• Published 1st Jun 2022
  • 2,917 Views, 940 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: IDW Comic Story - JesusG0987



What IF: The IDW story of the G5 MLP as Sunset, Sunny and their friends continue their adventure.

  • ...
3
 940
 2,917

Issue 3:

Issue 3:

Back at the Lighthouse, a few days later, the Mane 6 regroup back home in Maretime Bay after that tricked Discord pulled back in the ruins of Canterlot and took the Pegasus Crystal away to find a way to get past the protection spell to destroy it to be rid of all magic forever.

The Mane 6 are in the living room to think of a way to track down Discord and get the crystal back. But that’s easier said than done, consider Discord is the Lord of Chaos and can practically hide anywhere.

“How are we going to stop Discord in time if we don’t know where he could be?” Sunny asks the group, wondering what they should do and how to find Discord.

“I cloud ask my Pippsqueaks if they’ve seen him.” Pipp said with a smile, glad to have her phone recharge and a suggestion to let her Pippsqueaks know about Discord and if they’ve seen him.

“No, Pipp. We can’t let your Pippsqueaks know.” Sunset replied to Pipp’s idea. “Who would believe us if we tell them a certain Lord of Chaos from ancient Equestrian History is back and has taken the Pegasus Crystal and is gonna destroy it. They would either not believe us or it might cause an even more panic even more than it already is from your last livestream.” She said, while reminding that the last livestream Pipp posted caused a panic in Maretime Bay before they left and calm the public down when they got back, while also adding that since it took forever for everypony to believe Sunset is from ancient Equestria, it will be even tougher to tell them about Discord, since he’s from ancient Equestria as well, and they don’t have time for either.

“Sunset’s right, guys.” Zipp said, agreeing with Sunset’s words. “We don’t want to panic everypony. There’s gotta be a better way.” She said, trying to think of another way to handle this outcome.

“It’s tricky. Discord is the Lord of Chaos and can easily hide anywhere in Equestria.” Sunset started out, remembering the history of Discord from Celestia and from what Twilight told her about him. “But after what we saw, being alone in the caverns and the ruins of Canterlot for an awfully long time may have Discord a little rusty in his magic when all of the magic has disappeared before.” She added, stating that since the magic in Equestria has faded before, Discord may be rusty to use his chaos magic when all of magic has returned during his time in Canterlot when he was alone. “But even still, with the new layouts of the Equestra today, it’s gonna be tough to find Discord. He must’ve spent centuries in the caverns and possibly been watching Equestria changes over the years. He could be anywhere.” She finished, that since Discord had been around longest in the new age of Equestria while in hiding, he might have known the new layouts of Equestria of today. Which makes it easy for him to hide himself.

Izzy then spoke up with sparkle eyes and a rainbow at the back of her head. “Too bad we can’t track his luminescence. It was totally glitterific. Like a super shiny rainbow.” She said in excitement while also loving the glitter part, but also stating when they saw Discord use his magic, some luminescence was left beind as a result.

Zipp then placed a hoof on her chin as she thought of what Izzy just said. “True, but you might be onto something, Izzy.” She said as Izzy might have given them an idea. “We can try---” She was cut off when her phone started to ring. Zipp brought out her phone and see’s the contact name that her mother was calling. “Mom?” She asks when she answers the call.

Zipp, sweetheart, where are you? It’s almost time for me to leave.” Queen Haven answered through the phone, asking Zipp where she was since she’s about to leave soon.

“Leave?” Zipp questioned, wondering what her mother was talking about.


In Zephyr Heights Castle, Queen Haven is doing her mane while talking to her daughter on speaker from her phone.

“For my Unity Summit, Dear!” Queen Haven said. “You’re supposed to be dog-sitting Cloudpuff while I’m away.” She reminded the reason why Zipp should be here, because she needs her daughter to look after Cloudpuff while she has her royal duites, which is the reason why Cloudpuff hangs out with the Mane 6 from time to time.

