• Published 27th Jul 2022
  • 294 Views, 28 Comments

Gummy Tries to Get Warm - Incredible_E



Gummy must get warm... no matter what it takes.

  • ...
0
 28
 294

Multiversal Assistance

Gummy walked through the tear and began free falling inside a massive volcano. He glimpsed at two beings on the edge of a rock protuberance for a split second, one was dangling off the edge. Then he belly-flopped into the lava below.

"Whoops, wrong universe. I knew I was a little rusty."

In the corner of his eye, he saw a golden ring resting on a cooled piece of magma. It called to Gummy, influencing him to pick it up. So he did, not because he followed a command, but because he wanted a souvenir to remind him of this mistake. That even Gummy is not perfect at all times. Even if he might mess up only once in an eon.

Once the ring was in his grasp, he escaped the volcano into a new universe, one he meant to go to at first.

Do not worry, everything still collapsed since the ring left the universe. Just as good as melting it down, so no one was ever the wiser.


A dark and eerie atmosphere surrounded him. The only luminance came from pools of magma and eternal fires shooting out of a reddened ground, close to resembling the color of blood. Gummy did not see any living organisms but heard screams echo throughout the enormous caverns.

Somehow, this place was warm to Gummy but only enough to notice a difference. He walked around skulls and bones that ranged from fresh to charred in order to reach the closest magma pool.

The lava was actually quite nice and warm. Still not enough to fix the shivers, but it had to be the purest and hottest lava Gummy had ever experienced. So he laid there in comfort while frequencies of the damned loomed over him. This place was one of the most relaxing places he'd ever been to.

He concluded that the fire jacuzzi was not sufficient enough. Even though it was nice, he had to leave to pursue hotter temperatures.

It was one hell of a visit.


After opening another hole in space-time, he appeared in front of a gigantic grey sphere. It looked like a large space station, enormous enough to be classified as a metal moon.

It charged eight separate lasers that collided in the middle of a concave disk, outlining a cone. As they merged, a huge green laser hotter than the explosion of the lunar fusion reactor, struck Gummy and deflected off its predestined path. Instead, it vaporized a desert world in another uninhabited system.

Alderaan was thankful.

Gummy grew warmer, but not warm enough to fully satisfy the pestering cold from within.

Thinking of another time and place, looking evermore for a hotter event, left the presence of the green laser, allowing it to straighten once again and hit its original target.

Alderaan was no longer thankful.


Gummy found himself back on Earth, but in a different universe than he was in before.

A bolt of lightning lit up the dense forest around him. It seemed to have struck a large purple man. A purple man Gummy knew all too well. He watched as a rotating ax struck Thanos' chest cavity, not without attempting to repel it with the golden gauntlet, complete with universal stones.

Thanos groaned in pain while an electric viking pushed the ax deeper into his body. Gummy waited for his opportunity to make his move.

"Y— You— You shoulda. . ." Thanos mumbled through the pain, "You. . . You should have gone for the head."

Now was Gummy's time to interject, "I could not agree more."

Thanos, upon recognizing such a voice, jolted his head in the direction of Gummy.

The viking looked confused at what Thanos suddenly reacted to. Upon looking in the same direction, he to saw a small green gator.

"You!" Thanos roared in slight surprise. "I thought I had found a universe that you did not occupy."

"You know full well that is not possible. I am everywhere even if nowhere. No matter how many times you reset time or use the space stone."

The Norse god took this distraction and removed his ax from Thanos to strike again — to the head this time.

Simultaneously, Thanos raised his gloved hand to snap before anything else could happen, but Gummy knew. Quickly, Gummy propelled his lizard tongue outwards and wrapped around the snapping fingers, seizing the snap. With the other hand, Thanos forcibly grabbed the Stormbreaker ax and struck the Norse man with it, sending him back to Wakanda.

Gummy let go of the glove, retracting his tongue quickly. He and Thanos remain at a stand-off, looking at one another.

"You would have lost anyway, Thanos." Gummy stated as fact, before the fact. "This universe is 'the one' where you fail. So this little interjection ultimately changes nothing for your ending and thus does not matter if it happens sooner."

"So I win all other universes."

"You can believe that, but do those realities really exist? Does it exist as a path not taken, if it exists at all? Or is it a figment of your imagination as a simple possibility of what could have been? Who is to say that time is truly only linear as one experiences it or if it is truly a forever-expanding root system where all avenues are taken, but not experienced by one entity alone? To you, you have lost everything, and you can not say that any other conclusion exists."

"We could rule the corrected universe together, you and I. You, educate the masses with knowledge unknown to most, if not all, while I make sure the cosmos remains balanced and pure. Together, we could truly make the best universe."

"The only thing that could make this universe balanced and pure, is me curing this cursed shivering. Of course, first I must vanquish you, again."

"Again? So you have been here before and failed before."

"I have not, but you have every time. I thought since our last conversation-turned-argument that maybe you would have changed, or at least lessened your radical ways. Though it seems your philosophy has only become more polarized. To rule a "perfect" universe under fear by first slicing its population in half? Pitiful, only those who know they are weak on the inside, resort to fearmongering."

"You presented a philosophy that conflicted with what should be my reality. We differed too much then, and now we have only grown farther apart. It is a shame all of our intellectual conversations of the past we shared are now figments of the past, and weapons of the present. Since we know each other, we know what the other will do to get their way."

"You believe you know so much, even everything, but yet you do not know that you know very little."

