• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 5,739 Views, 161 Comments

Forbidden Fruit - NocturneD85



Cadance thinks her marriage as a fairy tale come true but all that comes to an end by her mistake

  • ...
32
 161
 5,739

Chapter 8

Forbidden Fruit
By NocturneD

Was there a point anymore? A failing short marriage that attracted the attention of every pony who attended or had to pay for it were either up in arms or just cursing the royal family. Wasted tax bits on a wedding that would not last. But I have told you all this before and probably tired of it. I was honest with you telling you that, my love for Shining Armor was true but not in a natural way. It was more one sided because I used an affection spell, accidently putting a two years worth of power into to it Shining Armor could not resist being away from me. Now I just feel terrible that I took two years of his life that he was never going to get back because of what I did. But then again, there was no proof that the spell wore off before the wedding. Maybe he was self aware? No... it was just too confusing. I have no answer. I toyed with his life style and yet I was the one who grown bored with him. But my heart ached just thinking about the pain I caused every pony.

*Sigh*

Well that night we all stayed over night during the castle. Upon agreement, Shining Armor and I slept in different bedrooms. Was it a mistake? Yes and no. My room had a wonderful terrace outside and I spent nearly most of the night just gazing out into the courtyard below. Watching the animals scurry away to do their business, guards patrolling down below. Oh how much I missed those nights where Shining Armor would take a night shift or two just to catch a glimpse of me. Just to sooth his urges. Now those days are uncertain and I'm never going to get those back. How much I missed back then where I would fly down just to accompany him during his route while gazing up at the stars. Pointing out the many constellations.

Every pony must be sleeping now except for aunt Luna as she watches over the night. But tonight. Is what I truly get what I deserve. A stab in the back. I just could not sleep. Was this paranoia? Dementia? My thoughts tended to get louder and louder in my head saying I should just cast the spell on Shining Armor again and at full blast. My selfish side just wants that, but my other half is willing to let him go and live his life the way he wants to. I knew we were to have to talk in the morning but this could not wait. I landed outside Shining Armor's terrace and peered inside the room. Only to see something. No wife would ever want to see. What every wife fears that their husband would do if they ever were boring. Shining Armor on top of Rarity thrusting into her as she yelped and moaned. Part of me wanted to burst in there and shout while the other just wanted him to find closure. But still, he was just as bad as I was. I could go wake up my aunt Celestia and sign the paper immediately but if I told her why what would happen to Shining Armor? I could still hear Rarity moan in rhythm as the mattress squeaked faster and faster. Would Rarity give Shining Armor what he wanted in a relationship? Or would she play him? I'm in no supporting mood but whatever happens, happens. If she wants to be with him, the fine be it you little fashion slut. But if you take him for what he's worth and just end up leaving him then you don't know how good you ha... had it... Oh what am I saying?

"GET OFF MY HUSBAND YOU HOME WRECKER!" I shouted. The ritual between the white unicorns has halted, mouths wide open looking in my direction. I was not too pleased. Who would be? They pulled away from each other, but the smell of sex was still present.

"Uh.. hey Cadence." Shining Armor knew he marked his own grave. He used his blanket to cover himself but still looked away from me in embarrassment. Rarity covered herself with another sheet as she gasped.

"Don't hey Cadence me." I growled. "You know. I felt terrible for the past few days over what I did. But here, you're just as bad!"

Shining Armor refused to look at me.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!" I shouted.

He did not even bother. "Yeah. I know I messed up and made this worse."

"Is that all?" I scoffed.

He did not even answer. Rarity was still under the sheets.

"I SAID LOOK AT ME!" I growled.

He turned his head to give me those hard beams. I craned my neck back in surprise.

"You know what Cadence. There is no excuse for what you did. And no excuse for what I did." He growled, "Admit it. We're unhappy."

"Yeah we are. And I was planning on fixing it!" I screamed. "UNTIL NOW!"

