• Published 4th Aug 2022
  • 1,439 Views, 19 Comments

Query - ShadowRazer2121



HADES comes back online to a strange world, but doesn’t know what to do.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,439

Chapter 1: Downgraded

Author's Note:

I got bored and came up with this while I was playing Horizon Forbidden West. So expect errors bla bla bla I don’t own this that you know how it goes

If HADES could feel it would….. oh wait he remembered he could but he didn’t know how. His processors went hay wire to the point they started to hurt he could get the pain to stop. Every processor in his construct told him that this was wrong. He started to feel that weird feeling of warmth again until he felt cold again. It was a constant back and forth until it started to irritate him until he switch. His main systems on and glared at the status systems check report in irritation. However when he opened his eyes there was nothing there he stared at a tree. He then felt a strange feeling almost like fuel but it get bad. He wondered if this was what everyone get like when he was in that Titan’s core being dragged across a field of corpses who thought they could defeat a subordinate function designed to kill. Worry, pain, sadness, but his personal favorite the one thing that always brought him joy……Fear. But now he felt it as he saw the Luscious forest brimming with life.

He tried looking around until he felt a rush of wind as he face planted into the ground. If he had the ability to he would run a full systems check on all functions. But for some reason he could not pull up the system’s status report. He instinctively went to rub the spot that he felt pain, but paused as he saw a limb not just any limb a hoof. The headache from earlier started to resurface and he fell back again rubbing it in agony because he had never been this way and he started to grow very irritated. But opted to simply calm down and do what he should have done examine. He always had to deal with Hephaestus’ ramblings about studying and examining and improving which he always found annoying. But for once that crazed machine maker was on to something despite being of lesser design then he was of course.

He started to look at his whole body and found it was some kind of creature he was Apart of Gaia anymore so digging into a complete memory bank was out of the question. He instinctually acknowledge this.

“Query.” He spoke more so as he didn’t know how to address a fascinating situation, when he heard his voice he started to irritated again, but quick thinking or was it this body it quickly extinguished. His voice sounded like his old voice just not as damaged and of a higher pitch no longer did he have that tone that all would respect, but rather would look down upon with weakness. He was no longer the leader of a army of cultists foolish enough to believe he was a god, but rather a little weakling immortal turned mortal. However, apart of him still felt powerful, but he didn’t know in what way. However he had to address the most important issue more important than the where am I question.

“HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? GAIA….not……restored. No….WAY TO RESTORE DAMAGED BIOSPHERE.” HADES spoke with his downgraded voice. He tried to sit up and after a few failed attempts he finally managed. He managed to observer the rest of his body and was able to put together that he was a quadruped. Luckily for him he knew how to walk on four legs. At least he thinks. It can’t be too hard? Almost like controlling a Scarab and a group of what did they call them? He remembered, that the cultists called them Striders. Even though he personally didn’t know the names. Hephaestus always kept to himself when experimenting. He started to stand up and planted his hooves on the ground to stable himself. HADES started to go over what he had learned from the Scarabs he controlled. He started to move one hoof at a time as he slowly got the the movements narrowed down he started to wonder although a little wobbly, HADES still managed.

HADES had been wondering for what felt like hours, but really he was able to put the sun’s position in the sky to put that he had been walking for about 30 minutes which he had also noticed that the sun was low enough to where he could barely see it over the horizon. He decided to look up at the trees and noticed a bright red object on the leaves. After further inspection he noticed there were more. He started to notice that these trees were put in a straight line too much so that it wasn’t natural. He started to think of what the Humans would do if they saw him like this. With each step with the thought of what would happen to him now that he could feel pain. He had officially stopped where he stood and pondered on the thought. He had come to the conclusion that he should find a place to hide until he was sure that humans still existed. He started to continue of the course he was taking and opted to head to what he could barely make out what appeared to be a think forest and got an Idea.

After making his way he started to get used to walking and his pacing became more steady instead of wobbly and unbalanced. As HADES reached the forest he had found that the Fence was taller than him which confirmed that humans were still alive which only fueled his anger.

