sweet, Fluttershy- not only knew something was wrong that day but also did not approve of his attempt to embrace normalcy. She even abhorred it! Delving into a cloak of her own adorable chaos, she ended up saving his life. Now she not only approved but defended most of his chaotic tendencies.

Discord sighed, his heart swelling further within him. Sweet chaos, how he loved that mare!

And so he had decided to take the plunge and confess his feelings this upcoming Hearth’s Warming. But he needed the perfect gift to do it, hence his presence here.

A sudden clearing of somepony's throat forced him from his thoughts and Discord turned around. Two bushy white eyebrows couldn't help rising at the sight of a pony he hadn't seen in over a millennia.

"Why, if it isn't Starswirl the Bearded,” he said with surprise and disdain. Celestia and Luna’s old teacher had never really liked him and always made a point of showing it. Like now. “I heard of your miraculous return from the land of limbo."

"Yes, and I’ve been spending it learning what has occurred in my absence," the old pony said with an angry scowl. "You took over Equestria the moment you knew my friends and I were gone."

Discord folded his arms and shrugged. "Well, you know the best time to conquer is when a kingdom loses its greatest defense."

"Yes," Starswirl said with narrowed eyes, "Unfortunately for you, I'm not going to allow that to happen again."

Discord frowned. "What are you talking about?"

Starswirl took a step closer. "I don't know how you escaped from your stone prison nor do I know what you are doing here but whatever evil plan you're concocting it ends here. NOW!"

Discord was suddenly hit from behind by an immobility spell. He began countering it immediately but grew distracted as Starswirl's horn lit, solidifying him in place. The other Pillars materialized out of nowhere, each taking up a defensive position. Their stereotypical hero stance would have been hilarious if he wasn't preoccupied trying to free himself.

"We must act quickly!"

Discord freed his eagle arm but before he could snap his talons the Pillars hit him with a powerful curse.

His body suddenly started shrinking, his limbs snapping to his sides, growing stiff yet soft. His eyes froze in place, turning hard, flat, and shiny, staring straight ahead against his will. His mouth was forced shut, sewn together in a straight line, preventing any indication of his inner panicked screams. His body fell, limp and useless on the ground, the curse sealing and locking in place.

It was like being trapped in stone all over again except this time he could see; well, everything straight ahead and in his immediate periphery, that is. If he could breathe, his chest would be heaving. He listened as several sets of hooves drew close.

"He's a doll," said Flash Magnus, confirming what Discord suspected. "I thought you were going to return him to stone."

Release me at once! Discord demanded, unheard.

"Stone has already proven an incapable prison," said Starswirl, looking down at the doll. "This prison is ten times stronger."

"How so?" asked Rockhoof, skepticism clear on his face.

"Because the curse over the transformation can only be broken by true love's admission and kiss," said Silvermane.

Somnambula grinned. "That is brilliant."

"Are you sure that'll be enough to hold him though," asked Mage Meadowbrook.

Starswirl smirked. "There are three different spells layered on top of him; the last being a love spell, a form of harmony. Discord cannot break out of such magic. He's trapped for good. Nopony could ever love a monster."

Discord didn't want to admit how much that comment preyed on his insecurities. If he could talk, he would have retaliated with a snarl.

"You could have placed that curse on him as a statue though," Flash Magnus pointed out.

"Yes," Starswirl agreed, "but one thing Discord took great pleasure in was toying with ponies. He did whatever he wanted to them. I find this poetic justice, letting him know what it feels like to be a foal's plaything."

"That's… rather harsh, don't you think?" Meadowbrook argued.

"Double M, he would have done the same to us," Flash argued back. "I say this is deserved."

"So what happens now?" asked Silvermane.

Starswirl looked down at Discord, his expression smug and triumphant. "We take him somewhere he'll fit in. Toys belong with toys, after all."

Flash smirked. "I saw a carnival a few towns over. He’ll fit in perfectly with the cheap prizes. I can fly him there no problem."

“That does seem fitting,” Starswirl approved with a smile. “Goodbye, Discord.”

If I had the ability to use my magic, I would turn all of you into turnips and leave you to shrivel up in the desert!

How could these ignorant idiots not know he’d been reformed? Had they just read some book about his take over and escape and automatically assumed he was still a vengeful god intent on finishing what he started? Had Celestia and Luna not explained to the old geezer that he was on their side now? The injustice of this gross misunderstanding was fueling the chaotic tendencies he used to happily give in to in the past. But he knew, deep down, he was more scared than angry.

This prison was worse than stone because there was the very real possibility that Starswirl was right. Yes, he loved Fluttershy but did she love him? He knew she loved him as a friend but that wouldn’t be enough to break the curse. She would have to openly admit her romantic feelings before kissing him in order for it to break. That in itself seemed impossible, given how shy and private his lovely little canary horse was. Then there was the distinct possibility that he was never going to see her again. Ponyville was far away from here and the only reason Fluttershy would venture this far from the comforts of her cottage would be if the Cutie Map called her on a friendship quest.