Tha’t today?” Zipp asks through the phone, while completely forgetting about her promise to look after Cloudpuff. “But, Mom, we have bigger things to worry about!” She cried out, trying to tell her mother that they have bigger things to handle, but couldn’t tell her the true reason since they can’t start a panic or she would believe them about Discord.

“Bigger than my darling Cloudpuff? I doubt it!” Queen Haven cheered out, thinking that whatever they are doing can’t be that big, since she doesn’t know about Discord.


I’ll see you soon, dear! Toodles!” Queen Haven said to her daughter as she hung up.

Zipp sighs as she drops her wings since this outcome can’t be avoided. “So much for investigating.” She said to herself as she turned to her friends. “Mom is putting me on Royal Dog Duty. I want to help you ponies sleuth this out, not pander a prized pooch.” She told them the reason, while wanting to help them find Discord, not babysitting Cloudpuff at this time.

“That’s okay. This means you can look for leads in Zephyr Heights!” Sunny said while stating this is a good thing. Meaning that Zipp could look for any leads of Discord in Zephyr Heights since the old station was there, maybe there could be any clues on where Discord could be. “We’ll hold down the fort while you’re gone.” She assured Zipp that they will hold things here while she’s gone and see if there’s any leads of Discord here as well.

Sunset then spoke up. “Sunny’s right, Zipp. We can find any clues on where Discord is if we cover more grounds.” She added, saying that if they split up, they can cover more grounds to find Discord quickly. “We will stay in Maretime Bay to think of a way to find Discord while also guarding the two remaining Unity Crystals we have.” She said that they will continue to seach for Discord while also standing guard to protect the two remaining crystals that they still have, just in case Discord tries to steal them next.

Zipp sighs as she speaks. “Okay. I see your point. I guess it will help to find more clues in Zeyphr Heights.” She considers the idea of finding more clues if they split up.

Hitch then spoke up. “Go fulfill your Royal Duties, Princess. We’ve got this.” Hitch assures Zipp that they can handle things here while she’s gone, while giving a teasing remark on the word ‘Princess’ since Zipp is a princess.


Some time later, Zipp arrives in Zephyr Heights in time while Queen Haven, with Thunder and Zoom behind her while carrying her bags for the summit, is giving her daughter a list of things to take care of Cloudpuff while also giving some boxes that hold the things she need as well, and a ball on top for when Cloudpuff wants to play catch.

“...And if he hasn’t had his bath and paw message by eight, he gets grumpy, so make sure you’re on time.” Queen Haven listed out the last thing she told her daughter to do when taking care of Cloudpuff, just to make sure she remembers what to do.

“Yes, mom.” Zipp answered, getting every detail her mother just said.

Queen Haven then gives Cloudpuff one last nuzzle. “You be good, all right? I’ll be back tomorrow morning.” She said to Cloudpuff that she will be back tomorrow and hope Cloudpuff will be on his best behavior. She then placed Cloudpuff on Zipp’s head as she trotted off with a smile. “Have fun, you two!” She cheered to her two beloved as she headed out the castle.


Back in Maretime Bay, Sunset is looking at the two remaining crystals on the table as she keeps a close eye on them. She worried that Discord might take the other two just so he can make sure he has the others. If they get the Pegasus Crystal back from him, he will still have the other two crystals as backup to complete his plan to rid magic everywhere.

“Sunset?” Sunny’s voice called out as Sunset turned and saw Sunny coming in. “Are you doing okay?” She asks, wondering how Sunset’s feeling after the finding of Canterlot and Discord and his plan.

“To be honest with you, Sunny, not so much.” Sunset said, saying that she is not doing okay for the moment. “After the rediscovery of Canterlot, Discord appearing and his plan to get rid of magic, I’m having a hard time processing what we are dealing with. Especially since Discord is back.” She said while stating what they’ve experienced on their search for the Pegasus Crystal and how Discord is planning to destroy it to rid it of magic everywhere. “And not just that, I sorta feel sorry for Discord.” She said, which caught Sunny by surprise.

