• Published 1st Jun 2022
  • 2,917 Views, 940 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: IDW Comic Story - JesusG0987



What IF: The IDW story of the G5 MLP as Sunset, Sunny and their friends continue their adventure.

  • ...
3
 940
 2,917

Issue 2:

Issue 2:

A while later, Zipp, Sunny and Pipp are still searching for the Crystal Thief in the skys. Pipp is beginning to grow tired while Zipp and Sunny are not, but Zipp is starting to grow bored from all this searching.

“I spy, with my pony eye…Another leafy tree.” Zipp said, while passing the borning time by playing ‘I Spy’.

Sunny picks up a leaf as she inspects it. “Ooh, they’re already beginning to shed. That’s going to increase the effectiveness of pollination and help them flower.” She explains the circle of plant growth that the leaves will do once they start to shed.

“If I fall right now, it’s not because of my magic glitched out. It’s because you’re putting me to sleep.” Pipp said tiredly to the two ponies, that all this searching and boredom is really putting Pipp energy down as she yawns.

“The trees are way too thick for the Crystal Thief to have gotten this far away.” Zipp pointed out that no way the thief would have gotten that far with the trees too thick like this.

Sunny then thinks of a plan. “We should regroup with the others. See if they found anything.” She suggested to see if the others have any better luck. The three ponies flew back to the spot where they spread out, while they flew, they saw Hitch and Cloudpuff in front of the cave.

“Down here!” Hitch called out to them from the ground.

“Hitch!” Sunny called out to her childhood friend as she, Zipp and Pipp flew down and landed on the ground. “Where’s Izzy and Sunset?” She asks that two of their friends are not here.

“I’ve been calling out to them. They should be here soon.” Hitch answered Sunny that he’s been calling to them for a while and might have guessed they heard him and might be on their way.

Zipp then notices Cloudpuff is pointing to the cave. “What’s got into you, bud?” She asks, wondering what is wrong with Cloudpuff.

Hitch answered as he got close to the cave. “As soon as you left, Cloudpuff raced off. I thought he was running towards something but turns out he was running away…” He then moved the vines as he showed the group. “...From this!” He finished as he and the others looked at what’s inside the cave. It was the Canterlot gates that were open, as Sunny gasps in shock while Pipp is disgusted from the mud in the cave while Zipp looks at the gate. “The door’s open. Bet we’ll find the Crystal Thief through here! How’s that for detective work?” He said while asking the last question to Zipp about her detective thing but ignored it as she looked at the gate.

Sunny looked at the gates in amazement as she covered her mouth with her hooves and she got sparkles in her eyes. “The sacred Gates of The Anicents!” She squeals in excitment as she grabs Hitch and shakes him like crazy, “My Dad used to read me stories. Back when Canterlot became home to the Royal Princesses, this gate was built to welcome travelers!” She continues to shake Hitch as she continues to speak. “Behind these gates is the most magical place on Earth! The very place Twilight Sparkle was coronated and became the Ruler of Equestria and was the home where Sunset Shimmer used to live… I’ve dreamed of coming here my whole life.” Sunny explains her life long dream of finding the place Twilight used to rule Equestria in as she stops shaking Hitch, who looks dizzy from all the shaking while Cloudpuff looks at them strangely. Sunny didn’t notice as she looked at the gate with a proud and exciting smile as a tear dropped from her eyes as they sparkled. “I made it Dad.” She said to herself, knowing that her Dad was right that she will find Canterlot one day.


Sunny and the other three ponies, and Cloudpuff, enter the gates as they see the ruins of Canterlot. Sunny look at Canterlot with excitments as the three ponies looked around while Cloudpuff sniffs the ground for any clues.

Pipp picks up what's left of the Canterlot banner as she cringes in disgust. “Yikes. You dreamed of cominger here? No offenese, but if the thief needed enough money to move out of this ghost town, maybe we should let him keep the crystal.” She pointed out, thinking the thief might need the crystal for money to get out of a ghost town.

Sunny turned to Pipp with a smile. “Nopony’s lived in Canterlot for a while.” She pointed out that nopony has been in Canterlot for a long while, I mean long, since the ponies were divided. “But I promise you’ll be able to feel the magic once we start exploring!” She said in excitement on wanting to explore the former ancient capital of Equestria. The four ponies look around the ruins of Canterlot as Zipp and Pipp look through a window as Sunny looks at the old buildings while waving her hoof in excitement. “Every one of these shops is a relic from the past, the Canterlot Culture lived here! Sunset used to live here when she was Celestia’s star student!” She explains to them while also remembering that Sunset told them that she used to live in Canterlot and was Celestia’s former student before she moved to the human world, having told stories from Sunset herself.

Hitch looked around. “Uh… Shouldn’t we wait for Izzy and Sunset?” He reminded them that they should wait for Sunset and Izzy, not wanting to leave them behind. Just then, they heard loud noises from inside the run-down building of Joe’s Donut Shop, which startled the ponies. Hitch gets in front of Sunny and shields her with his hooves. “The Crystal Thief!” He called out, thinking the crystal thief might be inside. The ponies come close to Hitch as he explains a plan to them. “The trick with these things is always to take the thief by surprise. So keep quiet and follow my lead.” He whispers to them the plan as he takes the lead as Sunny the others follow, they duck behind the walls as they duck under the windows so the thief won’t see them coming. Hitch then got close to the door as he gently opened it, and then burst it open as Sunny went into Alicorn mode and used her magic from her horn as she and Zipp came next to Hitch as they burst the door open. “You’ve been caught red-hoofed, Crystal Thief! Give us back the Pegasus Crystal!” He yelled out to whoever was in the shop, but it was a false alarm as they realized somepony, or should we say someponies.

“You made it!” Izzy cheered as she and Sunny were being leviated from Sunny’s magic while donuts were floating around them as Izzy was holding a tray of them before being levitated by Sunny.

“Hey, guys. Glad you could make it.” Sunset replied with a smirk while still floating in the levitation spell that Sunny cast.

