• Published 20th Jun 2022
  • 131 Views, 6 Comments

The Adventures of Sunlight Blaze: The Multiverse Quest, Volume 1. - Justafanfictioner



Follow Sunlight, Moonlight and Sunset's epic adventure in the Multiverse, Looking for universes that need saving.

  • ...
 6
 131

Chapter 7: The Empress of Equestria.

Sunlight was still fighting a powered-up and angry Tirek, supported by Sunset and Luna. In the meantime, Moonlight and Discord made it to Tartarus and where in face of the Mane 6.

“Discord?! Asked Twilight. How dare you show yourself to us again!!?”

Moonlight unlocked the cage containing the Mane 6. Applejack immediately jumped on Discord, who felt on the ground.

“I’m going to give you five across the ass!!” she said.

“Just do it, said Discord. I’m powerless right now, i don’t have my magic anymore...”

“What? Asked Rarity. So, Tirek stole it from you, right?”

“No, he didn’t, said Discord. I willingly got rid of my magic, that is now in this bell.”

Moonlight showed Grogar’s Bell to the group.

“No way, said Celestia. Is that Grogar’s Bell?”

“Yes, answered Discord. I let him and his friends steal my magic with it. Moonlight, give them the Bell”

Moonlight gave the Bell to Celestia, who was surprised.

“I betrayed you, said Discord. So, it is simply fitting to let you decide of my punishment...Without my magic, i’m like anypony else.”

“It’s our fault too, said Twilight. Although we were supposed to be friends, we didn’t treat you like one...I rejected you when all you wanted is some attention.”

“We took you for granted, said Rarity. We all though Fluttershy’s affection would be enough to keep you in rank. But we were wrong. We should had treated you better, Discord.”

“To be fair, i considered refusing Tirek’s proposition, said Discord. But the way you kept rejecting me really hurt my feelings, you know. I didn’t took much from Tirek to convince me to join his side...”

“I don’t blame you, said Fluttershy, hugging Discord. You were still early in the stage of your redemption, and beside me, no one put efforts in being a good friend to you...”

“We promise to treat you better, Discord, said Applejack. We’ll never take you for granted again...So, do you have a plan to take him down?”

Discord gave Twilight Tirek’s necklace.

“Tirek offered me that necklace in sign of what i thought would be a beautiful friendship, said Discord. But i was wrong to think he would have been a genuine friend. So, today, i’m giving it to you, as a token of my friendship, to apologize for everything i’ve done...”

A rainbow light briefly appeared on the necklace, then in her eyes.

“Don’t tell me, said Rainbow. Could this be the last key we need to open that box?!”

Moonlight opened a portal.

“Get in, slowpokes, he said. This portal will bring you directly to the Tree of Harmony...Do what you have to do, save Equestria!!”

The girls entered in the portal and disappeared.

“You know what you have to do, Moonlight, said Discord. Do it, i have to be punished for what i’ve done...Destroy the bell, and my magic with it.”

“No! Said Celestia. You won’t take the easy way out, you weasel. Although i admire your resolve, you’re not the only one to blame for this. To be fair, i knew when i sent you to stop Tirek, that you’ll join his side.”

“You knew? Asked Discord. Of course, you wanted me to learn a valuable lesson about friendship, right?”

“Yes, answered Celestia. It was necessary for you to fully redeem yourself. It was also a lesson for Twilight, to help her grow even stronger, more confident. So...”

She gave Discord his magic back.

“To be honest, i knew it too, said Discord. You’re not the only one who can foresee the future, dear Celestia. I was playing along with the script!!”

They hive-fived each other.

“My feelings were genuine, though, said Discord. I really felt bad betraying my friends, even if it was all for the good of Twilight.., I also wanted her and her friends to learn a lesson about caring for your friends, as weird as they are.”

“I’m sorry you had to go through this, said Celestia. But in the end, it is all for Twilight, for her future as the Princess of Friendship...”

“I should probably see how my friends are doing against Tirek, said Moonlight. While we were talking our hearts out, they are fighting that brute...”

Back to the Tree of Harmony, Sunset and Luna had been K.O’d and Sunlight was the only one to fight Tirek.

“Thank Celestia for having unlimited energy, said Sunlight. Have it been the old me, Tirek would have already put me K.O. Although i’m far too weak to overpower him, i can still fight as long as i want to.”

He saw Moonlight and Discord arrive. Moonlight grabbed Sunset and Luna and carried them away. Sunlight let himself get distracted and that allowed Tirek to grab him.

“Enough flying around, boy, said Tirek. This fight lasted way longer than it should have...I’m gonna crush you to pieces...”

