• Published 15th Jun 2022
  • 449 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria's Dinosaurs: The Utahraptor Pack - Lord Shadow Eclipse



A pack of Utahraptors is transported to Equestria by unknown means. How will they survive in this strange world?

  • ...
0
 23
 449

Chapter 3

At the Castle of Friendship

Fluttershy and her friends were all gathered at Twilight's Castle for a slumber party. Even Starlight and Trixie were there. Spike was milling about making sure they all had food and drink, being Twilight's number one assistant.

Trixie had wanted to show the girls a new magic trick she had been developing. The ponies and dragon all gathered around the makeshift stage Trixie had built so that she could carry on the performance in her own style. Trixie, with Starlight dressed as a classic magician's assistant, emerged from behind the tall curtain with a large empty glass booth, a giant tank of water, a straitjacket, and some steel chains. The friends could all predict how this was going to go. Trixie threw back her cape and witch hat and struck a dynamic pose.

"Ponies and dragon! Tonight, the Great and Powerful Trixie shall perform the extremely dangerous 'Drowning Asylum Cell Escape'!", Trixie exclaimed.

Trixie turned her attention to Starlight. "Starlight! If you could please put me in the straitjacket?"

Starlight used her magic to slip the straitjacket over her friend. Once the straitjacket was on, Starlight wrapped the jacket's sleeves around Trixie's waist and locked the sleeves together. After Trixie's forelegs were thoroughly restrained, Starlight wrapped a really long chain around Trixie and locked it in place with a padlock. Trixie tilted her head towards the glass booth and the water tank.

"Now, I will be placed within the glass booth! The booth will quickly fill up with water! I will attempt to get myself free of the straitjacket and chains and escape the booth!" the restrained Trixie exclaimed.

Starlight had to help Trixie into the booth. Once Trixie was firmly seated in the booth, Starlight turned on the water. As the tank was filling up with water, Spike belched out a message.

Spike read the parchment and tapped Fluttershy on the shoulder.

"Fluttershy, you've got a letter from Treehugger", Spike said. Fluttershy had her attention focused on the stage magic trick.

"I'll read it later", she replied without even looking at Spike.

"I think you'll be really interested in what Treehugger has to say", Spike insisted.

"What's the letter about?"

"Apparently, a strange new animal has been captured just outside the city of Trottingham"

That sentence immediately got Fluttershy's attention. She took the letter and walked out of the room to read the letter in peace. Once the others were out of her earshot, she read the letter.


Dear Fluttershy,

I have news that you will find very interesting. An unknown new animal was found outside Trottingham. The poor dear was injured in the attempts to capture her. From the energy she was giving off, she is both scared and angry at the same time. Every time I try to treat her injuries, she just snaps at me. I could use your calming energy to help me help her.

Sincerely, Treehugger

P.S.- This is a new species of animal I've never seen before, so I'd like Twilight's brain to provide some insight as to how I can treat her


After reading the letter, Fluttershy was shocked to say the least. A new animal? One that was injured and refusing help? She would be on the first train to Trottingham immediately. She held the letter under her wing and went back into the room to inform Twilight of the letter.

The performance was already over by the time Fluttershy returned. The others were clapping their hooves at the performance. Trixie, soaking wet and free from the chains and straitjacket, was taking a bow with Starlight by her side.

Fluttershy walked up to Twilight.

"Twilight! I got a letter from Treehugger! She wants us to tend to an unknown animal that was captured and injured in Trottingham. She says that it's an animal no one's ever seen before" she relayed to Twilight.

Twilight's eyes and mouth widened. "An unknown animal?! Did she describe it?"

"No, she didn't. All she said was that the poor thing was injured during its capture and that it's snapping at everyone that comes near it", Fluttershy replied.

"I'd imagine the critter's not very happy being captured and injured by ponies", Applejack suggested.

"Apparently, Treehugger wants me and Twilight to go to Trottingham to tend to this animal and perhaps gain a better understanding of it" Fluttershy recounted from the letter.

"Me and Fluttershy will be on the next train to Trottingham tomorrow" Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash suddenly flew up to Twilight and Fluttershy. "Obviously, we're coming with you, too! I'd love to see this new animal Treehugger's found"

"I do hope the poor thing's not too injured", Rarity said in worry.

Rarity may be a fashion pony, but she did have a soft spot in her heart for animals. Her love for her cat Opal was proof of that.

"Okay! I guess we're all going to Trottingham", Twilight stated.

"I'd love to come with you all, but Trixie's got another show in the town square tomorrow and I have to assist with that", Starlight said.

"We will all go home and get ready to travel tomorrow!" Rarity said.