“Izzy? Sunset?” Sunny said in surprise while also embarrassed that she traps two of her best friends in her magic. Sunny released them from her magic as Sunset and Izzy were put back on the ground, while the donuts fell into the floor. “How long have you two been here? Why didn’t you call us?” She asks them, wondering how long they’ve been in the ruins of Canterlot and why they didn’t come to them sooner as she deactivated her Alicorn maigc.

“We tried, but you flew too far away. So we came here to look for the thief ourselves. And I spent the last few minutes trying to calm Sunset down after she was crying her eyes out a short while ago.” Izzy answered while spinning the donut that is on her horn.

Sunny looked at Sunset with a quizzable expression. “You were crying, Sunset?” She asks the alicorn.

“Don’t give me that look.” Sunset replied. “How would you like it if you see your old home that you once knew in ruins after being away for so long.” She said while giving Sunny a look, telling her not to judge her if she was crying to see her old home in ruins.

Sunny thought what Sunset said while thinking of what she would feel to see Maretime Bay in ruins. She then took a deep breath and spoke. “Okay, I see your point.” She admittedly said to Sunset, finding her words fair.

Izzy then pointed the horn with the dohnut on it at Pipp while holding on in her hoof. “We’ve gotta try these donuts, They’ve been aged, like, a hundred years, which means they’re really fancy!” She said to them while holding the donut.

Sunset rolled her eyes at this. “Izzy. We came into this shop because I wanted to show you that this is where Twilight and her friends would hang out after their first night at Canterlot Gala and after the final battle with the Legion of Doom. And those donuts have been here for a really long time that they are no good.” She explained to the unicorn that Twilight told her that this was the place where Twilight and her friends used to go after Canterlot Gala and after the final battle with Cozy Glow, Tirek and Chrystalis, while also pointing out that those donuts are way past their expiration date.

Pipp cringe in disgust while the donut spins some gunk off from Izzy’s horn. “Sunset’s right. It’s not like cheese, Izzy. If you eat that, you’ll be sick for days.” She pointed out that if Izzy ate those donuts, she would be sick for a while.

Zipp then came headed for the door. “Well, we’re not going to find our Crystal Thief here. Looks like we’ll have to do some exploring after all.” She pointed out that they might have to search Canterlot to find the Crystal Thief.

“Yes!” Sunny cheered to herself that they will really explore the ancient ruins of the former capital of Equestria.

“Luckly, you guys have me.” Sunset called out. “I know Canterlot very well, like the back of my hoof. Remember, I used to live here. So I can show you around while searching for the Crystal Thief.” She pointed out to them that since she used to live in Canterlot, she knows the place inside out and knows where to go.

“Great call, Sunset! You can show us around as we search! I bet you are glad to see your old home again!” Sunny cheered for Sunset, happy to have her with them since she know’s Twilight and the other Guardians of Frienship while also knowing Canterlot very well.

Sunset wasn’t as happy as Sunny thinks, she is still upset to see her home like this. “Yeah. Glad you have me, Sunny. And you could say that.” Sunset said to her with a little sad tone as she walked out of the donut shop, taking the lead to guide her friends through the former capital of Equestria.

Sunny saw this and was a little worried to hear Sunset say that, but after hearing from Izzy that Sunset was crying after seeing what’s left of her old home, she starts to understand why as she walks out to follow the others, Hitch follows after.

Pipp sees what they are doing, still tired from all the searching, she grabs the donut on Izzy’s horn as she gives a nervous smile. “I actually will have this donut.” She said nervously to Izzy, thinking that if she eats this donut and gets sick, she doesn’t have to search with the. But before she could eat it, Izzy grabbed her and dragged her out the shop. “Hey!” Pipp cried out as she dropped the donut, now having to endure searching the ruins of Canterlot with her friends.


A while later, the Mane 6 are looking around the ruins of Canterlot as they search for the Crystal Thief. Sunset took the lead, knowing Canterlot very well, she knew her way around. Sunset was a little sad at seeing what’s left of her home in ruins, wondering who or how could’ve caused all this.

Sunny looked at the ruins of Canterlot, a little excited but a little down as well. “I can’t believe I’m here…” She said outloud, still not believing that she is actually standing on ancient Equestrian soil of her lifelong idols of Twilight and the Guardians of Friendship.

Izzy then came next to Sunny with a smirk. “I think you can believe it, and that’s sorta the problem.” She said to Sunny.

Sunset turned to Sunny, understanding what she meant. “Still shocked to see Canterlot before your eyes, Sunny?” She asks Sunny.

“Yeah.” Sunny answered to both Izzy and Sunset. “But seeing Canterlot like this…” She pointed out that she didn’t picture Canterlot to be in ruins like this.

“That’s what you wanted to create in Maretime Bay.” Izzy pointed out to Sunny, reminding her that she wanted the same thing to be created in Maretime Bay, but not fully understand what Sunny mean by it.

Sunny continues. “I always saw Canterlot as the perfect beacon of friendship. A place where Unicorns, Earth Ponies and Pegasi lived in harmony and no pony ever felt left behind.” She told them about her vision of what Canterlot would be, but seeing it in ruins wasn’t one of them. Sunny looks down the streat of the ruins of the once beautiful capital of Equestria and the place where Twilight and the Guardians of Friendship used to be. “...Makes me question how hard it would be to keep it that way.” She finished, wondering and hoping they would keep the harmony and not repeat whatever happened to Canterlot would not happen again.

“We are keeping the peace this time, Sunny.” Sunset’s voice spoke out as Sunny and Izzy turned to her and saw that Sunset had a determined expression. “We are going to keep the magic of friendship going and keep the peace this time. We have too. Twilight worked hard to unite the creatures of Equestria, and we also worked hard to keep the magic of friendship and harmony going while rebuilding her legacy. And we will get that Pegasus Crystal back and keep the magic going!” She yelled out as she looked at the ruins of Canterlot with a little sad look but kept determined. “We’re not going to let Twilight’s legacy be destroyed again, and I don’t want what happened to Canterlot or my Old Equestria happening again to the rest of New Equestria. And I’m not gonna let that happen again.” She said as she turned and continued to take the lead, still feeling the conflict inside her to see her old home like this and not wanting to let what happened to old Equestria happen again in the new era of it.

