• Published 17th Jan 2023
  • 1,662 Views, 78 Comments

Twilight's Duel School of Friendship: Sophomore Year - k00l



Year 2 has begun in Twilight's School of Friendship and Dueling. The Student Six are about to exprience an even crazier year than the last as an ancient enemy makes a horrific return.

  • ...
3
 78
 1,662

Chapter 20: Siege of the School Part 2

Gallus was by himself as he decided to take the second floor, he runs through the right corridor following a very cold breeze, He turns a corner and goes through a door, he looks around and discovers that he is in Headmare Twilight's classroom. On the chalkboard, Twilight hasn't even erased her last lesson on Duel Monster history. Strange, he actually, kinda missed school. As he approached the chalkboard, he felt the feathers on the back of his neck stand on end. He scowls his eyes as he knew the Shadow was right behind him, he turns to look the Shadow Rider in the face. It was a mare, small in stature, but still covered head to hoof in shadows. she wore her mask and had short black hair and a dark purple coat.
"So, you finally found me Element." Said the Shadow.
"Who are you!" Demanded Gallus.
"Call me Athena, and you, are my new play thing." Said Athena.
"We'll see about that! I'm tired of dealing with you Shadow Riders! Time to put you away for good!" Yelled Gallus as he activated his duel disk.
"Right to it then are we? Hehehe, no foreplay?" Teased Athena as the shadows form her duel disk.

"DUEL"

[Gallus vs. Athena]

"My move sweety, I draw." Said Athena. "I set one card, then, I summon Eva. {500atk. 200def. Lv1} That's my turn, let's see if you can sweep me off my hooves during your turn."
"Lady, I already have a crush, and it ain't you, I draw!" Said Gallus. "I activate the spell Black Whirlwind! Every time I normal summon a Blackwing monster, I add another Blackwing monster from my deck to my claw, as long as it's attack is lower than the monster I summoned! Now I summon Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor! {800atk. 0def. Lv1 Tuner}, Since I normal summoned him, with Black Whirlwind, I add Blackwing - Oroshi the Squall to my claw. Now Vayu will attack youe Eva!" Vayu looks up and reveals he is holding kunis, and throws them at Eva, they strike her and destroy her. "How's that for a first turn!?"

[Gallus 4000/ Athena 3700]

[Gallus 5 cards/ Athena 4 cards]

"Marvelous my dear, my move." Said Athena as she drew. "I activate the spell Cards from the sky. By Banishing one light fairy monster from my hoof, I draw two cards. Lucky for you I can't special summon or enter my battle phase this turn because of that, so I end right here."
"Not even gonna summon at all? Heh, Fine by me! I draw!" Said Gallus. "I summon Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow! {1400atk. 1000def. Lv3} Now I activate Black Whirlwind again to add Blackwing - Damascus the Polar Night to my claw. Also since I have a Blackwing on my field, I can special summon Blackwing - Harmattan the Dust! {800atk. 800def. Lv2} Now, with all three of my monsters I tune for 6! I Synchro summon Blackwing Armed Wing! {2300atk. 1000def. Lv6 Synchro} Armed Wing, attack her directly!" Armed Wing gets on one knee and aims his gun right at Athena and is about to fire.
"Oh Sweety, like I'd ever let you do that. I activate my face down, Miraculous Descent! I target one of my banished fairies and summon it to the field, and since I banished one on my last turn, well then, you can see where I'm going with this." Chuckled Athena. "I summon Tethys, Goddess of Light! {2400atk. 1800def. Lv5}"
"Gah! You lucked out!" Said Gallus.
"Oh my sweet little birdie, that wasn't luck, that was all skill." Said Athena as she smirks at him

[Gallus 5 cards/ Athena 5 cards]

