• Published 17th Jan 2023
  • 1,662 Views, 78 Comments

Twilight's Duel School of Friendship: Sophomore Year - k00l



Year 2 has begun in Twilight's School of Friendship and Dueling. The Student Six are about to exprience an even crazier year than the last as an ancient enemy makes a horrific return.

  • ...
3
 78
 1,662

Chapter 24: Seige of the School Part 6

Brisk, Roulette, and Gizmo all three run into Headmare Twilight's office. They close the door and then peek out the window.
"Y-you guys think we were followed?" Asked Gizmo shaking.

"No, I think we are fine." Said Roulette trying to catch her breath.

"We shouldn't have ran, we should be facing the Shadows to protect our friends." Brisk grits his teeth as he looks away from the window.

"I know, but... I need a moment ok!" Said Roulette. She was terrified, so Brisk let out a soft sigh.

"Alright, let's catch our breath and regain our composure." Said Brisk. He looks down at Gizmo who is still shaking badly.

"Hey bud, calm down. it'll be alright." Brisk was trying to calm him down a bit.

"I-I can't help it!" Said Gizmo through chattering teeth.

"Ahh! Brisk!" Yelled Roulette.

Brisk turns around to see a pitch-black mist seeping in from the bottom of the door. Brisk and Roulette back up as Gismo quickly hides underneath Twilight's desk. More and more of the mist spills in and slowly starts to form into a shape. It was one of the Shadow Riders.

"Gah! Get back you!" yelled Brisk, stomping his front hooves at the specter.

"You're not element bearers, are you?" Said the Shadow Rider, it had a female voice.

"No, but we are their protectors!" Said Roulette, standing next to Brisk.

"Who are you!?" Demanded Brisk.

"I am Karma. You two are a waste of my time." Said Karma as she turned to exit.

"What's the matter? Afraid both of us will beat ya!?" Taunted Brisk. Slowly, Karma turns around and faces them again. She took a step towards them.

"Fine, if you are eager to lose your souls," Karma spoke as she adjusted her hood.

"Handicap duel! Two-on-one, Me and Roulette share a field and graveyard. We share 8000 life points and you also have 8000. We will also take turns going next. You go first, then me, then back to you, then Roulette, Understand?" Brisk explained the rules.

"Of course, now let's duel." Said Karma as the shadows formed her duel disk. Brisk and Roulette activate theirs.

"DUEL"

[Brisk and Roulette vs. Karma]

"I'll go first, I draw." Said Karma. "I summon Cardcar D. {800atk. 200def. Lv2} The turn I summon this card, I can immediately tribute it to draw two cards, But my turn must immediately end as well. So your move pal."

"My move, I draw." Said Brisk "I summon the D.D. Warrior! {1200atk. 1000def. Lv4} He will then attack you directly." As the Warrior attacks with his sword, Karma doesn't react to the damage. "I will end there, Back to you."

"Wonderful, I draw." Said Karma. "I set one monster and I end."

"You're not taking this seriously, are you? We'll make you regret that! Draw!" Said Roulette. "I activate the spell Cup of Ace! I flip a coin, heads I draw 2 cards, tails, you draw two cards. Go coin flip!" A large shadowy coin materializes on the field and is flipped. It lands on heads. "Thank you lady luck, that's two cards for me. I set three cards and I will attack your face down with my Partner's card." The warrior stabs the card, but it flips to show a sinister-looking machine.

"Heh, you flipped my Cyber Jar. All monsters on the field are destroyed. Now we each reveal the top five cards of our decks. I reveal Polymerization, Machine King Prototype, Cyber Ogre, Amplifier, and Cyber Esper." Said Karma.

"I reveal Monster Reborn, Card of Demise, Dust Knight, Kiryu, and Different dimension capsule." Said Brisk.

"I reveal Dangerous Machine Type Six, Graceful Dice, Abare Ushoni, Sand Gambler, and Skull Dice." Said Roulette.

"Good, All level 4 monsters you reveal can be placed on the field however you like. My two monsters will be face up, the rest of the cards go into your hoof." Said Karma.

"I set my Dust Knight face down." Said Brisk.

"My Abare Ushoni will be in attack {1200atk. 1200def. Lv4} while Sand Gambler will be in defense." Said Roulette. "To avoid having to discard some cards. I enter Main phase two and set one more card."

[Brisk and Roulette 8000/ Karma 6800]

[Brisk 9 cards/ Roulette 6 cards/ Karma 10 cards]

"My move, I draw," Karma said while smiling at her hoof. "I tribute my Machine King to summon my Jinzo!"

"No!" Yells Roulette. Jinzo is summoned to the field and then crosses his arms. "This isn't good! Most of the cards I set face down were traps!"

"No problem, we'll get around it." Brisk reassured her.

"But our back row is nearly full!" Roulette looks at Brisk with uncertainty.

