• Published 26th May 2022
  • 782 Views, 12 Comments

Sunset in the gods - red-sun



Queen Luna, tired of serving the gods, has decided to start a rebellion against the authority of the gods.

  • ...
2
 12
 782

PreviousChapters Next
Act II – Fallen Gods – Chapter 15

Scorpan stalked the ruined camp like a predator searching for its prey. When he saw how the humans escaped towards the camp instead of the forest, the god became excited, he assumed that the humans had a plan.

The god looked for the humans expecting some surprise from them, walking through the ruined camp he looked for possible hiding places, at one point, when he was getting bored, he was going to trample a collapsed tent but then he saw a few meters away a human with blue hair running.

“Finally a prey.” Scorpan was about to throw a spear until he felt a small pain in his ankle, he realized that in the tent he was going to step on, there was a hidden human. “If the first human hadn't run, I would have found you both, but you let yourself be discovered so I wouldn't kill the one who ran.” The god was going to attack the human who attacked him but then an arrow hit Scorpan, the human who attacked her was now a girl with a stetson hat.

“Run now Shining Armor!” Applejack shouted as she prepared to shoot again.

Scorpan was going to run straight to Applejack but for some reason he trips and falls. “It seems like I lost my balance, but why?” The god realized that the humans had everything planned, at the moment he was about to find one, another ran and distracted him and when he was going to attack another, one more appeared to distract the god, so the god just sat and watched. “one… two… three… four… I don't know what you're planning, but since you're trying so hard to keep me here I'll play along!” The god shouted with joy. “At least I have noticed that there are four of you.”

That alerted the others. “Your majesty, you must flee.” Shining Armor said while he had arrived at Sunset's hiding place.

“Not yet, we have to buy time while we wait for Pinkie and Twilight.” Sunset said as she wiped the blood from her nose.

“But that power you are using seems to hurt you.”

“I just have to make him trip, I'll try to be careful.” But then they hear the god shout.

"'Divine power'". The shadow of the god begins to grow larger. "'Pack of wolves!'". Four black wolves emerged from the shadows and headed towards where the four humans were. “Let's see what you are capable of.”


A FEW MINUTES AGO

While Rarity was healing Fluttershy's wound, the goddess explained some things to her about Scorpan. "Although it may not seem like it, Scorpan is not an arrogant god, he will always seem confident but in reality he always tests his opponents... especially if they are humans."

“Is that why he didn't follow us right away?”

“Yes, he wanted to give them an advantage so he could see what they were capable of.” Fluttershy said.

“That just makes it easier.” Sunset said. "We just have to distract him until you guys can escape and if we're lucky what Pinkie Pie has prepared could kill him."

“No one could kill him…” said Fluttershy. "Or to be more precise, even if they manage to kill him, it won't be enough, the truth is I don't know how many times you have to kill him so he finally stays dead."

“What do you mean?”

"I can't explain it now, but I tell you... if he decides to take you as prisoners please don't resist, when I am in charge of Cerberus I will go rescue you."

Then Aria raises the goddess. “just try not to die pony.”

“Unfortunately I have to accompany Aria but I will also look for you as soon as I can.” Rarity said.

“Please take care of yourself sister.” Apple Bloom said as she said goodbye to Applejack, then left with Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara.


Sunset and Shining Armor ran trying to escape from the two wolves but they were being overtaken.

"Compared to Fluttershy's they seem a little weaker, do you think you can fight these wolves?" Sunset asked.

“I could against one but not against both at the same time.”

“I'll take care of one, you take care of the other.” Sunset said. “I'll take care of the one on the left, you attack the one on the right.”

“As your majesty orders.”

"Now!". Sunset shouted, the two turned around to attack the wolves.

Shining Armor turned around and when the wolf was going to jump directly towards his prey, the teenager quickly drew his sword and took advantage of the momentum to decapitate the wolf.

