• Published 10th Jun 2023
  • 749 Views, 19 Comments

Sunny’s Day Off - Badguy400

  • ...
63
 19
 749

Chapter Five: Sunny’s Playful Day

It is morning in the Crystal Brighthouse, and everypony is still asleep. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, and the clouds are drifting by. Overall it seems peaceful! For now anyways… .


“Mmm… . W-whats that noise???” Posey said while waking up. “And… . Why does something feel like something’s moving… ? And… . Why’s it warm… ?” Having woke up a bit more, she soon figured out why… unfortunately. “Oh no… “ Posey said as the feeling got a bit stronger, before finally stopping. Posey then heard what sounded like a sigh of relief; signifying that her worst fears have been realized… . Feeling like she’s gonna hurl, Posey covered her mouth with puffy cheeks, and ran downstairs to the bathroom; much to Sunny’s amusement as she began laughing and kicking her hooves in delight.

After Posey’s little sickness, she then went out of the bathroom, and wiped her mouth, mainly because there was a bit of water left since she was rinsing her mouth due to the barf that was left over… . She then soon saw Sunny holding Hitch’s hoof; all smiles, and not caring about anything else in the world. Getting a bit frustrated, Posey stomped towards her, and then said with a angry huff and puff, “if you think that I’m just gonna let you do that to me again, then you’re gonna get it! Got it!” Sunny just laughed and gave her a hug, much to Posey’s resistance. Eventually thought she relented, and returned Sunny’s hug. Afterwards Posey gestured for the ponies that it’s time to eat, and left with them to go to the dining room.


The ponies are all in the Brighthouse living room doing their own separate things! Sunny is laughing while Zipp is making funny faces at her. Izzy and Pipp are making a flower bouquet for a special occasion. And Hitch and Posey are discussing on how to tackle the problem with things being stolen, and or disappearing in the town.

“You think I’m silly Sunny? I know you’re silly too.” Zipp then made another funny face. Sunny laughed, and then stuck her tongue out in a teasing fashion. With that in mind, Zipp replied; “aw now you’re getting it.” And then started tickling Sunny’s belly, causing her to laugh and kick her backhooves.

“So is this okay?” Izzy asked as she’s showing a flower to Pipp, since she’s thinking of placing it into the bouquet. Pipp nodded in response, and then replied with; “it’ll do for now. No worries!” Izzy then nodded, gave salute, then responded with; “aye aye captain!” Before placing the flower she was holding into the center of the bouquet.

“So are you sure this is gonna help?” Posey asked as she’s unsure of whether this contraption would scare ways any potential thieves and or robbers out there. “It’s a start… “ Hitch began. “But I wouldn’t count on it.” Posey whined a bit, then replied with; “I guess… . Thanks anyways… .” Hitch sighs too, and replied with; “I’m sorry if I wasn’t much help… .” Posey sighs one last time, chuckles a bit, then replied with; “it’s fine… . It isn’t your fault hitch. It’ll probably work out in the end. Hopefully… .”


“So Sunny, you liking the movie so far?” Zipp asked as she’s sitting on the couch with her pals. “Me having fun!” Sunny replied with a giggle while bouncing up and down. “Glad to see you’re having fun… “ Posey said as she’s feeling Sunny bouncing on her. Luckily for her Sunny’s still in diapers. Bad news is that she doesn’t know if she’ll use it again or not. Zipp just giggled and said; “you know you can get her to not sit on you right?” Posey sighs, then says; “true… . But then again I highly doubt there’s any room left on the couch for her to sit down… . And I’m sure you wouldn’t want her to sit down on the floor anyways… .” “That’s fair”, Zipp replied with a shrug before looking back at the tv.

The group all stayed like this for a few more minutes, until suddenly they heard a knock at the door. Wondering who it could be, Zipp got up to investigate. Once she opened the door, she was surprise to see who it was and invited them in. Hitch looked back from the couch, and then got a look of surprise. “S-sprout? W-what’re you doing here?!” Sprout then got the cardboard box off of his back before replying with; “since I’m still stuck with community service, I figured that I might as well do something that’ll allow my sentence to be dealt with… . Hopefully… .” Seeing who it is, Sunny got off of Posey and began toddling towards him before Zipp stopped her with her hoof. Sprout was gonna ask, before Hitch replied while putting a hoof to his lil brother’s chest; “it’s a long story… “ to which Sprout nodded at the response.

