• Published 4th Aug 2022
  • 1,439 Views, 19 Comments

Query - ShadowRazer2121



HADES comes back online to a strange world, but doesn’t know what to do.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,439

Chapter 3: Dreaming Up Solutions, A Total Nightmare

Author's Note:

This one took a bit to finish but here it is. This one was kinda difficult to write I may or may not come back and add more and edit it possibly but no guarantees but I do what I can.

The dining room was deathly quiet as no pony said a word. Celestia watch her sister with curiosity as Luna stared off into space in contemplation with brows furrowed she was deep in thought and Celestia knew better not to interrupt her when she was this way, but her curiosity got the better of her.

“Luna, is something bothering you?” Celestia asked Luna which seemed to get Luna’s attention as she quickly looked up to her sister and responded.

“I am fine, but during our duties in the dreamscape we found a dream like none of the other dreams,” Luna said further peaking Celestia’s curiosity even more.

“What was wrong with it?” Celestia pressed.

Luna debated telling her the tug of war going on the favor of telling her sister.

“The dream was angry not a normal angry, like it was made of pure rage and fury, like the dream was from Tartarus. What was more strange, when I made an attempt to enter, it rejected my entry.” Luna said as she started to get a little agitated. No pony had ever been able to deny her access in the dream realm.

Both ponies sat there, thinking of what it could mean. Could it be a new threat or maybe something that they have never seen before, but one thing was for sure she would attempt to enter the dream again and she was not going to be bested again in her own realm.

Luna headed to her room to try and solve the issue. As she approached her room two bat pony guards stood there waiting for her. They stood straight at attention. As she unlocked the door and opened it to enter. As she entered she muttered one final intrusion to her guards.

“I am not to be disturbed until I conclude a matter that requires my attention,” Luna said to her guards as she passed.

“Yes, your highness.” A guard stated. As he straightened even more to acknowledge the princess's orders as the door slammed behind her and a click was heard, that meant no one was going to enter unless given explicit permission by The Princess herself. The two guards then shifted where they stood closer together and stood in front of the door blocking the entrance.

Luna threw her regalia off and just opted to throw it at the stands rather then put them cleanly up on their stands. She pull the covers off and saw that the sun began to set over the horizon. And Luna sighed and walk onto the balcony as she saw her sister on the tower that was her quarters as the sun made its final approach Celestia used her magic to push the sun below the Horizon, as Luna used her magic to raise the moon. Luna quickly got to her bed and pull the covers over herself. She was out like a light as she found herself in the dreamscape yet again. She looked around for where the dream was that she had left. After doing some looking she found it isolated from the other dreams, but something was off. It wasn’t as enraged as it was before it was faint. She made an second attempt to enter and this time there absolutely Zero resistance. Which further more put her off.

With a decision she entered and what she saw made her jaw drop. It was lifeless a wasteland of dead trees and ruins of buildings dotted about the wasteland. The ground was made out of ash and dust. The air was thin making it hard to breath. However, for Luna, she knew it wouldn’t affect her because of how the moon was like this environment. She gazed at the lifeless place until she turned around and there in the middle was a glowing blood red orb with black triangular pieces of metal surrounding it almost orbiting it. It floated there, as small squares would appear and disappear from time to time. After some contemplation she decided she needed to know what this dream was. So she made a tough decision. She had to get answers. She stepped forward and addressed the floating orb.

“Um, hello? “ Luna said mentally face hoofing herself for that introduction. She was snapped out of it as a loud rumbling sound coming from the orb as it was raised a little bit more off the ground although not too much.

“WHO…..WHAT…..IS ENTITY?” The orb asked her a voice that sounded in pieces, deep, old, and sounded like the thing didn’t know basic equish. Confusion at the question, but she continued forward.

“I am Princess Luna, Princess of the Night, ruler of the Dreamscape. I noticed your dream was in a, strange state and came to investigate.” Luna said getting straight to the point.

“ENTITY….NOT WELCOME….THREAT LEVEL…MODERATE.” The orb said which frustrated the alicorn but she continued to hold her ground.

“Threat? What makes you say I’m a threat?” Luna asked with confusion, but didn’t get a response. Which only frustrated the alicorn further. She had just about enough of this thing so she began the use her magic to dig deep into the creature. However, like the dream the first time except different she faced resistance. Although it was weak she struggled. Whatever this thing was it had strong will power, but not enough. Luna successfully broke through the mental barriers and found a hallway of strange metal doors with sparks coming off of them. The doors looked rusted like no one has touched them in thousands of years.

