• Published 3rd Jun 2022
  • 149 Views, 1 Comments

The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze-Rise of a hero- Volume 6: Rise against Darkness, Heroes!! - Justafanfictioner



The 5th volume of the Rise of a Hero saga. Follow Sunlight Blaze, a self-proclaimed hero, in his quest for justice.

  • ...
 1
 149

Chapter 4: On the way to save the world, part 1

Sunlight was having his hands full, dealing with the magic problems happening around the world. This was exactly what Moonlight wanted to happen. For the last 6 months, he had been busy looking for Grogar’s bell and it is only recently that he got his hands on it. It was far from being easy, since the artifact was hidden in the Tartarus, under the protection of Cerberus itself. It was by doing tons of eavesdropping that Moonlight was able to learn the bell’s current location. Once he knew where it was, it was piece of cake for him to recover it. But there was one small problem.

“Why won’t this stupid bell activate!!? Shouted Moonlight, angry. I went through hell to get my hands on it!!”

“Calm down, said Sombra. Yelling at it won’t change anything...”

“I’m just so mad!! Said Moonlight. You guys went through all the trouble of opening those magic portals all around the world, plus summoning all those magic creatures and monster, for me to collect their magical energy with this thing! It would have all been for nothing if i can’t figure out how to activate this bell.”

“You still have a lot of time left, said Adagio. Those portals won’t close anytime soon...And none of those so-called heroes have figured the cause of it...”

“Yet, said Moonlight. Sunlight and Sunset are close to catch up with my plan, and once they do, She’ll close the portals and he’ll take care of the remaining monsters. So i absolutely have to get this thing working before that happen!!”

“Maybe you need some sort of spell to activate it!” said Tirek, eating a slice of pizza.

Frost facepalmed himself and started laughing.

“I’m such an idiot!! He said. How could i forgot that!?”

“You forgot?!” asked Tirek.

A book suddenly appeared out of nowhere and fell on Moonlight’s head. He grabbed it and saw the image of a bell on the cover.

“Well, that’s convenient, said Moonlight. Hum...Okay...I see...So that’s how this bell work..Well, i’m going out, guys!!”

Moonlight left through a magic portal and reappeared in the middle of a city overrun by giants mutant rats with laser eyes.

“Please, help us!! Said a fancy man, who was hiding nearby. I’m the mayor of this city and i’ll reward you handsomly if you take out those monsters!!”

“I’m not doing this for you or that city, said Moonlight. I couldn’t care less about that!! I’m here only because those monsters have something i want. Once i’m done here, i’m going to wipe out what’s left of this city myself! But you won’t be there to see it!”

Moonlight froze the scared man’s body solid, then smashed it into pieces. He then teleported above one of the monster and used the magic bell to absorb it’s magic energy, turning it back to a vulgar rat. The other monster rats charged at him and Moonlight smiled, as he took their magic one after another. When all the monsters had been dealt with, Moonlight left the city, heading for the next one on his list. Meanwhile, Sunlight was fighting a berserk hydra, under the form of Lux, the Light Dragon, under the cheers on the people watching the fight live on television.

”That hydra regenerative abilities is so annoying!! Thought Lux. And it’s toxic breath make it worse!! Fortunately, Sunlight was able to get him outside the city’s limits, so no civils will get caught in the fight.”

Lux enrolled himself around the hydra’s body like a snake to immobilize it. In the sky, a huge magic circle had formed above the two beasts, as well as below them.

“This won’t do much to me, said Lux. But you, on the other hand, you won’t survive that!! Heaven’s Judgment!!!”

From the magic circles came out a massive beam of pure, concentrated Light magic, that hit the both of them. The hydra let out a powerful roar of pain. When the magic circles disappeared and the beam of light vanished, there was nothing left of the hydra, not even the skeleton. Lux then turned back into Sunlight, who then headed for the helicopter filming the scene. (Wearing his costume, of course)

“To everyone who’s watching this, said Sunlight. You’re probably afraid, confused or shocked by the current events. But me, as well as my superhero friends, will continue to protect you the best we can. I’ll do everything necessary to protect everyone!!”

As he was about to leave, he turned back to the camera.

“You can call me Sunblast, said Sunlight. If you thought superheroes weren’t real, well, think again, because they exist!! And they are there for you. Now, if you excuse me, i have to stop an invasion of giant crab monsters in Hawai!”

