• Published 1st Aug 2022
  • 399 Views, 11 Comments

the city part 1 - keithsterling

  • ...
 11
 399

Chapter 1 (the patrol)

You have heard of Neigh Horseleans, Manehattan, and Tampa Neigh and Detrot; these three cities are a hotbed of organized crime, with the ban on making and selling of Hard apple cider in all of Equestria being enforced throughout the land. Now for my city, the city of Los Ungulas in Califoalnia, my name is Police Sergeant Justice Silverlight. I am a beat cop working for Los Ungulas Police department in the elite Metropolita Division in Downtown Los Ungulas.

"Oh, come on, Justice, stop that! You are making the city sound like a cesspool! It's not that bad." A mare voice said, annoyed and edged with tension as the camera pans to the seat on the left of the patrol car.

Sitting in the passenger seat of the LUPD patrol vehicle was a beautiful light pink Alicorn mare with moderate violet, moderate rose and pale gold streaked mane and tail. Her curvy 5ft 9in equine figure was attired in a white blouse, black tie over a navy blue jacket, and knee-length straight skirt.

Her light pink elegant legs were bare, and on her ten-inch, long attractive delicate pink slim bare feet with candy green toenail polish were black comfort pumps with two-inch heels. Folded on her back were her medium-sized light pink feathery bird wings, and sitting on top of her head behind her horn was a navy blue peaked cap with the gold emblem of LUPD.

A black leather purse dangled from her perfect round shoulder that contained all her equipment and her thirty-eight service-six Ruger revolver. This Alicorn mare was LUPD police officer Cadence Aperture the newest police mare from Los Ungulas Police department in the elite Metropolita Division in Downtown Los Ungulas.

Sitting next to her in the vehicle was a majestic and handsome-looking dark blue unicorn stallion with short textured cut crimson red mane and tail. His 6ft 5in athletic equine figure was attired in the dark blue uniform of LUPD police officer, and on top of his head behind his horn was a navy blue peaked cap with the gold emblem of LUPD. Black tactical boots were on his twelve-inch-long, dark blue bare feet. This unicorn stallion was LUPD police sergeant Justice Silverlight from the Los Ungulas Police department in the elite Metropolita Division in Downtown Los Ungulas. He reaches over and pokes Cadence Aperture in her side with his finger causing her to squirms a bit from the jab into her ticklish side.

"Tee-hee! Now stop that, Justice! If I was not warned about you, I would be upset with you tickling me like that." Cadence said, playful as she slapped his finger away from her side before he could tickle her again.

"I am sorry, Cadence…but it has been less than a year since the Los Ungulas Police department hired the first mare officer. And another year that they allowed a mare to be in the field as a patrol officer," Justice explains as Cadence leaned over and kissed him.

"I know, Justice." Cadence explained, her voice quivering as Justice rested his hand on her shoulder to reassure her.

"Thank you, Justice," Cadence said, grateful as she took hold of his hand in both of her hands and kissed his hand to thank him.

"Why me, Miss Aperture?" Justice asked, wondering as Cadence smiled at him and kissed him on his cheek again.

"You have a good reputation among the small group of mare officers and some stallion officers in the department," Cadence comments as Justice smile too much with his mare partner comment.

"I hope it a deserved reputation, Miss Aperture?" Justice said nervously as Cadence giggled into the back of her hand.

"The reputation I am speaking of, Mr. Silverlight, is that you are incorruptible. I am not blind like most of the department…I have noticed how key evidence in various cases seems to vanish without a trace… before the court case is about to come up." Cadence said, knowing thick with insinuation as Justice's lips curled with disgust before returning to a calm state.

"Talk like that, Miss Aperture…has led many rookie officers to be forced out of the department. Found dead from seemingly innocent circumstances," Justice explains with veiled warning as he reaches over to Cadence and pats her on the knee of her crossed leg, one knee tossed casually over the other tapping her heel-clad foot soundless in the air.

That little comment led to an extraordinary partnership between Cadence and me throughout our career in the Los Ungulas Police department in the elite Metropolita Division in Downtown Los Ungulas. The partnership came in handy when I was accused of accepting a bribe to destroy key evidence in a court case of a hit stallion that killed a prominent politician in the city and was forced out of the department.