Sunlight disappeared from his hand and reappeared beside Discord.

“Oh, look who’s back! Said Tirek. The traitor himself...So, you came to surrender yourself to me?”

“No, said Discord. Take this!!”

Discord made a giant ball of slime fall on Tirek, covering him in a thick, green goo. He then turned the slime into steel, trapping Tirek. This one broke the steel prison and fired a beam at Discord, who just turned it into confettis.

“I should have standed for my friends, said Discord. And i’m doing this right now!! Do you see me, Fluttershy? Your friend is doing what he should have done from the beggining...”

“I see you, said Fluttershy, smiling. I’m glad to have you as a friend.”

“Let’s do this, girls!! Said Twilight. It’s time to save Equestria!!”

They opened the chest and a rainbow laser came out of it. The mane 6 powered up, their manes changing colors and their aura growing stronger. Tirek turned his head to the direction of the sky and was sidered.

“No way!! How?!! He yelled. Whatever, you won’t defeat me, little ponies!!”

“I think it’s our cue to leave, said Moonlight. Hey, Sunlight, let’s go, i’m sure the girls can handle this from this point! We have other universes to save!!”

“Say hello to your Discord for me, okay? Said Discord. Thank you for everything, my friends!”

“That’s our job, said Sunlight, smiling. Oh, one last thing, put the bell back where i found it, okay?”

“Of course, said Discord. Count on me, friend!! And goodbye!!”

The 4 ponies disappeared completely and reappeared in Discord’s house.

“You’re impressive! Said Discord. It seem nothing can stop you!! Let me help those 2”

Discord healed Sunset and Luna, who woke up fresh.

“It really suck that my body have a limit to the power it can produce, said Sunlight. I threw my strongest attack at this brute and he was still standing.”

“In my opinion, said Moonlight. Your infinite stamina and auto-regenerative properties far outweight this downside. Leave the power issue to me”

“It’s true, said Sunset. If it wasn’t for your unlimited stamina, you would have bitten the dust way earlier.”

“I guess you’re right, said Sunlight, looking at the Fourth Wall. It would be kinda unfair if i also had unlimited power, beside infinite energy and stamina. Wink wink”

“I’m going to give you your next mission! Said Discord. It will be the hardest one you’ll be facing so far...Because this time, you’ll have to fight friends...”

“You mean, you’re sending us in a universe where the Mane 6 are evil?” asked Sunset.

“That, but there is also two more things beside an evil Mane 6, said Discord. Those 6 are merely working for a greater treath, plus Cadence, Luna and Celestia. And who that great evil might be? It’s you, Sunset Shimmer.”

“What about me? And you?” asked Sunlight.

“You and i are the only one trying to resist her, said Discord. Plus a few opposants of her regime.”

“Okay, so, what went wrong in this universe?” asked Sunset, not even shocked.

“Well, you successfuly invaded Canterlot, answered Discord. Right after defeating Twilight and her friends in the human world, with the help of Sunlight, you were able to put your evil plan into fruition. With your psychic power, you brainwashed almost everyone in the kingdom into following you, including Luna, Celestia and Cadance, plus the Mane 6. With them under her control, the Elements of Harmony were also under her control as well. I tried to undo her brainwashing, but i was unable to do so, and a head on assault would end up with me being petrified by the Elements...”

“Okay, but is it safe for me and Sunlight to get in this universe? Asked Sunset. After all, both of us already exist in this dimension...”

“It will be fine, said Discord. As long as you do not directly interact with your doubles.”

“So, we’ll have to help this Sunlight without him figuring out our identities, said Sunlight. We’ll need a disguise!!!”

“Say no more, said Luna. I’ve got just the spell!!”

Luna casted a spell on the two siblings. Sunlight’s white-beige skin turned ash grey. His mane went from orange, red and yellow to white, grey and black. Sunset, her, went from pale orange to scarlet, her mane turned from yellow and red to Blue and Purple.

“Sunlight, said Luna, you are now Ashen Hooves!! Sunset Shimmer, you are Scarlet Shine!! And Moonlight, well, you’re still the same. I doubt you exist in this world.”

“He doesn’t, in fact, said Discord. Luna, if you absolutely want to go with them on this mission, you’ll need to hide your identity from the other Luna and Celestia.”

Luna turned into a completely different pony. Hot Pink body, with Red and white .

“Not bad, uh? She said. I use this form when i want to spy on my subjects. I call this alternate identity Velvet Crest.”

“So, what’s the plan” asked Sunset.

“To make a plan, answered Luna. We need to collect informations about the current situation. For example, where people would need our help the most, or where our enemies’ bases are located. You understand?”