Sunny and Izzy looked at Sunset, feeling inspired by her woods and also felt sympathy for her that Sunset is seeing her old home in ruins and that her old friend Twilight’s legacy was broken, they understand how Sunset is feeling, and they would do anything to help her keep Twilight’s legacy going.

“Hey ponies!” Zipp called out to them from a distance, the ponies ran to her as Zipp pointed to a familiar place that Sunset knows too well. “Listen up, according to new evidence that’s just come to light, if we want to find the Crystal Thief, I believe we need to head to the Royal Castle.” She called out to them while pointing to the Royal Canterlot Castle, which surprisingly is still standing and has seen better days for sure unlike the rest of Canterlot.

Sunny was so fanmared out that she got hearts in her eyes as she squealed in excitement at seeing the ancient Royal Castle of Equestria that Twilight onced resided in. “The Royal Castle!” She squealed as she came to Zipp’s face and squished her cheeks in excitement. “You’re a genius, Zipp! You know the thief must be somepony with a power complex who would be drawn to the castle. They would also have the best view from up there to spot incoming threats!” Sunny called out the possibility that the thief would use the castle to see incoming threats.

Sunny let go of Zipp as the Pegasus rubs her cheeks from the squishing as she gave off an embarrassing smile. “Yeah…Of couse I realized all that…” She then pointed to the entrance of the castle that is open. “...And also, I might have seen the door being opened.” She pointed out the obvious question of the reason the thief might be in the castle.

The others looked on with a smile, while Sunny is lost in her little fanmare world as she smile and cry with tears of joy with magic dust over her head while Izzy is holding Sunny with a smile to keep her balance while Sunset patted Sunny’s head with a smile to calm her down a bit, knowing that Sunny is totally fangirling out that she is seeing the Royal Canterlot Castle before her eyes.

Sunset spoke after a moment of silence as she patted Sunny’s head with a smile. “You are really a fan of Twilight and the others by pure heart and you are so much like Twilight in so many ways, Sunny. You know that?” She teasingly said to Sunny, who just nodded her head in response while still lost in her dream come true world. “C’mon. The thief would be in the Canterlot Castle alright. Knowing that place it is the beacon of all of Equestria to see and overlook out in the open.” She said to them as she took the lead for the others to follow since she knows the castle better than anypony, the other smiled as Hitch spoke up.

“Get into formation around Sunset, everypony. We’ve got a thief to catch!” Hitch declared as the others followed Sunset into the castle.


A few minutes later, Sunset led her friends through the castle. Knowing the structure of the castle since she used to be Celestia’s star student, and with it having been redsign from the passing of time with new looks and new structures around from what Twilight send to her to see the redsign of the castle, the castle was just as Sunset remembers, more or less but the structure remain the same, just with new looks.

“This sure brings back memories of this place.” Sunset spoke out. Remembering the times she had while in the castle, from the first day when she was Celestia’s pupil all the way up to redeeming her friendship with Celestia during the whole memory stone incident. “I’m surprised the castle is still in one piece. Even after all these years. Glad to see some things are still in one piece.” She added, having fond memories of her time in the Canterlot Castle.

Sunny came next to Sunset with a smile. “You must’ve had good times for you, huh Sunset?” She asks her.

Sunset couldn’t help but smile. “It sure brings back memories of me learning about magic and how to make friends from Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, Sunny. I’m just glad the Castle is surprisingly in one piece after all these years. This is one of the relics left of Twilight and my friends back in the day.” She said to Sunny, glad that the Canterlot Castle is still in one piece after all these generations unlike the rest of Canterlot, and the Castle was one of the connections she has left of Twilight as well.

Sunny smiles back at Sunset. “I’m sure it does. Even I’m surprised this castle is still in one piece unlike the rest of Canterlot. But I wonder what else there is that this Castle might show like Twilight and the Guardians of Friendship!” She squeals in excitement, wondering what else Canterlot Castle might reveal for Sunny of anything in the history of Ancient Equestria of Twilight and her friends.

Sunset just smiled at Sunny’s enthusiasm. “Well, I’m glad you love ancient histories of Equestria and my time, Sunny. And you and the others are gonna be even more happy and amazed to a place where I’m leading you guys, and hopefully to our crystal thief.” She then leads them to a familiar door down the hall that she knows all too well, and that it has Celestia’s old Cutie Mark on it. “We open this door, and we will see if the crystal thief is inside. If not, I can show you something that might give you guys an interest to see.” She said to them as the group wondered what Sunset means and what’s behind this door.

“I’ve got the door!” Izzy cheered as she jumped infront of the door and concentrated her magic from her horn. “Come on, little horn-horn. You can do it!” Izzy strains as she tries to use her magic to open the door, but then her horn stops glowing. “Magic’s gone again.” She said in disappointment that her magic has faded again from the glitch.

“I still have my magic coursing through me. I can get this door open.” Sunset said to them, stating that her magic is not glitching and she can still use it. She step infront of the door and focus her magic into her horn. With a little effort, she got the door wide open, revealing the Canterlot Throne Room, which is still in one piece, stained glass of past events and all, maybe a little cobwebs and dusts and vines around and banners tattered from years of no pony to fix them, but still the throne room is in one piece. Sunset smiled as the others stared in amazement, while Hitch is still focused on the tasks of finding the crystal thief. “Welcome to the Canterlot Throne Room.” Sunset announced to them with a smile, glad that the throne room is still in one piece, as it has seen better days, that’s for sure.

Zipp and Cloudpuff flew around the throne room, seeing it in amazement while Pipp was looking around with teary eyes, she brought up her dead phone. “Click.” She said, still sad she can’t capture an ancient ruin of Equestrian history to her Pippsqueaks and still sad she still can’t use her phone since the battery is dead while Izzy looked around with a ‘ooohhh’ expression.