(Three years later)

The Speakeasy was heavy with the smell of stale medicinal drinks and even stronger illegal hard apple cider brought in by a local bootlegger to make a pretty tidy profit for the runner if he survived the run. Toward the front of the Speakeasy was a stage singing on the stage: a gorgeous pearly purple unicorn mare with fern green mane and tail and the establishment piano player.

Walking through the secret entrance was a beautiful light pink Alicorn mare with moderate violet, moderate rose, and pale gold streaked mane and tail. Her curvy 5ft 9in equine figure was attired in a black beaded fringed flapper dress that hit above the knee. Her light pink elegant legs were encased in black stockings held in place by a garter belt. On her ten-inch, long attractive delicate pink slim bare feet with candy green toenail polish were plain black T-strap pumps with slender Spanish heels.

Folded on her back were her medium-sized light pink feathery bird wings. A black leather purse dangled from her perfect round shoulders that contained her personal possessions and concealed police bulldog thirty-eight special. This Alicorn mare was Former LUPD police officer Cadence Aperture, a police mare from Los Ungulas Police department in the elite Metropolita Division in Downtown Los Ungulas and partner to Former LUPD police sergeant Justice Silverlight from the Los Ungulas Police department in the elite Metropolita Division in Downtown Los Ungulas.

"Thanks, Paul, I got him, and I'll take him back to our apartment to sleep it off. By the way, my police contact told me that the department will conduct a raid on this place sometime this week." Cadence informs the speakeasy owner as she walks over to the passed-out unicorn stallion sitting at the bar.

“Thanks for the heads-up, officer Aperture." The speakeasy owner said appreciatively as he helped Cadence to get the drunken Justice to his feet and walked him to a waiting car outside the establishment.

“Remember Paul, former officer Aperture…After they destroy our career, accusing us of bribery. I have no love for that department; I will make it as hard as possible for them." Cadence said bitterly as she climbed into the driver seat of tan one thousand nine hundred twenty-nine ford model A deluxe Roadster to drive back to their apartment.

A few hours later, in an eight hundred square foot two-bedroom apartment in an average-priced apartment complex in downtown Los Ungulas Cadence pip-plops in her stocking-clad light pink slim bare feet over a cityscape gray colored carpeting of the combination living and dining room. After brewing a hot cup of black coffee in the galley-style kitchen for the hung over Justice Silverlight to alleviate the pounding headache of the all-night drinking binge.

"Justice, why do you do this to yourself?" Cadence said, distressed, handing the hot cup of coffee to Justice, who carefully took a sip of hot coffee as she made her way to the front of the sofa.

"Then why don't you leave, mare! I don't need some pony like you!" Justice said frigidly as the blood drained from Cadence's face with Justice's comment.

"I can't do that, Justice! Despite how much your words hurt me? You do need me!” Cadence said, distressed as tears ran down her pink cheeks, splashing on her stocking clad insteps of her light pink slim bare feet.

"I am sorry, Cadence," Justice said, disappointed in himself as he reached up to wipe the tears from Cadence's cheeks. As she takes hold of his hand and shakes her head, accepting his apology before letting go of his hand.

"Cadence, why do you hang around with loser like me?" Justice groans as Cadence sit on the coffee table in front of Justice crossing her legs, one knee tossed casually over the other and tapping her stocking-clad foot soundlessly in the open air.

“The truth Justice is? (Justice nods his head) you need me?" Cadence said warm hearted as she regarded with genuine fondness her former police partner.

"I-I need you?" Justice said, reluctant as he lowered his head and stared at Cadence’s candy green toenail polish on her nails through the translucent fabric of her sheer stockings upon her light pink slim barefoot.

"I told you not to get involved with clearing me, Cadence! The police chief would have left you alone if you didn't get involved! And you could have found a new partner! I was fine with being forced out of the department as long as you continue your career!" Justice said self-righteously as he started to sniffle.

