• Published 12th Mar 2022
  • 1,248 Views, 1,006 Comments

Rainbow Dash Around the World - MagicS



Rainbow Dash continues her flight around the world.

  • ...
2
 1,006
 1,248

PreviousChapters Next
Awesome As I Wanna Be

It was a beautiful and sunny day out over the southern ocean of the world. Though small icebergs could still be seen with how far south it was, the south pole itself had disappeared into the distance. In the sky above it was completely cloudless and a perfect blue with Celestia’s sun shining down and warming the world up with its rays. Fish swam in the waters, seagulls flew through the sky, there wasn’t a single cold breeze at all.

And a blue pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail flew about in long, winding, curves. Taking a lazy and relaxed route through the sky.

“Awesome as I wanna be~” Rainbow Dash sung to herself. She grinned and moved her head side to side in tune with the imaginary beat in her head. “Hey, hey, hey, hey, awesome as I wanna be!~”

She made a few loops as she flew, flying forward just a little bit before flying into another big loop just for fun. There was no reason for any of it—she was just having some sorely needed and sorely deserved fun. It had been a long time since she had really sung too, hadn’t it? Normally she did it with her friends for the most part back home. She wondered why that was? But it still felt good to do it again while flying under the sun.

Rainbow Dash briefly glanced up at the sky and found her mood lift even higher thanks to how nice of a day it was. Everything just felt so good.

“First you see me riding on a sonic boom~”

To punctuate the line she shot ahead at high speed to leave a rainbow trail across the blue sky. Looking like a sparkling, colorful, comet to anything that might have been looking up at her.

“Got this beat and singing up my latest tune~”
“There is nothing you can do to beat me~”
“I’m so good that you can’t defeat me~”

Rainbow laughed to herself and made a spiraling corkscrew as she continued to sing and fly through the sky, bringing color and good feelings to the world around her.

And she sure couldn’t be defeated, as she’d proven time and time again.

“Yeah, I'm awesome, take caution~”
“Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be~”
“Yeah, I'm awesome, take caution~”
“Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be~”

Rainbow Dash spun around, flying up-side down and backwards and doing all sorts of her usual stunts through the sky. She didn’t care in the slightest how much distance she traveled today. She didn’t care about her next destination for the moment. She didn’t even really care about her journey at all right now. She was just basking in the moment and feeling good. If there were any clouds she would’ve taken her time to go out of the way and bust them. Rainbow Dash let the happy thoughts run through her as she enjoyed the beautiful day and the warm sun.

She made a figure-eight and came out giggling before continuing her song.

“Step aside now, you're just getting in my way~”
“I got sick chops you could never hope to play~”
“When it comes to making music, I'm the ruler~”
“You wish you could be twenty percent cooler~”

She hummed her own chorus to herself and kept flying hard, ahead of her there was a flock of seagulls and Rainbow Dash gave them a quick flyby. She sent a wave to the lead seagull in the formation and laughed when they all squawked and scattered. Then Rainbow Dash dove down to the cold, clear, waters of the ocean until she was barely a few feet above the waves. She flew between small icebergs and checked through the water to see if she could see any whales or anything else. A smile was plastered on her face the entire time, humming and humming, wondering if any animals could hear her. Rainbow turned on her side and let the tip of her wing dip into the water, cutting a line in it with how fast she was going. She curved and hummed to herself some more while flying above the ocean’s surface before shooting up again.

The wide blue world spread out before her, both the sky and ocean seeming to spread infinitely. She spun around and around in a circle, looking between the both of them while she flew on, before coming out once more to fly right-side up and sing some more and finish her song.

“Yeah, I'm awesome, take caution~”
“Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be~”
“Yeah. I'm awesome, take caution~”
“Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be!~”

“Hey, hey, hey, hey...” she mumbled in a sing-song tune to herself, the beat still continuing in her head even as she thought of no more lyrics to go along with it.

It felt good to just get it all out and sing even when nobody else who could really appreciate it was around. She definitely didn’t consider herself a song-lover like Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy but it was still fun. It always made the day better. Or improved what was already a great day. She could see Applejack teasing her about her recent bout of the song virus, and Twilight and Rarity being surprised, but if they said anything she’d just shrug and grin. Maybe once she got back to Ponyville they’d all give her a big celebratory song and party? Knowing Pinkie Pie that was probably already going to happen…

“Heh,” Rainbow couldn’t keep the fresh grin off her face as she thought about that. “Wow, I’m really close to being back. I really am...”

There wasn’t much left to get through now—she didn’t know exactly how many more days of flying it would take but it probably wouldn’t be for long that she saw that familiar stony shoreline. She was almost back to somewhere she had already been. It was crazy to think about after how far she had traveled and how long she had been gone.

Rainbow Dash found herself humming again and she lazily started flying up and down, enjoying the great day. “Awesome as I wanna be...”

PreviousChapters Next