• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 765 Views, 3 Comments

Requiem For The Flesh - Astral Sketch



The Mane 6 encounter a being that they have never seen in their world

  • ...
10
 3
 765

TAKEN pt. 1

Chapter 3

Twilight woke up late the next morning, she hardly got any sleep after what had happened yesterday. Wind Burst was still in the hospital recovering from her injuries. She has refused to see anypony since she was released from the E.R.. When it got late Twilight and the others left the hospital and went home to get some rest. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were the only ones to stay behind. Twilight got out of bed and was getting ready to go back to the hospital when she saw Spike was still sleeping. She was about to wake him up, but then decided not to bother and left for the hospital.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were sitting in the hallway outside of Wind Burst's room when Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Rarity returned to the hospital.

"Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash have you heard any news from the doctor?" asked Rarity.

"*sniff* oh, Rarity no we haven't but we're glad you all made it back, right Rainbow Dash?" said Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash did not respond to Fluttershy's question, she just sat there quietly.

"Well ah know it's an't much but I thought... this might lighten da mood" said Applejack.

Applejack reached into the saddlebag she was wearing and pulled out six containers. She then pass four of them to each one of her friends who were present at the moment.

"Its a new cider recipe ah been secretly work'n on, ah thought maybe ya'll might like some, ah even brought some for Wind Burst" said Applejack.

"Oh Applejack that's so kind of you" said Fluttershy excepting the container from Applejack.

Just then Twilight entered the hospital and found her friends in the hallway. She trotted up to them and noticed that Applejack was handing the others a container.

"Hey Applejack what is that you have there?" asked Twilight.

"Oh hey there Twilight, its just some new cider, like some?" replied Applejack.

Twilight excepted the drink and took a sip, This is delicious, its even better than the previous version she thought. She looked at her friends to see what they thought of it. She can tell Rarity and Fluttershy were enjoying it, even though they didn't say anything and to Twilight's surprise, even Pinkie Pie was moved beyond words at the taste of the new recipe. Twilight was also surprised that Rainbow Dash was the only one who did not try the new cider. She just sat there quietly, she didn't even touch it. Pinkie Pie appeared right next to Rainbow Dash after she finished her cider.

"Rainbow Dash you haven't touch your cider" Pinkie Pie said "don't you want it?...If you don't want it can I have it?."

Rainbow Dash didn't say anything and pushed the cider away.

"Yay!" cheered Pinkie Pie "This is sooo good."

"Pinkie Pie!" said Twilight.

"Oh...sorry I'll just save this for later" said Pinkie Pie putting the container of cider away.

"So any news on Wind Burst yet" asked Twilight.

"No not yet Twilight, but thank you for asking" replied Fluttershy.

"Oh... so she's still refusing to see anypony then" said Twilight.

Fluttershy's eyes began to tear up as she nodded.

"...Hey Rarity did you ever finish that order you were working on?" Asked Twilight, attempting to lighten up the mood.

"Well... I could not get any sleep last night after everything that happen to us yesterday. So instead I worked all night and I was able to finish it all on time" said Rarity with a hint of pride.

"That's great" said Twilight.

"Yes that wonderful" said Fluttershy softly.

"Yeah that's great Rarity" said Rainbow Dash breaking her silence.

They all turned their heads to her, Rainbow Dash had not said a single word since they got the news about Wind Burst condition.

"That just real great, Good for you!, I mean sure Wind Burst is in the hospital and she may never fly again, but that's o.k. CAUSE AT LEAST YOU WERE ABLE TO MAKE YOUR STUPID DRESSES!."

Out of nowhere Rainbow Dash felt something striking her cheek. After being dazed for a second she looked at who had just smacked her. To all of their surprise it was Fluttershy who had just smacked Rainbow Dash across the face. Fluttershy just stood there with anger in her eyes looking at Rainbow Dash.

"Rarity didn't Do Anything Wrong, So Don't You Yell At Her!" snapped Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash and the others were stunned, this was one of those few times Fluttershy has lost her temper. Rainbow Dash hung her head down in shame.

"I'm so sorry Rarity" said Rainbow Dash.

"Its... o.k. Rainbow Dash" said Rarity "its my fault, we're supposed to be here for Wind Burst not talking about my dresses."

"No Rarity, its not your fault" said Rainbow Dash "Its mine."

They were all confused when she said that, they just looked at her. Tears were running down Rainbow Dash's face.