"My turn lover boy. I draw." Said Athena. "I now activate Tethys's effect. When I draw a fairy monster, I draw a second card. Since I drew Shining Angel, I draw a second card."
"For a Shadow, a lot of your cards are Light."Commented Gallus.
"Hehe, oh my sweet child, that's about to change." Chuckled Athena malevolently. "First I summon Shining Angel and set two cards. Now my Goddess will attack your Armored Wing!" Tethys shines a bright light onto Armored wing. it slowly burns a hole into him and he is destroyed. "Now Shining Angel, attack him directly!" Shining Angel floats in the air, and then swoops down and attacks Gallus. He lets out a pained groan and is knocked to the ground. "Heh, I end sweety."
"Woosh...I forgot, Shadows means this is all real..." Said Gallus as he slowly gets to his feet. "I draw! I place two cards face down and I summon Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite! {1600atk. 1000def. Lv4} Now Black whirlwind allows me to add Blackwing - Jetstream the Blue Sky to my claw. Now I can special summon Oroshi the Squall {400atk. 600def. Lv1 Tuner} since I controll a Blackwing. Now I tune for 5, Synchro summoning Gram the Shining Star! {2200atk. 1500def. Lv5 Synchro.}" Gram lands on the field forcefully on one knee. He slowly stands and unsheathes his sword and strikes a battle pose. Gallus looks up at him hopefully. Gram then looks back at Gallus and smiles.
"Hello Gallus." Said Gram.
"Gram! Man I missed you buddy. Ready to kick this Shadow in the rear?" Asked Gallus with a pumped up expression. Gram then Smirks.
"Haha, as always." Said Gram.

[Gallus 2500/Athena 3700]

[Gallus 3 cards, Athena 4 cards]

"What do you expect to do with that? My goddess is still the strongest monster on the field." Said Athena.
"Not for long, remember one of the monsters I added to my claw thanks to Black Whirlwind? It was Blackwing - Damascus the Polar Night, and he has an effect while in my claw. During either turn, I can discard him, then one Blackwing monster gets a 500 attack point boost for this turn!. That makes my Gram 2700 attack, just enough to beat your monster! Gram, attack her Goddess!" Commanded Gallus. Gram lets out a battle cry and points his sword into the air to signify his power up. Then, he dashes towards Tethys and slashes her in half. She lets out a terrible cry before being destroyed. Athena takes a few steps back from the attack.
"Gah! Hey! That so wasn't romantic!" She shouted.
"Yes!" Yelled Gallus as he pumps his fist. "With that, I end.
"I will make you pay for that! Draw!" Yells Athena. "I activate the spell, Sanctum of Parshath! While face up on the field or in the grave, this card's name becomes Sanctuary in the Sky! Not only that set spell and traps cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects! but that's not all, all fairy monsters gain 300 attack and defense points! Now, I tribute my Shining Angel to summon Airknight Parshath! {1900 +300atk. 1400 +300def. Lv5}" A noble and gallant centaur knight is summoned to the field and aims his sword directly at Gram, but he had a sorrowful face.
"Dude...What's up with her monster? Why does it look...Sad?" Asked Gallus.
"All Monsters from my realm are good, Well, except for a handful like the Dragon Rulers. Most do not want to cause harm, but we must do what our masters ask of us. Parshath is one of our holiest and most honorable of monsters... Seeing him weep as he is forced to fight for the shadows is heartbreaking." Said Gram.
"Now Parshath, Attack his monster!" Yelled Athena. Parshath Charges Gram and lifts his sword in the air and brings it down. Miraculously, Gram was able to block it. "Huh!? How!?"
"It's because of the first card I added to my hoof with Black Whirlwind! Jetstream the Blue Sky! I can discard him during the battle phase to prevent the destruction of Gram!" Gallus Responded. Gram and Parshath look at each other with their weapons still locked.
"....Whatever I do.... Please forgive me." Said Parshath to Gram.
"Of course Holy Airknight." Gram responded.