“You feel sorry for Discord?” Sunny repeated, wanting to make sure she heard her right. “Why would you feel sorry for him?” She asks, wanting to know why Sunset feels sorry for Discord.

“Sunny. Do you know who you're talking to?” Sunset asks, while pointing at herself. “A pony who was from ancient Equestria wanting to visit a long time friend, only to find out how much her home has changed and to realize all the friends she knew and cared for are gone. Does that ring a bell?” She asks retoricallly, while reminding Sunny on who pony they are talking about and that the earth pony was looking at her.

Sunny then widens her eyes in realization of what Sunset is getting at and what she means. “Oh. Right.” She then chuckled nervously. “Sorry. I guess I shouldn’t have asked that since you can relate to him.” She apologized to Sunset for asking that kind of question.

“That’s okay. No offence taken. But what Discord is going through is much worse for me when I return.” Sunset pointed as she turned her back to Sunny while looking at the crystals. “Discord is an immortal draconequus who lived for a long time since he’s the Lord of Chaos as he lived in Equestria much longer than anypony had before he became an ally and friend to Twilight and the others, but mostly Fluttershy considering how kind she was and was the first real friend Discord have ever made in his life.” She said while telling Sunny more about Discord. “My guess is that when the magic in Equestria faded and ponykind then came divided, Discord thinks that magic was the sort of problem that caused all this when ponykind fought one another, which is why he wants to get rid of the magic.” She stated the reason for Discord’s intentions for doing this. “And him outliving the ponies he onced cared for, with nopony or Fluttershy to comfort him of the pain he feels and what terrible things he sees in his time, Discord had nopony to help him and he was alone all these years.” She added the part where Discord feels alone with nopony to comfort him or help him with his pain, she feels sorry for the draconequus for being alone when all his friends are gone. “I may feel the same way Discord has felt, but I didn’t experience what he experienced. Since I just came back to Equestria and made new friends while rebuilding Twilight’s legacy, Discord has suffered worse than what I've been through since he has spent centuries in Equestria, and watching his loved ones come and go as he was left alone.” She said while seeing Discord pain and why he is doing this as Sunset turned back to Sunny as she continued. “Discord’s heart is in the right place, but he has taken the wrong path. And from what Twilight told me about him, Discord being so alone for so long and seeing something causing a problem and wanting to get rid of it anyway he can, Discord has lost reason to listen and think things through without the comfort of the onces he cared for. And since all of his friends are gone, he had nopony to turn to for comfort or advice.” She finished while seeing why Discord is doing this.

Sunny then looked at Sunset and processed the words she just said. And then lower her head down in sympathy. “Wow. I see what you mean. Now I feel bad for Discord going through something like that.” She said, while feeling bad for Discord.

Sunset sighs at this. “Discord means well, well sorta from what Twilight told me.” She said while recalling what Twilight told her about Discord that he can be troublesome from time to time. “But the point is, Discord wanted what’s best for Equestria, but his way is not right.” She said that what Discord is doing is wrong. “And we must find him and get that crystal back before he destroys it, and maybe we should help him.” She stated, while going to get the crystal back while also wanting to help Discord.

Sunny then looked in shock at what Sunset just said. “Help him? Are you sure?” She asks, wanting to know what she means.

“Sunny. Discord needs a friend. He’s been alone for generations from what you told me, and doesn’t have someone to comfort him.” Sunset told her that Discord needs help. “If you and the others haven’t helped me, I wouldn’t have embraced the changes of the new era of Equestria that I’m in and made new friends.” She said with a smile while looking at Sunny. “You helped me embrace the changes and have friends around, so we could do the same to Discord when we can.” She said that if Sunny and the others helped her, then why not do the same for Discord.

Sunny then thought for a second before speaking. “Okay. Good point. I see what you mean.” She said, getting what Sunset ment.

Sunset nodded her head in approval. “We will find Discord and get the crystal back and help him, but until then, we protect the two remaining crystals we still have. As long as one crystal is still intact, there is still hope for Equestria and its magic.” She said to the plan while looking at the crystals, saying that as long as one of them is still intact, there is still a chance. “But Discord will find the counter spell to break through the crystal protection spell. We must not haste until we find him the crystal before it is too late.” She determenly said, going to do whatever it takes to stop Discord’s plan and get the crystal back.