Sunny on the other hoof, is the most exciting mare in most of the group. Because she is seeing the very room that Twilight onced sat in while ruling Equestria as she gave up teary eyes, sparkles above her head while smiling with joy. “Princess Celestia, Luna and Twilight Sparkle all stepped hooves exactly where I’m stepping! EEE!” She squeals in excitement, very joyfull that she is stepping on the very room that the Princesses of Eqestria once stepped hoof in. Sunny then ran to Sunset and hugged her around her neck. “Thank you! Thank you, Sunset! You really made my day even more happy than it already has by showing me the Throne Room Princess Twilight onced sat in!” She squeals with joy at seeing the very room that Twilight once sat while ruling Equestria.

Sunset chuckles a bit before hugging Sunny back. “You’re welcome, Sunny. I figure you will be like this, since you know the history of Twilight and the others as well as know the true history of old Equestria. And I’m just glad the throne room is still in one piece. I’m surprised it survived all this time, including the tapestries stained glass as well. Unlike the ones back in Zephyr Heights’ station.” She pointed out as she and Sunny let go of the hug, glad that the tapestries stained glass windows are still in one piece as she looks at the picture where Twilight once became an Alicorn with her friends around her, she gave off a sad smile, still missing Twilight but knowing that she is always be with her and the new generation as her spirit lives on and her legacy still thriving.

As Sunset looks at the tapestries, Sunny is fan maring out as she twirls around the throne room while having sparkles in her eyes in amazement as she is close to throne chairs with Hitch behind her. “History has been made in this Throne Room a thousand times over…And it’s still standing!” She excitedly said about the throne room still standing. “Even after all the attacks from Queen Chrystalis, the Storm King and King Sombra. Can you believe it!?” She asks her friends in amazement while going through the records she and her father read on how many dangers and history has been made in the throne room.

Hitch then spoke out to her while waving his hoof. “Sunny! Now is not the time for fanponying.” He said to her that it’s not the time to be fanponying over ancient history, he’s amazed about this himself but onto the more pressing matter at hoof. “The Crystal Thief was clearly calling us here, so we can assume this is a trap. We need to stay vigilant.” He stated that this might be a trap if the thief drags them into the throne room. Sunny then went to the tapestry of Twilight that Sunset is looking at as Izzy looked on in amazement, Zipp is petting Cloudpuff while Pipp is still sad about her phone as Hitch looks around the throne room. “Look for any signs of movement. In front of you, behind you.” He instructs them as he looks around, but not noticing that the girls and Cloudpuff all fell to the trap doors on the floors that they are standing on as they fell through them as Hitch continues. “We need to be completely aware of our surroundings. Because if we’re not paying attention…” He then turned his head around to face the others. “...We could be in big…” He stops as he looks in shock that friends are gone and the trap doors below are open. “...Trouble.” He finished, right before he fell into the trap door that opens as well, she cried out in shock as he fell through the trap.


Hitch falls through the trap as he screams a bit before he falls right on a chair that cushions his landing, leaving him dizzy from the fall and a little shaken.

It then reveals that the Mane 6 who are a little frazzled and shocked from the fall, except for Izzy who is smiling, are sitting on what looks like a dinner table with snacks on it.

“How cute is this?!” Izzy cheered in excitement, finding it cute to see a dinner table and the snacks set up right before them as she grabbed some of them. “Somepony invited us to a Tea Party! And these donuts look delicious! Maybe not as fine a vintage as the ones earlier, but C’est La Vie---” She was cut off when Zipp spoke up.

“I think this is more of a filly-napping than a party invitation, Izzy.” Zipp pointed out while sweating nervously, wondering who kidnapped them.

Izzy then picks up a card with her name on it. “Would a Filly-Napper have made us homemade place cards?” She questioned Zipp that the Filly-Napper wouldn’t have put in place cards that show where they sit and have their name on it.

Sunset was getting a strange vibe from all this. “Why do I get the feeling I heard about this type of thing before?” She questioned herself, finding a familiar sense that Twilight showed and telling her about this, thinking she heard of this familiar thing before.

“Reginald Fursome is the one who made those place cards.” A voice called out to the group.

The Mane 6 are all surprised by the sudden voice as they turn, and they see an Opossum on the floor with a card around his neck. “Meep.” It said to the group, before justuring behind him on who really spoke to them.

And they saw from a cave entrance, a hoof came out as the Opossum ran to its owner. “He’s an annoyingly needy kind of creature…” And then, surprisingly, the one who is walking out of the cave turned out to be none other than Discord, the Lord of Chaos himself, friend from Twilight and the Guardians of Friendship and a deep friend to Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness he deeply cared about with animals like a bunny, squirrel, and a raccoon behind him.

Discord is really old from how much time has passed since Twilight once ruled Equestria. His hair, beardchin and tail hair are all white and long, his wings looked tattered up, his ears looked a little bit tear up, and his left horn on his head is broken, with the top part broken out over time.

“...And will ‘Meep’ at the top of his lungs whe he eats berries on the carpet, even though I tell him that juice is hard to scrub out.” Discord continues his sentence on Fursome as the Opossum smiles. “But unfortunately, he also has a very creative eye.” He added. “My old friend Fluttershy used to say all opossums do. And what I’ve learned is that if you’re not paying attention to Fluttershy, you’re not paying attention to what really matters.” He finished with a lesson that Fluttershy taught him all those years again, and still remembers it too.

Sunny then gasps in shock at who she is seeing as she pointed a hoof at Discord. “Your DISCORD!” She cried out in amazement. “The Discord! The lord of chaos, who was friends with Fluttershy, who helped Starlight Glimmer, Trixie, and Thorax to save everypony from the Changelings!” She squeals in excitment, reading about the history from her father’s notes.

Sunset couldn’t believe her eyes at what she was seeing. She is really seeing Discord, the lord of chaos for the first time. She had read about him before during her time with Celestia and from the notes and pictures Twilight showed her about Discord and the troubles and a little friendship times she and her friends had with him. And she thought she was the only pony left who knows Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6 and their influences left, but seeing Discord made her happy that she is not the only one after all, but a little weary since she heard about Discord and how he deals with chaos and all.