After trying countless times to go over it he again some how in some way managed to climb over although the painfully face plant into the ground again was considered successful he felt that it was a necessary sacrifice to ensure his survival. After his what felt like an eternity trying to get over the fence HADES moved to the forest and found that the deeper he went the thinker it got. HADES had begun to yet again wonder the sound of leaves crunching under his every step. HADES had attempted the idea of him somehow find himself not deleted……..again. HADES was broken out of his train of thought when he started to hear a strange sound. With his curiosity peaked, he headed in the direction of the sound.

He had a difficult time navigating this forest as the closer he got to the sound, the thicker the foliage got. He started to just give up when he stumbled into an opening with a small pond with a stream leading into it. As if on que he started to feel his throat become dry and stared at the water. After finally making a decision, he let out an irritated sigh and started to walk over to the water. He looked at the water, but stared at the water in confusion.

Looking back at him was something he had never seen before he noticed that every time he moved the figure in the water moved too. HADES had deduced that it was his reflection and had started to take notice of his full appearance. Staring back at him was a creature with a dark red color but not quite maroon, but close. With a strange what looked like fur on his head that look like what the humans had on their heads, his was Onyx black with red outlines going through the fur on top of his head as the hair was spiked up and kinda messy. He turned his head and noticed it went all the way down the back of his neck to a point stick outwards. HADES noticed something protruding from his head, just barely visible through the hair, was a horn. However was what intrigued HADES the most was his eyes. His eyes were not normal and it I trusted him. His left eye looked normal with the color a dark ruby red color. What caught his attention the most was his right eye. It was missing. All that was there was a blood red orb that stared back at the reflection. He felt a small itch on his back as he looked to his back and saw leather wings which only further fueled his evil joy.

HADES may have looked different and had gotten smaller, but he started to feel again that strange feeling of power resurface and to him it felt almost as if he was back inside that Titan. He looked at his hooves and noticed that two orbs with black tendrils swirling around the center as he recognized that power. It was his corruption. As the cultists called it. As quickly as it came he felt the feeling disappear as if being pushed back down and he started panic. He needed that power, he had to have it. As the power disappeared so did the orbs. He remembered to attempt to try and find a way to use what he thought had been lost with his ability to control machines, but he still had it.

HADES started to feel drowsiness come over him and as if on auto pilot he walked to a tree and started to feel his eyes grow heavy he tried to resist the drowsiness that had washed over him. HADES had cursed his new form for giving into such mortal weaknesses such as sleep. His attempts were in vein as he felt sleep take him and he fell into a deep slumber.


Princess Luna raised the moon as her sister lowered the sun and proceeded to her bed to begin he duties in the Dreamscape. And took her Royal regalia off and set it on the stands it went on and started to her bed. As she cut the candles and lights off she lifted the covers and got onto the bed and closed her eyes. As quickly as she closed them Luna found herself in the dreamscape where she saw hundreds of dreams ranging from Lustful ones to dark and evil ones. She had approached three particular orbs and saw three young filly’s she had helped over come their fears of their cutiemarks being something they don’t want. Finding that their dreams were calm and peaceful. She had continued to wonder through the dreams of ponies until she felt cold which meant their was a nightmare or something worse. She attempted to locate the source, but couldn’t isolate the specific dream, but rather attempted to locate it just by looking for it. Until she noticed within a cluster of dreams was a dream that had a dark red outline instead of the white shimmering outline that every pony dream had which meant this dream was bad. She readied her magic and attempted to enter but only to fell a agonizing amount of pain in her entire body which made her wince at the pain. She canceled the spell and noticed that tendrils that were black with a blood red outline now surrounded the dream. The tendrils were wild and always lashing out as if it was made of pure hatred. She decided to move the dream away from the cluster in case that the dream may harm other dreams. With it at a safe distance she instead attempted to see inside through the outside, but could make out anything due to the tentacles that held the dream in its grasp. The Lunar Princess want to study it more however as if on que she started to feel herself begin to wake up and decided to think on a course of action.