Sunny nodded her head with a determined smile, feeling inspired by Sunset’s words. “We won’t fail this, Sunset. Not now or ever.” She said as she walked towards Sunset.

Once Sunny is close to Sunset, the two ponies grab each other's hooves, making the promise of their mission determined and won’t stop until they stop Discord and get the Pegasus Crystal back.


Back in Zephyr Heights, Zipp is going through the list while Cloudpuff is on his bed.

“All right, Cloudpuff. I don’t have time for your whole routine today, so we’re going to have to compromise.” Zipp said that she has to make this quick to find clues about Discord so she has to be quick. “I couldn’t find ‘Fresh water from a crystal waterfall,’ but there was bottled water in the kitchen.” She said while giving Cloudpuff his bowl filled with regular water, as the dog just gives a boring expression, as Zipp continues reading the list. “And I may not be able to take you for an ‘Evening stroll around the promenade,” buuuut ....” She then placed a ball next to Cloudpuff, whose expression hasn’t changed one bit. “.... You can play with this while I’m gone!” She said to her pet as she walked off to the door. “I’ll be back soon, don’t worry.” She assured to Cloudpuff that she will be back when she can. She went out to the door as Cloudpuff still had the same expression.


Sometime later, Zipp is walking through Zephyr Heights to find any clues on Discord, which is hard to find.

‘How do I find a rogue draconequus with no leads?’ Zipp thought to herself on how she could find Discord without any leads to follow. She then sees a tail that looks like Discord’s tail. “AHA!” She called out as she thought she found Discord. She gave chase to the tail. “STOP RIGHT THERE!” She yelled out but once she saw the whole body, it was not discord.

“Uh, princess?” A Pegasus Pony in a dragon costume asks to know what is wrong.

“Horsefeathers, of course he’s not here.” Zipp muttered to herself while feeling embarrassed for chasing after somepony that is not discord. She turned to the pony. “Have you seen anything… extra weird lately?” She asks the pony, for anything weirder than him in a dragon suit, the dragon suit pony shook his head no before Zipp took to the sky. “Thanks anyway!” She called out to him as she flew away. Zipp then looks from the sky as she needs to find a lead. “Come on, weird chaos magic, where are you….” She asks herself while searching for anything with weird chaos magic to find Discord as she continues her search for clues.

Zipp then searches for any clues about Discord or anything related to him and his magic all day, from showing ponies the drawings of his body parts to see if they’ve seen anything like them, but to no results as the ponies have never seen them before.


Back at the castle, Zipp is carring a tray of dog food for Cloudpuff, while also feeling down as she hasn’t gotten any leads to find Discord all day.

“This is impossible, Cloudpuff,” Zipp sighs while Cloudpuff is covered in his blanket on his bed. “We just got our magic back. I don’t want to lose it all again.” She said while pointing out while putting Cloudpuff’s food infront of his bed. “I guess it doesn’t matter to you. You’ll always be spoiledm magic or not.” She said that Cloudpuff doesn’t need magic to be spoiled as she walks out the room. “Goodnight, Cloudpuff. Enjoy your dinner.” She said to Cloudpuff as she turned in for the night.


The next morning as the sun came up, the light shines in Zipp’s room as she gets up and yawns as she stretches her hooves.

Zipp got out of her bed as she flew to where Cloudpuff is as she rubs her eyes tiredly. “Hey, Cloudpuff. Not too long until…” She stops as she lets out a yawn. “...Mom gets back.” She said to Cloudpuff that her mother will be back soon. “How about you join me today for---huh?” She stops in midsection as she sees Cloudpuff dinner plates haven’t been eaten, not a simple bite out of place as it starts to smell. “Why didn’t you eat your dinner, little guy?” She asks Cloudpuff, but gets no response from him, which makes Zipp worried a little. “Cloudpuff?” She asks out, wondering if he is up or not and wondering if he’s okay. Zipp gets the blanket out and gasps in shock as she sees not Cloudpuff, but a beach ball with four taped up caps for the legs, with a face drawn in it, two triangle cardboards on the top with a piece of white hair in the middle.

