• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 765 Views, 3 Comments

Requiem For The Flesh - Astral Sketch



The Mane 6 encounter a being that they have never seen in their world

  • ...
10
 3
 765

TAKEN pt.2

The Main Six have been searching for Wind Burst all over Ponyville for hours now. To cover more ground they each split up into pairs, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy searched from above, Pinkie Pie and Rarity would search one part of town, and Twilight and Applejack searched the other. They asked many of the residents if they have seen the missing Pegasus, but they were not able to get any results. They had arranged to meet back at the center of town after each pair had finished their search. After finding no leads, Twilight and Applejack headed towards the center of town. When the two arrived they found the other four waiting for them.

"Any news!" asked Rainbow Dash.

Twilight and Applejack lowered their heads.

"YOU TOO?! WE LOOKED ALL OVER PONVILLE HOW COULD WE NOT FIND HER!" panicked Rainbow Dash.

"Calm down Rainbow Dash we'll find her we just need to keep looking" said Twilight.

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN WIND BURST IS STILL MISSING!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow Dash is right we looked all over town, where could she possibly have gone?" asked Rarity.

"I don't know, she must have gone somewhere nopony would look for her" said Twilight.

"But she got here just yesterday, how in tarnation could she find ah place so soon?" asked Applejack.

Just then Fluttershy lowered her head and started shaking. Pinkie Pie was the first to notice this.

"Fluttershy what's wrong?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"I...I think I know where Wind Burst might have gone to" said Fluttershy weakly.

They all turned their heads towards her, causing her to sink back a bit.

"YOU DO?! Why didn't you say so earlier?!" snapped Rainbow Dash.

"I... I didn't think of it before" said Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy please, where do you think she could have went?" asked Twilight.

"...The...Everfree Forest" said Fluttershy.


The Cutie Mark Crusaders were galloping as fast as they could through the Everfree Forest. Scared of what they saw, getting out of the forest was the only thing the three fillies could think of.

"What was that thing!" said Scootaloo.

"Ah don't know why don't you go ask it?" replied Apple Bloom.

"Are you kidding?!" said Scootaloo.

"Stop it! Let’s just get out of here" said Sweetie Bell.

"Don't worry Sweetie Bell we're almost there" said Apple Bloom.


The Main Six had just arrived outside of Fluttershy's cottage, they were standing at the entrance into the Everfree Forest.

"Well what are we waiting for let's go!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Wait! Fluttershy are you sure Wind Burst could have gone in there?" asked Twilight.

"Yes" said Fluttershy "I remember when Wind Burst came over she asked about it, I told her nopony goes in there. Other than the park she doesn't know anything else about Ponyville."

"Looks like we an't got no choice then" said Applejack.

Just before they entered the forest, they noticed something was coming their way.

"What's that?" said Pinkie Pie.

When the Cutie Mark Crusaders rushed out of the forest they saw six mares in front of them. To avoid crashing into them they stopped as fast as they could which caused the dirt to rise up as they skidded in front of the six. When the dust settled Apple Bloom looked up to see her sister in front of them.

"Applejack!" said Apple Bloom excitedly.

*cough cough* “…Apple Bloom! What we’re ya doing in the forest?! How many times have ah told ya not ta go in there without ah grown up?!" said Applejack angrily.

"What were you thinking Sweetie Bell? You know how dangerous the Everfree Forest is," said Rarity brushing off dirt out of her coat.

"We were just tryin to get our cutie marks Applejack," said Apple Bloom.

"We thought we gave up being creature catchers to soon, so we tried it again" said Scootaloo.

"That was until we saw a pony get swallowed up by some monster!" said Sweetie Bell.

"WHAT?!" said the six mares in unison.

"It looked like a big metal ball with one red eye, then it opened up and grabbed some pegasus with its weird arms and swallow her up!" said Scootaloo.

"Then it just floated away" said Apple Bloom.

