• Published 21st Apr 2022
  • 1,443 Views, 73 Comments

Space Engineers: Starship Unknown - Stalin with Da Spoon



Captain Jack and his fellow engineers have landed in Equestria after a close encounter with an old enemy, crashing down to the planet to find themselves stranded, with no way of calling for help, but the captain and crew won't give up hope so easily.

  • ...
4
 73
 1,443

1: Quite a Crash, and It ISN'T Craz's fault!

The sound of warning alarms filled the air, as terminals and screens flashed with alerts and warnings. Showers of sparks burst from damaged lights and torn open circuits, fires raged across all decks, the sound of rapid footsteps and paniced yelling can be heard, as Captain Jack slowly opens his eyes, the visor on his helmet being shattered, gritting his teeth in pain from a horrid headache he was having, as he looks to see Castle and Craz standing above him with visors up and lights on, as warning lights flickered on and off above, sparks falling, and smoke filling the air.

"Hey, hes waking up! Captain, can you hear us?" Craz spoke, trying to get the captain's attention

"Wake the fuck up, cap'n, the ship's fucked!" Castle yelled violently in the captain's face.

"Jesus, tone it down Castle! Damn it..." Jack said gripping the sides of his head with his hands.

"Well, at least he's awake. Anyways, yeah, shits on fire, Reed and Venom are currently trying to stop engine one from exploding, Finn and Horza have been trying to quell the fires, Owen and Higgs are busy patching holes, and Bash is just crying in a corner from stress." Craz slowly explained the situation to the captain, as both men then assisted him in standing up. "Hooo boy your heavy."

"Craz, you're one to talk, Finn and I had to carry your fat arse out of the pub that one time."

"I thought we agreed never to speak of it again, Castle."

"Aye, but that doesn't mean i'm gonna let you live it down." Castle said as he chuckled, before getting whacked by Craz. As Jack fully stood, he lifted his visor and grasped his head as he groaned.

"Fuck me... Head feels like its about to burst..."

"Yeah, to be expected cap'n, when we impacted the ground you went flying out of your seat straight into the floor, knocked ya out good. Surprised you don't have a bloody concussion." Castle said pointing to the ground where Jack had been laying to reveal a tiny dent in the floor.

"Damn, your helmet is pretty tough, Admiral. Surprised it didn't totally bust open." Craz said as he whistled at the visible damage done to the floor.

"Yeah, thanks Craz... Alright, any idea where we are?"

"Well, if you would look out the window behind you..." Craz said pointing behind the captain, as he turned to see quite a sight when the blast shields over the windows lowered. The very end of the ship's bow was buried within the earth, and several dents and holes could be seen in the armor. Surrounding the ship would be a staggering amount of trees, as well as tall grass, and in the distance some mountains could be seen, all illuminated by the emanating moonlight above as well as the raging fires burning on the ships outer hull and spreading to the nearby tall grass. "From what our scans show, the planet has plenty of oxygen, so no need to worry about that. Although you could probably tell by the fact the glass is shattered."

Jack nodded, taking a sigh of relief as he marveled at the sight. "Gotta say, a better crash spot than most other places we've landed."

Castle nodded with a snicker. "I'll say cap'n, least it ain't a frigid wasteland or some desert. Not a single patch of sand or snow for miles." Both Craz and Jack agreed on that one.

"Well, whats the damage report?" Craz walked over to one of the only terminals that was still functioning, as he tapped at the keyboard and reviewed the ship's systems, being barraged with warnings and alerts.

"Well, all engines are either damaged or totally destroyed, we have multiple hull breaches, our jump drive is thoroughly fucked, weapon systems and shields are down, fires spreading on all decks, mass electrical failures, reactors on the verge of going critical, oh, and did I mention comms are down as well?"

Jack audibly groaned out of frustration, as Castle tried to lighten things up. "Aye, least we ain't dead, right?"

"Your right Castle, but things are still quite bad. Let's work on getting those fires under control and restoring the electrical grid, after that we fix up the breaches and try to patch up the comms antenna, see if we can get word back to RWI command. Even without a comms buoy in the system we should be able to at least send out a distress call hoping a relay picks it up." Jack ordered to his crewmate's as they both saluted.

"Aye aye, cap'n." Castle said as he ran down the stairs, politely passing Reed. "Scuse me, Reed."

"All good, Castle." Reed says as he comes up the stairs to Captain Jack. "Good to see your awake admiral, I trust you've been briefed on the situation?"

"Indeed Mr Reed, I am fully aware of our current state. Is engine one under control?"

"Yes captain, Venom finally got the fire suppression systems working and cooled the engine down. The other engines have been shut down to prevent further damage." Jack audibly sighed in relief, as Venom came running up behind Reed, visibly exhausted as he wiped some sweat from his helmet visor.

"Good news, I managed to get engine two partially functional and no longer burning as bright as this worlds sun, but engine three is still thoroughly fucked, and as a Canadian, I can sufficiently say that engine four is currently the hottest thing aboard this ship even after being shut off." Venom said in his traditional Canadian accent. Captain Jack's comm device then whirred to life as Finn spoke on the other end of it.

"Captain, fires are now under control, only fires remaining inside are within the hangar bay, and Horza has already begun venting procedure. Recommend keeping your visor down though, it'll be smokey for a bit." Jack was glad to hear Finn and Horza had succeeded, as he congratulated them.

"Good work, Finn, now go help Higgs and Owen patch those breaches."

"Yes, captain!" As Finn ended the comm line, another opened up.

"Captain, I'm done sitting in my corner, and I noticed that the rover we were supposed to have in the hangar bay is gone."