Zipp got into panic mode as she searched the room for Cloudpuff, first she checked out the window for a sign of him and then check under the furinitures if he is hiding under but no sign of Cloudpuff. “Cloudpuff! Cloudpuff! Come on out, buddy!” She called out to him, but not even a bark from him. Zipp then sat on her flank as she covered her hooves in despair and worried. “This is bad! If mom can’t trust me with pet duty, how will she trust me with the whole kingdom?!” She cried out in panic, even though she doesn’t want to be queen of the kingdom, since she still has to find her own way with the whole detective thing. Her mother would never forgive her or trust to be in charge of things if she didn’t look after Cloudpuff. Zipp took a deep breath as she calmed down. “No time to freak out. I just have to get him back before mom get’s home.” She said to herself, going to stay calm so she can find Cloudpuff before her mother gets home today, but since it will be tough to find him, she needs help. Zipp took out her phone as she was going to make a call. “I just need a little help…” She said, going to call the one pony who can help her find Cloudpuff.


Back in Maretime Bay, Hitch then stopped an Earth Pony Stallion with glasses as he gave a strict look at him, while doing his sheriff time while also looking for any leads of Discord.

“Now, Sir, were you aware you were galloping in a trot-only zone?” Hitch told the stallion with a strict tone, before anything else could happen, Hitch’s phone started ringing. Hitch turns around and gives a cheery expression as he answers his phone. “Pardon me. Sheriff Hitch Trailblazer, at your service.” He said to the phone as the earth pony behind him just watched.

Sheriff, I need some backup. We have a critter caper on our hooves.” Zipp called out through the phone as she needs Hitch’s animal experience to help her find Cloudpuff.

Hitch then gives a determined look, knowing what Zipp means. “...On my way.” He said to her as he will be there right away. Hitch hung up as he faced the stallion he was talking to earlier. “You’re free to go… this time.” He strictly said to him as he gave a ‘I got my eye on you’ look while pointing his hoove between his eyes and the stallion’s to prove his point.


A little bit later, Hitch made his way to Zephyr Heights as Zipp filled him in about Cloudpuff’s disappearance and needed his help.

Hitch gives out a smirk at Zipp while holding the Cloudpuff dummy. “What did you call me in for? I thought Detective Zipp would want to handle this case on her own.” He teasly said, finding it funny from what Zipp said to them before the search of the crystal, that she would use her detective skills to solve the case, but now she needed help to find Cloudpuff.

Zipp smirked back as she spoke. “I have a couple of ideas, but I was hoping our local animal psychic might be able to help narrow it down. Besides, every good detective has a sidekick.” She said, while stating that a detective needs a sidekick to help them solve the case and playing around from what Hitch just said.

Hitch put the dummy down as he placed a hoof on his chest. “I’m not Psychic. Animals just speak to me. I’m also not a sidekick.” He pointed out that as he is an animal talker, he doesn’t read minds and doesn’t like being a sidekick to anypony. He then gestures to the untouch dinner that Cloudpuff left. “Look--- if he missed his dinner, I bet he’d try to get food somewhere else.” He suggested, guessing that Cloudpuff went to get food somewhere if he missed dinner.

Zipp then got a ‘lightbulb’ expression with a smile after hearing it. “You’re right! Cloudpuff is a picky eater, so…” She said as she and Hitch ran or flew out the room. “...He’d go somewhere with good food! I know just the place.” She took the lead of a play in Zephyr Heights that served good food that Cloudpuff might like.


A little bit later, Hitch and Zipp arrived in a place called ‘Chez Pedigree’, it’s the best place in all of Zephyr Heights to have a good meal as this would be the place Cloudpuff would go to. They talk to the pegasus stallion named Mr. Platter who works there if he has seen Cloudpuff.