[Gallus 2400. Athena 3400]

[Gallus 1 card/ Athena 3 cards]

"You lucked out on keeping your monster, but you still take damage, allowing me to activate parshath's effect. When He causes Battle damage, I draw 1 Card." Said Athena
"My turn, I draw!" Said Gallus. "Oh Yes! prepare to get knocked down a few pegs lady, because I activate the spell card Blustering Winds! This gives Gram 1000 attack and defense until my next Standby phase, making him 3200, and 2500! Gram, Take out her Parshath! With one fatal slice, Gram is able to slice the top half of Parshath, and destroys him.
"Stay safe in the graveyard Noble one." Said Gram. Gallus Smiles until he looks up at Athena. Her Shadows start to get very agitated.
"How dare you! You uncouth barbarian! That's it!" Yelled Athena as she grabs Parshath off of her duel disk and raises it up.
"NO! She is going to corrupt it! Gram Stop her! Yelled Gallus. Gram quickly darts towards Athena, but the shadows around her fire out at Gram and hold him back. He struggles to get free as the Shadows also flow into the card and begin to corrupt it.
"No! Stop it! Stop it now!" Demanded Gram, but it was too late. When the pained cries have faded, She lowers the card and then glares at both Gram and Gallus.
"Now I activate the spell The Shallow Grave. We both summon a monster from our graves in face down defense position." Said Athena. "It doesn't matter what mine is, because i use it as Tribute to summon Darknight Parshath! {1900 +300atk. 1400 +300def. Lv5.}" As Darknight is summoned to the field, everything that made his honorable, has been twisted. His skin stained grey, and his eyes glowed a crimson red, and his frown, turned into the most malicious grin Gallus had ever seen. "Darknight, use the power of the shadows to finally strike down his Gram!" Darknight lifts his sword and stands on his hind legs. Gram looks down at the ground, a single tear could be seen running down his cheek. Just then, Darknight brings his sword down hard, and destroys Gram.

[Gallus 2300/ Athena 3400]

[Gallus 1 card/ Athena 3 cards]

Gallus drops to his knees, the pain from the attacks, the manipulation of the Shadows, and the loss of his ace card was starting to get to him. But he knew he must persevere.
"M-my turn, Draw!" Says Gallus. "I flip summon Blackwing - Damascus the Polar Night, Now I activate the effect of Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite in my grave. I bring Damascus back to my claw, and Zephyros takes his place! Now I can Special summon Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind! {1300atk. 400def. Lv3 Tuner.} I can special summon him because his effect allows me too if I have a Blackwing on the field. Now, with Zephyros being a level 4, and Gale's level being 3, I tune for 7, Synchro Summoning Blackwing Tamer - Obsidian Hawk Joe! {2600atk. 2000def. Lv7 Tuner.}" Hawk Joe Lands on the field and crosses his arms. "Oh Yeah! I'm really getting the hang of this! With Hawk Joe's effect, I can resummon to the field one level 5 or higher winged beast monster from my grave, I chose Gram!" Gram Is resummoned to the field and stands next to Hawk Joe. "Now I discard Damascus to activate his effect to give Gram 500 extra attack, to make him 2700! Now the last card in my claw is Monster reborn, I activate it to summon back Gale the Whirlwind! now add the points up! their combined attack is 6600, even with your Parshath in the way, their combined attack will finish you off!"
"Wait, wait really!?" Said Athena.
"Gram, Joe, Gale! Finish her off!" Commanded Gallus. Joe pulls out his sword and dash towards Parshath, and easly slices him in half. Parshath lets out a pained cry before he is destroyed. Then Gale and Gram dart past Joe and both simultaneously attack Athena.

[Gallus Vs. Athena: Winner Gallus]

Immediately after Gallus's win, the Shadows begin their attack on Athena who cries in fear as she begs for mercy. Gallus turns his head away, the last time he saw somecreature lose their soul to the shadows was pretty traumatizing. He could hear the Shadows forcefully ripping the soul from her. He didn't turn back until he heard the thud of her body hitting the floor. He slowly turned his head back towards her, but was surprised to see Gram there.
"Gram!? How are you still here?" Asked Gallus.
"We are in the Shadow Realm, I can stay with you as long as I want here." Said Gram. He soon steps forward and kneels down. "Listen Gallus, you need to hear this. You need to find your friends, many of our allies are losing their duels, and their souls have been taken from them."
"Wait, really? Oh no!" Said Gallus starting to freak out.
"Come on, we must find them!" Said Gram as he stands up, and he and Gallus run back down stairs to look for the others.

End of Chapter 20