• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 2,012 Views, 83 Comments

Second chances - jacob.galvin



Sometimes goodness comes from unexpected places

  • ...
5
 83
 2,012

epilogue

Thank you Amethyst Dawn for editing
_________________________________________________
Three week later

Things pretty much returned to normal in Ponyville after that night. The buildings damaged by fire were rebuilt, a new town hall was under construction, but there were a few subtle differences that could be noticed. For one thing, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had been spending a lot more time together, often seen holding hooves or flying through the sky together, even sharing the occasional kiss in public. Another noticeable difference was the absence of the school bully, Diamond Tiara. She and her father had left Ponyville, to move to Canterlot, much to the town’s relief. But the major change that could be noticed was an odd looking creature that had taken up residence in town. He could often be seen around town, gliding like a black streak through the streets. Often stopping to chat with ponies about various things.

He and the town baker Pinkie Pie, were also seen spending time together. He would glide slightly above the ground, while she bounced along beside him, her bright pink standing out against his simple black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Discord wake up!", he felt hooves shaking him.

"Uh Pinkie what time is it?" he asked.

"I dunno but I couldn't sleep… Hey! Do you wanna explore the Everfree forest today?" She asked excitedly. He opened his eyes, sunlight was shining through the window.

Discord rose from his bed, his clawed feet tapped softly as they touched the floor. "I'd love to Pinkie, but I'm pretty busy this morning, how about we do it after lunch"

“Sounds great, I bet it'll be super duper fun!" She said bouncing down the stairs. Discord made his was down the stairs of Sugarcube Corner. He had paid Mr and Mrs Cake enough bits to move to Canterlot, so he and Pinkie could have the shop to themselves.

Discord wished he could spend the morning with Pinkie, but he had to get to Twilight's house for his lessons. After he had rejected the smoke creature that night, Discord had found that he could no longer use magic. Twilight had explained to him that hate and anger had been the source of his power, so without it he was powerless. But she had agreed to help him find a different source, and to channel magic that way. He had vowed never to use chaos magic again, but still wanted at least a basic amount of magic use. Enough to levitate things, or to travel between dimensions. He had promised Pinkie that when he was able to, he would take her to a dimension made entirely of candy.

He glided casually down the street, waving at ponies as he passed them. They waved back, or said hello, not caring what he looked like. He passed Lyra and Bonbon, who he suspected had a thing for each other.

There was Derpy, flying happily through the sky. “Hi Discord!” she called waving to him. He smiled and waved back, he felt good about having helped her, though slightly guilty about what he had done to Diamond Tiara. He had learned that her mother was dead, and that was why she was so cruel. When he got his magic back, the first thing Discord planned to do was give back her cutie mark.

He passed Vinyl and Octavia, who as usual were debating which was the better type of music. “Personally I prefer classical,” he commented.

Aha! See Vinyl, even the god of chaos himself prefers classical music,” Octavia said triumphantly with a smug smile.

“Yeah yeah, EX god of chaos that is, we should ask Princess Luna what she thinks, that'd settle things once and for all!” Vinyl Scratch said.

“I highly doubt the Princess has time for such trivial matters,” Octavia replied.


Discord arrived at the library; he knocked on the door and was greeted by Spike. "Oh hey Discord", you’re early for once."

“Ha ha very funny, is Twilight here?" Discord asked.

“Yeah she's upstairs, come on in.” He entered the library, “Twilight, your student's here’” Spike said mockingly.

"I told you a hundred times, I am not a student," Discord said annoyedly.

"Oh yeah, what do you call it then?" Spike smiled.

"I call it ‘I won’t be made fun of by a baby dragon stuck in the friend zone’" Discord had explained a while ago to Spike, that he was in a place called the friend zone with Rarity. Spike had denied it, claiming that Rarity was in love with him, and that it was just a matter of time before she asked him out. Discord loved nothing more than teasing Spike about it, though he often gave advice on how to get Rarity to notice him.


Twilight walked down the stairs, “morning Discord,” she said cheerfully, “are you ready to get started?” They spent the next few hours meditating, Twilight instructed Discord on how to find his centre, and feel the magic flowing through him. He tried thinking happy thoughts, and even managed to levitate a book for a few seconds. He then tried thinking of Pinkie Pie, her bright colour, her smile, her seemingly endless energy. Something inside his mind opened, and he found that levitation was now effortless. With a snap of his claw, he lifted a stack of books, enveloping them in blue magic, as opposed to his previous green.


He left the library feeling great, he had mastered levitation, and teleporting would hopefully be next. He flew into the sky with a flap of his wings, heading in the direction of Sugarcube Corner, he now had the rest of the day to spend with Pinkie. It would be just the two of the, alone in the Everfree forest. Neither one of them was afraid, since they had been in there before. Last time, they had found an old ruin, filled with ancient books. Twilight had been ecstatic when Discord had given them to her.

He landed in front of Sugarcube Corner, where Pinkie was already waiting. "You all set to do some exploring?” She asked excitedly.

"You now it Pinkie, maybe we'll meet a dragon or something!" They walked quickly in the direction of the Everfree forest, Discord enjoying the sound of Pinkies bouncing. He was going to the Everfree Forest with Pinkie today, and tomorrow he was going to fly with Rainbow Dash, show her some of his tricks. Life was going to be good for the ex-god of chaos from now on.

The End.