• Published 5th Jul 2022
  • 1,336 Views, 20 Comments

Bug and Bird - Ooo Spooky



Love is really funny. Especially when you're a catbird with a shapeshifting partner

  • ...
1
 20
 1,336

You're Worth It

“So then, Starswirl the Bearded shot a massive beam from his horn!” Ocellus said as Gallus lay across the bugs back, listening absentmindedly as he sunned himself. “It was a feat comparable to Alicorns! And to think, Starswirl was just a normal unicorn! He just trained!” Ocellus said, swatting at her face with a hoof, something she did when she got excited or talked too fast. Ocellus suddenly stopped her thought and became pensive.

“Something wrong?” Gallus said. He knew the Changeling too well, and knew that her stopping in the middle of a rant meant something was off.

“Do you… think I could ever do something as great as this?” Ocellus asked, wide eyed.

Gallus rolled off of the changelings back an onto the grass in front of her. He grasped her face with his talons. Firmly, yet, tenderly. He stared deep into Ocellus’ wide blue eyes. “Of course you can lovebug.” He said. Ocellus got warm. Lovebug. That was something he could only call her. He was only saying this to her. Not as a default affirmation, not as something he could say to anybody. It was only for her. For this moment.

“But… what if I’m not enough? What if-” Gallus stopped Ocellus’ spiral with a kiss. It seemed to last forever, but it also seemed like an instant. Time truly was a trickster. The two broke the kiss, staring at each other before bursting out laughing. As they did, Gallus wrapped his arms around her, and lifted her up, spinning her around as they laughed, before falling into the grass, letting the warm summer sun warm them. As they did, Gallus rolled onto his side, facing the changeling who had done the same.

“Have I ever told you how beautiful you are when you’re excited about something?” He purred, warmly. Ocellus giggled.

“Yes, pretty bird. Every day.” She said, with a smile.

“And I will continue to say it, every day.” He said with a grin. “I will also continue to tell you that you’re worth it, every single day that we’re on this big blue marble. And, hell, even after that.” He proclaimed. “You’re gonna do something big someday. And I promise, every day, every second, I will be right there with you.” Ocellus’ eyes widened.

“Gal, you-”

“I love you Ocellus. And I will continue to love you. If you’ll let me.” He said, pulling a black box out from underneath his wing. “Will you-”

“YES!” Ocellus cried, leaping into his forearms.

“Oof!” He cried as he had to drop the ring to catch his new fiancé. “Easy lovebug!! I love you so much, but babe, I didn’t even show you the ring.” He laughed as the two fell back onto the grass.

“I don’t care about that!” She said with a smile. “It could be a damn onion ring for all I care! I just want you!” She said, kissing the griffon once again.

Damn, I really lucked out.” Gallus thought as he kissed the love of his life.

Author's Note:

There isn't enough Gallcellus stuff out there. Here's a cute lil story. Wanted to write something cute as I've been feeling down. Also yeah I gave Ocellus my stim whatcha gonna do about it >:)?