• Published 8th Feb 2022
  • 742 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Pony: love is magic - Star Hope



The friendship between Fluttershy and Discord has grown into something more, but neither of them had realised that until the arrival of a new pony to Ponyville changes everything

  • ...
2
 17
 742

2 The wedding

Fluttershy was at her cottage getting ready to attend the wedding, she was wearing a simple green dress and a flower on her mane. She was about to go when Discord appeared in front of her making her squeal.

"Happy anniversary!" he exclaimed joyfully.

"Discord, you scared me, what are you doing here? Our tea party is tomorrow," Fluttershy said.

"Have you forgotten? Today marks eight years since we met."

"You mean when you turned me and the rest against our elements and made Ponyville the Chaos Capital of the World?"

"Well, if you put it that way, it doesn't sound like something to remember," Discord recognised. "But you were my very first friend, so the day I met you seems to me like something worth celebrating."

She smiled gently. "That's so sweet of you, but don't you think it would be better to celebrate the day we became friends?"

"Oh! I also have that date marked on the calendar," he said unfolding a giant one out of nowhere.

One of the days was circled in red and had his and Fluttershy's face drawn on it. Seconds after the calendar was unfolded, small hearts appeared on the appointed day between the two drawings that were already there. Seeing this, Discord, who had no idea of where they had come from, hastily yanked on the calendar and then released it causing it to fold up an disappear.

"If you didn't remember today's date, then what have you dressed so elegant for?" he asked, he just realised she was wearing a dress and, to be honest, she looked beautiful.

"Today is Maud and Mudbriar's wedding," she clarified.

"Who?"

"Maud is Pinkie's older sister, you've met her a few times."

"Oh yeah, the rock obsessed pony. I guess that means you're busy," he dramatically said making her feel guilty.

Then she came up with an idea. "Hey! Would you like to come to the wedding as my plus one?" she asked.

"As fun as the wedding of those two might sound," he said sarcastically. "I think I'll pass. Don't get me wrong, I do love spending time with you, weddings just aren't my thing.

"Didn't you attend to Big Mag and Sugar Belle's wedding?"

"Well, yes, but that was different, after all the drama of Hearts and Hooves day and the rather chaotic proposal, I just couldn't miss it. They even let me add my 'personal touch' at the end."

"Are you sure you don't want to come."

"Absolutely, you go and have fun, but first I've got a present for you."

"A present?" she asked with surprise. "But you don't have to-"

"I insist," Discord interrupted. "Now lets see, where...?" he scrutinized the room in search for the perfect spot. "Here it'll do," he said framing his fingers and looking to a wall with nothing around.

"What are you...?"

In front of the wall was Fluttershy's bunny pet, Angel. Seeing him, Discord pushed him away with his tail. "Out of the way, furball."

Once he had free way, he snapped his fingers and a strangely shaped purple door appeared on the wall. " Ta-da!" he exclaimed opening the door, inside there was a coat rack and a couple of shelves.

"A... closet?" she asked surprised, that didn't seem like something Discord would make.

"That's what it seems, right? But if you do this..."

He closed the door and knocked five times with a specific pattern, when he opened it again, inside there was now a blue vortex.

"It's a portal that leads to my house," he explained. "As you know, it isn't very accessible, let's say, and with this, you'll be able to come and go whenever you want."

"Oh, Discord, you really didn't have to."

"I find it fair considering that I can appear here at will."

"I really appreciate it, but I don't have any present for you," Fluttershy said.

"Oh, that's all wright, having you use it to visit me is enough to me."

He closed the door when some curious squirrels came dangerously close to the vortex, then knocked again. "Although, I would appreciate it if you kept the portal closed when you're not using it, I wouldn't want any of your little friends to enter it by mistake," he then turned to Angel, who was staring at him unfriendly. " Specially him," he added.

The bunny stuck his tongue to him and then beckoned to Fluttershy.

"Oh! You're right, I have to go now if I don't want to be late."

They said goodbye, then Discord disappeared with a flash of light and she flew of.


Meanwhile, in Canterlot, Twilight, wearing a purple and fuchsia dress, was making sure there weren't any tasks left so she could go to Ponyville.

"Maybe we should check the list one last time, just to be sure," she said.

"We've already gone through it six times, it's all done," Spike assured her.

"What about the meeting with Manehattan's delegates?"

"That's tomorrow, we better go now or else we'll be late."

"It's just that I'm getting the strange feeling that I'm forgetting something..."

"That's probably just your imagination."

"I guess you're right."

They both headed outside the castle where there was a pegasus-drawn carriage waiting for them.

"I still don't understand the carriage thing, we both have wings!" Twilight said.

Spike just shrugged and they both got into the carriage to head to the location of the ceremony.

When they arrived, the rest of the guest were already there, all of the Pie family was there, even Marble, the youngest of the Pie sisters, she had gotten a special permission from her university to assist. The wedding was held outdoors under a rock arch carved by the Pies.