Discord came closer to Sunny as he spoke to them as Sunny is covering her mouth with her hooves while having stars in her eyes at seeing Discord herself while the others, except for Izzy who is eating a donut, looks suspicious about him. “And you are Sunny, Hitch, Pipp, Izzy, Zipp and…” He then looks at a certain Alicorn besides Sunny. He gave off a smile once she saw Sunset. “Sunset. So glad you finally returned to Equestria after all these years.” He said to her, giving off a smile.

Sunset was a little shocked by this. “You know who we are?” She asks Discord, wondering how he knows them when they haven’t met before until now.

“Of course I do. I am the lord of chaos, I know reality like it’s the back of my paw, that’s how I know everypony. And Twilight spoke very highly of you from the times she spent with you.” Discord answered Sunset’s question, which Sunset brought a smile on her face that Twilight spoke very highly of her to her friends when she was away as Discord continues. “There’s nopony who comes to Canterlot without me knowing about it, and… usually there’s nopony who comes…” He then stands up straight with a cheerly smile to the group. “...But today’s an exception. I’m so delighted you could all make it to my little soiree!” He cheered happily, glad that he finally saw ponies after all these years to hang out with.

“Woof!” Couldpuff barked at Discord, while the others, except for Izzy, were unsure about this.

Izzy then leaned her head closer to Zipp while still eating the donut. “You see. It was an invitation.” She said to Zipp who gave her a look, still not buying what Discord said.

Discord then grabs a teacup and takes a bite out of it. As he chewed the piece of it, Sunny spoke up, barely keeping her excitement in check. “Mr. Discord, I have so many questions to ask you---Like, so many.” She said to him, wanting to ask so many questions about him right now, but gone straight to the point. “One of the Unity Crystals was stolen. And we followed the thief here to Canterlot. Sunset showed us around since she used to live here, but we still can’t seem to find the thief. You wouldn’t happen to have seen the thief around here, would you?” She asks while holding her chin with her hooves as she looks at Discord with a nervous smile and sparkles over her head and on her eyes, really excited to see another ancient pony, or creature, who knows Twilight so well like Sunset.

Zipp and Pipp both place their hooves on their heads, finding not the right time for Sunny to fan out and for giving that information to Discord. “Smooth.” Pipp said to Sunny as she twirled her phone around.

Discord placed the broken teacup down as he spoke with a smile. “The thief is exactly why we’re having this soiree! There is so much to tell, and it all begins with a dramatic story.” He said to Sunny as he placed his talon arm up and snapped his fingers, but nothing happened. “There goes my magic glitching out again. Standby!” He said to the others, that his chaos magic is glitching out as well. He cracks his hands while he stretch as Fursome came over him with a rope. Discord pulled the rope down, and then suddenly a stage appeared as the tarps cleared out and Discord was somehow on stage as he strikes a pose.

The Mane 6 stares in confusion, except for Sunny (since knowing Discord’s magic from her notes), Izzy and Sunset (since having heard of Discord from Twilight and how he does), wondering how he did that.

Hitch holds up a pamphlet about Discord that suddenly appears in his hooves. “Has that stage been there the whole time?” He asks, a little shocked and wondering how that stage is here.

“Twilight told me that Discord is known to be the lord of chaos.” Sunset answered Hitch. “His magic can make the impossible possible. He can do the strangest things from time to time, kinda like how Pinkie Pie can do the impossible and gives out questionable outcomes that can never be questioned.” She added, knowing the details about Discord and his magic from Twilight.

Pipp then spoke. “Well, that lightning is completely oversaturating him. It’s very unflattering.” Pipp pointed out the details about the stage, finding it unflattering for Discord.

Izzy then grabs some popcorn from out of knowhere as she munches some. “Anypony want popcorn?” She asks her friends but gets no answer as they watch Discord on the stage.

Discord then spoke out as Fursome plays the music and a scroll appeared infront of Discord as he reads it outloud. “While age has been exceedingly kind to this handsome Lord of Chaos, many moons ago, when I was but a spry draconequus, I was part of a high-flying group.” He said as flashbacks then appeared.


Flashback (Discord Point of View).

Discord then had a vision of the Original Mane 6, the Elements of Harmony back in the day in the 30 years after the final battle with the Leigon of Doom. He pictures them like it was only yesterday as he remembers his dear friends.

“It was Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and me fighting the good fight.” Discord told them while adding himself, sure he might cause some mess-up mistakes but his friends, and mostly Fluttershy, still cared about him back in the day. “Our fans called us the Mane-Ificent 7.” He said, while boasting him to be part of the group, even though it’s not true but he wanted to be in the picture as well.

Hold Flashback (Discord Point of View).


Sunny then whispered to Hitch and Sunset next to her with a smug look.

“The history books might have a few corrections on that one.” Sunny whispered to them as Sunset nodded her head in agreement as Hitch listened carefully, finding Discord’s backstory to not be 100% true since Twilight and the others are called the Mane 6, and Discord wasn’t always part of the group.

Fursome then came to Sunny with a sign that saids ‘Save your comments until the end, Sunny.’ on it. Sunny looks at the sign and is bewildered at it.

“Did you juse have that sign ready to go?” Sunny questioned Fursome, who then turned the sign around that now read ‘Yes. We did, Sunny.’ on it as Sunny gave a pout, now have to stay quiet until the stage thing is over.

Sunset patted Sunny’s back. “Let’s just go with it until the stage thing is over, Sunny.” She assures Sunny that she will make comments after the stage is over, Fursome picked up another sign that said ‘Listen to Sunset. She knew the rules.’ to which Sunny nodded her head in saying okay, but still pouted that she can’t speak for the rest of the show.


Flashback Continues (Discord Point of View).