Thanos, knowing Gummy, and having had enough of this unchanging banter, lifted up his gilded glove and snapped.

. . . Nothing happened.

Gummy resumed mentally talking to Thanos. "You think I am a fool? After our interactions here and past, I thought you would know better. I suppose it was clear when you showed resistance in the first place. It was always futile."

All of the infinity stones on the glove disappeared in front of Thanos while Gummy's mouth glowed red with the reality stone.

Done in the most smooth and precise way possible, Gummy continued the plan to rid Thanos of the glove.

Using the space stone, Gummy opened a portal next to him that connected to a portal behind Thanos. He threw the power stone through it and temporarily stunned Thanos as it began to eat at him. Then Gummy threw himself through the portal with the mind stone in his claw.

Quicker than anticipated, Thanos grabbed the power stone and reapplied it to the glove. In a quick reaction, Gummy swapped the mind stone with the space stone in his mouth and safely teleported farther away.

Thanos pointed while activating the infinity gauntlet with the power stone charged. Gummy dodged numerous purple blasts from the end of Thanos' finger, but he was getting closer to a hit each time.

Suddenly, it hit him. Not the laser, but an idea. Gummy remembered the first universe he went to and realized what the ring he picked up was. This changed how fast the outcome of the future would become present.

Gummy equipped the ring on his tail, becoming invisible to Thanos, but not without activating the reality stone to create hundreds of fake Gummys around him. The real Gummy got to Thanos and used the mind stone, placing him under his control. . . mostly.

Thanos had a strong mind and will so the stone would not last long forcing Gummy to act quickly.

He made the hundreds of Gummys wrap their tongue around the gauntlet and pull. It was hard due to Thanos' strong mental presence in the moment, despite the mind stone. Gummy's solution was to activate the time stone and cast a time bubble around his head to slow down Thanos' progress at overpowering the mind stone.

The glove soon slipped off, allowing Gummy to put it on himself. The gauntlet fitted itself around his hand while Gummy spat the infinity stones back onto the glove.

As to get the ultimate last laugh, Gummy had more plans up his non-existent sleeves.

Gummy used the reality stone to simulate that Thanos was still wearing a fully-gemmed gauntlet. Then used the time stone to reset time back to when Gummy first appeared.

Time resumed.

"Y— You— You shoulda. . ." Thanos mumbled through the pain, "You. . . You should have gone for the head."

Thanos raised his gloved hand to snap and. . . failed. Even the viking was a little shocked.

The fake projected glove slowly disappeared from Thano's hand.

"Then I won't miss this time," the Norse man rebutted, taking this mysterious chance to take him out.

Having succeeded and taken what he required, Gummy removed the One Ring from his tail and tore a hole in the air to travel to a different universe. He didn't want to alter this universe further.


Entering a new and fresh universe, with that new universe smell, Gummy had a final and ultimate plan to get more than warm: hot.

Remembering that the heat from the lunar fusion base meltdown and the Death Star's laser weapon was slightly sufficient, he needed a way to make multiples of them strike at the same time.

Thus, Gummy moved onto a planetary body void of life and summoned an exact copy of the lunar fusion base with the reality stone. . . and then a few hundred more around the area. Then, he summoned twenty exact copies of the Death Star, right before firing its superlasers, scattered in space with a direct line of sight.

At the exact moment, two hundred thousand megatons of TNT and 7,559,540.33 degrees of superlaser struck Gummy.


He was warmed.


The shivering stopped.


Gummy thought victory was finally his until the lasers stopped firing, and the fusion explosions dissipated. Once they were gone, he became cold once again. So he activated the time stone and reset it back before they went off.

He did this again, and again, and again until he just made it a constant time loop.

Now he was forever warm, free of the curse of shivering.

"This is not right. . ." Gummy said to himself. "I could live like this for the rest of time, but. . . Something inside me demands I do not. That I must return to Equestria once this is resolved. I must try harder."

"I do notice that this method only warms my exterior, leaving my interior in the same cold that creates these shivers. I theorize, that to combat this, I must break the space-time continuum and shatter the quantum realm."

Gummy broke the time loop and reversed time before he summoned the lunar bases.

The reality stone lit up and created a second time stone. With one time stone, Gummy set it to move forward. The second time stone was tasked to move backward. Time suddenly stopped, but was still moving to both the future and past simultaneously. Gummy then placed the power stone in between the two time stones, and connected them. The purple gem ate away at the green, forever keeping time in a corrupted equilibrium. The last thing holding everything together was the space stone. He put it in his mouth, and chomped down on it, breaking it into many pieces.

The universe began to red and blue-shift at the same time, ripping colors apart. Matter and mass of such became relative instead of constant. Everything lost its original shape and time, going backward and forward, ripping everything apart into duplicates. One duplicate advanced normally into the future, and the other duplicate drifted into the past.

Finally, as the final move, Gummy ripped open hundreds of holes in the fabric of space-time, permitting other universes and dimensions to bleed into this one. Having merged plenty of realities, universes, and dimensions, Gummy shattered the reality stone with his gums.

In physics, a constant law rules over everything, that all mass and energy must equal all mass and energy before and after any reaction in any singular universe. Gummy had broken this precious law, creating explosions more severe that even all the heat of every star in a universe combined was but a fraction of the heat being expelled during this merging of everything.

This was the heat-death of the multiverse, and it was still. Not. Satisfactory.