The Mane Six were stunned at what the three fillies had just told them.

"Wait! You said that thing swallowed a pegasus, was it a mare? Did she have a bandaged wing?!" asked Rainbow Dash.

The three fillies paused for a moment trying to remember.

"I… I think she did" said Sweetie Bell.

All six felt a sinking feeling in their stomachs as soon as they heard Sweetie Bell's answer. Tears were beginning to well up under Fluttershy's eyes.

"NO! IT CAN BE!" panicked Rainbow Dash.

"Wait! This doesn't make sense," said Twilight "How would something metal digest food? Girls are you sure it ate her? Is there anything else you can remember?"

"It opened up and placed her inside" said Apple Bloom.

"Was that it? Are you sure?" asked Twilight.

"Wait! It said something after she was inside it" said Sweetie Bell.

"WHAT?!" shouted the Main Six in unison.

"It said Speci...something acqiered and it was returning to its base" said Sweetie Bell.

"It said specimen" said Apple Bloom.

"Specimen?" said Twilight "Than that means Wind Burst wasn't eaten!."

"What do you mean Twilight?!" said Rainbow Dash with a hint of confusion.

"If the thing that took Wind Burst called her a specimen, as in something to study, then it means that it wanted her alive. It also said it was going back to some base. If Wind Burst is a specimen then that must mean that she was taken to some kind of lab. Girls you need to lead us to where you saw that thing take Wind Burst."

"Back into the forest?" said Sweetie Bell with a hint of fear.

"Please only you three can help us save a friend" said Twilight.

The three scared fillies looked at each other and after a moment of silence, they then agreed to show them the way.

"But Twilight how do you even know if she's still alive?" said Fluttershy.

"I don't," replied Twilight in a worried tone. "But it's all we got to go by."

"Than what are we waiting for?!" said Rainbow Dash with a hopeful tone.

With that the Main Six and the Cutie Mark Crusaders went into the Everfree Forest.


When Wind Burst woke up she was blinded by a bright light, her first thought was Am I dead? That was until she heard a beeping sound nearby, when her eyes adjusted she found herself in a large room.

"hmmm it appears the patient has awaken" said a strange almost electronic voice.

Wind Bust turned her head towards the direction where she heard the voice. What she saw was a strange being looking at a large monitor screen. She could hear a rapid tapping sound as if someone was using a keyboard. With its back turn towards her she noticed some kind of harness attached to its back that reached high on to the ceiling causing this being to be suspended a few feet into the air. It was also wearing some kind of blue robe which made it appear as if it had no feet.

"WHO... WHAT ARE YOU? WHERE AM I?" she shouted as she tried to get up.

However as hard as she tried to stand she couldn't, her legs felt weak all she could do was sit up on what she thought was an examining table.

"What did you do to me?" said Wind Burst.

"Please there's no need to be alarmed, I assure you that you're in good hands” said the being without turn around.

From what she could tell the voice sounded masculine and although those words were intended to be calming, Wind Burst could not help but feel unsettled by the artificial tone of this being's voice.

"Log-5798: the patient has awakened and as expected is still under the mild effects of the anesthesia, which I believe will fade shortly. It appears the operation was a success and I hope to begin testing of the prosthesis as soon as possible."

"OPERATION?! What operation?."

Wind Burst started examining her body franticly and gasped at the sight of her right wing, the damage limb was gone and instead of having feathers the new wing was shiny and made of metal.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!" shouted Wind Burst.

"Isn't it obvious?" said the strange being "I have healed you."

"Healed... me?" repeated Wind Burst. "But...but you took my wing! And you put this... WHAT IS THIS THING?!"

"That would be your new wing of course, when you were brought here by one of my droids I noticed it was seriously damaged. At first I feared my droid had injured you. However after closer examination I was able determine that wasn't the case. Fortunately for you I took it upon myself to replace it otherwise the likelihood of you ever flying again were how should I put it?... unlikely."