Discord continues his story as he revealed more scenes of the Mane 6 when they got older as Twilight shoots a rainbow magic out from her horn. “We were quite the heroic little team, but truth is, when Twilight first took over as Ruler of Equestria, there wasn’t much for us to do.” He pointed out that since Twilight took charge as Princess of Equestria, there wasn’t much the rest of the Mane 6 would do after their final battle. “Twilight made sure everypony in Equestria felt respected and cared for, and we all lived in---what’s the opposite of chaos? Ah. Yes---.”

Discord then gives his hands the ‘An I quote’ gesture. “--Harmony.” He finished, not liking saying the opposite of chaos since he is practically chaos himself, but has to say for Fluttershy’s lessons she taught him to behave as he continues his story.

During those quiet years, Fluttershy and I created an animal sanctuary and took a few proteges under our wings.” Discord said while showing him and Fluttershy taking care of the animals in the sanctuary while teaching a few ponies about them so Fluttershy shared her kindness to others. “We taught them to care for all the creatures of the Everfree Forest. It was pure and utter bliss.” He said that everything turned out great as peace and harmony has been great in Equestria for years.

And then he showed a vision of a pony mare with a long horn on her head as well as pointy ears and a sinister look. “Until a wicked pony came along…” He said in the low tone of that pony. “...One who caused pandemonium with her false ideas of a Perfect Equestria.” He said, hinting that this pony must have done something with her false ideas. Discord then shows a vision of the pony skipping in front of Fluttershy and the pony next to her when they are about to buy some flowers. “Those who listened to her started believing some races of pony were better than others simply because of the magical abilities they possessed.” He said as Fluttershy and the pony gave the line cutter a little glare.

So sorry, but you need to wait your turn like everypony else.Fluttershy retorted softly to the line cutter.

The line cutter pony stared back at Fluttershy. Unicorns have better things to do than wait in line.” She retorted back at her with a mean look. And the next thing she did was shove Fluttershy to the ground with her flowers on the floor, ruined as the line cutter walked away. Leaving the ponies around her shocked at what she did to Fluttershy as she was about to cry. But thankfully Discord showed up to comfort her.

“It’s okay.” Discord said, comforting Fluttershy as she was about to cry,

But it was far from okay.” Discord keeps telling as he showed them that the ponies around Ponyville are now arguing and are complaining about each tribe. “One instance led to another, and soon Ponykind found themselves divided.” He told them that the ponies are now dividing themselves about their differences.

Sorry, young fella, but we only allow Earth Ponies inside.The baker stallion said to the Unicorn foal as he showed the no unicorns sign.

Another unicorn and an earth pony next to them glare at each other.

A Pegasus was flying by over the couple earth ponies. “Watch where you’re flying!” The Earth Pony stallion yelled out.

“These Pegasi are absolute hazards.” The Earth Pony mare added.

And then came to the scene at the sanctuary where Discord and Fluttershy found out they’ve lost their proteges. “Our filly proteges stopped attending our sessions…” Discord said in a sad tone.

“My parents say there’s nothing for me to learn from a lowly Pegasus who can’t even leviatate and apple.” The Earth Pony Filly said in sadness that her parent’s can’t let her attend Fluttershy and Discord’s lessons anymore, leaving Discord and Fluttershy hurt.

“It was all very upsetting, but I knew I had it together for Fluttershy.” Discord boast, but he made that up as he is wailing his tears out as Fluttershy tries to comfort him.

“She didn’t really mean it, Discord.” Fluttershy said to Discord is a soft voice. “Her parents are just scared, that’s all.” She tries to reason with him as he continues to cry.

And then it showed Discord and Fluttershy, along with a couple of ponies, trying to out run or fly from a dark thundering cloud that is attacking Equestria. “Then truly terrible things happened. Much which is far too frightful to describe. Things in Equestria became even more divided.” Discord pointed out with Equestria even more divided than before, darkness and trouble happened in Equestria that it was too awful for him to describe what kind of trouble.

And then turned to Twilight and her friends. Twilight used a magic spell from a book that she used to create the three Unity Crystals that are seen on this day. “To make sure magic never again pitted Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth Ponies against one another, Twilight gathered all the world’s magic and placed it in three crystals.” Discord revealed that Twilight and her friends were the ones who created these crystals so that it will keep the tribes and all the creatures together.

And then turned to Ponyville where Ponykind forgave one another and apologized for their complaints to each other while Pinkie Pie and her son Lil’ Cheese are about to use their new cannon named ‘Glitter Blast 3000’ to all the ponies in Ponyville. “As long as these three crystals were protected, and all Ponykind lived in harmony, magic would be kept alive and well in Equestria.” Discord finished his story.

End of Flashback (Discord Point of View).


Once Discord finished his story, he sat on the stage as he began to tear up from telling them about his past, missing his friends and missing his Fluttershy as well. Fursome holds up a sign that said ‘Applause’, telling them to applause to Discord for telling his story. Pipp and Zipp applauded, Zipp and Hitch looked at each other strangely, while the others just looked at Discord.

Sunny and Sunset came to the front stage as they came up in front of Discord. Sunny spoke first. “So it was Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy who created the crystals…” Sunny stated, now knowing where the crystals come from and who made them from what Discord told them.

“And they were created because Ponykind was fighting one another and it nearly caused chaos and nearly caused the destruction of Equestria.” Sunset added, Discord nodded his head in saying yes to both of them. And then a realization hit’s Sunset. “Wait, you also mentioned that Twilight took all the world’s magic into the crystals. Right?” She asks as Discord nodded his head in confirmation. “But by the time I came back to Equestira, my magic was still with me even when I enterned a time when nopony else had their magic. Maybe because since I was out of Equestria for many moons, my magic is not connected to the crystals to begin with! That’s why I didn't feel any magic glitches when the glitch started and why I still have my magic when I return home, because my magic is not connected to the crystals!” She stated that since she was out of Equestria at the time before Twilight created the Unity Crystals, her magic is not connected to the crystals unlike the rest of Equestria and every magical creature in it.

