• Published 26th May 2022
  • 780 Views, 12 Comments

Sunset in the gods - red-sun



Queen Luna, tired of serving the gods, has decided to start a rebellion against the authority of the gods.

  • ...
2
 12
 780

PreviousChapters Next
Act I – Slaves – Chapter 10

"Hey girl! It's been a while!" Discord says as he pats Sunset on the head a few times. "Do you remember the test I gave you the last time we met?"

"Yeah, I'm in the middle of that now." Sunset replied. "Is that why you're here?"

"Certain issues arose, one thing led to another and... I decided that it was better for me to get you out of the mines, but first I had to take care of some obstacles." Discord looks directly at Chrysalis.

"Master Discord, how long without seeing each other?" Chrysalis greets Discord respectfully which surprises Sunset.

“It's been years since I last saw you Chrysalis, I remember that back then you were just a minor goddess. Why are you chasing two girls? Don't you think that's something deplorable?"

“We are gods, it doesn't matter what we do, deplorable or not we have the right to do so... but I'm curious. what are you doing here?"

"I'm just here to pick up a little friend and then I'm going to go...can we just pretend none of this happened?"

“Master Discord, you know very well that I cannot let you go. You betrayed your duty and chose to be an enemy to your own kind. You were an outstanding priest of the divination faction, a wise god, and also you were my teacher whom I deeply respected in the past, but now you are only the enemy of the gods.”

"Yes! I betrayed my own kind! but what about that?! I like humans but that's not why I'm going to hate the gods, the gods are simply very boring, besides... haven't you noticed that something strange happens in the sacred domains of the gods? Don't you think it's weird that we suddenly need more carnelian now than we have in the last thousand years?"

“If All-Master or the council of the gods ask humans to dig more carnelian, I don't care. But now I'm curious. Who is that girl? Why did you risk saving her?”

"I could ask you the same question... I noticed that you have a strange interest in...". After a while of silence Discord looks at Sunset.

"Ocellus". Sunset whispers to Discord.

"Ocellus". Then Discord stares at Ocellus and smiles when he realizes something. "I think I know why your interest in this girl... does this have to do with your mutation?"

"Divine power! 'Locust Swarm!'” A swarm of locusts engulfs Discord but the god claps once causing all the locusts to fall.

"What character!" Discord says as he shakes off the dead locusts on top of him. "Although from what I notice you have become very strong." Discord snaps his fingers. “However this level of attack is not enough to defeat me. "Divine power". Discord prepares to strike despite being far from Chrysalis “'Void Strike'”. And a fist suddenly appeared hitting Chrysalis's abdomen.

"I notice that you've gotten older, Master Discord, there was a time when an attack like that could have killed me." Says Chrysalis while recovering from the attack she received. So she runs to attack Discord directly. “Divine Power” Chrysalis's hands begin to briyar in a green aura. “'Venomous Claws'.” When the goddess tried to stab Discord with her claws, the god easily dodged it. That infuriated Chrysalis.

"Listen girl." Discord calls Sunset. "You'd better take your little friend and run into the woods, I'll catch up with you later."

"I do not can! I have to go back to the mines right now!” Sunset responds. “There are people I am now responsible for!”

Discord dodges another attack from Chrysalis while he listens to Sunset. "I don't know what has happened in the last three years but...!" The god dodges another attack from the goddess. “But I came here specifically to find you! so please just…!” Discord dodges another attack… “hey!! You almost took my eye out!!”

“I see that your true divine power 'divination eye' has weakened in recent years. I wasn't going to try to poke your eyes out in at least three moves…usually you would have predicted it sooner."

"What did you expect... I try to have a conversation with the girl.” Answer Discord.

"Which girl?" Chrysalis asked.

Discord looks at where Sunset and Ocellus had been and sighs in frustration. “I was able to get it out earlier but no! I had to give her a test to see what she was capable of doing and that she seems to be taking it pretty seriously!”.

Chrysalis continued to attack discord. “worry more about yourself”.


As Sunset and Ocellus run towards the mines they heard a loud bang.

"What was that?!". Ocellus asked scared.

"Looks like the fight has escalated!" Sunset replied.

In the distance they can see the entrance to the mine but on the way they find an unconscious guard.

“Chief foreman. Do you think they were our companions?"

"I don't think so, an unconscious guard would alert the rest and..." Sunset notices that there are more unconscious guards. "Ignore them and quickly return to the mines."

As they walk through the long corridor of the cave, Sunset reflects. "It's curious"

"What is curious?" Ocellus asks.

“This is the main entrance to the mines. Three years ago I entered against my will and they made me a slave. But now I enter again of my own free will through this same entrance, because the next time I come out I will be free, you will be free, everyone in the mines will be free at last”.

When Sunset and Ocellus were halfway there, a voice calls out to them. "You must be Sunset Shimmer." When they turned around to see who it was, they were surprised at what they saw.

There were two teenagers who are riding a three meter tall bear

One of them had yellow skin. She has long pink hair that curls at the ends. The other teenager had light green skin and darker green tangled hair. From the way the two were dressed, Sunset deduced that they weren't slaves. It could be said that they were nomads.

"You must be Sunset Shimmer." She says the one with pink hair. "Discord told me that you should come with us." She says she shyly.

Sunset could feel the same presence that she felt with Discord. "Are you two goddesses?" Sunset asks.

"Yes". She says the one with the green hair. “My name is Wallflower Blush and this is Fluttershy. We don't know how long Discord can hold off Chrysalis, we need to leave now."

Sunset was tempted to accompany them, when she saw the aura powers and divine powers, she thought how she could learn them but...

“Chief foreman. Are you going with them?" Ocellus asked.

