• Published 26th May 2022
  • 782 Views, 12 Comments

Sunset in the gods - red-sun



Queen Luna, tired of serving the gods, has decided to start a rebellion against the authority of the gods.

  • ...
2
 12
 782

PreviousChapters Next
Act II – Fallen Gods – Chapter 14

Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara ran straight to the camp to alert everyone about the possible attack. As they were running, they noticed that Sweetie Belle's dark skin changed to a very light gray color.

“What's wrong Sweetie Belle?” Scootaloo asked.

"The Supreme Queen told us that enemy gods must not know about demons, so she ordered that if something like this ever happened we must keep our identity in secret." Sweetie Belle responded.

When the girls arrived at the camp they saw many alarmed gods and humans, then they saw a teenage girl with cream skin and purple hair who approached and hugged Sweetie Belle.

"Sister! What's going on!?"

"We have lost contact with most of the camp guards, we still have to find the guards in the eastern area."

“We come from that area! One of the guards is dead, his neck was broken!” Sweetie Belle says. "I put on human appearance like you said in case of emergency."

At that moment Aria Blaze had also arrived in her human disguise, Rarity noticed that Aria was angry... more angry than usual. "Dear... Do you know what is going through?"

"We are being attacked, the gods found the camp." Aria growled. "I don't know how, the fallen gods always take a lot of precautions not to be found."

"Somehow they managed to find us... but the omnimpent eye has never been here." Rarity said.

Then Aria sees a moth fluttering near Diamond Tiara, Aria holds the girl's head and looks directly into her eyes.

"You!". Aria growled again. “Since when do you have eyes that color?!”

Diamond Tiara was scared by the way the demon spoke and just as Silver Spoond pulled out a knife, Discord intervened.

“Aria release the human!” Discord shouted.

“Don't you see what happened?” Aria shouted.

"Aria! Do as you're told!" Double Diamond said.

Aria reluctantly lets go of the girl. Diamond Tiara falls to her knees in fear as Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Silver Spoon hug her to comfort her.

Discord looks Diamond Tiara in the eyes and when he was about to say something Silver Spoon interrupts. "Her eye color turned greener a few months after she was kidnapped, Master Rich took her to a doctor but there was nothing wrong with her, so we just ignored it."

Discord catches a moth and shows it to the girls. “This insect was bred to follow certain types of smells, the gods of the plague faction create certain types of diseases… they don't cause pain, they don't itch, they don't burn, but they emit a slight smell, so they only have to release a few insects and no matter where you are, they will always find the smell, the change in eye color is just a small side effect."

“So they found us because of me?” Diamond Tiara said as she was on the verge of tears.

No one had noticed the dark clouds that had formed over the camp and at that moment two lightning bolts struck near the camp. When the smoke cleared, two gods appeared.

"Chrysalis and Tirek." Discord said. "How long have we not seen each other?"

Chrysalis notices that Discord was examining Diamond Tiara and the goddess lets out a small laugh. "I see you've figured it out, but don't blame the little human."

"I don't blame her, I personally think you just used her to find us."

The goddess laughs again. "Do you really believe that? The truth is that this was all an accident." Then the goddess notices that no one understood what she was referring to. "I only gave her the small illness that the girl has so I could take care of her, when they kidnapped her I took precautions, her discovering the fallen gods was just a happy coincidence."

“You once told me that even if you are a god of divination, you cannot foresee everything… my friend.” Tirek said.

"It's been a long time my cuckold friend, how is Scorpan doing?"

“He also came, you can say hello when you see him.” Tirek replied. "I guess you regret bringing her." The god said as he pointed at the girl.

“No, even if I had realized, I would still have brought them to camp, it is true that there are things that I cannot foresee and every action we take can alter the future, but the decisions we make can change or preserve the results... ". Discord sees Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Silver Spoon trying to comfort Diamond Tiara. “Each decision is a fragment that constantly changes and each fragment is a piece to form the future and I do not regret the future that may be forming... even this moment is another fragment.”