“Cloudpuff? Yes. ‘E has a standing reservation with us. Came by just last night.” Mr. Platter said that he saw him and he was here just last night.

“Really?” Zipp asks with a hopeful smile before she recompose herself. “I mean-- Do you know where he went?” She asks, wanting to know where Cloudpuff went next.

“Hm…” Mr. Platter said, thinking about where Cloudpuff would go next as he thought for a moment before he spoke. “Ah! I do not know for certain, but ‘e and Queen Haven often head to the shops for redeo after lunch.” He said what Cloudpuff would do when he’s with Queen Haven, giving Zipp and Hitch a lead.

“Of course! Thank you, Mr. Platter.” Zipp said as she flapped her wings cheerfully as she got a lead to find Cloudpuff.

Zipp and Hitch began to walk off to their next lead as Hitch turned back one last time. “You’ve been a great help, sir.” He thanks Mr. Platter for the help.

Mr. Platter nodded his head in gratitude before calling out. “Good luck, Princess.” He called Zipp and her friend as they continue their search for Cloudpuff.


While searching around, Zipp and Hitch look at the bunch of shops around them if there are any signs of Cloudpuff as they walk through the street as ponies walk past them.

“See anything?” Hitch asks Zipp.

“Nope.” Zipp answered before she saw something. “Wait, maybe.” She said as she flew straight to a store that has a poster of Cloudpuff winking as it saids ‘Cloudpuff Approved!’ on it. “Well, that’s new.” Zipp commented as this is new to see, while having a feeling which store Cloudpuff went to. She entered the store as the bell on top of the door rang.

The shop owner saw Zipp come in as she waved to her. “Princess, how can I help you? Would you like to try our new oat mask?” She asks Zipp, wondering if she is here to try out the new products.

“No, thank you.” Zipp answered as makeup was never her thing and she doesn’t have time for it as Hitch gives a smile. “We’re actually looking for Cloudpuff. Have you seen him?” She asks the shop owner if she's seen Cloudpuff.

The shop owner then brought out a cardboard cut-out of Cloudpuff. “Why, yes, that sweet pup modeled for my new line last night.” She said what Cloudpuff did while he was here. “It’s a real bonus to have the Royal Pooch promoting my products, ya know.” She said how sweet Cloudpuff is to help promote her products to her customers when he’s part of the royal family. She then looked at the two ponies in confusion. “Did he not go back to the palace? I sent him off with one of my patented personal pampering packages.” She said as she thought Cloudpuff was back at the palace with some of her pampering packages she gave the pup as a gift for helping her.

“No. He didn’t.” Zipp sighs as she answers, seeing that Cloudpuff would’ve returned after going to this store but hasn’t.

“Did you know which way he went?” Hitch asks the shop owner, hoping that she sees which way Cloudpuff went.

The shop owner shook her head no, as she didn’t know which way Cloudpuff went as she brought out some of her products. “The city guard must have seen him on his way out, but I’m afraid I can’t help.” She said as she gave them a lead but she can’t help them as much as she already had. “Care to try some Mane Oil before you go?” She asks them if they want to try out her product.


After heading out of the store, Hitch and Zipp are trying to think of a way to find Cloudpuff faster, since asking the guard of many will take too long.

“We could ask the guards, but we’re running out of time. Mom will be home soon and we don’t know who was even here when Cloudpuff left.” Zipp sighs as she feels down and worried since Cloudpuff is still missing and her mother will be back soon. “It could have been anypony.” She said to Hitch as it could be anypony who saw Cloudpuff but it will be like finding a needle in a bunch of haystacks.

Hitch then turned his head as he saw a bunny waving at him, trying to get his attention as Hitch smirked. “Maybe we don’t need to find any pony.” Hitch suggested as he came closer to the bunny as it spoke to him. Zipp gives a confused look as she has no idea what it’s saying since Hitch is the only pony who can understand him. After speaking to him, Hitch then smiled as he gallops off while turning to Zipp. “Come on. I know how to find our missing pup!” He called out to Zipp as she started following him while flying.


