• Published 26th May 2022
  • 782 Views, 12 Comments

Sunset in the gods - red-sun



Queen Luna, tired of serving the gods, has decided to start a rebellion against the authority of the gods.

  • ...
2
 12
 782

PreviousChapters Next
Act II – Fallen Gods – Chapter 7

"I see you already rested." Applejack says as she sees Sunset sitting next to a tent.

“I'm just waiting for Discord to finish his meeting with the demons. How are Flash and Shining Armor? ”. Sunset asked casually.

“They will be fine, they are still unconscious, also compared to the training with Fluttershy they felt almost nothing. We all worried about you when that demon approached you, Twilight was also thinking of going to help you like Shining and Flash did but I stopped her”.

"It couldn't be helped, Twilight is too loyal, thank you for stopping her."

"You are welcome. Did you know that Big Max was also going to help those two fight the demon?"

"Oh really? Twilight trying to help I can understand, but your brother? don't be offended but although I am grateful that you and your brother accompanied us, you do not have any obligation to me”

“We are still grateful for saving us from a life of slavery, plus in a way I consider you a good friend and part of the family, plus…”. A loud crash interrupts Applejack and Sunset's conversation.

“Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich's secret project again. Aren't you curious to see what it's about?" Twilight asked who was just arriving along with Fluttershy.

"It's not that there's anything else to do." Sunset replied.

"I'm going to accompany them." Fluttershy also said. "Those loud noises don't let my animals sleep."

“Can the animals that live in your shadow hear the noises?” Applejack asked out of curiosity.

"My animals can hear the same thing that I hear when they are in my shade." Fluttershy said shyly. "And they can only sleep when I sleep."


"FIRE!!"

A strong explosion destroyed a small tree that was far away on a hill.

"There is still a long way to go to achieve what we need, the shot was too powerful." Cheese Sandwich says as he looks at the destroyed tree.

"The tree was shattered, if it had been a human or even a minor god it would have died instantly." Pinkie Pie said as she went through the pieces of wood.

"Of course that would happen, maybe if we used less black powder and a ball that isn't iron?" Cheese Sandwich asked as he looked at the cannon that Pinlie Pie was holding.

“You're right, I guess there's still a long way to go before I can create a 'party cannon', at least now we have a prototype”. Pinkie Pie says a little discouraged.

“A prototype?! So that?!" Twilight yelled excitedly. Her companions did not find it strange that she acted like this since they had noticed Twilight's need to learn and do experiments. "You have to explain everything to me!" She said excitedly as she walked over to Pinkie.

"Twilight, why don't you give Pinkie space so she can talk?" Applejack says.

"It feels weird that you're saying that to anyone other than Pinkie Pie." Sunset says.

“So this is the secret project that you and Cheese Sandwich have been working on?” Fluttershy said pointing to the cannon Pinkie Pie was holding. "What is it supposed to be for?"

“It's a party cannon! Cheese Sandwich and I made it to shoot confetti but first we are experimenting to know the power and type of bullet it will need to be able to shoot people safely. I just hope he's ready for Sunset's birthday." Pinkie answered with her usual smile and when they all heard her answer they looked at the tree that was destroyed.

"So you're going to shoot Sunset with that?" Applejack asked.

"Yep". She answered simply.

After a long and awkward silence Sunset responds. "Definitely nothing scary."

Twilight asks. “Can you show us how it works?”

"Of course!" Answers Pinkie excited. "First we have to throw some black powder, then an iron ball, then we aim at the target and...!" Pinkie points the cannon in the distance and fires.

BANG

A strong impact is seen in the same place where the tree was before.

"Incredible! TRUE?!"

“How do you make black powder?” Twilight asks.

"It's a secret recipe that me and Cheese Sandwich invented."

“And the iron ball? Do you have any special manufacturing process?”

"I don't know". Pinkie replied.

"Cheese Sandwich, did you make the iron ball?"

"I made a few but Pinkie made the most." The god answered.

"I suppose we will have to go look for the ball that you already shot." Applejack said.

“It is not necessary, here is another one”. And Pinkie had an iron ball in his hand.

"Where did you get it from?" Fluttershy asked.

"I don't know, I just needed an iron ball and then it just appeared." Pinkie Pie answered as if it was something normal.

Twilight pulls out a small scroll and a quill. "Could you take out another iron ball please?"

"Because? I already have one here"

"That's not the point, I want to see how you make another iron ball appear!" Twilight replied with a frustrated tone.

"I thought the point was to see how the cannon fired." Pinkie said not understanding what Twilight wanted.

"Just pull out another iron ball!" Shouts Twilight.

"Relax sugar cube." Says Applejack trying to relax Twilight. "Why don't you focus on something else?"

Twilight sighs. "You're right Applejack, sorry for yelling at you Pinkie Pie, would you lend me the ball to study?"

"Of course". But when Pinkie hands the ball to Twilight, she drops it because she can't bear the weight of the object.

"You are well?" Sunset asked a little worried.

"I'm fine, sorry to worry you, your majesty, it's just that that thing is too heavy..." Twilight falls silent when she sees that Applejack lifts the ball without problem. “How can you lift that so easily!?”

"It is true that this thing weighs but not that much." Then Applejack stares at the iron ball. “This has a weird glow to it but this glow looks like the glow that air mass we always train with.”

"Could you pass me the iron ball Applejack?" When Sunset takes the object she is surprised because she felt the same energy that she felt when she was near the masses of energies that Applejack was pointing at her. "I think this iron ball was formed with the aura of materialization." She says surprised.