He then teleported away. In the living room, Sunset and Nova Dusk, who were watching the news, looked at each other. Sunset got up and left.

“You’re going to help him, aren’t you?” asked Nova to her.

“Of course!! Answered Sunset. This is what heroes do!!”

Sunset put on her magical outfit and left the house, on her way to join Sunlight. She saw her friends waiting for her, all in their magical uniform as well.

“How did you know?” asked Sunset.

“Oh please, said Rainbow Dash. You might be a psychic, but we’re your friends! We can read in you like a book...with pictures... And giant letters...Ouch!!”

“What Rainbow’s trying to say, said Applejack, who slapped Dashie behind the head, is that we know you by heart, sugarcube...”

“After we heard Sunlight’s speech on the news, said Pinkie Pie, We knew you would leave your house and go help him!! You’re so predictable, silly!!”

“Screw our rest, said Rarity. People need us more!!”

“Well said, Rarity!! Said Twilight. Let’s go!!! Let’s save the world!!”

Sunset took off with her friends. Meanwhile, when Sunlight arrived in Hawai, he was surprised to see no trace of the mutant crab monsters. He landed on the ground and asked a citizen hiding nearby.

“Wasn’t there supposed to be a bunch of giants crab monsters attacking you guys?” he asked to the citizen.

“Someone wearing a dark costume arrived a few hours ago, answered the man. And took care of them...then left as suddenly as he came.”

“A dark costume, he said? Thought Sunlight. It must be Moonlight for sure...But why would he play the heroes all of a sudden? No, that’s not important for now, i need to focus on this crisis first.”

Sunlight saw a crab walking slowly near his foot and kicked it away. He took off and flew toward the next city in danger. On his way, he crossed by the girls, but didn’t notice them.

“Hey!! Did he just straight up ignored us? Asked Rainbow Dash. Talk about rude!!”

The girls went after Sunlight. Sunset sent a telepathic message to him and Sunlight turned back his head.

“Oh, hi girls!! Said Sunlight. Didn’t i told you to take a break?”

“Oh, so you can get all the glory for yourself?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“What Rainbow Dash mean, said Applejack. Is that we were moved by your speech on television.”

“Do you really think one person can convince the whole world to not be worried?” asked Twilight.

“No, answered Sunlight. This is why i mentionned you girls too!! Now, let’s go!! Follow me!”

The girls followed him and they arrived at the closest place where monsters had been reported. At their surprise, there was no trace of giant monsters anywhere.

“Are you sure this is the place?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Yes, he answered. I received an emergency signal from this place 15 minutes ago. I’m betting it’s Moonlight’s doing.”

“Moonlight? Asked Sunset. What does he have to gain playing superheroes?”

“I’m still trying to figure this out, answered Sunlight. I’m sure he’s behind this whole magic crisis. He have nothing to gain putting an end to it himself. Or does he?”

“How did he took care of them, then?” asked Twilight.

“If i had to guess, Answered Sunset. He’s probably absorbing their magic”

“He’s trying to get more power for himself, said Sunlight. That would be his style to do that.”

“We need to stop him, then!!” said Applejack.

“We can’t, said Sunlight. Moonlight is smart. He probably know we’re on his trails at the moment. If we try to track him down, he’ll just distract us with an big monster attack somewhere else on the planet. Beside, even with that much power at his disposal, he will still lose to us!!”

“He have a point, Darling, said Rarity. Normal People’s safety pass first! Moonlight can’t be everywhere at once, can he?”

“He can’t, said Sunlight. My guess is that he’s only targeting the biggest monsters, or those with a lot of magic inside them. Twilight and Sunset, i’m giving you a special mission”

“A mission?” they asked.

“That magic must have a source, said Sunlight. I want you to find it, Twilight. As for you Sunset, The reason i’m pairing you up with her is because you can contact me quickly with your psychic powers when she find an answer. As for me and you girls, we’re going to do our best to protect everyone.”

“But we’re just 6, said Applejack. We can’t be everywhere at once! Well, except you, since you can make clones of yourself...”

“Unless you can make clones of us too, said Rarity. Can you?”

“I’m afraid i can’t” answered Sunlight.

“Could it be possible to draw all of them to us?” asked Fluttershy.

“I doubt it can be done” answered Sunlight.

They saw a pack of military helicopters coming in their direction.