Zipp then thought of what Sunset said and then gasped. “You're right, Sunset. You were in the human world before the magic of Equestria was stored in the crystals. That explains why your magic is still with you when we first met you and why you haven’t felt any magic glitches, which makes you immune to the crystal's effects.” She said, while also detailing how Sunset still had her magic when she returned home and why the glitch hasn’t affected her.

Sunny then turned to Sunset with a smile. “At least that’s one good thing about being away from home for so long, Sunset. At least your magic is not connected to the crystals and since then, you helped us alot.” She said the times when Sunset helped them when they restored the magic and brought the tribes together, Sunset has helped out quite alot. Sunset smiled at what Sunny said before Sunny turned back to Discord with a worried look. “Discord, you need to help us get that missing crystal back so we can keep magic alive and protect their legacy.” She told Discord that they need to get the crystal back to keep magic going and keep the Guardians of Friendship legacy alive.

“She’s right, Discord. We can’t let Twilight and the girls' legacy die in vain. We need your help to get the crystal back and keep their legacy going.” Sunset added, wanting to keep Twilight’s legacy and hard work alive.

Discord then gave them a look. “My dears, Sunset and Sunny, that’s not what I wanted you two to take from my story.” He said to them that’s not what he wanted after hearing the story. “I told it to you both so you might question if society without magic might actually be a more peaceful one.” He said the reason for the story.

Sunset and Sunny then realizes what Discord said, while putting two pieces together. “Wait.” Sunny said, now realizing what Discord means. “You stole the Pegasus Crystal.” She called out while pointing a hoof at Discord.

Sunset thought the same thing. “You were the one who stole the crystal from Sunny’s home, and been causing all this magic glitch that is affecting everypony who’s magic is connected to the crystals. It's been you all along!” She glared at Discord, now realizing how he stole the crystal and how he escaped them so easily in the woods, since magic returned, so has his Chaos magic, which gives him the advantage he needs to take the crystal and escape them pretty easily.

Discord then confesses his actions. “When you reunited the crystals and magic was restored, I panicked. I didn’t want Ponykind to turn against one another again, so I just… took it.” He explains his reason for taking the Pegasus Crystal, since he thinks magic was the problem, he thought by getting rid of it, he doesn’t have to see Ponykind fighting against each other again.

Hitch was not happy about this as he gave off a mean look as his veins on his forehead appeared. “Stole it.” He repeated the word Discord said in a mean tone.

Pipp saw this and placed a hoof on Hitch to stop him from doing something he might regret. “Don’t anger him.” She advised him not to make things worse.

Zipp the spoke up. “And what exactly are you planning on doing with the crystal now?” She asks Discord what he's gonna do to the crystal now that he got it.

Discord then spoke out to them. “I’m not sure… That’s why you’re all here!” He cried out to them the reason he brought them here, not really thinking things through now that he got the crystal but doesn’t know what to do with it. “It’s too big a decision for one Lord of Chaos to make his own.” He said his reason to them.

Sunny spoke out to Discord. “The answer is easy. Accepting what makes ponies unique and sparkle is what creates unity. We need to embrace each pony’s magic, not strip it away from them.” She gives Discord the wisdom of the right choice that he needs to make.

“Discord, magic isn’t the problem of all this. It’s the ponies themselves.” Sunset pointed out. “From what you just told us, the ponies were arguing with one another because of somepony that is a stranger to all, even you. All that arguing causes us to not embrace other pony differences which cause the magic to be out of balance. Like the Windigos.” She added the reason to the divided reason of the ponies. “Maybe the magic was out of whack because the ponies couldn't settle their differences back then, but we learned to embrace things and get along with each other. And we can’t have the magic strip away from them, they have to embrace the magic to keep harmony going.” She told him with her wisdom of magic and harmony that ponies can get along if they learn to embrace each other and the magic as well to keep magic going and keep the peace.

“Agreed.” Hitch agrees to Sunny and Sunset words.

“Same here.” Pipp agrees as well.

“You got it, Sunny and Sunset!” Zipp cheered to the two ponies, agreeing with them as well.

Discord came down to the stage and looked at Izzy. “And what about you? You’ve been quiet, and I would very much like to hear what you think of all this.” He said, wanting to hear what Izzy thinks of this.

Izzy then speaks. “I agree with Sunny and Sunset. Everypone should get their magic back.” She said to Discord.

Discord notices that Izzy is not all that excited to have the magic back from her expression. “You don’t seem so sure about it though. And I can’t help but wonder if it has something to do with you and Sunset’s arrival in Canterlot. I’ve noticed that you two came in on your own and I can tell that you feel off about this, Izzy.” He said to the unicorn,

Izzy then gives a sheepish smile. “Oh, well that’s because we split up so Sunny, Zipp and Pipp could use their magic to fly above the trees and Hitch could use his magic with the forest critters while Sunset kept me company.” She told him the reason why she and Sunset came into Canterlot on their own.

“And you were about to get left behind if Sunset didn’t stay with you.” Discord added up that if Sunset didn’t stay behind with Izzy, she would’ve been alone.

“It wasn’t exactly like that…” Izzy tries to reason with Discord that it wasn't like that, but feels like it.

Discord gives Izzy a sympathy look. “I see so much of Fluttershy in you Izzy…” He said in a sad tone that he sees Fluttershy in Izzy after nearly being left behind. “...During those years, she also made excuses for others. But I could see how much it really hurt her. Just like I can see how much it hurts you.” He said to Izzy as it must’ve hurt her of almost being left behind. “It’s hard to feel left behind because of the magic you don’t possess.” He said, while also feeling that pain when Discord lost Fluttershy from the ravages of time, he may be the Lord of Chaos that can bend reality, but there are some things that he can’t control. And one of them is losing someone he cared for so much.

Sunset sees Discord expression as she remembers what Twilight told her about him through her journal. Discord was really attached to Fluttershy because of how kind she was and was Discord’s only real friend he first made. After learning how well Fluttershy and Discord get along, they always care for each other and their friendship. So with her gone, Discord feels left behind in Equestria once more, with no friends to support him, which makes Sunset feel pity for Discord for being alone after all these years.