"Wait! Are you saying with this thing I'll be able to fly again?" said Wind Burst.

"If the neural graft is successful than yes, which reminds me I believe by now the effects of the anesthesia should have worn off completely, I hope you don't mind a few tests."

Wind Burst became nerves when she saw another metal ball hover towards her. However this one was different, it was a lot smaller than the one that abducted her in the forest and instead of a red eye it was blue. Suddenly she was blinded by the blue light that shined from its eye. After a second she realized it was shining its light all over her body.

"Other than a slightly elevated heart rate, scans indicate that all biological systems are normal and cellular acceleration around the prosthetic is complete" said the alien still looking at the monitor. "Now I would like to test the neural connection, if you would be so kind and move "both" your wings for me?"

Wind Burst was still nervous, but decided it was best to do what she was told for now. She began to spread her wings and was surprised to find that she felt no pain. The cybernetic wing although was made of metal was very light. She continued to flex her new wing and watched with amazement at how natural the prosthetic moved, it was as if she still had her original wing.

"So far so good."

Wind Burst flinched at how close the voice sounded, and when she turned her head to look at the alien she was stunned to find it was staring right at her. Its head was slightly egg shaped and made of metal, all it had for a face was a black visor with two large red eyes inside that looked almost insect like. With both arms behind its back it just hung there staring at her.

"I must say, I'm impressed with how quickly your species recovers even with the aid of the cellular acceleration process, now I believe we may move onto the flight test."

Wind Burst closed her eyes and spread both of her wings and began to flap. When she no longer felt the table beneath her, she opened her eyes to find herself in the air.

"I'm... I'm FLYING!" cheered Wind Burst.

"Yes I can see that" said the alien in an amused tone. "Now let's test your coordination, without exerting yourself too much, would you please fly a few laps around the lab?"

Without replying she started flying around the lab and with each lap she slowly picked up speed. With the air blowing at her face, every second in the air filled her with great joy. It was as if a piece of her that was missing was now restored. Minutes passed before she finally landed on the floor to catch her breath.

"Impressive... I think we can call that a successful test don't you think?" said the metal creature.

Wind Burst just sat there trembling, and then a few drops of liquid hit the floor. The strange being took notice and approached her. But before it got any closer, Wind Burst raised her head towards the metallic creature. With a huge smile and tears in her eyes she flew up and wrapped her forelegs around the alien.

"THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" cried Wind Burst.

"Now, now, there's no need to be so emotional" said the being as it pried itself out of her hug. Then with its long clawed cybernetic hands it placed her back on the table before going back towards the monitor screen.

"But you've done so much for me...if it wasn't for you I'd never be able to fly again, you gave me my life back," said Wind Burst.

She hoped off the table she was sitting on and headed towards the exit she saw earlier when she was testing out her cybernetic wing.

"Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are gonna freak when they see me flying again. I can't wait to show them this new wing."

Just as she was about to leave the room, the alien with its metallic finger pressed a button on the keyboard resulting with the doors sliding shut with a loud hiss locking her in. Wind Burst stepped back in surprise, she looked backed at the metallic creature with confusion.

"I'm afraid I cannot let you leave yet" said the alien as it turned around to face Wind Burst, suddenly two metallic tentacles with claws on the ends began to emerge from its back. "Your operation is not yet complete."


The Main Six had arrived at the spot where the Crusaders witnessed Wind Burst being taken by the droid.

"Are you sure this is where it happened?" said Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah this is where we saw your friend get taken by that monster, right Apple Bloom?" said Scootaloo.

"That's right, she was stand'n right here then that metal monster grabbed her and took her that a'way" pointed Apple Bloom.

"Great that's all we need to know!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Wait you should know that it can use magic!" shouted Sweetie Bell.

"What?" said the Main Six in unison.

"The monster it can use magic, that mare Wind Burst, she tried fighting back but before she could escape it shot a bolt of magic at her and she fell," explained Sweetie Bell.