“Should we run?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“No, said Sunlight. In fact, they could be of use to us. Let me deal with them...”

Sunlight waited for the helicopters to land on the ground. Many dozens of soldiers showed up and surrounded the group, pointing their guns at them. A few moment after, someone ordered them to drop their guns down. A familiar-looking man walked in his direction, followed by 3 other intimidating men.

“Holy cow, it’s the President! Whispered Rarity to Sunlight. I never thought i’d saw him in person!”

The man stopped once he was in front of Sunlight.

“I am the president of the country, said the man. President Gladmane”

“You must be kidding me, thought Sunlight. This motherfucker is our fucking president?”

“To my right is the Head General Wind Rider, said Gladmane. He is the Head of our country’s military force.”

“Sorry for having my men point their guns at you, said Wind Rider. They are just nervous”

“To my left is the Head Director of our country’s Intelligence Agency, said Gladmane. Mr. Steven Magnet.”

“It’s nice to meet you, young man” said Steven.

“As for the man behind me, said Gladmane. He is the Vice-President, Mr. Svengallop.”

“I am honored that the president, vice-president, Head General and the Head Director had to move all the way just to see me, said Sunlight. Behind me are my hero friends.”

“I am Titania, said Applejack. The strongest girl in the world!!”

“I am Adamanta, said Rarity. The prettiest girl in the world!!”

“I am the Wonder Bolt, said Rainbow Dash. The fastest girl in the world!!”

“I am Candy Girl, said Pinkie Pie, the craziest girl in the world!!”

“I am...Uh...Lady Butterfly, said Fluttershy. The cutest girl in the world...Probably...”

“And i am Sunblast, said Sunlight. You came there to request our help, right?”

“Yes, said Steven. My agency have been keeping a close eye on you and your friends, ever since this worldwide crisis began. You make our most powerful weapons look like kid toys.”

“If only we knew where to focus, said Sunlight. Some cities have it worse than others. If we knew which of them need us the most, and which one can wait, we’d be able to effectively protect their population. If you watched us, you must have an idea of what our powers are...”

“Yes, We do, said Steven. But just to be sure, can you told us what your powers are about, exactly?”

“Well, said Applejack. I am super strong! I can send flying into space pretty much any creature in one punch.”

She lifted an helicopter using only one finger.

“I’m basically super, duper fast, said Rainbow Dash, who was eating a burger. Just now, i ran all the way to Manehattan to buy a hamburger and a soda two second ago, while she was talking.”

“Basically, said Pinkie Pie. I turn anything sugar based i touch into explosives!!”

She grabbed a cupcake and threw it in the air. The cupcake exploded a few seconds later.

“My god...said Wind Rider. What a terrifying power...”

“As for me, said Rarity, who was holding a sword and a shield, both made with her magic. Well, what i’m holding is made of a magic diamond-like material i can generate at will. It is ideal for defense as for offense.”

“I control, uh, animals, said Fluttershy. Including insects. I can also increase their power if i wish. For example, i could make a wasp dozen of time bigger, stronger and resistant than a regular one. The same goes for any other animal...I...I can also connect my mind to theirs, allowing me to see what they see, smell what they smell, etcetera.”

“As two members of my team are on a mission, said Sunlight. I’ll introduce them to you myself. This one is Techno Girl, our team’s brain. She use magic telekinesis, and she can do pretty much anything with it. As for the other, she’s called Daydream, she is the heart of our team. She’s a Psychic, and a powerful one at that. I believe she can also manipulate the fabric of Reality as well.”

“My god, said Svengallop. We’re really lucky you’re all nice and not bad.”

“As for me, said Sunlight. I’m an Elementalist. I have full control over every single element, as well as being able to generate them myself. I’m also a versatile spell caster, i can teleport anywhere, multiply myself, generate powerful magic barriers, fire magic beams and projectiles and turn into different magic elemental beasts, to name a few. I’m basically what you might call a demigod.”

“Those two friends of yours, asked Wind Rider. The one that are absents, are they going to show up?”

“They are on an important mission right now” answered Sunlight.

“And what is that mission about, exactly?” asked Steven Magnet.

“Let’s just say that if this mission is a success, said Sunlight. We will be able to end this whole crisis once and for all. But it could take them some times, so me and those 5 are protecting the world in the meanwhile.”

“Let’s not wait any longer, then, said Gladmane. We’ll do our best to support you!”