• ...
5
 7
 609

Fearful power

Author's Note:

Lemme know what you think. Also im not that good with titles or personality identification.

well...this is new. I think to myself as I stare at the pink sphere floating in front of me. It's kinda cute. I go to pet it but my hands are different. I jump a bit when the sphere touches my hand. It's odd. I seem to know it's name and a few new powers. Akumu...Kumu! A nice little nickname. Kumu is definitely cute. They lean into my hand as I scratch their head. "Akumu, think you can turn into something reflective?" Akumu growls approvingly and turns into a scythe. Not what I was hoping but it works. Staring into the blade, my eyes seem to be a single line of bright pink. The lower half of my hair is pink and the upper half brown.

My appearance frightens me a bit and more of my hair turns pink. I hear growling behind me and akumu turns into a pink wall and blocks a wooden wolf from attacking me. I yelp as I see them slide into view. They jump at my and I duck under and kick the underbelly. Didn't think I could fight like this. But it didn't seem to do anything. They jump at me again, but they seem so much slower. Akumu enhances my arm and I use it to punch the wood into splinters. that was easier than I thought. As I turn around akumu makes a noise and then the wolf sinks it's teeth into my shoulder, but before they can bite farther, I force their jaws off, toss them into the air, and use akumu as a spear to steal their soul. The wood falls to pieces as I pull back the spear. "Store it akumu. Let's save it for later." Akumu chomps on the soul and we leave. I didn't really think the shoulder would be a problem, but it was. It hurt a lot more than I thought. I manage to get into a clearing, it's full of critters and it's night time. Akumu nuzzles out of concern, "I'm alright Kumu. Just need to find somewhere to rest. Let's go." After a few minutes of walking, a cabin of sorts comes into view. I continue walking and find a village. The streets are empty so they're all sleeping inside probably. I find a tree with a door on it and with nothing else to do, I open it. "Hello? Anyone home?"
...

No one's home. I go up the stairs and find a bedroom. Hopefully they won't mind me using it. I sit down and begin picking the splinters out of my shoulder wound which takes a few minutes. After that I lay down with a sigh you make after hours of non-stop walking. Now I can get some rest. "Watch me while I sleep, kay Akumu? Don't let anyone touch or hurt me." Akumu nods and settles on my shirt. I close my eyes and doze off.

--Twilight Pov--
Morning

I swing open the door to my Library, "Spike, can you grab the supernatural book I left upstairs?"

"Sure thing twilight." He starts up the stairs but stops and turns to twilight.

"It's on the nightstand near the bed." Spike turns back and continues up the stairs. Shortly after spike comes back down with his hand over his mouth like he's trying to be silent. "What's the matter spike? Couldn-"

"SHH!" I'm completely dumbfounded at his reaction as he gets closer and whispers "There's something sleeping in your bed twi!" He says in a hushed voice.

"Don't be redic-" he shushes me again. I decide to play along and whisper "Ok then spike, let's go and see." As we make our way up, I start seeing something under the covers. Spike wasn't lying at all.
I had spike write a to the princess
"Dear Princess Celestia,
A brand new creature of unknown origin has appeared in my home and I thought it necessary to inform you. They don't seem dangerous but I still thought I should inform you. I will gather details about it but from what I can tell it walks on two hoofs. I eagerly await your response,
Sincerely, Twilight Sparkle."
It didn't take long for a reply to come back.
"Dear twilight,
Please be careful when investigating this new creature. I shall come and judge them myself in a little bit.
Sincerely, Princess Celestia."
Now to freak out about this. I clear my throat. A brand new creature that we know nothing about! I have to document this! I grab some paper, a quill, and begin documenting while I go to look them over but before I can lay a hoof on them, a strange blob bites at me. I manage to pull away and it just growls at me before resting on the thing in the bed while watching me. It's guarding them while they sleep. Perhaps I should wait and tell Celestia about this. It started nudging the thing in bed and I began to panic.
-Ferris Pov-

"What's the matter ak-" my sentence is cut short when I look at a pony whose initial reaction is shock, followed by excitement.

"Tell me, what are you? Where'd you come from? Are there others like you? What's that pink blob?" She asked rapidly.

"Woah, slow down! You're talking way too fast... You talk?" A talking pony. I shouldn't be surprised but I am. "What's this place called?" After a few minutes the pony calms down.

"You're in ponyville. My name is twilight sparkle and this is spike." She says pointing to the dragon.

"I'm...Betty. This is Akumu. Have you heard of humans?"

"No, is that what you are?"

"No. I don't classify as a living thing. I'm a spell construct."

"What." They both said in unison.