• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 1,140 Views, 10 Comments

Coma - RedSektor



A twenty-one year old girl named Tara Sparks is put into a coma during an accident, and wakes up.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,140

Chapter 1

"Dear princess Celestia, this week I learned that some things are hard to accept, but for the better of your freinds and family you have to buck it up; take responsibility."

Twilight Sparkle sat up from her desk, and looked out the window. Ponyville was silent, not a single peep from the residents. All lights were off, save for the club down the road, currently hosting a town celebrity "DJ-P0N-3". She walked up the steps, and into her bedroom. Spike slept peacefully in his little bed, snoring. She tapped spike on the shoulder and handed him the letter. "Uhg, Twilight it is eleven, can't it wait?" Twilight rolled her eyes. "No, Spike. It is Sunday night." Spike sat up and groaned. "Fine." He took the scroll and swallowed in a green puff of flame. Spike yawned and quickly went back to bed. Twilight chuckled and layed down, then drifted off to sleep.

...BEEP...

...BEEP...

...BEEP...
The heart monitor beeped, signaling the life still remaining within Tara's body. Her brother, Shawn, slept in a chair next to one of Tara's best friends, Mike. The clock hit eight, and Mike's phone began to beep. He slowly woke up and poked Shawn on the arm to get his attention. Shawn opened his eyes and looked at Mike. "Huh?" he said. "Bro, it's time to get up. We were gonna go get breakfast then pick up her college professor, Clemintine. "Oh, right." Shawn said. He sat up and walked to Tara. "Get better soon, sis." He turned and followed Mike out of the door.

...BEEP...

...BEEP...

...BEEP...
Twilight woke up to a knocking at her door. She slowly walked to the door and pulled it open. "Hey, Twily." Twilight's mood lit up. "Oh, hi!" She gripped him in a hug. "She let go, so hows it been? I havent seen you since the wedding!" Shining Armor laughed. "It's been great! Oh well I was stopping by to tell you that Princess Celestia wants to see you." Twilight looked confused. "But she said I would be off-duty for another week, is it urgent?" Shining Armor looked hesitantly. "Yes, Twilight you- Well, it's best you see for yourself."

...BEEP...

...BEEP...

...BEEP...
Shawn was in the car with Mike and Professor Clementine, on their way to the hospital. They pulled in to the hospital parking garage and grabbed the food. They went in to the hospital, and showed the receptionist their wristbands. They made their way to the lunch room and sat at a table. A while later, right before they got up to go to Tara's room, Dr. Discner walked up to them, bearing news. "I have some urgent news, Mr. Sparks. Of your sister." Shawn gasped. "She is alright, isn't she?" The doctor hesitated. "Well, that is just the thing. I think she may-" "I think she may' what?" The Doctor sighed. "She is waking up."

...BEEP...

...BEEP...

...BEEP...
Twilight arrived at the Canterlot Castle. She trotted inside and made her way to the throne room. Once there she burst through the door to be met with Discord, who was holding Celestia captive in a cage made of pure mana. "Hello Twilight, I have some urgent news, regarding your physical being." Twilight was shocked. "What are you talking about? Wait, I thought you were gone!" Discord laughed. "Well of course I'm not anymore, are I? Isn't that what matters, the here and now?" Twilight was angry. "Why are you doing this? What is this for?" Discord gave a more serious tone. "Time to wake up, Ms. Sparkle."

...BEEP...

...BEEP...

...BEEP...
Tara began shaking, her heart rate increasing. The doctors had no idea what to do, they couldn't sedate her, she might die. Shawn pushed his way past all the nurses to the observation window. "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?" Dr. Discner tried to respond as calm as possible, but that would be quite difficult, because of the current situation. "Well, we don't know. Her heart rate began to spike, then she started convulsing, quite violently." Shawn was enraged. "Can't you give her sedatives? Morphine?" The doctor was starting to get stressed out. "We considered doing so Mr. Sparks, but that would probably result in death. We can't take that sort of risk. Do you want to lose your sister?" Shawn sat down in a chair. "No way, I just fear for her well-being. That looks very painful." The doctor shook his head. "Well there is an option to, well, put her to sleep." Shawn got flustered from the mere thought of such a thing. "NO! Why would you even consider me wanting to do such a thing?" The doctor was startled. "Well no, I'm not pressing you I-" They were cut off by the heart monitor returning to normal speed, they ran in to the room and looked at Tara. Her eyes shot open and she sat up with a gasp of air, clutching a white book to her chest. "NO! PRINCESS CELESTIA!"

...BEEP...

...BEEP...

...BEEP...
Twilight was trapped in a white box, that got smaller, and smaller, she was horrified. "What are you doing? DISCORD!" Discord chuckled. "I'm breaking the link, you have to 'Buck it up, take responsibility.' You know, 'For the better of your friends and family." Twilight's box was getting too tight to fit in. "PLEASE! Stop! I will do anything, anything you want, wait, I'm not even sure what you are doing in the first place! What do you mean by that?" Discord took Celestia, and absorbed her energy, placing it into a small, white book. He gave her the book. "When ever the time is correct, the link will resume, but there will be pain to follow." The box began to get to dangerously small size, Twilight clutched the book to her chest. "NO! PRINCESS CELESTIA!" She shouted as she vanished with the book.

...BEEP...

...BEEP...

...BEEP...
Shawn kicked open the ICU door, and ran to Tara's side. "Oh fuck, Tara, dammit, Tara are you okay?" Tara looked at Shawn. "AH! What are you? Who are you?" Shawn Looked at her, confused/ "What do you mean, I am your brother, Tara." Tara's chest began thumping with fear. What did he mean by Tara? Why was she in a hospital? Where was her horn? Tara panicked. "Who is Tara? My name is Twilight!" Shawn's eyes began to water. "No, your name is Tara. You live in Wisconson, United States. Two years ago you were put into a coma." Tara stood up and looked into a mirror next to her bed. "No, no it can't be. This is all just a dream, prehaps a failed spell." Shawn fell back into a chair, and watched as Tara went on about things he didn't understand. Dr. Discner walked up next to him. "A common result of a coma is, is memory loss. It will take over three months to fully recover."

"To be given eternal peace is to give up reality, but to accept reality is to give up eternal peace." - Unknown