We continued our shouting match. But it was no use, I eventually left in tears. It was solid. We were not right for each other, no matter how much I wanted to meddle with his love life. What I did back then was wrong but I did not want to accept it. As much as I did not want to accept it now. Some guards asked me if I was alright, I just told them to leave me alone and I waited until morning back in my room. Despite what happened last night, I was asked over and over again by Twilight's friends about the noise. I did not tell them because Rarity was slowly walking behind them, nervous as she was I was going to grant her to keep her stupid prissy mouth shut. Or I will bust her lip open.

Shining Armor and I were waiting in aunt Celestia's study. Not talking to each other. Every pony waiting outside for the results. Aunt Celestia eventually walked in with a curious look on her face, all smiles. She sat behind her desk and unfurled the familiar parchment then set it in front of us.

"Well I take it that you two talked it over and reached a decision?" Aunt Celestia asked.

"Yes." Shining Armor and I said in unison, coldly.

Celestia was bewildered at our response. Only nodding her head she used her magic to pull out the ink and set it in between us. "Now... I take it that you two thought very hard about this?" We nodded in response. I was still angry, Shining Armor was too but we both kept calm. "Just remember. Once you sign this, I stamp it then the divorce is official. Upon agreement of how a divorce works you split your belongings. I will trust you two to sort that out." With no time wasted. I signed my name first, then Shining Armor signed his next. Celestia sighed as she reached for the stamp. "Though I'm very disappointed with the results. I do bid you two good luck for your futures. If any of you two would like to say anything..."

"Nope." I said.

"Nothing." Shining Armor scratched his ear.

Celestia knew there was new founded tension between us. I could just see it on her face. So as a final warning she slowly pulled the stamp and rubbed ink on the bottom of it. Moving her gaze from the stamp back to us then back to the stamp again, the back to us to see if we were so sure. Our faces stone cold, refusing to look at the other. Slowly as time seemed to have slowed down, almost felt like forever. Celestia sighed again and pressed the stamp against the legal parchment. My eyes widened. At the last minute I was hoping Shining Armor would have came to his senses and told her to stop. That was it. Nothing. He did not speak up. He really wanted this thing to end. And upon agreement we split our belongings, he walked away with a percentage of my money. He let me have the house, the wedding carriage, the photo album. Pretty much everything that we either registered for, received as a present or bought together. He was invited back to his home along with his sister. He would then decide to finally go back to school and get a career in teaching children the finer things in life. Apparently being in a bad relationship won't be on his lesson plan.

The news had a field day with this. Could not turn on a news channel without hearing my name nor Shining Armor's and how we were a disgrace to the name of marriage. I would get offers from media stations to tell my side of the story, but I refused. It was none of their business. I would also learn that Shining Armor would also refuse to tell his side. I guess that was at least the last shroud of respect from when he was still my husband. Now, he is just a former guard. He was discharged eventually until he prepared for his first semester of college at the Canterlot university. Him and Rarity would be close. But still I wanted to punch her head in. The last shroud of hope went into her getting mounted and moaning like a yelping poodle. But still, I don't wish death on her. If her fashion business becomes fruitful then so be it. Lord knows that her hoofs somehow got on the money Shining Armor got from me.

I did hear Twilight's parents were very upset that she quit being a student of aunt Celestia, of course they demanded their money back from all the time they paid for each semester. Aunt Celestia was not going to put up with them anymore and just gave them whatever. But still aunt Celestia was saddened ever since her student quit. Spike was split on who to stay with, Twilight or Celestia. He was the only thing neutral between them. Spike would still receive letters from Celestia only for Twilight to ignore them. Twilight would tutor smaller unicorns what she knew about magic such as Rarity's sister Sweetie Belle. The little cutie made quite some progress as in Twilight could be a teacher herself one day.

Eventually the news would die down after a month when the divorce was not such a big deal anymore. Like aunt Celestia said, the news reporters look for the next biggest scandal as with now; Hoity Toity was having an affair with the ponies that model his clothes at fashion shows. They really ran that one into the ground.

Things changed as time would go on. Every pony moved on with their lives. But for me, I stayed mostly in the castle. I fell into quite a depression where I refused to eat and even to go outside.

It was officially over. My fairy tale marriage has ended happily never after...

Until my aunt Celestia came into my room with a proposal. Anything to get me out of the castle to start enjoying myself again.