All six mares looked at each other in silence pondering on what Sweetie Bell just said.

"That changes nothing, we're still going in to save Wind Burst!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Wait!" said Twilight "First you fillies need to go back to Sweet Apple Acres we can handle it from here, it's not safe for you three. Applejack can you take them back?."

"Sure thing" replied Applejack as she took the three fillies back to the farm.

The five mares waited until Applejack return, when she did all six continued on their rescue mission. They had traveled for who knows how long and still they haven't seen any sign of Wind Burst or the droid that took her. They had gone deeper into the Everfree Forest then they ever had before. Suddenly Fluttershy heard the sound of something rustling in a bush causing her whelp as she jumped into the air. The other five mares stopped in their tracks and looked at Fluttershy's direction.

"Fluttershy what's wrong?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"I...I... heard something moving over there" said Fluttershy as she pointed at the direction of the rustling bush.

All six of them braced themselves for what was coming, but instead of the floating Cyclops the crusaders described, what came out of the bushes was a robotic rabbit.

"What is that?! said Rainbow Dash.

"I think that's a bunny what do you think Fluttershy?" replied Twilight.

"I never seen a bunny like this before" said Fluttershy.

"How the hay is that a'h bunny? it doesn't even look real it's all metal like" said Applejack.

The rabbit just stood there looking at the six mares with its artificial eyes as they continued talking between themselves, suddenly it found itself lifted off the ground.

"LOOK IT REALLY IS MADE OF METAL!" cheered Pinkie Pie as she lifted the rabbit up to her friends.

"PINKIE PIE! You should be careful, that thing could of be dangerous" said Twilight.

“It’s like the thing that ponynaped Wind Burst!" asked Rainbow Dash.

"How can it? It’s just a robot bunny" said Pinkie Pie.

"I have to agree with Pinkie Pie" said Rarity "just look at it, the craftsman ship, the slick shine, how can something so marvelous be dangerous."

"Yeah you’re just being sill- ZAAP-OUCH!" cried Pinkie Pie as the robotic bunny shocked her with the antenna sticking out of its head causing her to let go.

As soon as the rabbit hit the ground the antenna disappeared into its head and all four of its legs turned into wheels. With its wheels spinning it took off deeper into the forest leaving the six mares in its dust.

"Meanie!" said Pinkie Pie as she was coughing from the dust.

"Quick after it!" shouted Twilight "it's probably heading back to where the other metal thing took Wind Burst."

All six of them ran after the cyber bunny, following its track until they could see their target at a distance. They continued after the rabbit until it went down a huge crater, what they saw inside was something that nopony has ever seen before. It was a massive structure, its shape was almost triangular and made of metal. Almost half of it was covered in vines and other vegetation and it had two massive wings one of which was broken in half. The six mares just stood at the edge of the crater with eyes wide open and jaws dropped, they stared in awe at sight of the massive object that could fit more than half of Ponyville's residents inside.

Inside Twilight's head were many questions, What is that thing? Where did it come from? How long has it been here? And does Princess Celestia know about this? They were all firing all at once.

"LOOK! There it goes!" shouted Rainbow Dash causing Twilight to finally snap out of her train of thought.

They all ran down the crater continuing to chase after the robotic rabbit. It then drove into a large hole in the side of the structure's haul. The mares stopped in their tracks, they were hesitant to go inside except for Rainbow Dash who flew right in.

"Rainbow!" shouted Applejack.

The five mares looked at each other wondering what their next move will be.

"We don't have a choice" said Twilight before they all entered the giant craft.

To their surprise they found themselves walking inside a dark hallway, Twilight and Rarity cast a lumination spell to light their way. With the light on they could see that the walls were white and the floors were made of large tiles. The ceiling had what looked like light fixtures that had long stopped working.

"Wow who do you think made this place?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"And what is it do'n this deep in the Everfree Forest?" added Applejack.