Meanwhile, Sunset used her aura power for the first time in a real fight. “'Aura of materialization'.” Sunset imagined the only thing she could materialize with the little aura she had, “'Dagger'”. And the weapon materialized. Sunset had no time to waste and just focused on the wolf that was running towards her and quickly did the same thing she did with Scorpan. Sunset's hand glowed and she focused on one of the wolf's paws, while the wolf was running, one of its legs slipped a little, causing the wolf to fall and Sunset immediately attacked the wolf, burying the dagger under its jaw and piercing its brain.

“Your Majesty, you did it well.” Shining Armor said as he tried to catch a second wind after running so much.

“You did well too, Timber was right when he said you had talent with the sword.” Sunset answered as she tried to rest.

At that moment Twilight and Pinkie Pie appeared “Your Majesty! Are you okay?!" Twilight asked worriedly as she wiped the blood from Sunset's nose.

“I'm fine, did you find what I asked for?”

“okie dokie loki”


Flash Sentry is unconscious lying on the ground while Scorpan held Applejack's neck with one hand.

"This is incredible, the boy is a prodigy with the sword because of the way he killed one of my wolves, you..." Scorpan looks at the corpse of a wolf with a broken neck. “I have never seen a human kill one of my wolves with bare hands.”

“Would you like to know how simple humans can be so strong?” Sunset shouted in the distance.

“So you are the human that was hidden.” Scorpan looks at Sunset's dagger. "That dagger is made of aura, wait a little, I'll take care of these two and you'll go later."

But then the former unicorn speaks. “Didn't you think it was strange that you suddenly tripped?” Those words surprised the god.

"Hahaha! Are you implying that this stumbling was intentional?” The god notices Sunset's seriousness. “Then let me see how you did that.” Scorpan runs directly towards Sunset but halfway there Scorpan received a strong impact knocking him down while a good distance away Pinkie held her new version of the 'party cannon' while Twilight gave her instructions.

“Did I hit the bullseye?” Pinkie asked.

"Yeah". Twilight responded. “Your Majesty, are you okay?” she shouted.

"Yeah". Sunset replied. “It was a good shot…” then Sunset sees how the god gets up, Sunset can see the god's shattered ribs and she wondered how he could survive that.

"Ha ha ha! “It is a very powerful toy.” The god said between laughs while he saw Pinkie holding the still smoking cannon.

"How did he survive?" Sunset noticed that the god's wound was healing quickly. “Quickly, shoot again!” She screamed worried. Besides, Scorpan was heading to where Twilight and Pinkie were.

“Quickly, we must prepare the cannon.” Twilight said as she helped reload the cannon. "He's getting closer." She said scared.

“Here goes another one!” Pinkie shouted as she fired again, hitting the god's abdomen again.

With the cannonball embedded in his stomach, Scorpan began to vomit blood and laugh. “Ha! And here I thought this would be a boring mission.” The god's abdomen begins to heal. “But I found something much more fun.” And he continues running where the two humans were.

“How could he withstand two impacts?” Twilight Scream. “Quick Pinkie, we have to shoot again.”

“That's what I'm doing!” She responded as she finished reloading the cannon but it was too late.

Scorpan was already in front of them and took away the cannon. “What an interesting toy.” He said with a laugh as he examined the object without realizing that it was aimed at himself, Twilight took the opportunity to quickly activate the cannon's fuse causing the cannon to fire directly at the god's head.

“Do you think he's dead?” Pinkie asked with a smile.

Twilight rolls her eyes. “Pinkie, he received three cannon shots and one went straight in the face. why do you ask that?"

“Because like you said we had to shoot him three times.” While she points to the body of the god lying on the ground.

“I think I understand how it works.” Scorpan said as he stood up. “It's not bad... I'm starting to feel a little dizzy.” He said as he felt half of his skull shattered. “It's really hard to believe that this was done by human children.” Nobody could believe it, they had underestimated the power of one of the great gods, he had managed to physically withstand the cannon shots then. “They are actually good at attacking but…” The god raises his fist. “How good they are at defending themselves.” When he was about to hit Twilight, Pinkie pushes her friend, receiving the hit herself.