"Its my fault Wind Burst is in this hospital, I challenge her to that race, Its... *Sob* its my fault she won't fly again!."

Fluttershy wrapped her forelegs around Rainbow Dash, she too was crying.

"Its not your fault Rainbow Dash" said Fluttershy.

"She's right Rainbow Dash its not your fault" said Twilight "Wind Burst wanted to race just as much as you did, there was no way anypony could of known we'd get attacked by that dragon. You both saved all our lives."

" No pony's to blame here sugar cube." said Applejack.

"Except the dragon's" said Pinkie Pie.

"That right, Wind Burst needs you the most right now and Blaming yourself won't help her" said Rarity.

Rainbow Dash didn't say anything, she just sat there with Fluttershy still hugging her. Then the nurse approached them.

"Is everything alright here?" asked the nurse.

some of them just nodded.

"That's good, well if you excuse me I need to check up on Wind Burst" said the nurse.

She walked past the six and entered the room Wind Burst was being kept. after a few seconds the nurse rushed out of the room.

"DOCTOR! PLEASE HURRY! DOCTOR!" shouted the nurse.

The Mane Six were scared and as soon as the nurse ran past them to get the doctor they rushed into the room. It was empty, no one inside just an empty bed and a plate of breakfast that was untouched.

"WHERE DID SHE GO!" asked Rainbow Dash.

"I don't know" said Twilight "wait look the window, she must have sneaked out though here."

"We're on da first floor so she can't have gone far" said Applejack.

"THEN WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR LETS GO THEN!" said Rainbow Dash.


Else where in the Everfree forest Wind Burst was alone laying on a patch of grass face buried in her forelegs. Her right wing was bandaged and although it still hurts, but it was nothing compared to how she felt. She couldn't get those words the doctor told her out of her mind, You may never fly again. She had been laying there sobbing for more than an hour now. Flying and racing was her passion and now it was all over. The real reason why she didn't want any visitors was not because she didn't want see them. It was because she didn't want them to see her, especially Rainbow Dash. She didn't want Rainbow Dash to see her as a shell of her former self, that was why she ran away from the hospital. she remembered Fluttershy telling her that hardly anypony ever goes into the Everfree Forest she never did say why, but she figured since she wanted to be alone it was the perfect place to hid out for awhile. Wind Burst just laid there unaware that she was not alone.

The creature hovered quietly towards her, Wind Burst's body began to flash in its red vision as it is locking on to her. The text SPECIMEN TARGETED appeared over her and the sphere was ready to make its move. Wind Burst suddenly got the feeling that she was not alone, so she quickly turned around to face what it was. Wind Burst didn't know what she was looking at, it looked like a large ball made of metal with a single red eye in the center of it.

"Um...*sniff* hello?" said Wind Burst.

The sphere just floated there, Wind Burst did not know what to make of this thing that was looking at her. Then suddenly the sphere opened up and before she knew it Wind Burst had a metallic arm wrapped around her.

"WHAT ARE YOU... LET GO OF ME!" Yelled Wind Burst.

Wind Burst could feel herself being pulled into the sphere's opening.

"Oh no you are NOT eating me!" said Wind Burst.

Just as she was almost inside it, she was able to buck it hard enough to make the sphere lose its grip on her. As soon as Wind Burst hit the ground she got up and started to trot away as far as she could, ignoring the pain from her wing. The metal sphere went after her, it retracted its tentacle and in its place came out what looked like a cylinder. I'm gonna make it Wind Burst thought as she was getting closer to getting out of the forest. The sphere was gaining up on her, and with its cylinder charging, it shot a bolt of energy at Wind Burst.

Wind Burst felt something hit her causing her to collapse onto the ground, it almost felt like she was hit by lighting. She couldn't move, all she could do was watch the metal sphere opened up and grab her.

"SPECIMEN ACQUIRED, RETURNING TO BASE" said the droid in a electronic voice.

In seconds the droid was gone taking Wind Burst with it as it went deeper into the forest. What the droid did not noticed was that Wind Burst was not the only pony in the area. Not far from where it had taken Wind Burst were three fillies hiding in a bush. They had witnessed the entire thing and were scared.

"That thing is gone" whispered Scootaloo.

"Please can we go home?" whispered Sweetie Belle.

Apple bloom and Scootaloo both nodded.

"Lets get go" whispered Apple Bloom.