"Eventually, I would have been forced out of the department like you. I was not going to allow myself to become corrupt. This city needs someone like us to fight for it." Cadence said righteously as she brought her stocking-clad light pink slim barefoot up and wiggled her five slightly plump elegant, and dynamic slender long toes in the air a few times.

“The full story is this Justice. Went I first joined the Los Ungulas Police department in the elite Metropolita Division in Downtown Los Ungulas, I had the choice of any officer to be partnered with.”Cadence explained as the breath caught in Justice's throat

"What those officers didn't know, I could sense just how corrupt they were! I would not be the unwilling participant to corruption and allow blood money to make my decision for me.” Cadence said hotly as Justice started to listen to his partner and allow her a few minutes to calm herself before continuing.

“Then you enter the briefing room…I was dumbfounded went I couldn’t sense corruption in you. My feelings were quickly confirmed; went whole dynamics of the room changed! Those officers I sense that were the most corrupt had a mix of fear and anger toward you. And others were clueless." Cadence explained as she allowed Justice to rest her slender ankle in the palm of his upturned hand, exposing her luscious soft skin on the sole of her stocking-clad foot.

“The fear I sensed from those officers became enhanced went I choose to be your partner." Cadence commented as she wiggled her five slightly plump elegant, and dynamic slender long toes once again in her stocking nervously.

"I was not looking for a partner that day," Justice comments as he uses his fingers to slowly spread out Cadence's five slightly plump elegant and dynamic slender long toes to look at the soft skin between her toes which made her quite a bit nervous.

"I sense that, Justice." Cadence commented as he set her stocking-clad foot back down on the ground, and her light purple eyes shined with relief.

"But you were persistent, Miss Aperture," Justice said irately as Cadence stood up, pitter-pattered back into the galley-style kitchen, went the teapot on the stove whistle.

"Yes, I was, Justice. You tried to ditch me at the station a few times." Cadence said bitterly as she placed a tea bag in a cup and poured the hot water into the cup to let the tea bag steep for a few minutes to get the most flavors from the pack.

"But still, you didn't take the hint Miss Aperture," Justice said, a bit annoyed as she moved the bag up and down in the cup with her hand as her unicorn horn glowed with a soft, very light cornflower blue magical light a signal of her using her magic to do something.

"In the end, Mr. Silverlight, because of my persistent, you took me on as your partner," Cadence said, her face flushed with happiness as she picked up her cup and pitter-patter in her light pink slim bare feet from behind the lower cabinets back to the coffee table.

"So now what, Cadence?" Justice asked as she sat back down on the coffee table, crossing her legs, one knee tossed casually over the other and tapping her bare foot soundlessly once again in the open air as she sipped her tea.

"This city needs ponies like us to give the innocent a chance. Until the corruption is clear of our city. There is no Justice for the innocent. The reason I joined the police force was to make a difference. What every your reason for joining was? I hope it is the same as mine?" Cadence said, hopeful and noble as she saw a change in Justice's demeanour with her determination.

"Then I ask again, now what, Cadence?" Justice said as he eyed this beautiful light pink Alicorn mare, helpless delicate pink slim bare feet in front of him.

"We make it to the rank of a Police Detective in the corrupt police force and never gave up our principles. No matter how many obstacles they put in front of us…Our principles put us at odds with our corrupt superiors, and we were forced out of the department.” Cadence explains as she finishes sipping her tea and floats the empty cup into the sink.

"We are both wealthy from our families' fortune and have our own small fortune. So how about starting our own detective agency? With our connections, we can start chipping away at the corruption…so what do you say, Justice?" Cadence asked as she uncrossed her legs and placed her feet flat.

"I say Cadence…Let's do this." Justice said knowing

As the scene begins to close, the screen is filled with a close-up of slenderly gracefully rounded, slightly petite gorgeous-shaped pair of light pink bare feet with bright blue toenail polish. The camera shows the perfectly shaped shallow but smooth curved arches of these feet and every detail of the luscious with very effortless creases of soft, light pink skin on the bottom of the feet. As the scene fades to black, all that is heard is the unrestrained laughter of a very ticklish mare that fills your ears.