Sunset looked at the entrance of the mine where the other slaves were. She noticed that they hadn't started to tear down the entrance yet, then she realized that the reason for not starting was because they were waiting for her to come back, even though she told them to start without her. The slaves trusted that Sunset would return, they were not going to start until she returned, so she replied.

"I'm not going to go with you, I have to go back to the mine."

"Why? Discord went to all this trouble to get you out of here." Fluttershy answers.

"It's not to be ungrateful but... there are people who are waiting for me... besides, I'm not sure what Discord wants from me but I already have my own plans."

Fluttershy and Wallflower dismount from the bear and Wallflower tells her. "When we told you that you had to come with us, it wasn't a question."

“What are they going to do? Take me away by force?" I ask Sunset defiantly.

"Not us, even though we are goddesses, Fluttershy doesn't like to hurt any living being." Wallflower replied. "And I..." The goddess bumps her fists. "I could kill you if I'm not careful."

"Sorry for this". Fluttershy says. "Harry, please don't hurt her too much." She tells the bear.

"Don't worry, in our camp we have comrades from the healing affiliation." It says wallflower.

When the gigantic bear was approaching Sunset and Ocellus, then a loud roar is heard and two Diamonds dogs pounced on the bear while Flash, Applejack and Pinkie brought a group of slaves that surrounded the two goddesses.

“What are you doing here?! I told you to prepare to demolish the entrance!" Sunset yelled trying to hide the fact that she was happy they showed up to help.

“Sorry, sugar cube, everyone is ready and prepared except for...”

"What Applejack is trying to say is that none of the slaves wanted to leave without you since you were the one who inspired the entire escape plan and gave all the slaves the dream of freedom so no one wanted to start until you came back then my Pinkie sense told me that I should come here and some slaves saw me running and followed me to see what happened, When I was coming some slaves noticed that something was happening at the entrance of the mine and when we saw that a bear was going to attack them the diamond dogs that accompanied us went ahead to save you and here we are now”.

After a while of silence Wallflower asked. "How can you talk so much without breathing?"

"The mysteries of the universe". Flash Sentry sighed.

"Now answer why do you want to kidnap Sun?"

“Sun? I thought her name was Sunset Shimmer." Fluttershy says confused.

"Yes!" Pinkie Pie says, then she notices how Applejack, Flash and Sunset look at her. "But is a secret". Pinkie whispers to the goddesses.

“Listen up everyone! We're just going to take Sunset Shimmer and go! Whatever they're doing we don't care!” Wallflower calms down a bit. "You have no choice, we are goddesses, we have the advantage, none of you have a choice."

Sunset noticed that the slaves were ready to fight to protect her, but she also knew that none of them would have a chance against the goddesses, the situation left her without options, if she decided to try to escape, there was the possibility that no slave would come out unharmed.

"So are you all willing to fight for me?" Sunset asks the slaves.

None responded but all remained firm in their positions ready to fight. That was all Sunset needed to know.

"It seems I made them wait..." says Discord and begins to notice the situation. "I lost something?"

Fluttershy runs up to Discord and hugs him. "I was worried that something bad had happened to you!"

"Hello girl... I see you already met my friends."

"Yes... they were about to introduce me to their bear too." Sunset says pointing to the bear that was being subdued by the diamond dogs.

"Don't worry, Harry is relatively harmless, he waits for you to meet Angel…that thing if he's scary."

"Discord... how did you get out of that situation?"

"That's a very good story." Discord says with a smile.


A FEW MINUTES AGO

Discord continued to dodge the goddess's attacks. "You know Chrysalis, I always saw you as the most sensible of my apprentices... despite your arrogance."

"If you want to say something, say it now!" Chrysalis was going to attack with another divine power.

"I want to make a deal with you." Discord notices that her former student continues to attack. "I can help you with the Ocellus thing." Chrysalis stops her attack and Discord smiles. "To be precise... I can help you with the matter of the other children as well."

“Do you really think you can help me? Besides, if the council of gods finds out about my secret, I won't be the only one to die...".

"I can find them... I can find all the children... and I'll tell you where each one of them is, but I can't promise they'll be safe."

Chrysalis lowers her claws. "What do you want me to do?"


NOW

"What happened?!" You were silent for a while!” Pinkie says.

"The point is that now we can leave without a problem." Discord says.

"Don't worry Discord, today all the slaves escape from the mines." Sunset replied.

“Really girl? I know I told you to prove your worth trying to escape but due to certain circumstances I came to get you out first. Well, surprise me girl!"

"Come join us." Sunset looks at the bear and asks. "Will he behave well?"

"Don't worry, I'll make sure Harry doesn't cause trouble." Fluttershy answers timidly.

Then with a gesture Sunset tells the diamond dogs to release the bear. Then they all head to the mines, relieved that the situation has calmed down.

“Chief foreman! I'm glad you're okay!" Twilight yells as he approaches Sunset.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. How's the evacuation going?" Sunset asked.

"At the moment there has not been any serious problem, we already got all those we could out, for the moment those who did not manage to get out, we left them in the safe caves so that they are safe for when we collapse the entrance, we were just waiting for her before we started.”

"Okay, we'll head to one of the caves." A few diamnogs dogs were ready to tear down the entrance. Sunset approaches the diamonds dogs. "I know you guys are used to this kind of situation but... please be careful." The diamond dogs make a gesture showing that they understood what Sunset told them.

"I see that you have put together a great operation in here, I am surprised how everyone here cooperates... and by the way they greet you, everyone has great respect for you." Discord says.

"It was not easy and I would never have achieved this alone but in the end it was achieved." Sunset and the group that accompanied her entered one of the caves.

Then Shining Armor appeared. "We are all ready, you just need to give the order." He says it as he hands her a bell that the guards used to sound the alarm.

Sunset looks around, sees the caves, sees the ovens, sees the bell... and makes it ring...

PreviousChapters Next