“Pinkie!” Twilight shouted, worried about her friend.

“You guys never stop surprising me.” The god said as he looks at an unconscious Pinkie Pie. “That blow must have destroyed her head... she must know aura techniques.” Then he looks at Twilight. “If she defended you it means that you don't know any hardening techniques, I guess you're not that strong.” He was about to attack Twilight but...

“Are you underestimating us?” Sunset shouted and the god turned around to see the red-haired girl.

“That dagger... it's filled with aura, right?” The god stares at Sunset. “I'm sure you had no problem killing my wolves... I actually thought one or two of you would die... and about what you said, I never underestimate my opponents and even less the humans, I realized that you had a plan to stop me because, believe it or not, I am examining you, I want to see how much damage you can cause me, I'm even ignoring your two friends who are trying to escape while you try to distract me because I want to see what other surprise they you prepared."

Then Sunset smiles. “Shining!” Shining Armor throws the bag of black powder that Pinkie used for her party cannon, quickly covering himself with a large wet blanket along with Pinkie and Twilight.

The bag breaks, covering Scorpan in black dust and the god is disconcerted to see Sunset who was also covering herself with a wet blanket. Sunset uses her magic again but not to levitate, although she still couldn't use complicated spells like throwing fire. she didn't need to throw fire, she just needed a spark.

The black dust in the air caught fire, burning everything, including the god, while the rest protected themselves with wet blankets. When the black powder was consumed everyone came out from under the blankets.

“Is your majesty well?” Shining Armor asked.

"Yeah". Sunset looks at the god's burned body, Sunset summons her dagger and stabs it into Scorpan's head. “That guy was tougher than I thought... How are the others doing?”

"Pinkie is still unconscious but she´ll be fine, Flash and Applejack are also unconscious but they were far enough away to not get hurt." Twilight answers.

“We have to wake them up and leave quickly before…” Shining's words were interrupted by a strong blow that threw him away.

The god was healing his burned body. “I never believed that a group of humans could hurt me so much.” He said smiling. “Please tell me you have more surprises.”

“How can you stay alive?” Sunset asked, surprised by the way the god regenerated.

"Are you scared? To be honest with you... this was never a fair battle, no matter how many times or how you kill me, I will always come back... but don't think it's any fun, In fact, it is a curse, the greatest punishment that a god of the faction of wrath can suffer.” Scorpan then lifts Twilight's unconscious body.

Sunset realized that she never really had a chance to beat him, the former unicorn didn't know what to do, everyone had already been defeated and Twilight was the god's prisoner.

“You are very brave, human. I like you... I could tell that you are the leader of this small group and my instinct tells me that you haven't reached your limit yet, have you? Don't worry, every time I see a human with the potential to be powerful I make sure to 'help' them improve." He said with a sadistic smile. “I'm noticing that you are worried about this human.”

Sunset tries not to show fear. “Why do you think I would worry about her!? "Do you want to keep fighting? Leave her lying there and let's continue the fight." Sunset Lied to try to get the god to release Twilight.

Scorpan picks up a broken stick and points it at Twilight's abdomen. “I've done this many times...humans never show their potential until they're cornered.” Then he stabbed Twilight with the stick. “Pain, despair, hatred, all that will make your soul burn fiercely and feed your anger! I have not yet received a definitive death and the night is young!”

Sunset always had a plan for everything, she knew that with a powerful opponent she would have to use every trick. But now the only thing she thought about was how to save her companions, if they were any stranger Sunset would just abandon them but they are her subjects, they are her comrades... her friends...

Scorpan lets go of Twilight's body and sees Sunset's anger. “That's the face I want to see! Show me what else a human can do!”

And blinded by her anger Sunset screamed. “KNEEL!!” And the landscape changed color.

PreviousChapters Next