"Pinkie Pie! when did you achieve this!?” Twilight asks.

“It all started when Cheese Sandwich and I were looking for a fun way to instantly bring a party but didn't know how so we thought what do all parties have in common?...”

Five minutes later...

"...then Cheese Sandwich told me not to bring the fire near the barrel containing the black powder which is curious since he belongs to the affiliation of the fire..."

Ten minutes later...

"...so while we were having lunch and he explained to me how metallurgy worked, plus his power with fire helped to shape metal..."

Fifteen minutes later…

"...after he helped put out the fire after the accident, I asked him how the black powder worked and he told me how sometimes he liked to make toys..."

Twenty minutes later...

"...so after manufacturing some ten iron balls we started testing the prototype..."

Twenty five minutes later...

"...and we had not realized that we had run out of iron balls because we had fired them about fourteen times and we realized that it made them appear in my hand like this." Then Twilight, who was falling asleep, gets up abruptly and wakes the others so they can see what Pinkie Pie was about to do.

They all look at Pinkie Pie's hand and notice as if a shiny dust was accumulating and little by little an iron ball was materializing. "Pinkie Pie, I think you unconsciously learned how to use the materialization aura." Fluttershy says surprised.

"Pinkie, repeat everything." Twilight says.

“It all started when Cheese Sandwich and I were looking for…” She starts counting it all over again.

“Don't tell the story!! I just want you to materialize an iron ball again!!” Twilight screamed.

"Wouldn't it be better to report this to Discord?" They all looked in the direction of the voice to see who it was and they all jumped in surprise when they noticed Wallflower Blush.

"How long have you been there?" asked Applejack.

"Since the pink girl began to tell her story." Wallflower answered without much encouragement. “I came because the meeting with the demons is over and Discord is looking for Sunset and Fluttershy.


After walking for a while Sunset decided to speak. "I'm curious Wallflower, the day we arrived at the camp and saw the giant eye in the sky, I saw you use your divine power but there was something I couldn't realize, what affiliation do you belong to?"

"Sunset please don't ask Wallflower that." Fluttershy said.

"Because? Is that offensive in any way?" Sunset asks blankly.

"Don't worry Fluttershy, she's just a human so she doesn't understand this kind of thing, I guess you already know what the affiliations of the gods are."

"I know the name of the ten affiliations"

"I'm from the divination faction but in a way I'm different." Wallflower replied.

"Different?"

"There is something you must understand Sunset." Fluttershy says. "When a god is born he does not belong to any affiliation, but when we reach a certain age we receive our revelation and instinctively find out what affiliation we belong to."

"So the affiliation is random?"

“More or less, in essence there are certain factors that influence. Once you know which affiliation you belong to, you have to go to one of the nine temples that corresponds to the affiliation where they train you so that you know how to use divine powers...".

“Nine temples, one by affiliation? I thought there were ten affiliations”. Sunset says.

"The affiliation of anger does not have a temple." Fluttershy replied. “Going back to the Wallflower theme, belong to the affiliation of..”

"I belong to the divination affiliation." Wallflower answers.

"Was that a problem?" Sunset asked.

"Not that it's a problem but..." Fluttershy didn't know how to answer the question.

So Wallflower decides to respond. “Of all the affiliations, the Divination affiliation is the one that is expected to contribute the most in the society of the gods, but in all my life I have not had any visions and I have not cast Divinations either. It is curious that from the affiliation from which something is expected the most and one cannot contribute anything ”. Sunset noticed Wallflower's sad look. "It was even noticed at some point that I did not appear in any vision or divination of the other gods, it was as if the world ignored me, but Discord did not ignore me. He told me that if the world ignores you then it's because the world hasn't realized your potential and that would take it by surprise”. Then Wallflower smiles softly. "When we escaped from the sacred lands I wanted to be of more help so if I couldn't use divination then I would train my own body to improve myself."

"It must have been hard for you." Sunset said.

"It was at first, but thanks to that I achieved something that nobody could." Wallflower said.

"Do you remember the 'omnipresent eye'?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes, Discord told me what it was for."

“That saves time. One day we noticed that the eye was approaching the camp and I was afraid that they would capture us, I just wanted the eye to ignore us, so the eye just passed by, at first no one knew why, but Discord looked at me and smiled, It turns out that I unconsciously activated my unique divine power that helps me to be ignored in many ways. Since then I have tried to improve my ability and have used it to keep the camp safe.”

After Wallflower finished speaking, the three of them arrive where Discord is, who was in the company of Double Diamond and another demon who had not yet introduced herself.

"I brought them as you requested Discord"

"Thank you Wallflower, Fluttershy, please, we need you to join the meeting."

“Is it important that I participate?” the goddess asked shyly.

"You may be one of the important parts of Starlight Glimmer's plan." Double Diamond said. "Wallflower, we also need to ask you for something."

The two concerned goddesses look at Discord and he calms them down. "Don't worry, they're not going to force you to do anything you don't want." And the two goddesses enter the tent. "Hey girl." Discord calls Sunset. "There is someone who wants to talk to you, I will be inside the meeting." Then Discord also enters the tent leaving her alone with a demon.

"Thank you for agreeing to talk to me." The demon removes her hood revealing long bright purple hair streaked with white and elegantly styled. Despite being covered by the hood at first, her skin is dark purple instead of dark gray like the other demons. "My name is Rarity Belle, member and representative of the clan The Children of Nightmare." Rarity respectfully bows to Sunset, "It's an honor to finally meet the future bearer of Nightmare."

PreviousChapters Next