• Published 20th Jun 2022
  • 131 Views, 6 Comments

The Adventures of Sunlight Blaze: The Multiverse Quest, Volume 1. - Justafanfictioner



Follow Sunlight, Moonlight and Sunset's epic adventure in the Multiverse, Looking for universes that need saving.

  • ...
 6
 131

Chapter 8: Battle against Empress Sunset Shimmer, part 1.

Author's Note:

Reminder: Ashen Hooves is the undercover name of Sunlight Blaze in this world, to avoid confusion between him and the other him.

The two Sunlight were staring at each other, turning in circle. Ashen Hoove broke the ground below his alternate universe self. Sunlight began sinking into the ground, but he teleported out of it. Ashen sent at his opponent wind blades that Sunlight countered with electrified wind blades. Sunlight created a ball of golden flames in his hands.

“Golden....Wildfire!!” shouted Sunlight, releasing his spell.

“Fire magic won’t affect me” said Ashen.

The golden fireball exploded on impact. At his surprise, Ashen felt an electric shock coming from the flames, who were covering his whole body.

“Wait, did he combined two magic in one spell? Thought Ashen. Interesting...”

He blew off the flames from his body without efforts.

“That’s some interesting magic you have, said Ashen to Sunlight. Are you using Fusion Elemental magic?”

“Yes, answered Sunlight. I can combine any of the elements i master with another element. For example, i can combine fire with ice to create a blue flame that both freeze and burn at the same time. Or Fire and Nature to create green flames, that poison and burn the enemy. I can do the same with other elements as well, like lightning, wind or ice.”

“How many elements do you master?” asked Ashen.

“9 in total, answered Sunlight. Light, Shadow, Water, Ice, Fire, Wind, Thunder, Earth and Nature.”

“So, 9 elements, and 8 possible fusion for each of them, said Ashen. That’s a lot of potential combinations!!”

“Yep, said Sunlight. And what about you?”

“Welp, i’m also an expert in elemental magic, answered Ashen. Like you, i master all 9 elements. I don’t use it like you do, but mine can take on magical or energical properties, depending on the amount of magic available.”

“So, said Sunlight, you’re saying that even in an environment without magic, you could still use elemental attacks? How is it possible?”

“A completely artificial body, answered Ashen. I can’t say more than that...”

The two continued to fight each other, meanwhile, Luna and Moonlight were passionately having sex in their room. Sunset was working on undoing her evil counterpart’s mind control on the princesses. A few hours later, Sunset finally broke the two of them free from the mind control, and their chains.

“My mind, said Celestia. I feel like my brain had been stomped over by a yak.”

“You must be really talented to have broken such a powerful spell” said Luna to Sunset.

“It takes a psychic to break another psychic’s mind-control, said Sunset. She put psychic locks on you, that i had to carefully break one after another, for the both of you. Now that you’re free, can you fight on our side?”

“Obviously, said Celestia. Let us handle Twilight and her friends, me and Luna should be able to free them from the mind control.”

Sunset brought the two princesses to Sunlight.

“I’m glad you two are on our side, he said. With you two, we can definitively turn the tide of the war”

“We will handle Twilight and her friends, said Luna. And come back to assist you when we saved them.”

“It won’t be easy, said Sunlight. For Twilight particularly. She’s Sunset most priced possession, kept locked in a magic prison, protected by dozens of enchantments. For this reason, i’d prefer you attacking the main strongholds.”

Discord appeared out of nowhere, visibly tired.

“Sorry to be late!” he said.

“Ah, Discord!! Said Sunlight. Your right on schedule!! Because we’re taking the kingdom back today!!”

He stared at Luna and Celestia.

“They’re good now, said Sunlight. That girl over there freed them from Sunset’s mind control.”

“It’s because of them that i lost most my chaos magic” said Discord.

Celestia sighed and casted on him a spell.

“There, you can return in your dimension, she said. How long is it going to take for you to recover?”

“A few days, answered Discord. I propably won’t be able to assist you in this battle. You know Sunset used the Elements of Harmony to created a magic barrier.”

“Right, said Sunlight. That barrier can only be undone by defeating the bearers of the Elements. Unfortunately, that mean we will have to defeat Empress Sunset, since she have the Element of Magic.”

“Let me handle them, said Sunset. I’ll kill two birds with one stone.”

