• Published 18th Sep 2012
  • 445 Views, 24 Comments

Trials and Tribulations - Divide



A young, world weary entrepreneur is brought to Equestria. Will he love or hate his new world?

  • ...
6
 24
 445

Chapter Thirteen

Trials and Tribulations

Chapter Thirteen: Drink, drank, drunk

Seth stared at Rainbow Dash's new form. Oh god, he thought. Why did this have to happen?

Rainbow Dash had been turned into a human. She had kept her colouring and her wings, but her basic anatomy was of a human.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! thought Seth. No. Nope. Nuh-uh. Negative. This did not just happen. This did not just happen.

Seth immediately began searching in the book of spells for one that undo what he did. Before he had delved into his search, however, Rainbow Dash woke up.

She sat up, holding her head in her hands. "Ohhhh. My head," she moaned.

She then realized what she was doing and looked at her hands. She looked at Seth. She looked at the rest of her body. She looked at Seth.

It was then that Seth REALLY looked at Rainbow Dash.

She had an athlete's build, fairly short rainbow hair, and a flawless complexion. And her ass. Seth had to do a double take. Dat ass, thought Seth. He looked slightly further up. And those tits!

Seth gave his head a shake. What am I doing? Ogling a fictional characters human-form. That is wrong on so many goddamn levels and I'd probably go to Hell for all of them.

The first words that came out of Rainbow Dash's new mouth was, "Seth...you're so young. I thought you were older, given how smart you are."

Seth cringed.

"This feels so strange. How do you even move around?" asked Rainbow Dash as she tried to stand on two feet.

Fuck, thought Seth. I guess I'll have to turn her back tomorrow. I can't for the life of me concentrate.

"Here, I'll show you how."

Seth spent the next hour teaching Rainbow Dash how to move around and walk as a human. If Seth had been sober, it would have been much easier for both of them. For some reason Seth could not fathom, she was still incredibly light, and her wings were able to support her still.

Rainbow Dash figured that out when she fell and her wings automatically fluttered in response. She spent the next half hour learning how to fly again. By the end of the half hour, she was back to her zippy self.

Before something got out of hand, Seth set down some ground rules. "Alright Dash. I want you to stay in the house tonight. There's no telling what could happen if someone saw you like this."

Rainbow Dash crossed her arms and pouted. "You ruin all my fun!"

"I don't care. I don't want to get banished to some far off island just because I couldn't control myself."

Rainbow Dash alighted to the floor and asked, "Why did you turn me into," she motioned to herself, "this?"

Seth sat down on the floor, book in hand. "I didn't mean to." He looked at the section on transforming. "Apparently, I accidentally cast a "Similarity" spell." He looked at Rainbow Dash. "Although to be honest, you don't look a thing like me."

Rainbow Dash was hovering about three feet off the ground. Hovering there, the scene reminded Seth of a guardian angel watching over him.

"What's a 'guardian angel'?" asked Rainbow Dash.

Oops, thought Seth. I guess I said that out loud.

"An angel is a supernatural being or spirit found in various religions and mythologies. A guardian angel is said angel with protective properties, usually for one person in particular."

Rainbow Dash hovered in place, thinking. "Do you think I'm a guardian angel?"

Seth sighed and said, "I have no idea what to think right now. I'm tired, drunk, and filthy rich if the price of liquor is anything to go by. I'm going to bed."

Seth closed his eyes and fell asleep immediately.

*********************

Seth woke up hung-over and nauseous. He hadn't felt like this since his graduation party. He was lying on the living room floor, right where he fell asleep. Thankful that nothing had happened, he rolled over to get up to get some fresh air. He did not, however, think he would roll into Rainbow Dash's back.

Reacting as if he'd touched an electrical socket with wet hands, Seth jolted backwards into the couch. He sat there, back to the couch, and wondered what the fuck had happened last night. Thankfully for Seth, Dash did not wake up from the momentary contact.

Realizing that he could do nothing about the current situation right this second, he decided to lay back and watch Rainbow Dash sleep.

He felt kind of creepy doing so. Why didn't I feel like this when she pinned my arm? Seth thought to himself. Probably because I didn't consider her an actual person. But now here she is, as much of a person as I am, if not more.

Alright, thought Seth. I don't know what happened, nor do I really want to. I'm just going to turn her back, and hopefully this nightmare will be over.

He found the spell he needed to undo his previous one and cast it as fast as he could. Rainbow Dash's body flashed bright white again, and reverted to its original pony self.

Suddenly exhausted, Seth fell back onto the couch. His last thought before falling asleep was, I sure hope she never tells anypony else about this. They might think I'm homesick.

*********************

Seth woke up several hours later, his headache and nausea gone. Whatever it was that caused him to have high alcoholic tolerance, he was grateful for it. He got up and stretched. He was interrupted by Rainbow Dash.

