• ...
8
 132
 2,424

Chapter 4: Don't Question Pinkie

When Sunny's group had gone outside to see the Main Six in action (even if it was mostly just Sunny who was the most excited about it), when the Manticore had finally left, Sprout's eyes were wide and his jaw had dropped, the red stallion practically speechless.

"That...was something else..." Phyllis said. "The six of them worked together to deal with that mysterious creature." She added.

"That was a Manticore Phyllis. Such great teamwork." Alphabittle said.

"You know what that was?" Haven asked.

"Tales of Bridlewood once being home to such a creature from before our time. Perhaps this is when that was talking about." Alphabittle said.

"That poor manticore was just spooked from all the 'holes' that were appearing in the sky. Poor kitty." Fluttershy said.

"A kitty? You consider that thing a kitty?" Haven asked.

"You should've seen fluttershy's first dealing with a Manticore; she removed a thorn from it's paw and afterwards it was licking her all friendly like." Rainbow Dash said. "I haven't seen anyone be as good as animals as I have Fluttershy." She added.

At that moment, a particular bunny rabbit showed up. "Oh. Hello Angel." Fluttershy said.

"Oh great, it's him. Fluttershy's pet is kind of a problem." Rainbow Dash said.

Angel started to chitter. "Now Angel, you should know better than to say things like that!" Fluttershy said.

Best not reveal a certain factoid just yet... Hitch thought to himself. Suddenly a whole bunch of animals showed up and started to pal around Hitch. "OH COME ON! EVEN ALL THE WAY IN THE PAST?!" Hitch exclaimed, very much annoyed.

"What's with that?" Rainbow Dash said.

"We can't really explain why, but animals back in our time seem to really like Hitch for some reason." Zipp said.

"Huh...that's a new one." Rainbow Dash admitted.

"So, now that the manticore is gone, shall we head back inside the castle?" Twilight asked.

"Yes please! And quickly before I get animal Swarmed." Hitch said.


"I guess you weren't kidding earlier about the monster attacks." Sunny Starscout said once everyone was back in the castle.

"Flash is still rounding up the rest of the ponies who came from the future, but I think it's best that that information is kept underwraps." Twilight said.

"So we are all really stuck here in your time period then? You're sure there's no way for us to get back to our own time?" Zipp asked.

"She's already been over that, Zipp." Hitch said.

"As much as I wish I could say that getting you back to the future was as easy as just making the spells and materials to do so, there's no garentee that when you do go back to the future, it'll be the same as when you left. After all, judging from the fact that both Canterlot Castle and the Everfree Forest have changed to become a mix of our time period's version of them and your time period's version of them, I believe that the combination of time travel magics and the unity crystals has created what one might call a collision of our times." Twilight said.

"Ugh...maybe I really shouldn't have messed with Time Travel. When you dismissed Pinkie Pie bringing it up outright, I thought that that meant you were afraid of it." Starlight said.

"I once used Time Travel to try and warn my past self to not stress out over a disaster that would not come, but due to the way the spell worked, I was unable to do so, making my past self-end up stressing over a disaster that would not come." Twilight said.

"...What? But your Twilight Sparkle! How could you do something so...amaturish..." Sunny said.

"No pony is perfect Sunny. Even Twilight's made a few mistakes. And I'm sure there's some you've all made yourselves too." Rainbow Dash said.

The nine ponies from the future in that room said nothing to counter that as they all knew that Rainbow Dash was right: No pony could ever hope to be perfect, and they were all examples of that in one way, shape, or form.

"And that's a good thing though. Don't let it bum you out. Even if no pony could ever hope to be perfect, that's why you have friends, to help you when you get let down." Pinkie Pie said. Suddenly she took out some cookies from her hair. "Cookies anyone?" She asked.

"What the...when did you make cookies?" Izzy asked.

"This morning, as I had a feeling that I'd want to have cookies for later today." Pinkie said. "Call it a hunch." She added.

"But...but as far as I know, you came to the castle shortly after Twilight convinced Starlight to let the Sonic Rainboom happen. How the buck did you think to make cookies?!" Izzy exclaimed.

"Izzy Moonbow was it? Want to know something I've learnt about Pinkie Pie over the years of staying here in Ponyville?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"What would that be?" Izzy asked.

"NEVER QUESTION PINKIE PIE!" Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy all yelled out at once.

"...Sorry I asked..." Izzy said.