Zipp followed Hitch who is following the bunny as they went to a ledge where more bunnies are around Hitch with the one he chatted on his back.

“These little guys say they know where Cloudpuff is.” Hitch translated to Zipp as the bunnies know where Cloudpuff is after having a little chat with them.

Zipp then gives a smirk to Hitch. “Good sleuthing, Hitch.” She congrats Hitch with his way of animals.

Hitch gave a proud expression as he spoke. “Hey, I’m a sheriff for a reason.” He spoke proudly about himself. “Now, let’s go get your dog back.” He declared as he pointed down the trench while looking at the bunnies. “All right, lead on, little buds!” He announced as the bunnies slid down the trench, with Hitch sliding down as well with Zipp following by flight as they followed the bunnies lead.


Once they’ve made it down the trench, the bunnies lead the two ponies to a wall.

“Are you sure they know where we’re going? This is a dead end.” Zipp asks Hitch in wondering if the bunnies know where they are going as they hope they didn’t drag them into a wall for nothing, and is still worried for Cloudpuff.

Hitch then got on his rear legs as he stood and about to touch the wall. “They say this is it. Something about it being a matter of---” Just as he was about to touch the wall, his hooves went right through it as he fell to the floor. “OOF!” He yelled out from the fall, having not expected that.

“Perspective!” Zipp cheered as she waved her hoof through the wall. “From pony height it looks like a solid wall, but for a critter like Cloudpuff it’s clear as day.” She said that while ponies are blind to this kind of thing, critters like Cloudpuff can see through it.

Hitch got up from the floor as he rubs his head. “Yeah. I definitely knew that.” He said, while trying to save himself the embarrassment of falling into the ground as Zipp went into the cave first as Hitch went in next. “So where is---” He was cut off midsentece when Zipp spoke up.

“Hitch, look.” Zipp said in an awed expression as she can’t believe her eyes on what she is seeing. She sees not only Cloudpuff, who has kiwis on his eyes while laying on a blanket, but they are in a cave with a waterfall in it as it gives off beautiful sparkles and looks that is a sight for a pony to see this beauty. “Whoa.” It was all that Zipp could say as she never seen anything this amazing before, but then regain her focus on she sees Cloudpuff relaxing near the falls. “Cloudpuff, what are you doing here? How long have you known about this place?” She asks her dog as Cloudpuff lifts the kiwi off his eyes.

“Hmph.” Cloudpuff simply huffed and looked away from her with his arms crossed.

Zipp then realizes why Cloudpuff is like this, because she didn’t take care of him while she was out finding a lead on Discord, and that hurt his feelings. Zipp came close to Cloudpuff as she sat next to him. “I’m sorry I didn’t take very good care of you, Cloudpuff. I promise to do better next time.” She apologized for not taking care of Cloudpuff yesterday while feeling guilty. “But mom will be home soon and she’s going to be worried if we aren’t there.” She reasoned with him, saying that if Queen Haven finds out that her daughter and her dog are gone, she’s gonna be really worried about them if they don’t return soon. “Come back with us, please?” She pleaded with Cloudpuff to come home.

Cloudpuff turned to Zipp as he smiled. “Bark bark.” He barked at her.

Hitch then translated for Cloudpuff so Zipp could get what he’s saying. “He says he'll come home as long as we don’t tell anypony about this place.” He translated, meanign that Cloudpuff sacred place must remain a secret so that he can have his own time for himself.

Zipp then gives Cloudpuff a hug as she smiles at him. “I won’t tell you if you don’t.” She gives a smirk and promise to Cloudpuff, as long as Cloudpuff doesn't mention him running off and Zipp losing him, she and Hitch will keep a secret of his sanctuary.

“Bark!” Cloudpuff barked, meaning that he promised to not tell Queen Haven of what happened and for Zipp to keep her promise as well.


Back at the Zephyr Heights Castle, Queen Haven returned, with glasses on and her time at the Unity Summit was fun, as she walked through the halfway with Thunder and Zoom behind her.