"Is that why you rebelled against All Master and the council of gods?!" Tirek exclaimed. "When the council of gods found out about your divination, they expected you to cooperate to prevent that future, but you conspired to ensure that future, you wanted other gods to join you, you are suspected of urging Queen Luna to provoke a rebellion and you are even using your divine power to block the divinations of the loyal gods just because you believe that humans do not need the gods… the only thing you have achieved is chaos".

“Do you still blame humans for what happened to your brother?”

Tirek was about to attack Discord but Chrysalis stops him. "Listen Discord, many in the council of the gods still have a certain respect for you and believe that it would be a waste to kill you and your followers, so they say, that if you surrender peacefully, the punishment will be light and everyone will be able to return to the sacred land. "

"I see that they also brought a considerable number of the lightning faction." Discord deduced as he saw the dark clouds in the sky.

"As soon as I order it, each lightning strike will teleport a god from different factions ready to fight against you and the fallen gods."

“Did they make the same offer to our guards?” Discord asks and Chrysalis remains silent. “Then this is how it will be.”

Chrysalis seems disappointed about the situation and signals with her halberd and a large amount of lightning strikes the camp.

Aria didn't really like running away from a battle but she had agreed to follow Starlight and Discord's plan, that meant not revealing that there were demons outside of Tartarus. "This is going to get worse before it gets better, we have to find Wallflower and Fluttershy, then we have to return to the gates of Tartarus." She said to Rarity.

"My clan's priority is the return of Nightmare's soul." The demon replies.

"Your clan submitted to the Supreme Queen, the rest is secondary!" Aria responds.

"Okay, but as soon as we have achieved the objectives, I will return to my mission." Rarity said reluctantly, then she saw her sister. "Sweetie Belle, you and your friends are with us until we find a safe place."

“Thank you sister, I will stay with my friend, remember that plans were made in case of an attack on the camp.”

Rarity retreats with Aria and the girls while around them the gods begin to fight.


“The council of gods found us and launched an attack throughout the camp. Right now Gloriosa is gathering all the humans and fallen gods so they can escape in small groups, the fallen gods who can fight will be in charge of covering the retreat.”

“And Discord?” Sunset asked.

"He was in the center of the camp when it all started." Timber responded. “I don't know what Discord expects from you but…”

"Interesting." Said a god holding a fire sword. "After all, there were humans collaborating with the fallen."

“Do you think that's why they sent us to this area?” Another god said. "I know we are minor gods but they send us to deal with humans... I feel insulted."

"You better take advantage of this opportunity, I don't know if you have noticed but he is the legendary Timber Spruse, before he defected he was the best swordsman of the lightning affiliation, killing him could improve our status."

The group of gods were talking and taking everything lightly, Timber noted that they were young gods who had never left the domain of the gods. “Listen Sunset, when I give you the signal you will have to run quickly with the others, I will take care of them.” He said as he unsheathed a sword.

"Are you sure? There are too many." But Sunset realized that Timber wasn't going to back down. "What's the sign?" In an instant, Timber transforms into lightning and quickly attacks the enemy gods. "I guess that's that sign." Then Sunset runs in the direction he had pointed.

Sunset ran until she reached Fluttershy who had gathered a group of humans. "I'm glad you're okay, some didn't want to leave without you." The goddess said worriedly.

"Your Majesty, we finally found you." Twilight said.

"You wouldn't believe the scandal, Twilight said she wouldn't leave without you." Applejack said.

“Where is Velvet?” Sunset asks.

"Mom had to leave in another group... although she didn't want to leave without you, we had to separate or else we wouldn't be able to escape, she said that if this got worse we should meet in Canterlot." Shining Armor reported.

"It's a shame, I was starting to like this place." Pinkie Pie said a little sad.

"Me too". Flash Sentry said.

"Most of the fallen gods are fighting, we will take advantage of the distraction to flee, Carrot Cake and Cheese Sandwich are waiting to help us escape." Fluttershy told them as most of the humans left. "If everything goes well we can..." A spear suddenly hits Fluttershy's back, leaving the goddess seriously injured.