Not having the chance to meet a potential new friend, Sunny then sat down, and began crying. Seeing this, Sprout instantly made some funny faces and some goofy sounding noises. This made Sunny stop crying and instantly laugh while clapping in applause. After that he stopped. Hitch and Zipp were basically awestruck and dumbfounded at this point. Eventually Zipp began to ask, “h-how did you manage to calm her down so quickly???” Sprout just chuckled to this quickly, and then replied with; “I’ve been making those noises ever since I’ve had community service. Remember???” Hitch then got a look as if he just remembered something, and replied; “oh yeah! I remember now… .” He then chuckled a bit before replying with; “those foals really liked you… “ before snickering and laughing. Sprout growled to this, and replied with; “don’t remind me… “ while starting to look annoyed.

Posey then got behind Sprout and patted his back, causing him to smile and nod; knowing that it’s probably best to let an embarrassing moment like that slide… for now.


Once everypony has gotten ready to go out to explore Maretime Bay before nighttime, the group then went to meet each other at the front door.

Sunny however isn’t ready, and is overall whining. Thinking that Sunny’s not feeling like going outside, Hitch got close to her and gestures for her to follow. She nodded, and slowly walked toward the group with her head hung low a bit. Reason being is that Sunny knew what’s gonna happen after this, and is not feeling happy about it. Meaning that the group were planning on turning Sunny back to normal, and that’s that. The problem though was that Sunny knew, and yet the group didn’t know that she knew. So basically meaning that the group thought that Sunny was being fussy and difficult. What they didn’t knew is that Sunny knew about their plans for her after they explore the town, and that’s the real reason why she’s acting fussy.

Posey saw this and directed Sunny with her hoof on her back before saying; “they’re there Sunny… . It’s okay… . Everything will be just fine… .” Sunny whined, and began to hug her. Posey responded with a light pat to her back, and then grabbed onto Sunny’s hoof to lead her to the front door. And with that, the group are out and about to explore!


Few hours later… .

“So Sunny, how’re you doing?” Posey asked while holding her hoof. Sunny just replied with a bit of a whine, but otherwise babbled for a bit, ending it with a smile as if to say something like “not much”, or “it could’ve been worse.. “ and so forth. Posey just nodded to this and gestures for her to keep close for just in case. Sunny’s grip was gone at first, but eventually she yelped and ran back to Posey to hold her hoof again as she was a little afraid of getting lost. Least for now until she decides to run away… .

Izzy bounced up to Sunny and asked; “what’s the matter buddy? Why’re you so down???” Sunny responded with a whine and a swat of her hoof since she’s feeling a little cranky now. Nodding, Izzy understood what that meant, and bounced back to continue walking next to Zipp.

Posey sighs, picks up Sunny, and asks; “what wrong huh??? You cranky little buddy?” Sunny replied by crying, and then nods her head with a whine. Posey snickers, then replies with; “okay okay… take it easy.” And then makes a grunting noise as she’s having difficulty carrying her. “You’ll be okay Sunny… alright… ? There’s no need to feel bad about this… .” Sunny whimpered, before leaning her head against Posey’s shoulder. She smiled to this and starts petting Sunny’s back before saying; “you’ll be fine… . I mean… after all… “ Posey trailed off before blushing, and then continued with; “you can always get your friend Izzy to turn you into a baby again! Just… not with a grownup’s body this time… hehe… .” Sunny giggled, and then snuggles closer to Posey. Posey snickers, then says; “you’re silly… “ before waddling to catch up with the group while carrying Sunny.


“Everypony had fun?” Zipp asked once everyone was back at the castle. Every pony; including Sunny, all nodded their heads. Once Zipp saw that, she then asked; “so… are we missing anything? Or do y’all feel like ending this night?” The group all began to be thinking of something… when suddenly Sunny saw a pretty butterfly, and decided to chase it. However once she started, the group all gasped in shock, as no one had bothered to check to see if the front door was closed… . And with that, she’s gone.

With a growl, Zipp said; “let’s go!” And then ran after Sunny. The group soon ran behind also, trying to catch up so Sunny wouldn’t be lost.

Yet what the group doesn’t know is that Sunny had something else planned afterwards. What is it? Who knows… ?