"I don't know, but after we rescue Wind Burst I would really like to write a letter about this place to the Princess," said Twilight.

"What this place really needs is a good cleaning" said Rarity.

With both unicorns using their lit up horns the mares continued on and after a few minutes of walking they heard a voice at the end of the hallway.

"Hello! Is anypony here?!"

"Rainbow Dash!" said the five mares as they ran towards the sound of their friend's voice.

When they reached further down the hallway they found Rainbow Dash who was happy to see them.

"Thank Celestia you girls found me that rabbit thing gave me the slip, it so dark in here and I have no idea where I was" said Rainbow Dash.

"Well then maybe we can try stick'n together this time?" asked Applejack sternly.

Now reunited they went on exploring the inside of the structure searching for Wind Burst. When they reached the end of the hallway they found a large metal door, Twilight walk up to it to examine it.

"What do you think is behind it?" asked Fluttershy.

"I don't think it’s locked, Applejack, Rainbow Dash help me open this door" said Twilight.

"On it!" replied Rainbow Dash.

It was a large double door and although it was unlocked it was still heavy. The three mares struggled at first but they were able to slide the doors apart. When they forced it open it caused the lights inside the room to activate. The six mares were amazed at what they found. The bridge was large with multiple seats and monitors placed in a upside down U- shape before a large window that was covered from the outside by a metal shield. In the very front of the room was a large monitor screen and in the middle of the deck was a large chair.

"What is all this?" gasped Applejack.

"I... I don't know" replied Twilight "I've never seen anything like it."

The six mares explored the large room, Twilight was examining the large chair at the center of the room. To her it looked as if the chair belonged to someone of authority. Although the seat was tall for her size she was able to climb up and sit on it. She then noticed some buttons on the right arm rest, after she blew off the dust she press the largest button. All six mares were startled when the large monitor in the front of the room came to life. From the monitor they heard a strange language speaking to them.

"It’s speaking!" yelled Pinkie Pie.

"But what is it saying?" asked Fluttershy weakly.

"I don't know. I've never heard this language before" answered Twilight.

After they had spoken the monitor went silent for a moment.

"Language found, Translation complete message replay---

“Whom so ever finds this ship *cough* I leave this message to you. I am the captain of this vessel called *cough* *cough* *gasp*... The Liberator", If you are listening to this message then I have failed to save my kind and that I have very little time left. I only pray now that the knowledge and wisdom of our race that is within this ship survives the crash into your world *gasp*. So that we may live on if not in body,*cough* *cough* *gasp* *gasp*... but in memory.” *ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh*

"End of message."

The Main Six were speechless, it was after a moment of silence when Twilight finally spoke.

"They were aliens and this was the ship they came in."

"And they're gone" said Fluttershy wiping a tear from her eye.

"Wait what about Wind Burst if all the aliens in this ship are died then who took her?" ask Rainbow Dash.

"And where are the bodies for that matter?" said Twilight.

"Bodies?" said the other five mares.

"Yes, Think about it if they all died their bones should be all over this place that means that one of them must have survived to clear the bodies out" Twilight explained.

"But this place looks like it's been here a long time how do we know if whatever it is, is still around?" ask Applejack.

"Well somepony or someone must be here or-"

"Something's coming" Rarity interrupted who was at the door.

All six mares hastily searched for a place to hid, most hid behind the many smaller monitors that were in the room. Except for Twilight, who was only able to get underneath the captain's chair. They waited for what was coming and in seconds a shadow appeared across the floor. What had entered the room was a hovering metal ball with a single eye. Using its red eye it quickly scanned the bridge, after finding nothing the droid hovered away. Waiting to see if it came back the Main Six stayed in their hiding places a bit longer before they came back out.

"That was a close one" said Applejack.

"That thing looked just like what the crusaders described!" said Rainbow Dash, "we need to go after it."

Rainbow Dash was about to race after the droid until Applejack cut in front of her.