Pinkie and her other two sisters were the bridesmaids, they were wearing matching dresses in different colors; Limestone's was lime green and her hair was pulled back in a low bun, Marble's was lavender with a matching ribbon wrapped around her main, Pinkie's was sky blue and her mane was tied back in a bun and had a bow on it, also blue. Mudbriar was dressed in a grey tuxedo and Maud was wearing the dress Rarity had "made" for her and was holding a bouquet of almond flowering sticks.

Twilight occupied her position under the stone arch and Spike went to sit with the others, just then Fluttershy arrived and sat in the free chair next to him. Seeing everypony was there, Twilight began the ceremony.

"Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Mudbriar and Maud Pie," she started.

"Technically, it's more correct to say the bride's name first," Mudbriar pointed out.

"Oh, my bad, I'll... start over again. Ladies and gentlecolts, we are gathered here to celebrat-"

"Technically, it's said we are gathered here today," Mudbriar interrupted again.

Twilight growled slightly with annoyance, then began her speech again. "Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here TODAY to celebrate the union of Maud and Mud-"

"Also, technically the term 'mares and gentlecolts' wouldn't be accurate since Spike is a dragon," Mudbriar interrupted her for the third time.

Several interruptions on technicalities later, they finally reached the bows.

Maud was the first to speak in her usual deadpan voice tone. "Since the day I met you I've known you were the pony I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I remember it as if it had been yesterday, it was a sunny day although partially cloudy, I had gone for a walk with Bolder..."

Her speech was long and tediously detailed and Mudbriar's was no better, by the time they were done, all of the assistants were either asleep or wished they were, the only one listening enthusiastically was Pinkie, while Limestone, at her side, was grimacing with exasperation. After they both said 'I do', Mudbriar placed a chain around Maud's neck from which dangled a ring with a fragment of igneous rock in the centre.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

The moment they kissed, Pinkie shot confetti with her party cannon waking up everypony who had fallen asleep.

After the ceremony, there was a party at the square in front of the town hall, obviously organized by Pinkie Pie with Cheese Sandwich's help, to which the bride and groom didn't attend, they stayed on a nearby hill which had a perfect view of the celebration, just like they had done on Maud's birthday.

Pinkie and Cheese had taken over the dance floor, it really was better to give them space, their dance moves were pretty crazy although they were very synchronized, as if they shared the same mind, which, definitely was the impression they sometimes gave. Pinkie's other two sisters watched them as they spun through the dance floor.

"It's great that she found somepony who complements her so well," Marble said happy for her sister.

"I still can't believe Pinkie got a coltfriend before me," Limestone said.

Starlight had also attended the wedding along with Sunburst and the Great and Powerful Trixie, they both now lived with her in what used to be Twilight's castle, she was wearing a turquoise dress and Trixie was wearing a purple one with silver moons, while Sunburst was wearing the tunic he always wore. Twilight was standing next to the dance floor watching Pinkie and Cheese as did an extravagant dance, seeing her, Starlight went over to chat with her.

"Twilight!" she called her.

"Starlight!" the alicorn exclaimed when she saw her and they both hugged. "It's been a long time. How's everything going at the school?"

"Everything's going great, it's been a very quiet year and so far no student has tried to take over the school," they both laughed.

"I'm glad to hear that, I wish I could come more often to see how things are going, it is my school after all."

"Don't worry about that, I know you're busy with your princess duties and we are managing pretty well by our own," Starlight reassured her. "You put me in charge for a reason," she added with a wink.

While they were talking, Spike arrived and turned to Twilight saying, "Hey Twilight, do you have your wedding gift? We didn't leave it on the table."

"The gift... The gift! I knew I was forgetting about something!" she exclaimed calling Rainbow Dash and Applejack's attention.

"Is everythin' alright sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

"She has forgotten to bring a present," Spike explained.

"That's it? I thought it was something serious," Rainbow said playing it down.

"It is something serious! Who comes to a wedding without a present?" Twilight replied. "We have to give them something! And what do you mean by saying I am the one who forgot? You forgot about it too.

"Nope, mine is here," Spike said raising a gift-wrapped box.

"Then, I'm the only one without a present? Great!"

"It's no big deal, we can say it's from both of us."

"No way! I'm not taking credit for somepony else's gift, but what do I give them with such a short time?" she asked to herself bringing a hoof to her head.

"If it's so important to you..." Rainbow said just before taking off at full speed.

She returned after a few seconds had passed holding a stick she had found somewhere.

"Pinkie, do you have wrapping paper?" she asked to the pink pony who was still dancing.

"I always have wrapping paper," she answered without stopping dancing.

Cheese spun her around and tilted her back into Rainbow's direction, then, Pinkie pulled a roll of orange wrapping paper out of her mane, handed it to her, and they continued dancing.