"You could have at least woke me up first."

Seth cracked his neck and said, "Sorry, but I was in rush to turn you back. What the hell were you doing sleeping beside me anyway?"

"I was being what you called me. A guardian angel."

"I don't one of those. I don't deserve one, let alone one who actually exists."

He looked over at her and noticed she was near tears.

"What if I wanted to be like that, huh? What if I liked being a human, like you?"

Oh fuck, he thought.

"Rainbow, calm down. The only reason you want to is because it's different. I became a pony for crying out loud, but I didn't enjoy it one bit," said Seth.

"But everything looked so different! It looked cooler, more detailed. Even you."

No, anything but this.

"Dash. No. And that's final," stated Seth.

Seth looked down into the face of Rainbow Dash. Defeat was written all over it.

"Alright, you win. What's your schedule for today?"

Seth didn't look at her as he said, "Eat. Find a house for rent. Get Twilight to teach me how to better control my magic. Pick up my pet. Sleep. Alone, for once."

Rainbow Dash examined her hooves. "I'm sorry for anything I did."

"It's not your fault. I should've gone straight to fucking bed instead of being a drunken twit. I'm just glad nopony was actually hurt," said Seth. He scratched the back of his neck and asked, "Can I still get a ride down?"


Bidding Dash a farewell, Seth went on the search for food. He spotted Applejack next to an apple cart and walked up to her. "Mornin' Applejack. How much for a bushel?"

"Well howdy Seth!" called Applejack. "It's 12 bits, but ya'll can have it for free."

"Nonsense. I have all these bits and nowhere to spend them," said Seth seriously.

Applejack relented and let Seth buy the apples. He then asked her, "Are there any houses for rent? I'd prefer not to buy, as I don't know if I'm going to stay here."

"Why won't you be staying here? I thought you were getting along just fine with everypony. Did something happen?" asked Applejack.

Surprising, thought Seth. Somebody else can inference as well. What he said was, "I'd prefer not to talk about it. As for staying, it will definitely be for at least another week."

Applejack put a hoof to her chin in thought. Eventually, she said, "I believe there's a house for rent near Lyra and Bon Bon's place. If you're going there now, I'd recommend bringing Twilight along with you. If there's anypony that knows contracts, it's her."

Applejack told Seth where he might find them. Thanking her, Seth made his way to the library, only to find it empty. Shrugging, he started walking towards the for-rent house. Without walking far, Seth was distracted by the sound of raised voices. A fight? thought Seth. Surely not, this is a children's cartoon. Curiosity got the better of him, and he went towards the commotion.

Upon arriving, he witnessed a scene that utterly surprised him. There was a dull grey Earth pony with a single coin as his cutie mark yelling at the three fillies he'd met earlier. As Seth got closer, he could hear what the grey pony was saying.

"You three better watch where the hay your going next time, or I swear to Celestia, I'm going to-"

Seth didn't let him finish. "Hey asshole, why don't you pick on someone much bigger than you?"

The grey pony turned to Seth with a look of disgust on his face. "And what are you supposed to be, hmmm? A shaved diamond dog with clothes?"

Seth resisted the urge to break the pompous ponies nose. "I don't know what a diamond dog is, but I know what you are: a miserable excuse for a pony. You should treat people younger than you with respect and not be a complete douche bag towards them. For fuck's sake, they're just fillies."

The grey pony snorted. "My name is Coin Star and I own the coin press located in Canterlot. I may treat whoever any way that I please. I will also not stoop myself to your level by responding to your childish insults."

Alright, though Seth. He asked for it.

Seth swung the bag of apples he was carrying as hard as he could into Coin Star's front leg. He then quickly kicked the other one out with his heel, causing the grey pony to fall to the ground. Seth then grabbed him by the nose, and twisted with all his might. He could hear several audible cracks.

Seth bent down and grabbed Coin Star by the ear and said, "I'm not from here. I don't follow the rules here. And I certainly do not give two shits if you live or die. So tell me...do you want to live, or die?"

The pony writhed in Seth's grasp and said, "Live! I want to live!"

Smiling to himself, Seth said, "Good. Now I want you to apologize to those three fillies and offer them each a third of the bits your carrying on you. If you do this, I'll let you live."

Seth watched as the grey pony meekly walked over to where the Cutie Mark Crusaders were sitting, stunned by the spectacle. He apologized to each of them and gave them a large amount of money each. Seth hoped they wouldn't spend it all in one place. Coin Star then performed the walk of shame out of Ponyville, his head hung low and his tail between his legs.

Pleased with how that went, Seth continued on his way to the house for rent, but stopped in his tracks when he heard Twilight yell, "SETH! Get over here this INSTANT!"

God damnit, thought Seth. And everything was going so well.