"Applejack! What are you doing?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Did y'ah forget what the crusaders said it did to Wind Burst? And how it can use magic? y'ah are not going after that thing alone it's too dangerous" said Applejack.

"Applejack's right" said Twilight, "what we should do is follow it at a safe distance and then it might lead us to where Wind Burst is."

"And if it doesn't, what then?" Rainbow Dash demanded.

*sigh* “then we make it" replied Twilight.

They exited the bridge quietly and were back in the hallway. Pinkie Pie had seen which direction the droid went, and then they went on to follow the floating ball. They eventually caught up with the droid and kept their distance. The droid hadn't noticed them yet, to make sure it didn't Twilight used her magic to levitate herself and Pinkie Pie. While Fluttershy carried Rarity and Rainbow Dash carried Applejack. With all of them floating in the air they didn't make a sound so that they won't grab the droid's attention. Pinkie Pie held in the urge to giggle in amusement at being levitated while Twilight was struggling to maintain the spell for so long. Then suddenly the droid stopped and so did the Main Six. Rainbow Dash looked towards Twilight nudging her head towards the droid. Twilight took a moment to observe the situation and decided that it was now or never. Fluttershy and Rainbow set their friends down gently and Twilight slowly lowered herself and Pinkie Pie on the ground. But what Twilight didn't know was that there was a laser motion sensor beneath her and the moment she touched the ground, she tripped the laser.

"INTRUDER!!" screamed the droid as it spun around to face the six mares.

The droid opened up to reveal a metal cylinder that was beginning to glow. In seconds it was blasting energy bolts at the mares. The Main Six were desperately trying to dodge the bolts of energy that were being shot at them. What the mares didn't expect was that more droids had appeared, they were coming from the other hallway and from the vents in the ceiling. To their horror they were surrounded by several one eyed spheres all aiming their ray guns at them.


(Earlier back at the lab)

It had happen so fast, before she knew it the Alien had used it tentacles to grab her and as soon as it placed her back on the table the restraints automatically wrapped around her securing her in place. With the harness carrying it the Alien then made its way back towards the monitor and began typing on the keyboard.

"Log- 5799: The first test which was to replace the patient's damaged limb is a complete success. With these results and the successful testing of the neural compatibility of the cybernetics, I am now certain that this is the perfect time to move forward with the patient's "Full Conversion". Truth be told I cannot help but feel excited that all the hardships, the centuries of research, the experimentations, and the severe lack of test subjects have not been in vain. I believe now I can finally achieve by design that which was done to me by accident."

As the Alien was speaking Wind Burst was struggling to get out of the restraints that kept her on the operation table.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING? LET ME GO!" yelled Wind Burst.

When she turned her head towards the monitor she saw an image of herself on the screen. Then with a few clicks of the keyboard another image appeared next to it. It was a blueprint of a pony with the same cybernetic wings as the one she has now. But it wasn't just the wing, the whole body looked like it was made of metal.

"WHAT IS THAT!?" she shouted.

"Why that is the new you" said the Alien "You loved your new wing, all I'm doing is applying it to the rest of your body."

"WHAT!? BUT... BUT I DON'T WANT THIS! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY BODY, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!" pleaded Wind Burst.

"Nothing wrong?" asked the Alien in surprise "Do you not remember how damaged your wing was? That is proof enough of how frail your biological body is. There's no need to be scared, I was once like you frail, weak, because of it I became last of my kind until this lab accidently made me into what I am now."

The end one of the Alien's clawed tentacles had shifted, it was no longer a claw but instead it was a syringe with a long needle. While the other grabbed Wind Burst's head with its claw to hold it still as it brought the syringe closer to her neck.

"What I am giving you is a cure" said metallic being.

"NO! PLEASE! DON'T DO THIS!" Wind Burst screamed as the needle came closer.

Suddenly before the needle could pierce her skin an alarm had sounded in the lab. The Alien's attention was on the monitor, then it let go of the mare's head as it moved closer to see the image on the screen.