“I’ll rescue Twilight, said Ashen. I’ve got just the tool for this task.”

“I’m taking on Cadence, said Shining Armor. She freed me from a mind-control spell once and it’s time i return the favor!!”

“Me and Luna will hold back Sunset Shimmer” said Celestia.

“I’ll tag along with you, said Moonlight. I’ve got the perfect magic to counter hers...”

“No, said Sunlight. Let me reach to her first. I still believe i can bring her back to reason.”

“She will kill you, Sunlight, said Celestia. You know that, don’t you?”

“I don’t intend on dying, said Sunlight. But if i have to perish to save her, then be it. One way or another, this war will end today!!”

Suddenly, an army of Timberwolves showed up around their base. There were hundred of them, all ready to rip and tear until it’s done.

“Great, said Sunlight. Timberwolves...”

He teleported outside the base and the Timberwolves immediately attacked him. Sunlight summoned a flaming sword in his hand and started cutting the creatures down one by one. Ashen Hooves joined him shortly after, destroying the Timberwolves with red-hot claws. Then the two Luna, Celestia, Shining Armor, Moonlight Frost and Sunset Shimmer joined the fight. They quickly disposed of the magic creatures. But this was only the beginning, as Chrysalis and Cadence showed up with an army of Changeling and Crystal Guards. If that was not enough, The Wonderbolts and the creatures locked in Tartarus were also of the game.

“Leave them to us, said Shining Armor. Me, princess Luna and princess Celestia will stay here to fight them. You and the rest, go!!”

Sunlight nodded and teleported the group as closer as he could from the Royal castle. Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity were standing at the gates. Sunset immobilized them with her magic.

“I’ve got this, she said. Keep going!!”

Sunlight, Luna, Ashen and Moonlight blasted open the gates and entered the castle. They were welcomed by Tirek. Luna and Moonlight nodded at each other.

“We’re taking care of this guy!!” he said.

He opened two portal that the two Sunlight passed through. Ashen jumped in the portal leading to the place where Twilight was held captive. Sunlight, him, entered the one leading to the throne room. He waited for Sunset to show up, which she did almost immediately.

“I thought you’d never show yourself, brother, said Sunset. You came her to stop me? Please...”

“I’m here to bring you back to your senses!! Said Sunlight. It’s not too late for you to stop this madness.”

Sunset answered by firing a magic projectile at him. Sunlight dispelled the attack, not bothered at all. Sunset threw more of her attacks at him. Meanwhile, Shining Armor, Celestia and Luna were fending off the enemy, which wasn’t an easy task.

“Please, Cadence, my love!! Said Shining. You’re stronger than that!!”

“Sorry, dear Husband, said Cadence. I want a divorce”

“How can you lower yourself to this, Chrysalis!? Asked Celestia. Teaming up with your worst enemy!!”

“Trust me, i don’t do this on my own will, she answered. But she’s too strong, even for me.”

“I neutralized the monsters!! Said Luna. I’m sending them right back to Tartarus!”

“Perfect, said Celestia, That’s one less enemy to deal with.”

“Do you need help? Asked Luna. You seem to be struggling!!”

“I’m fine, she answered. Help Shining instead.”

“Desperate situations call for desperate mesures, said Luna. I call upon the power of the Night!!”

Luna’s power skyrocketed as she transformed into Nightmare Moon. She charged at Cadence.

“Powering up? Asked Cadence. I can do it too!! Crystal Heart, give me your power!!!”

Cadence’s power also skyrocketed and a magic armor appeared to cover her body.

“I guess i have no choice, said Celestia. I call upon the power of the Sun!!”

Celestia’s power grew drastically as she turned into Daybreaker. In answer to her transformation, Chrysalis summoned her dreaded Royal Battle Armor, made from anti-magic crystals. At the castle, Sunset was still working on breaking the mind-control and Luna and Moonlight were still fighting Tirek.

“You’re strong, said Tirek. I’d expect no less from Alicorns. I guess i will stop playing and get serious...Rage of the Berserker!!!”

Tirek entered a Berserk mode, Moonlight opened a portal for himself and Luna leading somewhere else, followed by Tirek. They reappeared in the middle of a large field.

“Now, we’ll have more space to fight, said Moonlight. Luna, stand aside”

His aura grew drastically in a short period.