"One is all I need." Brisk narrows his eyes and looks back at Karma

"I'm far from done, Now I equip him with the Equip Spell Amplifier. Now only you are locked out of trap cards. Now I activate Polymerization! I fuse the two Cyber Ogres in my hoof to fusion summon Cyber Ogre 2! {2600atk. 1900def. Lv7}. Jinzo, attack their face-down card!" Jinzo powers up a Psychic shockwave and blasts it towards the card. It flips to show Dust Knight before being destroyed.

"When Dust Knight is flipped, I send one earth monster from my deck to the grave." Said Brisk. "I send my Buster Blader."

"Now My Cyber Ogre will attack your Ushioni." Said Karma.

"Before you do, I will activate his effect! I flip a coin and call it. If I'm right, you take 1000 points of damage, if I'm wrong we will take the damage. Go coin flip!...Tails!" The coin flips again and lands on tails. "Yes! Tails never Fails!" Karma is shocked for points and now looks annoyed.

"The amount of damage you will take will put you in your place! When Cyber Ogre 2 attacks, he gains attack equal to half his attacking target. He gets 600 extra attack making him 3200!" Cyber Ogre raises his massive claw and brings it down hard and destroys Ushioni, causing Brisk and Roulette to groan loudly. "I now end my turn."

[Brisk and Roulette 6000/ Karma 5800]

[Karma 6 cards]

"Gah... I forgot how painful Shadow Duels are! Mnnngh! I draw!" Brisk winces.

"With Cyber Esper on the field, you must show me what you drew." Karma chuckled.

"Fine, it is Mystical Space Typhoon." Said Brisk. "I will now activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Amplifier!" As the card is destroyed Karma looks annoyed again. "Now I activate the spell Spell Reproduction! I send two spells from my hoof to the grave, I send Emblem of the Dragon Destroyer and Confiscation to the grave to re-add MST to my hoof. Now I activate Monster Reborn to summon to the field, Buster Blader! {2600atk. 2300def. Lv7}" Buster Blader stands directly in front of Brisk and plants his sword into the ground like he is protecting Brisk. "Buster Blader, attack Jinzo!" Buster Blader lifts his huge blade and slices Jinzo in half. "There you go Roulette, now you have access to your cards again."

"Thanks, Brisk." Roulette said with a smile.

"I still have my Cyber Ogre! I draw." Said Karma as she drew. "I activate Cosmic Cyclone. By paying 1000 life points I can banish one spell or trap on the field. I banish your set card on the far right!"

"Ngh! You banished my Fairy Box trap card." Said Roulette.

"Perfect, Now My Ogre will attack your Buster Blader, and don't forget its effect, it gains 1300 attack now, making him 3900!" Said Karma

"Not so fast!" I activate my face down The quick play spell Roulette Spider!" Said Roulette. The Spider Emerges from the card, it quickly hops over to Roulette and cuddles up to her while squeaking playfully. Roulette is pretty confused by this until the spider finally lets go of her and attaches to the Ogre. "That... was weird. But anyway, time for its effect. I roll a die, and depending on the outcome, will yield an effect, Go Die Roll!" The die is rolled and lands on one. "Ack! Bad roll! That halves our life points!" Said Roulette. Karma smiles at that result. "However, I came prepared for that, I activate my face down Dice Re-roll! This allows me to roll once again for a better outcome." The die is rolled again and lands on 3. "Phew, that's much better. This number allows me to change your attack target to my Sand Gambler, who is in a defensive position." The Ogre is forced into attacking the sand gambler instead of Buster Blader.

"Thanks Roulette. That would have been a big hit to us." Said Brisk.

"Don't worry about it." Said Roulette smiling again.

"Well then, I guess I have no choice but to end my turn." Said Karma.

[Brisk and Roulette 6000/ Karma 4600]

[Brisk 6 cards/ karma 6 cards]

"My move, Draw." Said Roulette. "I activate the spell Question! Tell me Karma, how lucky do you feel? You need to guess the first monster sent to our graveyard. Since me and Brisk are sharing a grave, it could be either one of our monsters. Choose wisely, if you guess right, the monster is banished, guess wrong and the first monster is special summoned to the field."

"Very well." Karma thinks for a moment before declaring. "D.D. warrior was the first monster summoned, so I choose him."

"Well, lucky you, you are correct, Unfortunately, it's not the first monster in the graveyard." Roulette smirks.

"What!? How can I be right and wrong at the same time!?" Karma demanded.

"Simple, D.D. Warrior was the first monster to be destroyed on our side of the field, but due to his effect he was banished upon destruction!" Said Brisk.

"The first monster in our Graveyard is Abre Ushioni!" Said Roulette as Ushioni is summoned back into defense mode. "Now I activate the Spell Dangerous Machine Type Six! But we'll have to wait to activate it. Now I will activate the continuous spell Second Coin Toss. If I do a coin toss this turn, I get once chance to redo it. Now To activate Ushioni's effect to flip a coin and call it to deal 1000 points of damage. Go coin flip, Tails!" The coin flips and lands on heads. "That's alright because I activate Second Coin Toss, Tails!" The coin is flipped again and lands on tails. "Perfect. That's 1000 points of damage to you shadow!" Karma is shocked again, it is more painful now causing her to moan out. "Now it's time to get rid of your Cyber Ogre! I attack him with Buster Blader!"