"Of course its missing Bash, the hangar door was blown open during the battle!"

"Oh right, well anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and work on fixing the door."

"Yes, do that, we need to get the ship at least partially repaired by sun rise." Finishing his chat with Bash, he turned back to Craz and Reed. "Gentlemen, you go ahead and assist with repairs. I'll join you soon." They both nodded, as they ran down the stairs while Jack turned back to face out the window, deciding it was time to do a good ol captains log.

"Captains log, hooo boy, ain't done of these in a while... Anyways, its been 3 days since we left RWI space, and a couple hours ago we recently arrived in this new system, only to be ambushed by hostile fighters and forced to make an emergency landing. Me and the crew survived with a few minor injuries, however I cannot speak for the Tigris, as it has seen better days. Me and the crew are going to try and get the ship fully repaired before we consider setting up a base on this planet, and hopefully find a way to establish contact with RWI command. However, the worst bit of news, we have almost no bloody idea what attacked us, though considering how we encountered green drone remnants on Monus III, it goes without saying there is a possibility that another rouge cell of the armada operates within this sector." The captain took in a deep breath before continuing.

"Thankfully, I have my trusty crew with me. However, due to the uncharted nature of this planet, I am not sure what to expect, but luckily, this planet has an abundance of oxygen in its atmosphere, most likely due to the large amount of forestry and greenery. I must admit, it is quite beautiful, and if it can support plant life, could it support an intelligent species? Perhaps we may finally encounter organic alien life, cause the drones don't count. Anyways, I'm off to patch some holes and fix my visor before helping with the repairs, end log."


Two hours earlier...

Twilight was currently standing on the balcony of her library, overlooking the entirety of Ponyville, and beyond it, the everfree forest, simply looking over the area with a smile on her face, as she then turned to the stars. Her new castle was a pretty great place for star gazing, as she sat on her haunches and observed the sky. However, something caught her eye... A small shooting star appeared...

However, it wasn't a shooting star, and it was getting bigger and closer, on a direct course with the everfree, as Twilight watched in horror as a massive steel object crashed down into the forest, a massive plume of smoke and fire rising from the crash site. As Twilight looked on in confusion and fear, her good friend and assistant Spike ran out to see what the commotion was.

"What the hay was that!?!" Spike asked his friend in a panicked tone.

"I dunno, but it seemed to crash down deep in the everfree, and I think it's on fire..."

"Well, that's worrying... Should we go and investigate?"

"Yes, Spike, I think that would be for the best... You go ahead and wake up the others..." As Spike nodded, Twilight turned back to the forest, wondering what had crashed down in her proverbial back yard.


High in orbit above the planet, lies a large hulking vessel slowly drifting through space, it's purple paint shining in the suns light and illuminating the ships hull, having a similar design to a bee hive. The vessel had several marking spray painted on the side, one of them being a symbol of a welder and a grinder underneath a skull, similar to a skull and crossbones, the words 'Last Stand' written under them in bold black and gold font. The ship lacked any windows, with the only access point being a large circular hangar door, as it opened in a spiral motion and allowed a small drone to fly inside.

Within the vessel was a large cargo bay with loose scaffolding, sparking wires, loose bolts, and creaking metal, along with a few re-programmed drones hovering around, moving cargo. On the ground there were several engineers welding and repairing broken drones, grinding down salvage and scrap metal, and in one case driving a forklift to move large machinery around.

At the center in a control center surrounded by screens sat the captain of the vessel, Aaron, along with some of his cohorts.

"Feels good to be back in the saddle Aaron, I missed it like this to be honest. No more fighting wars for the DRF, just roaming the galaxy and being care free adventurers for us!" Aaron simply chuckled as he looked to his friend, while he held a crate of salvage scrap.

"Indeed. So, Papple, how was your time with RWI?" Aaron asked as he turned to Papple, who was welding a damaged drone.

"Quite enjoyable, after the war I joined the engineering corp and helped to fix some of the damage caused during the war. Course, even after I got my old body back I couldn't resist joining back up with you Aaron. I may have been programmed and brain washed to be loyal to the DRF, but you're still a good guy. Speaking of which, how the hell did you survive the battle of the colonies?"

"Well, its a combination of sheer luck, and cloning."

"Ahhhh, okay. Hey, wheres Finchy?" As he said that, Finchy could be seen riding on his ultimate hover chair creation.

"Yahoo, I missed this thing!" Finchy said as he then accidentally knocked BB over the head, who was carrying a heavy crate, as he dropped it on his foot.

"Ah bloody hell, piss off with that flying thing before I grind it down!" Hardman and Apathy were watching the display, as they burst out laughing. Conrod was currently working adjusting to adjust the ship's course, when he spotted a signal.

"Hey Aaron! Got something here on the scanner."

"Whatever it is, it better not be some kind of weird giant alien creature, or I will lose my shit. We already had to deal with one of those last week." Aaron said turning to Conrod as he stood and turned to a communications screen.

"Got something on the signal detecter, seems to be a distress signal. Should we investigate?" Drunken Scotsman was currently standing next to him, still trying to scan the signal.

"Can you determine the origin?" Aaron asked as he turned to Scotsman.

"Nope." Scotsman said in a typical Scottish accent.

"Good enough for me, set a course." Ryan was listening in, as he chuckled while slinging his shotgun over his shoulder.

"So, were good guys now, good to see." Aaron looked over and deadpanned at Ryan, while Papple and Finchy just laughed, and Habbsy just sighed.

"Told ya bringing this crew together was a bad idea, Aaron." Habbsy said, before getting slapped across the face, as the drunken scotsman broke out into laughter.

"Shut it, Habs. Now let's go see whos calling for help."