Discord expression changes as he clenches his claw hand. “But I’m going to fix it for you, Izzy.” He then found his new reason as he opened his claw hand and magically brought the Pegasus Crystal in his hand with a determined expression. “To truly rid of division magic creates, it now seems there is only one answer.” He said as the Mane 6 listened to him. “No more mutants.” He said which earned strange looks from the Mane 6 before he continued. “I kid. I kid.” He joked before he got serious. “I must destroy the crystal and get rid of magic once and for all.” He declared, earning shock expression from the Mane 6, especially Izzy since Discord is doing this for her now.

The rest of the Mane 6 gave off determined expressions. “That’s not going to happen on our watch.” Sunny declared as she summons her Alicorn magic as it takes form.

“There’s no way we let you destroy the one thing Twilight worked hard to create and the thing we worked hard to restore.” Sunset declared. Seeing that Discord lost his mind from being alone for many moons and thinking magic was the reason that the ponies were divided. And there’s no way they would let him destroy the magic by destroying the crystal.

Sunny spoke out again. “Come on, ponies. Let's make sure this number’s a real showstopper.” Sunny declared to her friends as they stood ready and flew straight to Discord to get the Pegasus Crystal back.

Sunset then remembered what else Discord could do. She turned to Sunny who is about to attack the Lord of Chaos. “Sunny! Wait!” She cried out to her but Sunny is too determined to get the crystal back.

Discord turned to Sunny with a smug grin. “You love Canterlot History that Sunset told you about, Sunny. Let me teach you about chaos magic!” He called out as he snapped his fingers, using his chaos magic.

Sunny was about to use her magic as she flew, but then she reappears on the stage. With her hooves tied to strings like puppets, leaving Sunny shocked at this.

“Sunny!” Hitch called out to Sunny from what Discord just did to her.

Sunset came to Sunny and tries to untie her. “Didn’t I tell you earlier that Discord can bend reality with his chaos magic! It’s impossible to face off somepony like him!” She reminded Sunny and the others that it’s impossible to go face to face against the Lord of Chaos that can bend reality to his will with chaos magic.

Izzy then gave off a determined look as she used her magic to levitate the snacks from the table. “You let Sunny go, Discord.” Izzy demanded Discord to release Sunny or she will toss the snacks at him. But then her magic glitch out again, releasing the snacks from their magic grip. “Uh-oh.” Izzy muttered from this as the snacks fell to the ground, and got some on the Mane 6 and Cloudpuff as well, except Sunset since she uses her shield to protect herself from the snacks, but the others weren’t so lucky.

Pipp glares at Izzy. “I’m sticky again. Why does this keep happening to me?” She called out to Izzy retorically while Izzy rubbed her arm in embarrassment for her miss up and from the glitch again.

Sunset then tries to grab the Pegasus Crystal from Discord’s paw, but he moved it out of her view, making her miss as she landed in front of him and blasts him with magic, Discord yawns as he lifted his hand and snapped the magic blasts away, clearly bored from this.

“Enough of this.” Discord said as he snapped his fingers again, trapping the Mane 6 and Cloudpuff in robes, keeping them secure from attacking him.

“Discord! You can’t do this! This is not how you make harmony and peace!” Sunset yelled out to him, trying to reason with him that destroying magic isn’t gonna make peace.

“It doesn’t hurt but try, Sunset. Even you would know how it feels like to lose those you cared for.” Discord replied to Sunset. Sunset looked at Discord, his words struck her as she realizes he is right, she lost her old home and all her friends and family in Equestria are gone, Twilight and the others included. But she learned to embrace the change and keep their legacy alive and keep the magic going.

Sunset gives a look back to Discord. “Even if they are gone, Discord. Their legacies still strive, we must embrace things on how they are, not strip it away from them! And there’s no way destroying magic would help keep Ponykind together, it will only driff them further apart!” She tries to reason with them, but Discord was still thinking it was the only way.

Sunny then gave off her words to Discord. “And even if you destroy the crystal, Twilight’s magic is too powerful. There’s no way to break her protective spell.” She called out, and recently learned that Twilight casted a protection spell on the crystals, making sure they are never harmed or break apart so that the magic can be safely stored, which is why they are still in one piece after all these years.

Discord then spoke up. “No way that we know of yet. But Twilight taught me the power of a little research. I’m sure I’ll figure something out.” He said to them, learning from Twilight to do a little research on something to figure out the solution, and it will pay off if he finds a way to get past the protection spell that it even blocks off his chaos magic from harming the crystals, which is why he didn’t destroy it yet. “The theather can be an emotional experience for everypony. You’ve been a wonderful---if not rowdy---audience.” He said to them before turning to Sunset. “And it’s been nice meeting you, Sunset Shimmer. So glad to meet somepony else who knows Twilight and the girls better than anypony here.” He said to her as Sunset growled at him before Discord snapped his fingers, disappearing from them but not before saying one last thing to them. “I hope we reunite for another tea party during more peaceful times.” He echoed out to them before it faded.

The Mane 6 looked dreadful at what Discord is planning while Cloudpuff is biting the ropes off them, he first started with Sunny as she gave off a dreadful look at the stage.

Sunset spoke first. “We have to stop Discord from destroying the crystal before he finds a way past the protection spell.” She said that if Discord finds the right spell, the Pegasus Crystal is finished.

Sunny then spoke next as she gave off a dreadful tone. “Sunset’s right. He’s going to figure out how to destroy the crystal, and if we don’t stop him in time… We’ll lose our magic forever.” She said to them that the magic will be gone forever if the Crystal is destroyed.

Behind Sunny and Sunset, Izzy picked up a sign that Fursome dropped earlier and showed it to the readers that said ‘To Be Continued…’ on it. Sunset looked at Izzy, a little weird by this. “Izzy, where did you get that sign?” She asks but doesn't get an answer as Izzy and the rest of them need to find a way to stop Discord before they lose their magic.

End of Issue 2.