“Luna’s right, said Sunlight. As expected for a thousand year old Alicorn princess. We need informations, so, once we get there, we’ll split up and look around for them. Once we got enough information about this conflict, we’ll reunite at one place and elaborate a plan...”

“The kind of infos we need are very simple, said Moonlight. First thing we need to know is how powerful the enemy is, and how much the resistance is disadvantaged face to them.”

“You’ll talk about this later, said Discord, throwing them in a portal. Go save the world, already.”

The 4 ponies landed on the ground. They quickly got up on their feet.

“Alright, said Sunlight, it’s time to do some research in the enemy side!!”

He took off, then turned himself invisible as he was high in the sky.

“I’m going too, said Sunset. I’ll float around, reading the more minds i can to collect informations!”

She left as well.

“Let’s look for the resistance’s main base, said Luna. And while we’re at it, analyze their territory.”

They took off too. Half an hour later, Moonlight and Luna found the resistance’s base. It was in the castle of the two sisters. They saw that this world’s Celestia and Luna were attacking it.

“Sending those two at us, said Sunlight, commanding his troops around the castle. Right as Discord left for a rescue mission...Shining’s forcefield is holding up quite well, but he won’t maintain it for long.”

Moonlight jumped into the action. His eyes glew of a bright red light as he looked at the princesses.

“Alicorn bodies, stop moving!!” said Moonlight.

The two alicorns became frozen in place, unable to move. Moonlight landed in front of the two enemies, arboring his wings proudly in front of them.

“Behold!! Said Moonlight. My Freezing Glare, inspired by the Cockatrice’s stare itself!”

Celestia broke free of the curse and attacked Moonlight with her sword. Moonlight dodged it and casted another curse. Celestia came to slash him, but suddenly got hurt instead of him. She attacked again, and took damages again.

“What’s happening?! Asked the other Luna. Why can’t you hit him?!”

“Be silenced, foe!!! Said Moonlight, casting a silence curse at her. You can’t hit me, Celestia darling. You see, you are also under a particularly powerful curse that turn your own attack against you. It’s name is Reversal. Now, be a darling and sleep!!”

Moonlight’s eyes shined yellow, causing Luna and Celestia to fall asleep. Sunlight came out of the castle, with a couple of soldiers.

“I don’t know who you are, said Sunlight. But thank you for your help, stranger. What’s your name?”

“I’m Shadow-Mane, said Moonlight. I came from another universe to help you save this world.”

“So, my prayers for a miracle to happen to us were answered, said Sunlight. What kind of magic did you used on those 2?”

“Curse magic, answered Moonlight. A form of Dark Magic that’s all about cursing the enemy. I’ve got one for almost any situation. And because i’m an Alicorn myself, my spell can affect those 2 and other powerful being. The cute gal beside me is Velvet Crest, my uh wife!!.”

“Can she fight too? Asked Sunlight. We will take all the help we can!!”

“I can’t fight, said Luna. But i’m good at raising morale!!”

“That work too, said Sunlight. Morale is important in a war”

Sunset Shimmer, or rather Scarlet Shine, arrived to join Moonlight. When she saw Sunlight, wearing a military outfit and an artificial horn, she felt an ache in her heart.

“She’s a friend, said Moonlight. Meet Scarlet Shine!!”

Sunlight had a familiar feeling when he looked at Scarlet. For some reason, he felt reassured by her presence. Not long after, the other Sunlight, or Ashen Hooves, arrived too.

“I’ve got a map of every enemy bases in the kingdom, said Sunlight. Plus the exact number of troops they dispose!!”

When he saw is other self, he hugged him. Sunlight immediately felt weird being hugged by a stranger that seemed familiar as well.

“I’m Ashen Hooves, said Ashen. I’m here to help you, dear. Here!!”

He gave his other self a map of every strategic location of the enemy. The other Sunlight smiled of joy.

“I appreciate the effort, said Commander Sunlight. But we already mapped everything since a while now, so a map of the strategic locations of our enemy is useless.”

“You lacked the firepower, said Moonlight. I figured out that much looking at your troops.”

“But since we are there now, said Sunset. We can actually strike hard and fast. Plus, we have Luna and Celestia in our custody. And i might be able to undo the mind-control spell on them, if you gave me the time.”

“First, we need to repair our base, said Sunlight. How long do you think it would take you to free the princesses from Sunset’s control?”

“Give me a couple of hours and it’s done” said Sunset.

“Perfect” said Sunlight.

Ashen Hooves was burning to fight his other self.

“Hey, asked Ashen. Mind for a sparring session between you and me?”

“I’m all for it!! Answered Sunlight. I never mind a friendly fight...Let’s head for the training field.”