"I'm disappointed, Shy, I didn't expect you to fall so easily." A dark-skinned god with a toned body and arms and legs so thick that looked like trunks.

"Who are you?" Applejack shouted as he prepared to fight.

"Don't confront him!" Fluttershy shouted as she tried to stop the bleeding from his wound. "His name is Scorpan, he is one of the great gods, he belongs to the Wrath affiliation."

"You are not gods." Scorpan says and apparently that made him smile. "And here I thought this would be boring." He then prepares to throw another spear.

"Run!!" Sunset shouted and quickly picked up Fluttershy to carry her so she could escape too.

“Why do we run away? “We are more and now we are all a little stronger.” Applejack asked Sunset as they ran.

"Don't you remember the first thing Discord wanted us to learn when we arrived?" Sunset said.

“You have to flee from an opponent of superior or unknown abilities.” Pinkie Pie yelled.

"We can't go back with the others." Fluttershy said weakly as she could barely speak due to the spear wound. "Scorpan is too powerful, he could kill us all."

Sunset thought about what the wounded goddess had said. "Let's quickly return to camp!" No one argued with Sunset's order and they went straight to the camp even though they saw that many tents were on fire.

When Scorpan noticed that instead of going to the forest the humans were heading to the camp, the god couldn't help but smiled. "Interesting... then let's play." Scorpan waited for the humans to enter the camp and then began chasing them.


Sunset, Flash, Shining, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Twilight and Fluttershy were all hiding in the same tent hoping that Scorpan wouldn't find them and at the same time seeing how hurt the goddess was.

"I hope we're safe here." Twilight said.

"I never thought I would see the corpse of a god." Flash said referring to the bodies they found along the way.

“The battle was quick, as soon as it was over the survivors must have gone to another part of the camp.” Shining Armor said.

“But what should we do? From what I understand, one of the Great Gods was chasing us and instead of heading into the forest we decided to return to the camp.” Applejack complained.

"Scorpan has a little obsession with humans." Fluttershy said weakly. "If we met up with the others, Scorpan would kill them all."

"I finally found them." Everyone quickly took out their swords and saw where the voice came from. “Let me tell you, you still have half a century before you make me fight seriously.” Aria said as she walked in along with Rarity, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara.

Applejack went to hug her sister, grateful that she were okay. "You don't know how worried I was about you." Then Applejack realizes something. "Why aren't you with the other groups to escape?"

"We were in the center of the camp when the attack began." Rarity said. "Discord and other gods are fighting now."

“Besides, we couldn't leave without Fluttershy, she is vital to our plans, at least Wallflower is safe, Double Diamond is with her right now. And why haven't you escaped?"

"Fluttershy told us not to meet the others." Flash responds. "A god named Scorpan is chasing us."

"That's bad". Aria said. "I don't know why, but Scorpan has an unhealthy love for humans."

“You are one of the most powerful demons that exists, do you think you could stop him?”

"I could fight him." Aria responded. "But the Supreme Queen ordered that we must not yet expose ourselves to our enemies."

Sunset spoke. "Rarity told me why Fluttershy is necessary for the plan and I think I understand why they have to keep the demons a secret..." No one knew how to get out of the situation. "We'll have to distract Scorpan so they can take Futtershy away safely."

"Are you crazy?!" Applejack exclaimed. He's not a diamond dog you can fight and I'm sure you'd need a more complicated plan than in the mines."

"We will support whatever plan your majesty has." Shining Armor said.

"I trust that whatever plan you have won't kill us." Flash said.

Sunset saw the determined looks of her comrades.

“They have hope in you.” Aria said.

"You do realize that maybe we could all die, right?" Applejack asked.

"Maybe?" Sunset replied.

"Well, I just wanted to be sure of your decision. What's the plan?"

"Pinkie, do you remember what you wanted to show me today?" Sunset asks with a half smile as Pinkie makes a bigger smile.

PreviousChapters Next