• Published 15th Jun 2022
  • 456 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria's Dinosaurs: The Utahraptor Pack - Lord Shadow Eclipse



A pack of Utahraptors is transported to Equestria by unknown means. How will they survive in this strange world?

  • ...
0
 23
 456

Chapter 5

With the Ponies-Three Days Later

Fluttershy and Treehugger were working frantically to attend to the unconscious animal laid out on the large table before them. Treehugger had put a tube down her throat to keep her breathing stable. The animal was lying on her stomach to allow Treehugger to clean and stitch up the wound on her back. The creature's sides were heaving with easier breathing since the tube got rid of all the phlegm blocking her airway.

There was an IV bag hanging from a metal pole to the side of the table on which the creature was currently sleeping. To help her immune system to fight off the infection, the creature was given a drip of a solution containing probiotic bacteria. She was given a decent dosage of antibiotics before she was given the probiotic solution.

It was amazing to see how quickly the creature responded to the treatment. Her fever had gone down, her wounds were cleaned and stitched, and she was starting to smell healthier, too. Her feathers no longer drooped but instead stood up in good health. Her nose no longer dripped with snot and her breathing was more and more stable.

Soon enough, the mysterious animal was in perfect health. However, she still remained asleep. This was understandable, since she had been fighting a nasty infection for days.

After the confirmation that the creature was indeed healthy and was placed back in the pit, Twilight was invited into the enclosure to study the creature in further detail.

Once inside the pit, the other friends were anxiously watching them from above. Fluttershy had received a scratch from the creature that would leave her with scars for the rest of her life.

Applejack, having seen the creature attempt to attack Fluttershy a few days earlier, had her lasso ready to rope the creature should she attempt another attack at Fluttershy.

Pinkie Pie had her party cannon ready to blast confetti to confuse the creature just in case.

Rainbow Dash was circling the pit in the air to pull Twilight and Treehugger out.

Twilight, while having a healthy dose of trepidation at approaching a large predator, walked towards her with a smile on her face and with eyes like shiny dinner plates.

She walked towards Fluttershy and Treehugger with a pen and notebook to jot down notes on this creature.

"I'm so excited to be the first one to study this creature in detail!" Twilight exclaimed quietly as to not wake the still-sleeping animal.

"I'm glad that you're excited, Twilight, But we have to proceed with caution. Remember a few days ago? We have to be careful. Our friends are on standby in case something goes wrong" Fluttershy said to Twilight.

Twilight's only response was to nod. She held her pen and notebook in her magic and walked a few steps towards the creature to study her in greater detail.

She immediately began jotting down notes about the creatures anatomy.

"This creature is obviously a predator. Yet, she seems to have attributes of both a reptile and a bird. She's covered in feathers and has jaws filled with teeth. The big claws on her toes are most interesting. Maybe she uses them for holding onto prey. The claws on her hands might make her good at grappling. The long tail could be used for balance. Powerful legs could make good at running and jumping", Twilight noted.

As she was distracted by taking more notes, she didn't notice that the creature's eyes shot open and were now looking right at her.


Vora's POV

Vora woke up to find herself back in that cursed pit again. But this time, one of the mammals was in the pit with her. This one was purple and had both wings and a spiral horn jutting from her forehead. To Vora, it was downright unnatural.

She took the creature's lack of attention towards her to see that she didn't feel sick anymore. It was as if all that pain and suffering were nothing but a bad dream. Vora stood up and looked directly at the purple mammal in case it tried to attack her.

The purple mammal suddenly turned to look directly at her. The two locked eyes for what seemed like an eternity until Vora snarled at the cursed thing. The purple mammal jumped back and her horn suddenly glowed with a bizarre purple light.

Oh, heck no! I know what that means! No way am I letting them hurt me again! Vora thought angrily.

Vora turned to the trees in the pit and had an idea. She took off towards the tallest tree in the pit and scrambled up the trunk with her claws. Now that she was healthy, she could climb up the top of the tree. Once she reached the top, she lunged towards the edge of the pit and escaped it completely.

"Oh, feather yeah!" Vora shouted in victory.

The purple mammal flew out of the pit and hovered over Vora. Wasting no time, Vora took off running as fast as her legs could carry her. She reached her top speed in a matter of seconds. She ran towards the wooded area of the pit place to get as far away from these horrible mammals as she could.

Vora looked behind her to see a whole pack of mammals chasing after her. They wanted to hurt her some more, she knew it. Maybe they wanted to kill her and eat her. There was no way she was going to let them get her again. She saw the forest get closer and closer within her reach.

A blue winged mammal with a rainbow-colored mane and tail zoomed before her and landed in front of her. This creature gave Vora an impressed smirk.

"Whoa! Easy there, girl!" the blue one said. "You're pretty fast. I like you. But right now, you have to just settle down."

Vora's response to that was to snap her jaws at least an inch from her face. Vora took advantage of the creature's surprise to run past her and finally make into the forest. The best thing she could think of was to follow the dirt path she saw and make it out.

The blue winged wing caught up to her again and tackled her. She actually tackled her, sending them both tumbling along the ground. The blue thing tried to grapple with her, but she was unable to get a good grip on Vora. Vora twisted her head around and bit down hard on the blue thing's right flank. The blue mammal screamed bloody murder and thrashed to free herself from Vora's jaws.

Vora threw the blue mammal to the ground who was trying to drag herself away. The rest of its pack caught up with them by this point. Vora then had an idea.

Maybe I should do something to scare them, Vora thought.

She set one of her feet on the crawling blue mammal's back and flexed her toe claw in a threatening manner. She then glared at the other mammals in a way that said "don't try anything or your friend gets a claw in her back". To really sell her point, Vora lightly tapped her toe claw against the blue mammal's back. They seemed to back off. Well, most of them; the green one stepped forward with an oddly calm expression.

"It's okay, little child of nature," the green mammal said. "Your body is returned to its natural function and your aura is one of health and vigor. We'll let you go free, now. May your days be blissful and your nights be restful."

Vora was suspicious of what this green thing just said. She didn't trust these creatures a bit, but if they tried anything, she would kill them without remorse. Slowly, Vora took her foot off the blue mammal who quickly scrambled back to its friends. She turned on a dime and took off. Vora turned her head back and saw that the mammals were no longer following her.

Vora eventually made her way out of the forest and saw an expanse of land before her. Now that she was free of the horrible colorful mammals, she could focus on finding her pack. She had to get back to her friends, her siblings, and her mate. She would figure out what to do later once she found her pack. But one thing was for sure: she never wanted to interact with those stupid mammals again.