She continued down the hallway until she came across the only non damaged door. approaching the door she attempted to open it with her magic, but it didn’t budge. She scanned the door for A way to open it until she noticed a blue circle, with the top quarter piece of the circle colored red. Luna Raised her hoof over the circle and slowly twisted her foreleg clockwise. The circle started spinning going a full circle once before stopping at the original position before the door opened. As light bled through the open doorway Luna covered her eyes and cautiously entered. What she found troubled her and scared her. A giant metal creature that might as well be as big as Canterlot mountain. it had six legs and as well as six tendrils that looked like they were miles long. Parts of the tendrils were inside a side of a mountain. and there were the same Giant metal creatures dotted across a canyon. She turned around and overlooked a valley of open grasslands and what she saw terrified her. many other smaller metal creatures were frozen in place, but there were thousands of them.

She was in complete disbelief at the sight before her. She proceeded to move through the ranks of the metal creatures as they towered over her. One was so big it towered over the mountains, but that was her eyeballing it. She continued through the Gravel paved road. Until she heard a thumping sound in the distance, away from her current position. Curious she proceeded to move closer to it. When she took a peak from behind one of the frozen metal creatures her eyes went wide. A giant metal beast that had ten eyes on its head and several sharp mandibles on, what she assumed was its mouth. She was in aw as more smaller metal creatures moved passed it ignoring the beast. The metal beast turned to look down at the smaller ones then looked around seemingly scanning the area.

Luna quickly duck back as she heard the beasts foot steps stomping closer to her position. When the sound stopped she chanced a peek and her mouth almost fell to the grass it towered over her even towered over the four legged metal creature she hid behind. She peaked from behind her hiding spot and saw that it’s eyes went from blue to yellow as it looked around as if aware of her presence. For what felt like an eternity, she eventually her the metal beast’s foot steps walk away from her and she took the chance to get back to the path she was on. She looked around with wonder and curiosity until she came up a metal creature that towered even higher than the metal beast. She estimated it was as big, if not bigger than Canterlot. What got her curious, was the campsite under it. While it looked abandoned she had a feeling this is where her answers would be found.

Luna began to pour magic into her horn, as she cast a spell that sent a magical wave across her local surroundings, as if scanning the area. After she had preformed the spell she shot a beam of magic at the ground as a similar wave of magic wash over her surroundings. Princess Luna watch curiously as a bid-pedal creature appeared in front of her. The figure had a dark skin tone with what appeared to be some kind of wire on his skin. She couldn’t even imagine how painful it must have been to have those put there. The figure was frozen in place, however with a wave of her magic the scene played out. As it played a giant sphere appeared lager then the bid pedal creature itself.

“Let’s see what you know about your ‘Masters’ you so greatly speak of. Shall we.” The creature said as the Lunar Princess had now had a gender for the creature which was male by the sound of it. It held had some kind of lantern as red tendrils lashed out as if it was trying to escape. Luna instantly recognized it as the dream when she first encountered it.

The creature turned the lantern on its side and lifted it up to a small slot and pushed it into the giant sphere. The sphere flashed a blood red before dimming, as well as flickering from time to time. She decided to skip forward a bit and found herself in a similar place when she had first entered the dream. A different bipedal creature looking very different. And the orb she had encountered before was there talking to the creature.

She decided to observe as Luna could not understand the conversation for some reason. Only that the Orb was named HADES. What scared her more was that it had started explaining how it had destroyed the world it’s from at least 4 different times and succeeded, but this time failed. Which confused Luna on how that could possibly work. She set that thought aside as something began to happen as a new voice spoke up and the creature which sounded female was talking to it as the blue lights swirled around the red entity the red light had started to disintegrate as Luna could mentally feel it’s pain as it was slowly destroyed. Luna started to spin up the spell to exit, but something caught the Lunar princess’s attention. It was the fact that she now stood in the Everfree forest and before her were about 3-5 Timberwolf corpses scatter across a clearing. She started to walk around and study each corpse. Until she notice a trail of what looked like blood leading away from the clearing. She followed it until she came across a sight that tugged at her heart. A small foal was on the ground bleeding and it was a lot.

She tried to think of something however the was nothing she could do. This was just a dream. And idea clicked in her head and she lite up her horn and laid a hoof on the body. As arcs of blue magic surged through the foal’s body and it jolted awake with gasping for breath. He was alive just aware of the dream he was in. She knew it would help until this one could be located. Before a question could be asked the foal turned around and faced her. The eyes made her freeze in fear as the Luna stared deep into the blood red orb that was one of its eyes. She heard a voice.

*SYSTEM THREAT DETECTED*

Before anything could be done she quickly blurted out.

“Wait, Let me help.” Luna said trying to stop however it wasn’t seemingly willing to listen. As the metal creatures from before rose from the ground and surrounded her. She had no choice. With a quick activation of a spell she exited the dream and shot up in her bed. She had to find this foal, for she had questions.