The Next Day

Twilight and the rest of their friends were all on the train on the way to the city of Trottingham. Fluttershy and Twilight were the most excited at the prospect of working with a new species of animal. The group of friends were all talking about what this new creature would look like.

"Maybe this critter's a predator", Applejack guessed. "If it was snapping at Treehugger whenever she got close, predator's the only thing that makes sense to me".

"Or maybe it's an herbivore. Herbivores can be just as dangerous as carnivores", Twilight suggested.

"I wonder what coloration it has. Perhaps it's colorful like a tropical bird", Rarity said.

"I think this thing is really fast if the reports we read were anything to go by", Rainbow put forth.

"Didn't Treehugger give you any description of what this creature looks like?" Twilight asked her animal-lover friend.

"Sadly, she didn't. I think she was more concerned with wanting me to help her treat the creature's injuries" Fluttershy responded.

"Either way, I can't wait to study this creature! If this truly is a new species, I intend to be the first one to truly study it!", Twilight cried out in glee.

The rest of her friends sighed with smiles on her faces. They were happy to see their scientist friend so happy. For now, they'll get some sleep. They had a big day waiting for them in Trottingham.


Trottingham

Treehugger was waiting for them at the train station upon their arrival. She hugged Fluttershy and smiled at the other friends with those same sleepy eyes. She smelled like mint and lavender, which worked to put others around her at ease.

"Heeeeeeey, Flutters. I'm glad you're here. I could really use your help with this poor creature", Treehugger said slowly.

"Did you try to use your sonic bliss technique?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course I did. But she only seemed to get even more aggravated".

"Whoa! If that didn't work, she must really be desperate!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Well, lead us to where the creature is! If she's still injured, she needs our help!", Fluttershy ordered.

Treehugger led the group to where the injured animal was being kept.


Vora's POV

When Vora woke up, she was greeted by shooting pain in her back and her head. She tried to stand up on her feet, only to tumble back onto the ground when the pain shot up her back and head. She looked around to see that she was lying on a bed of hay in what looked like another forest.

"Where am I?", she asked herself.

Using her claws to drag herself forward, Vora dragged herself for what felt like miles until she came across a tall cliff wall. As she looked around and behind her, she noticed that the entire forest was surrounded by these stone walls.

Maybe this some kind of pit I was dragged into?, she thought to herself.

As she tried to figure out how she got here, she came across the last things she remembered. She was trying to get away from those weird armored mammals with the pointy sticks. She remembered that one of them somehow blew fire at a tree branch. The branch fell on her.

Those horrible mammals! They're the reason why I'm stuck here! And if I'm stuck here, I can't search for my pack, she thought in anger.

As soon as she came to this infuriating realization, she heard and smelled a strangely sweet scent. She had never smelled something like that before. Was it some kind of flower native here?

The scent was coming from directly behind Vora. She turned around to see one of those awful colorful mammals that must've put her here. It was green in color and had top and tail fur that was bright red. She had this sleepy look in her eyes and was doing something creepy with her mouth. Her lips were somehow turned upwards.

"Hey there, sweetie", the thing said to her.

Vora was really angry at being called that. It's as if this inferior mammal thought it was her mate Velt. She couldn't abide by that.

Vora snarled and ruffled her feathers. It seemed like this monster wanted to get closer to her to do something to her. There was no way she was going to let this beast hurt her any more than she already was.

"It's okay. I'm just going to treat your wounds", it said.

There was no way Vora was going to believe that. The armored mammals captured her, hurt her, and put her in this pit to keep her from reaching the rest of her pack. How could these beasts be trustworthy?

The sleepy one was slowly approaching her with some kind of white fluffy thing in her foreleg.

I need to get this mammal away from me! I'll need to keep her away long enough for my wounds to heal on their own and then I can escape this pit, she thought.

As soon as the sleepy one was close enough, Vora shot her head forward and snapped at the mammal's foreleg. Unfortunately, the thing recoiled her leg before Vora could get her jaws around it.

"I see that you're full of negative energy from recent occurrences. Maybe you'll calm down with some sonic bliss", the mammal said.

What the feather did she just say?, Vora thought.

The mammal started making some kind of sound. It was the most awful sound Vora had ever heard in her life. It sounded like a screaming ceratopsian in the moments before it gets killed by a theropod mixed with the mating call of a male Microraptor. Her ears were starting to hurt from this horrible sound.

Vora couldn't stand it anymore. She couldn't take this form of sound torture anymore! Vora shrieked and cawed and barked frantically. That made the mammal stop making her noise.

"It seems I'll have to call my friend here", it said.

Now this thing was going to call its friends here? Vora would just destroy them if they get too close.

She would heal and get strong enough to get herself out of here so she could go find her pack. She should be able to do this much as an alpha.