“Zipp, Cloudpuff! I’m home!” Queen Haven cheerfully called out to her two beloveds with a cheery smile.

Just then, Zipp, who is holding Cloudpuff, and Hitch came bursting through the doors, startling Zoom and Thunder as they came in as Hitch took a breath.

“Phew, we made it.” Zipp sighs in relief, but then they see her mother there as they give out nervous smiles. “I mean… Mom! You’re back! How wonderful.” She announced to her mother to stay calm. “We were just---” She was trying to make a cover story, but Hitch helped her out as he spoke.

“Getting some fresh air!” Hitch called out with a sheepish smile, finishing the covered story.

“Yup!” Zipp said in agreement, playing along to what Hitch just said.

Cloudpuff jumped out of Zipp’s hooves as he ran towards Queen Haven. “Bark Bark!” He barked at her as he jumped into Queen Haven’s hooves and gave her a lick on the cheek.

“Awww, Darling! I’ve missed you too.” Queen Haven said to Cloudpuff as she giggles at his licks. Queen Haven placed Cloudpuff down a bit in her hooves as she gave her daughter a smile. “Sweetheart, thank you so much for watching him. I hope he didn’t give you any trouble.” She said to Zipp, thanking her for looking after Cloudpuff but hopes he didn’t give her any trouble while she was gone.

Zipp gives her mother a smile. “Trouble? No trouble at all.” Zipp answered, while keeping her promise to Cloudpuff, as she looked at Cloudpuff with a smile.

Cloudpuff gives Zipp a smile back as he winks at her, keeping his promise as well while making sure to never tell any of this incident to Queen Haven as Zipp just keeps smiling at Cloudpuff, finding him the best dog she could ever have.


Back at the Lighthouse, Sunny and Sunset are standing around while Pipp and Izzy are playing cards to pass the time.

Sunny was then the first to speak. “Has anypony heard from Hitch? He was going to help me and Sunset follow up on a possible Discord sighting, But I haven’t seen him all day.” She asks her friends, wondering where Hitch is, since he didn’t have time to tell his friends on where he went, and they need his help to find any signs of finding Discord to get the Pegasus Crystal back.

“Yeah. It’s not like Hitch to not show. Especially since Discord is running amok with him trying to find a way to destroy the crystal to get rid of the magic.” Sunset adds, while stating that they need to find Discord to get the Pegasus Crystal back and they need Hitch’s help since he is good at sighting in Maretime Bay since he’s the sheriff, but didn’t know where he went when they were trying to find Discord.

Izzy then spoke up as she gave a card to Pipp. “Maybe Zipp will know! She’s supposed to be back soon, right?” She suggested that Zipp might know where Hitch went and is coming back soon after a whole day of watching over Cloudpuff.

Just then as Izzy said that, the door opened as Zipp and Hitch came in. “Was somepony asking about me?” She asks with a playful smirk after hearing what Izzy just said.

“Woo, called it!” Izzy cheered with her hoof raised in the air, totally predicted this as the ponies smiled at their two friends.

“Zipp! Hitch!” Sunny cheered to see two of her friends arrive. “What were you two up to?” She asks, wondering what the two ponies were up.

“Yeah. Hitch, we were waiting for you to help us find Discord? What were you two doing?” Sunset asks, wondering this herself as well.

“Oh, you know. Drama, adventure, mystery!” Hitch cheered while saying the topic of what they did today.

“Normal Dog-Sitting stuff.” Zipp finished what they did.

This caused the rest of the Mane 6 to laugh, finding this funny and true since Zipp was looking after Cloudpuff, which makes them think that Zipp called in Hitch for a little help since he’s had a thing with critters.

Unknowingly to them, Zipp and Hitch wink at each other, not going to tell them what they've been through while also keeping Cloudpuff’s secret place a secret. But right now, they have important matters to handle, like finding Discord, getting the Pegasus Crystal back, keeping the magic stable from fading as they have a mission to do.

End of Issue 3.