Rainbow wrapped the stick with it and held it out to Twilight. "There, now you've got a present."

"Are you kidding me?" Twilight said starring at her in bewilderment.

"What? You preferred a stone?"

"What kind of present is this?"

"Come on! Mudbriar loves sticks, it's the perfect gift," Rainbow said, Twilight still looked at her skeptically, so she added, "Do you have a better idea?"

"Fine," Twilight finally said taking the stick with her magic.

After the party, Maud and Mudbriar left in a carriage pulled by to stallions for their honeymoon in Caninia, but not before Maud threw the bouquet which ended by chance on Derpy's hooves, who just happened to be passing by.


Fluttershy was on her way back home when she heard a bird call for help from a nearby mountain. She tried to get there as fast as she could, she was a few meters away when she saw a red bird whose wing had been trapped by a rock that must have had fallen in a landslide, and there was another rock about to fall. She tried to reach as soon as possible, but she wasn't fast enough and her dress was hampering her, she was halfway there when the rock hurtled toward the helpless little bird.

Luckily, it was surrounded by a purple magic aura before it landed, the pony which it came from was an orange unicorn with green eyes, his mane was black with a reddish black wick and his cutie mark was formed by three paw prints. Fluttershy stared at him in surprise, she was sure she had never seen him before, after leaving the fallen rock aside, he levitated the one trapping the bird.

"Are you okay, little friend?" he asked raising him with a hoof and, with the other, he examined the wing that had been trapped. "It doesn't look broken, can you fly?

The bird nodded and flew off happily. Fluttershy, who had witnessed the whole scene from where she stood, approached to talk with the mysterious stallion.

"That was impressive," she timidly said.

He seemed surprised at hearing her voice, it took him a few seconds to answer. "It was nothing, anypony would had done the same," he said rubbing his arm with his hoof, after that there was an awkward silence.

Fluttershy was the one to brake the ice, "I don't remember seeing you in Ponyville before, are you new in town?"

"Yes, I just moved here from Fillydelphia, my name is Tamer Whispering," he answered quietly.

"My name is Fluttershy."

When he heard that name, his expression completely changed.

"You're Fluttershy?" he asked, his eyes wide open. "The Fluttershy?"

"Uhm... yes," she answered a bit confused by his sudden change of attitude.

"It's so good to meet you," he said with excitement.

"You know who I am?"

"Of course I do! I've heard a lot about you and your friends, I've also read The Diary of Friendship and I've admired you since then, you're an inspiration to me," Fluttershy blushed, nopony had ever said something like that to her before, she never thought of herself worthy of admiration. "You really can understand animals?"

"Yes."

"How do you do it?"

"I really don't know, is something I've always been able to do."

"I wish I could understand them," Tamer said dreamily.

Fluttershy smiled, Tamer seemed very nice even though she usually didn't feel comfortable meeting other ponies. They continued chatting as they walked, they happened to have a lot in common apart from their love for animals, they stopped when they arrived to a house almost at the outskirts of Ponyville.

"This is where I live," Tamer said. "I hope to see you again soon."

"Me too."

After saying goodbye, Fluttershy continued down the road until she reached her cottage, when she arrived she saw it was sunset already, she was surprised on how quickly the afternoon had passed with her new friend. She had enjoyed talking with Tamer and was looking forward meeting him again, maybe next time she could introduce him to Twilight and the others, she was sure they would get along.

Author's Note:

Well, that was chapter two, it's been a lot of fun to write it, and we've had a Fluttercord moment! The following chapters will be more focused on them.

For the closet-portal I took inspiration from the one appearing in Sabrina the teenage witch (a series from the 90s), except for the way it's used, by the way, the 'specific pattern' is the knock Anna does in Elsa's door in Frozen, in case anyone was wondering. In the series it's not very clear how to get to Discord's dimension and I needed there to be an easy access for later, also it gave me the oportunity to put the anniversary thing. Yes, it's been 8 years, I haven't made it up, I've calculated it several times with the help of other anual celebrations such as the Grand Galoping Gala and Hearth's Warming, it wasn't easy as the cronology of this series isn't very clear.

Also, you may be wondering who's that Tamer Whispering dude. It's an OC I created for this story, I know his name isn't very good but that's the best I could come up with, so deal with it.

Finally this is the aproximate chronology I calculated, it will also be the chronology this fanfic will follow:

Hearts and Hooves day (February 14th), the Grand Galloping Gala (March-April, near Spring), the day Fluttershy and Discord became friends (late May), the Summer Sun Celebration/now known as the Festibal of the two sisters (June 21st, our summer solstice I've asumed), day they met (September - early Octover), Nightmare Night (Octover 31st), Hearth's Warming (December 25)

Ok, after aaall that's been said (sorry if it was too long), I hope you liked the chapter and see you in the next one.

Chapter image
Tamer Whispering