"You fool! Even without his effect kicking in, they will both be destroyed!" Said Karma.

"Not for long, I activate my last trap card, Skull Dice! I roll a Die, and the outcome is multiplied by 100, and that number is subtracted from your monster's attack! Go Die Roll!" Yelled Roulette. The die rolls and lands on 6. "HOOYEAH! that's 600 points! Buster Blader, attack!" Buster Blader lifts his huge Sword and slashes the Cyber Ogre who wails out in a electronic shriek and then is destroyed. "Now Ushioni go in for a direct attack!" Ushioni rams Karma with his horns and knocks her hard against Headmare Twilight's door. "Take that Shadow! I end!" Roulette and Brisk then Hoof bump each other.

[Brisk and Roulette 6000/ Karma 1800]

[Roulette 3 cards]

"This game is ours, Roulette. To think we were scared of you, you ain't so tough shadow!" Bragged Brisk while smirking. Very slowly, Karma gets up, she looks at them and smiles.

"Well then, I guess I gotta stop holding back then. I draw." Said Karma. "First, since you control 2 more monsters than I do, I can special summon from my hoof, The Fiend Megacyber {2200atk. 1200def. Lv6} I activate the spell Change of heart, to take control of your Buster Blader." Buster Blader groans as he tries to stop himself from stepping onto Karma's side of the field.

"Buster Blader!" Yelled Brisk, holding his hoof out to his monster.

"We'll get it back next turn Brisk." Said Roulette.

"No, you won't because now I activate the continuous spell Cosmos Channeling. This allows me to tribute one monster on my side of the field owned by you, to special summon a Machine monster from my Graveyard, I summon Jinzo back to the Field. Buster Blader slowly dissipates and then Jinzo takes his place.

"No! How dare you!" yells Brisk. Karma only chuckles.

"Now I build the Overlay Network, I Xyz summon Jinzo - Layered {2600atk. 1500def. Lv6}." Said Karma "Now for my Normal summon, I summon Biofalcon! {1700atk, 1200def. Lv4}. Now I activate the spell Iron Draw! While I control exactly two machine monsters, I draw two cards. Now for the rest of this turn, I can special summon only one more time. One more time is all I need, since there is a trap card in your graveyard, I can special summon Jinzo The Machine Menace from my hoof! {2400atk. 1500def. Lv7}"

"Sweet Celestia... That is a lot of monsters..." Roulette took a few steps backward.

"I'm still not done worm." Said Karma.

"You can't summon anymore, what else can you do!?" Demanded Brisk.

"Just watch! I activate Jinzo Layered's effect! By detaching one of his Xyz materials I take Control of your Ushioni!" Yells Karma.

"WHAT!?" Both Brisk and Roulette yell at the same time.

"Unfortunately I cannot use your Ushioni to attack, or even use its effect, But with it out of the way, I can attack you directly for 6700 points of Damage!" Said Karma.

"6700!?!?!?" Yells Roulette.

"That... That means..." Said Brisk realizing that this was it.

"Jinzo, Biofalcon, Jinzo Menace, Attack them directly" Karma commanded. All monsters attack at the same time, causing a huge explosion, decimating Brisk's and Roulette's life points.

[Brisk Bronco and Roulette Vs. Karma: Winner Karma]

Gizmo slowly peaks out over the desk as he hears the final turn of the duel. His eyes widen when he realizes it was Brisk and Roulette who lost.

"Two against one, and you couldn't beat me. I am not in the least bit shocked." Karma boasted, sticking her nose in the air.

"n-No! I don't want to lose my soul!" Cried Roulette as tears flooded her eyes. Brisk Slowly sits up and pulls her into a hug. Roulette latches onto him and buries her face into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Roulette...I'm so sor-" Said Brisk before being cut off as The Shadows latch onto him and Roulette. Gizmo quickly ducks back down, not wanting to see as tears fill his eyes. He covers his mouth with hooves to prevent himself from making a noise as he begins to sob to himself. He hears their bodies hit the floor, and Karma chuckling to herself. He doesn't hear her leave, so he stays hidden for about 10 minutes. He slowly peaks out and sees that she is in fact gone. He steps out and gasps seeing both Brisk and Roulette on the floor, unresponsive, and still hugging each other. He breaks down and starts crying over them as he leans over and hugs both of them still crying. He hears the door open and he quickly looks over, it is Gallus, along with Gram.

"Giz! Are you....ok?" Asked Gallus as he saw Gizmo crying over Brisk and Roulette. He then realizes what has happened to them. "No... I'm too late... I'm sorry Giz."

"They protected me... And I just hid like a coward!" Cried Gizmo as tears ran down his cheeks.

"Come on dude, come with me. I'll protect you." Said Gallus. Gizmo Slowly gets up and walks to Gallus. He pretty much clings to his side as they both leave the Office.

End of Chapter 24