"Interesting" said the Alien in an amused tone "It appears we have intruders."

Wind Burst turned to see what the Alien was talking about. That's when she saw a video on the screen of six ponies fighting a large group of droid, like the one she encountered back in the forest. When she took a closer look at the ponies in the video she suddenly knew who they were.

"That's Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy and their friends!" she blurted out without thinking.

"You know these creatures?" asked the Alien. "Intriguing, no doubt they’re here for you. Fate must be smiling upon me today, Test subjects like yourself are extremely rare. Either I will have seven new masterpieces or if by chance your operation fails at least I will have six more chances to succeed. How do you like that for a win/win situation?"

"WHAT? BUT YOU CAN'T!" yelled Wind Burst.

Ignoring her, the Alien pressed a button on the keyboard.

"All droids are to use stun rays only, I want the intruders unharmed"


(meanwhile)

The Main Six have been battling the one eyed droids avoiding every bolt of energy that was shot at them. They didn't even notice that the energy bolts had change from red to yellow.

Pinkie Pie as was able to disable some of the droids by disappearing and reappearing on them causing them to shot each other.

"I'm over here! nope now I'm here! tag your it!, wee this is fun!" cheered the pink mare.

Twilight and Rarity were shooting bolts of magic at the orbs while at the same time dodging enemy fire. Fluttershy was trying her best to avoid the droids, while Rainbow Dash and Applejack bucked any droid that got near them smashing some of them to pieces. Finally the battle was over all the droids were ether disabled or smashed to pieces. The six mares took a moment to catch their breath.

"Well *gasp* that... was easy" said Rainbow Dash with a smirk.

Suddenly Rainbow Dash was grabbed from behind by a single droid using its metallic tentacle.

"LET GO OF ME YOU PIECE OF JUNK!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

Then Rainbow Dash fell back on the floor and there was a loud smash. It was so fast it took a moment for the other five mares to realize that it was Fluttershy who took out that last droid. She was still standing on top of it with an angry look and out of breath.

"Fluttershy are you o.k.?" asked Rarity.

"Nopony hurts my friends" replied the yellow Pegasus in a serious tone.

"Hey girls take a look at this!" Twilight yelled.

All the other mares gathered around her to see what she was talking about.

"What is it Twilight?" asked Applejack.

"Its inside this ball where the eye is, take look, doesn't it look kind of like a camera lens?" asked the lavender unicorn.

"A camera?" asked Fluttershy. "How could it be a camera if there's nopony to use it?"

"This entire place has been the most technologically advance thing I have ever seen. It's as if we walked in a science fiction novel. I'm positive that this "camera" can be used from far away" explained Twilight.

"So your say’n that somepony is watch'n us right now with this doohickey?" asked Applejack.

"It's the only one that looks intacted," replied Twilight.

"Give me that thing then" said Rainbow Dash as she took the broken droid.

The cyan Pegasus looked into the lens and began to speak.

"If you can hear this then listen up, I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you want bits, I can tell you right now we don't have any. But what we do have is a particular set of skills, skills we've acquired over the last few years. Skills that make us a nightmare for bad guys like you. If you let our friend go now, then that's it. We won't come looking for you, you'll never hear from us again. But if you don't, I will come after you. I will find you... and I will kill you."

After an intense moment of silence the droid replied but not in the voice the six mares heard earlier. It still had an electronic tone, however this voice had an eerie feel to it and all it said was.

"Good Luck"

Then before the Mane Six another door opened up by itself revealing another hallway, as if it was inviting them to come in.


Back in the lab the metallic alien had just used its long clawed metal finger to press a button on the keyboard to open the doors that will guide the six ponies to him. It was still watching the screen looking at the rainbow mane pegaus.

"You'll need it."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, I'll try to get the next chapter done a lot sooner. Also I couldn't help but put a certain movie reference in there so enjoy.