• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 5,747 Views, 161 Comments

Forbidden Fruit - NocturneD85



Cadance thinks her marriage as a fairy tale come true but all that comes to an end by her mistake

  • ...
32
 161
 5,747

Chapter 5

Forbidden Fruit

By NocturneD

ooo

How could this night get any worse? I tried to apologize but only got spat at in return, what is worse is that my happy marriage might have been all a giant I don't know what. Who gets married if they feel unsure? Could have just told me he was not ready then again, he would not have proposed if he was not sure. Oh I don't know... Every pony is mad, if the ones are not mad at me then they are taking sides on the whole ordeal. The night was going terrible as Big Macintosh of all ponies shows up as a guest and replaced Rainbow Dash just to fill the spot. Has he come to see me or was he thinking I would not show up from all this travesty? Aunt Celestia was out of the room waiting for Twilight in her study, Luna followed her to see if she could calm her down.

And if that was not bad enough, Shining Armor just punched him in the eye right in front of every pony. Gasps were heard. Twilight only stood there looking all smug standing next to her brother. Shining Armor shouted in disbelief and must have thought I slept with some prized stallion of a high class. Big Mac was a country pony and from what I saw he had no problem with it. But my eyes turned to the red stallion on the floor as he quickly rose to his hoofs after his own sister came to his aid. My mouth wide open as Big Macintosh brushed off the punch as if it were nothing. A strong pony I heard he was, but this strong?

"What nerve you have showing up here!" Shining Armor roared. That look in his eyes I only seen a few times is when he is ever crossed you better pray to the gods. You are going to be in a world of pain. I only seen him fight a few times during training and another to fight in my honer during one of our trips together outside of Canterlot. Probably one of the only times I ever felt Shining Armor ever do anything out of love for me.

Big Mac brushed his sister's hoof away and looked dead eye at Shining Armor. He spoke, "I just came here as a guest. I don't know what your beef is..."

"YOU SLEPT WITH MY WIFE YOU PIECE OF..." Shining Armor shouted with all of his might.

Big Mac looked at me. His eyes felted from his seriousness to his gentle confused look. Something about him makes him look like a big dumb animal but the sweet kind. He was confused I could tell and I'm thankful that he did not react quickly and in male instinct, hit back. My face melted in a sorrowful look, I never wanted him to get hurt, nor Shining Armor. This was all might fault and now every pony was up in hoofs about it. To my disgust some ponies were cheering on a fight, guards told them to quiet down and tried to restrain Shining Armor but kept watch on Big Mac if he tried anything.

"GET OFF OF ME!" Shining Armor commanded.

The guard that tried to hold him down grunted, "Control yourself!"

"SHUT UP I'M YOUR CAPTAIN AND YOU'LL LISTEN TO ME!" Shining grunted.

"You're captain no longer! Please stop or you will be further demoted!" Another guard tried to hold him down.

"I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!" Shining grunted as he freed himself, "I WANT HIM DEAD!"

"SIR IF YOU DON'T STO..." The guard then got upper cut as soon as Shining Armor got himself loose then kicked the other. Both fell to the ground as their armor clanked heavily.

"Now look here mister. It was accident! The princess did not tell me that she was married in the first place and was drunk." Big Mac tried to reason.

"YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF MY WIFE WHILE SHE WAS DRUNK?" Armor roared in question. He looked at me next shaking his head in frustration, "Not even married? Twilight was right you are a slut!"

My heart felt like it was being stabbed over and over again. Every pony focused their eyes on me, they already bought into the whole scandal. Now they know for a fact what I said was true about not having a husband. But that was the alcohol talking!

"Now don't you start calling girls names." Big Mac beamed.

"WHY DO YOU CARE?" Armor yelled. I noticed Twilight look back and forth between her brother and back to me with a stupid grin on her face.

"Princess Cadence is a very nice pony. Gentle. Kind. Social." Big Mac beamed, "You at least have a special some pony. We all make mis..."

"JUST SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP BEFORE I PUT A BIG HOLE IN YOUR FACE!" Shining still yelled, "Bet you're whole family is nothing but home wreckers!"

"Take that back!" Applejack growled.

"Shut up hick!" Armor yelled back.

That is what broke the camels back. Big Macintosh walked straight up to Shining Armor and pressed his forehead up against his. Anger filled both of them. Just staring each other down, breathing heavily like two titans.

"Put him down Shining Armor!" One of the other guards cheered.

"Kick his ass Big Mac!" A random pony hollered from the crowd.

I just stood there. Motionless. The fight eventually came as I feared. Both threw punches. Kicks. Head butts. Slamming each other into tables spilling food everywhere. It was horrible. Shining Armor had an advantage of him being a unicorn that he could use magic along with his physical attacks. Big Mac on the other hand seemed a lot smarter than he looked and was a lot stronger. Almost too strong for an earth pony. Marble tile was dented as Big Mac lifted Shining Armor and slammed him where his horn pierced the hard floor. Then proceeded with a swift kick to the chest. Some ponies tried to stop the fight but only got punched or kicked in the process whether it was a guard or regular pony. Too many close calls were made. Shining Armor smashed a huge expensive vase against Macintosh's head, then counters with a kick and a head butt. I don't remember who drew first blood, but both of them were bleeding from either a bloody lip, eye or forehead. Still some ponies tried to stop the fight, again only to be punched or brushed to the side.

I just could not take this anymore. All of this because of me. I screamed at the top of my lungs and tears rolled down my face.

"STOP IT!" I cried. "STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT PLEASE!"

The fight kept going.

"PLEASE!" I cried louder.

Just then a thunderous boom blasted in the ear drums of every pony in the room. Lightning struck out of nowhere and in the doorway stood both my aunts. Both of them extremely angry but Celestia was the most. Her eyes deemed ready to catch and chew out the nearest pony. With her magic she pulled Big Macintosh and Shining Armor away from each other and subdued them. There was damage done to the ballroom.

Celestia rose her head and yelled angrily as she pointed to each of us. From me, to Twilight Sparkle, to both Shining Armor and Big Macintosh. "YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU! AND ESPECIALLY YOU TWILIGHT SPARKLE! IN MY STUDY NOW! I AM NOT REPEATING MYSELF!" The guest ponies shook, for all the stories they heard about Celestia being a tyrant. They got a taste of hearing her thunderous commanding roar demanding obedience. She looked at me, "WE'RE SETTLING THIS NOW YOUNG LADY!" She looked back at the audience, "FOR THE REST OF YOU THE PARTY IS OVER! GOOD DAY!"

Silence hit the room except for the faint sounds of slow breathing from Shining Armor and Big Mac and along with blood dripping from them. Every pony just realizing that they did the unthinkable. I looked at Twilight Sparkle, looking scared that her mentor commanded her not to dawdle anymore. She better feel proud of herself. But I looked back at both the stallions bruised up. I reached out and pulled out the handkerchief Big Mac offered me earlier. I was about to walk up to Shining Armor and comfort him but... Something prevented me from doing so. Shining Armor looked at me, holding his arm while blood while having a bloody nose. Still breathing waiting for me to come to his side. Then I looked at Big Mac, the pony that set the gears in place tonight. But he defended me. I was confused... I looked at Big Mac as he was bruised as well, his eyelid was swelling up. He turned his head to spit a tooth out of his mouth then lowered his head in shame. I sighed in defeat. And threw the handkerchief down in between them.

"I'm tired of playing around... I'm tired of being scorned because I made a stupid mistake. No more... Clean yourselves off..." I muttered to them. I turned my back to them and then climbed up the short set of stairs to find my aunt's study area to await my fate. As well as the others...