• Published 19th May 2023
  • 6,185 Views, 250 Comments

Remnant - Ebonyglow



On a quest to unravel an ancient mystery, one which ties all ponies of Equestria together, Sunny Starscout and her friends make an awe-inspiring discovery...

  • ...
12
 250
 6,185

Log 767: Generosity.

Day 767

It happened again. I thought I’d be able to handle it, I really did. It’s been a while since it last happened. It hurts all the same.

Worse, even.

Today another friend passed away. Today Rarity left us.

It had been coming for some time, we knew it, she knew—yet nothing could prepare us for when it’d actually occur.

In typical Rarity fashion, she had to be extravagant and graceful, even on her deathbed.

Done up in a glorious gown, a final design of hers we and her sister carefully constructed, being she was too weak to do it herself, she laid in her bed calmly.

The room wasn’t filled by a big ensemble, not anymore. She didn’t have any family left, besides her sister, and in regards to us, well…

When you’re missing two ponies of six, it feels a lot more empty than you’d think.

Soon it’d be three of six.

She didn’t complain, she wasn’t scared, I’d dare say she was honestly relieved.

‘And to think I still look as divine as ever.’ That’s what she weakly mumbled on her bed, smiling an innocent smile all the while. It got a chuckle out of us through our tears.

Even in death, she was always one to care for her beauty.

Sweetie Belle held her sister’s hoof, softly and carefully stroking Rarity’s pristine, white coat, maintained and perfect as always, while doing everything in her ability to keep herself together.

She wanted to be strong for her sister, but she was falling apart more and more by the minute.

Spike did his best to comfort her, but he was barely holding it together himself. True, he and Rarity never became an item, his nonsensical, childish crush long gone by now, but he still cared for her as deeply as a friend possibly could.

We all did.

Which made saying goodbye all the harder.

The minutes ticked by. The sounds of sobs and the occasional sniffle filled the room.

Her breathing began to slow, as her smile relaxed itself on her face.

That sparkle in her eye, the sparkle that had a vision for fashion, beauty, and the art of design began to twinkle away.

Her eyes shut, showing off the eyeshadow she carefully applied like she did everyday—even to her last day.

We could all hear her final huff of air.

She really did look as beautiful as ever.