• Published 18th Aug 2022
  • 457 Views, 14 Comments

Texture and the changlings - Hkh4



A Filly gets taken in by changlings

  • ...
4
 14
 457

Chapter 2 integration begins

Author's Note:

Ifeel like i forgot to describe Lysandras appearence she has a light purple mane and darker shade of purple eyes wings same colour as her mane etc

When Texture awoke she was in her cell again but with a slightly nicer bed it felt a little rough on her coat. She winced as she started to move, feeling the wounds missing had taken. She looked herself over noting several bandages around her midsection and her rear/tail. She heard movement near the door of her cell. As someone ran off down the hall.

A moment later her door opened and a familiar changeling stood at the door looking her over. "Queen Lysandra will be coming soon, best to make yourself as presentable as possible." He said in a slightly mechanical tone.

"I'm Not happy about it myself but she has deemed you as a guest." he said with a slight scowl and turned to exit the cell and closed the door with a latching sound.

Texture proceeded to shuffle herself around doing her best to appear proper without agitating her wounds.

After about 10 nervous minutes of her wondering how she got so injured and what was going to happen. She heard the door unlatch and in came. Lysandra who ducked her head to fit through the door then stood at full height before the little filly who instinctively wrapped her tail tighter around herself.

"I trust you slept well?" she said as she looked Texture over.

Texture weekly nodded then asked
"w-w-what happened t-to me?" she asked as she looked over her wounds again.

Lysandra blinked in surprise.
"you truly do not remember?"

Texture Shook her head "a-a-all I r-r-remember is my gu-guts t-trying to rrr
-rr-ip thems-selves ou-ou-out."

Lysandra noted this.
"What happened was something about those stones triggered some magical event within your body, I believe."


Unleashed something that if you were older it would have been rather dangerous, she thought to herself.

Lysandra lowered herself to be face to face with the filly. "I would like to try to integrate you into the hive after a few experiments. Would you be willing to try that?" she gently asked."

Texture unconfidently nodded as she asked:
"w-w-what kind of exper-rements?"

"one's to try to establish the current extent of your abilities." Queen Lysandra answers as she stood back up.

"Come" Lysandra led the filly out of her cell while mentally sending a message to ensure that the remaining stone be kept far away from anywhere Texture may go, approximating the proximity of when the filly had started complaining about pain and adding a few yards to it.
After ensuring there would be no risk of the filly going haywire again she returned her attention to Texture.

"The first thing I wish to figure out about you is the limits to your camouflage." she said as she led Texture through the winding halls of the hive towards a form of stadium noting that most of her hive continued to glare and appear disgusted at the little filly.

That will have to be addressed, Lysandra thought to herself.

"what k-kkind of ma-materials?" Texture nervously asked.

"You will see shortly."

Second test to see if you can regularly access those draconic abilities without that form, Lysandra thought to herself.

They arrived at the stadium entrance and Texture gulped nervously looking around at the stands of the stadium seeing 2 changlings sitting as if to observe both with some form of clipboard.

They hadn't noticed her yet. She tried to shrink back into the tunnel but Lysandra pushed her forward. So Texture nervously walked towards the objects sitting in the middle of the stadium. There was what appeared to be a freshly pulled out and replanted tree alongside what appeared to be a pool of water and a small fire.

"Why couldn't this have been d-done outside?" Texture asked Lysandra.

"because there are uncertainties to what will happen!" Lysandra replied

"Now attempt to disguise yourself as the tree!!"

Texture went up and touched the tree and near immediately her exterior changed to be a wood like material she looked herself over the wood slightly creaking as she moved. Her eyes being the sole portion that hadn't changed besides her pupils colour. Her eyes wandered to the stadium then Lysandra.

She then without being commanded stepped in the pool of water she once again changed her exterior though her insides became visible. Causing the changelings in the stadium to gag. Meanwhile Lysandra simply took mental notes.

" So far can manage living materials and even fluids. An interesting chain so far"

"Now change back to normal and attempt to touch the fire!!" She commanded the filly, Texture instead of returning to normal went to stone as she reached her hoof into the flames she could feel a pleasant heat through the stone covering her leg. She touched the fuel source of the flame and stepped back and willed herself to become the flame.
Some sparks came off her as her magic short circuited and she collapsed.

Lysandra approached and demandingly asked.
"what happened!?"

"I'm tired and feel empty!" Texture weakly replied. She did not quite understand it herself, but her magic reserves had basically run dry, as well as her wounds aching.
She tried and failed to stand her body having both very little caloric energy as well as magical.

Lysandra looked at her in pitty/annoyance and used her magic to lift the filly intent on taking her to the dining hall. Texture slightly squirmed in the magical grasp.


"It's too tight!" she exclaimed at Lysandra who slightly loosened her grasp.

Texture did her best to relax as she was being carried, despite the still constant glares she received.

Lysandra wanted them to stop but she understood she could give orders and they'd obey but their minds would still hold disliking or resentment of Texture. so she opted to let them naturally acclimate to the filly.
She would intervene if things got violent though.

Texture felt her magic recharging as they entered the loud cafeteria.
It quickly went quiet and all the changeling's stood at attention when Lysandra was noticed.

She waved a chitinous hoof to tell them to relax. The noise resumed as she walked over to the table with a large regal looking chair she sat as she placed texture down along the side of the table she levitated an empty chair over for Texture to sit on.

Texture weakly hopped up onto the chair. Her magic was charging but her body was still running on empty. Lysandra called for food to be brought out through the hives link. After a few minutes. A rather fancy-looking meal was brought to the queen and stew along with a cup of water was given to Texture.

She noticed the stew smelled a bit differently this time little chunks of white something floating alongside the vegetables. She lifted the spoon with her hoof and began to eagerly eat the stew. A chunk of something caught in her throat a few spoons in and she sprung her leg towards the cup of water grabbing it and rapidly bringing it to her mouth and using it she dislodged the accursed object to continue down her throat.

Texture inspected the remaining water now that her throat was clear; it was completely clear this time she noted.

After a few moments of catching her breath, she resumed eating her stew more carefully this time. She rather liked the white chunks within it. Soon enough she had finished her meal while Lysandra was still eating, occasionally sipping from a chalice filled with the vile pink fluid.

Texture sat quietly as she felt her magical energy continue to charge from the room's environment. To the surprise of everyone in the hall, she suddenly burst into the flames she had previously been trying to shift to. Her entire exterior was a flickering reddish-orange flame her eyes glowed a consistent red. Making her look like something straight out of Tartarus.

After a moment however she got control over it and returned to her normal self blinking in confusion followed by balling into herself in shame plus fear as the entire cafeteria continued to stare at her.

Lysandra however was a bit bemused at what had just happened. She continued to wonder what were the limits if there even were limits to what Texture's body could imitate.

She could be an incredible tool to fend off other hives so long as that purple form didn't show up again!