Like I could ever get that lucky.

His eternal doom as an infernal stuffed animal was becoming very real.

How he wished he could at least see the ground so he could determine which direction Flash Magnus was flying! But the stupid pegasus had him squished against his chest so the only thing he could see was his dark yellow fur. Discord internally screamed in his grasp, cursing every single one of the Pillars, hiding his fear within his rage.

The wind against his back eventually decreased, the only indication of descent, as the sounds of a carnival reached his ears. Flash Magnus finally pulled him away from his chest and held him up.

“I hope you learn something from all of this, Discord,” he said. “Ponies don’t like being played with. Let’s see how you like it.”

If I could even snap my tail, I’d turn you into a chew toy and feed you to an orthros!

Magnus flew over to a carnival booth and quickly shoved the draconequus into a bin of prizes. With a flit of his wing in farewell, the Pillar took off, leaving Discord to his terrifying fate.


Elsewhere, in the depths of Tartarus, a sinister darkness lurked within the shadows.

The entity had spent years seeking the right host, somecreature with enough anger and hurt in its heart to fuel it for eternity and accomplish its dark purpose. Its journey had brought it here, answering the enmity of a particular being sitting in a cage placed far away from the other inhabitants in the forsaken prison.

“Lord Tirek,” the darkness whispered.

The red centaur perked up and glanced around, his yellow eyes narrowing suspiciously. “Who’s there?”

“I see your anger and your thirst for revenge,” it whispered. “I can make your longings a reality.”

Tirek stood up, his eyes searching the area fruitlessly. “As fascinating as that sounds, I refuse to make deals with beings I cannot see.”

The darkness slithered out of the shadows, its corporeal form shifting into many different creatures in the weak light.

“What are you?” Tirek asked, taking a wary step back.

A dark smile appeared under a pair of glowing yellow eyes. “I am the opposite of light, the creation of nightmare and despair, and I can grant you unfathomable power.”

Tirek raised an eyebrow. “I’m listening.”

“With my help, you will not only be able to absorb the magic of others but have the power to transform and enslave creatures to your every whim. You will plague this world in eternal night! Your vengeance shall be satisfied and all who oppose you shall fail. All I ask is that you destroy the Elements of Harmony.”

Tirek frowned, his eyes filling with doubt. “I’m not so sure that’s possible.”

“I will show you how.”

An eager smirk began lifting the villain’s face and the darkness inwardly chuckled, knowing it had won.

“Do we have an accord?” it asked, extending a shadowy hoof, currently in the shape of a pony.

After a moment of deliberation Tirek reached his hand through the bars and clasped it. The black shadow immediately latched onto the centaur, slithering up his arm until it reached his neck. Like the maw of a dragon, it swallowed Tirek within its power. The centaur screamed, his painful shriek echoing off the wall until it transformed into an evil prolonged cackle. The cage exploded and Tirek stepped out, his form and muscles just as large and intimidating as they had been before absorbing all of the alicorn magic in Equestria. The dark power swirling inside was incredible, its whisper providing exact details of where to find the Elements and how to destroy them.

Another sinister laugh escaped his lips as he made for the doors of Tartarus. The other creatures whimpered and cowered in the farthest corner of their cages, desperate to avoid the evil now emanating from their former cellmate. Cerberus bound forward and planted himself in front of the exit, determined to do his duty, his three heads barking madly at the escapee.

Tirek faced him, unafraid. “You will be a great asset to my cause.”

Lifting his hand, he concentrated and the darkness shot from his fingertips, wrapping Cerberus in a black fog. Within the mist the dog whimpered, its body and heads altering from those of a bulldog to a monstrous hellhound, its six eyes a menacing red as its lips pulled back in three separate snarls. It growled and snapped at Tirek until the centaur commanded it to be still. The dog’s ears flattened and it sat back, watching its new master. Tirek laughed in triumph, breaking apart the doors and revealing the unsuspecting world of Equestria to his view. He turned to look at the other prisoners.

“I’ll be back for you,” he promised, his eyes flashing ominously. The creatures whimpered and cried. Tirek grinned, relishing their fear. “Cerberus, make sure none of them escape.”

The dog growled in affirmation, planting itself near the exit. The centaur’s smile widened, his horrifying grin the last thing the prisoners saw before he closed the doors. After taking a deep breath and relishing his freedom, he started walking out into the night.

It was time to destroy a Tree.

Author's Note:

Welcome to this crazy idea of mine. Feedback is greatly appreciated and encouraged.
Cover Art drawn by me, colored in by my sister