• Published 5th Jul 2022
  • 1,336 Views, 20 Comments

Bug and Bird - Ooo Spooky



Love is really funny. Especially when you're a catbird with a shapeshifting partner

  • ...
1
 20
 1,336

I'll Always Be There

“Hey mom, hey dad.” Gallus said, staring at the headstones. He grimaced. “Guess what? I’m getting married. That’s right, I met the girl of my dreams! Guess I made something of myself after all. Not that you made it easier for me. You know, leaving me on a street corner and all.” He spat, and then sighed. “Why’d you have to be dead?” He asked even though he knew why and how, Griffon greed, obviously, killed in a rockslide looking for the Idol of Boreas. “I, uh, also made it into the Canterlot Royal Guard. I’ve been at the top of my classes. Wish you could’ve been at my acceptance ceremony. It was awesome. There were fireworks! And… and…” He stopped, feeling something roll down his cheek. A tear. “Shit!” He yelled, gripping the grass with his talons. yanking it out of the dirt around their graves. “Fuck! Shit!” He screamed. “Why did you have to… You couldn't've… AUGH! Why’d you pick greed over your own damn chick!” He yelled at the rock. I’m getting married soon and you won’t even be there! If I have chicks then they won’t have grandparents! Didn’t you think about any of that before you went and… and… threw your lives away for a goddamn hunk of gold!? My fiancé never even got to meet you! I never got to meet you!” He cried, before wrapping his arms around the marble headstone of his mom. “W-why’d you have to leave me?” He sobbed.

“Pretty bird?” He turned around and saw Ocellus fluttering down behind him. ”O-ocellus?” He quick got up and wiped his eyes. “I was just… uhm…” He tried to find an excuse. “C-cleaning the…” He couldn’t finish and broke down, practically collapsing into his lover’s arms. “I wish you could’ve met them…” He said, between sobs.

“I know pretty bird. I know.” She said stroking his back, something she knew always calmed him down. “What do you want to say?” Ocellus said, warmly.

“I- I hate them.” He sputtered “B-but. I need to know they loved me. That… somehow, they would’ve chosen me. Even if they didn’t show it.”

“I understand, pretty bird.” Ocellus said.

“I- I love you so much lovebug.” Gallus said, gripping his fiancé even tighter.

“I love you too, pretty bird. I’ll always be there for you.”

Author's Note:

Fun fact: I was adopted, so writing this hit really close. While my birth parents aren't dead, I don't know them so I was able to project onto Gallus really easily.