“Dark Magic Arcane: Curse of Immortality!!” shouted Moonlight.

Tirek stroke him with his axe, slicing Moonlight in half. Immediately, his body regenerated in less than a second. Tirek continued swinging his weapon, but each time he hit Moonlight, this one’s body regenerated immediately.

“Why can’t i kill you!?” he shouted

“I understand, thought Luna. Moonlight is simply regenerating faster than Tirek can hit him, giving indeed the impression he’s immortal. His Zombie-like body immune to pain, combined with his extremely fast regeneration is a great weapon against slow and strong opponents. He’s incredible.”

Ashen Hooves was working on taking down the multiple magic barriers surrounding Twilight’s cell, who was watching him with stressful eyes. The artificial Unicorn broke down the last barrier with his anti-magic stone shard, that also shared the same fate. Twilight gained back her magic power and teleported outside her cell. Ashen grabbed her as she was falling down.

“Thank you, she said. Thank you so much...”

“You can thank me later!! Said Ashen. For now, we have to put you to safety!!”

Twilight used her magic to teleport herself and Ashen Hooves outside the castle. Not far away from the good Sunset Shimmer, still dealing with her opponents. When Rainbow and the rest saw her, they let their mental defenses down, allowing Sunset to fully enter their minds. Then, it was only a matter of minutes before she freed the girls from the mind-control. Sunset fell on the ground, exhausted and Ashen took her in his arms.

“Twilight!!” said the five girls

“My friends!! Said Twilight. Oh, i missed you so much!!”

The Mane 6 looked at Ashen Hooves and Sunset Shimmer with grateful expressions. Sunset smiled weakly.

“Where is Sunset?!” asked Twilight.

“She’s fighting her brother, answered Ashen. In the throne room”

“You need to rest, Twilight!! Said Applejack. Let’s get you back to Sweet Apple Acres!!”

“Bring my sister too while you’re at it” said Ashen.

“No, said Sunset. I can keep fighting, i...”

“You’ve done your part” said Ashen Hooves.

Rainbow Dash put Sunset Shimmer in her arms. Ashen Hooves returned inside the castle. In the Throne room, the evil Sunset was still fighting with her brother.

“It’s bad, thought Sunlight. I can barely keep my concentration. Having to defend both against mental attacks and magic attacks is extremely exhausting.”

One of Sunset’s attack pierced Sunlight’s chest, right as Ashen Hooves entered the throne room. Sunlight fell on the ground, a smile on his face.

“No!!! Shouted Ashen Hooves. Sunlight!!”

Ashen created a wind dome around him and his other self.

“I have no regret, said Sunlight. This is the only way this could end...”

Ashen took down his disguise and revealed his true identity.

“I knew it” said Sunlight, laughing faintly

He grabbed Ashen’s right hand and started transfering his magic onto him.

“I passed my magic on to you, he said. Please, save her, Sunlight.”

His heart stopped beating. Sunlight dispelled the wind barrier, got up and looked at the evil Sunset with determined eyes. She looked at the Sunlight lying dead on the floor, then at the other standing right next to him.

“I see, she said. You must be a Sunlight from another universe. How does it feel to see yourself die?”

Sunlight looked at her with a smile.

“How does it feel to kill your own brother?” he asked.

She started having headaches and yelled of pain. She started arguing with herself, like she had two different personalities inside of her head. The situation escalated quickly, and reached it’s peak when a demonic Sunset Shimmer suddenly splitted up from her body. The demonic Sunset took a physical form while the body of another Sunset Shimmer was lying on the ground, unconscious. Sunlight recognized that particuliar dissociation, having happened to him years ago and created his arch-enemy, Moonlight Frost. He went to take her hearbeat and felt nothing.

“There, said the demonic Sunset. She won’t hold me back anymore!!”

Sunlight charged one hand with electricity and casted a wind dome with the other. He sent shockwaves in her body, hoping to restart her heart again. He did it for a couple of minutes until finally, her heart started beating again.

“She’s back, he said. I was able to save her. And now, i’m taking those two out of there immediately.”

He grabbed her and ran toward his other self’s body to grab him as well. When he touched his body, he felt a familiar magic coursing through it and smiled. Demon Sunset immediately went after him, with a sadistic expression on her face.