• Published 8th Feb 2022
  • 742 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Pony: love is magic - Star Hope



The friendship between Fluttershy and Discord has grown into something more, but neither of them had realised that until the arrival of a new pony to Ponyville changes everything

  • ...
2
 17
 742

3 A new pony in town

The next day, Fluttershy spent most of the morning at the animal sanctuary helping a mountain goat to recover from a bumpy fall. After that, she went to the tea shop to buy some tea for that afternoon.

When she was leaving the shop, she bumped into Pinkie Pie, who greeted her enthusiastically.

“Fluttershy! What a coincidence to see you here.”

“Pinkie, you came to shop too? I didn't know you liked tea.”

“I didn't come to buy anything, Cheese and I are visiting all stores in Ponyville looking for ideas for our Super Cool and Absolutely Great Ultimate Party Planning and Gags Shop or SCAGUPPGS,” said Pinkie, somehow managing to pronounce the acronym as if it was a real word and, seeing Fluttershy's bewilderment, she added, “Yeeeeah… we’re still thinking of a name.”

“And where is he?” Fluttershy asked.

“We've split up to cover double, he's over there, in the fan shop,” Pinkie said.

She waved at Cheese with her hoof, he had a giant fan blowing at his face, he waved back at her, then she turned back to Fluttershy. “And what are you doing here?”

“Discord will come this afternoon to my place for our weekly tea party and, seeing I had little left at home, I’ve come to buy a box.”

“Ooooh riiight, for your ‘tea party’,” Pinkie said with a knowing smile.

“That's what I said, why did you make quotation marks?”

“For noooo reeeason”

“And why are you talking like that?”

“Oh, you know… just oddities of mine. Anyway,” she changed back to her usual cheerful tone. “Do you want to come with me to the next store?”

“Sure.”

They both headed to the flower shop, which was the closest one.

Along the way, they stumbled upon Applejack's apple stand.

“Hi Applejack,” Pinkie said.

“Hi girls, what are you doin' here?”

“Oh, you see,” Pinkie Pie started narrating very fast, “Cheese and I were visiting all shops in Ponyville to get inspiration of our Superduper Store of Awesomely Great Party Planning and Gag Selling or SSAGPPGS (we're still thinking of a name) and when I went to the tea shop, I found Fluttershy who was buying tea, I asked her if she wanted to come with me to the next shop and she said yes, so we went to the flower shop and, on the way, we met you… now that I think about it, I didn't get to enter the tea shop,” she added pensively.

After Pinkie's monolog, Fluttershy heard a familiar voice behind her.

“I didn't expect for us to meet again so soon,” it was Tamer Whispering.

“Tamer!” Fluttershy happily exclaimed when she turned around. “You have to meet my friends,” she pointed at the two earth ponies. “These are Pinkie Pie and Applejack. Girls, this is Tamer Whispering, he's new in Ponyville.”

When she heard that, Pinkie gasped dramatically. “There's a new pony in town AND I DIDN'T NOW IT!? That means I haven't thrown him a ‘Welcome to Ponyville' party!” she said to herself, then, she turned to Applejack and Fluttershy. “Don't let him go, I can have it in ten minutes.”

After saying that, she ran towards her coltfriend. “Cheesie, we’ve got a partymergency!”

“What did just happen?” Tamer asked confused.


Once the party was ready, she announced it to everypony in Ponyville, in most cases in the most unexpected ways…

She surprised the ponies coming out of the flower shop by poping out from among the flower pots and shouting, “There's a new pony in town!”

Then, she disappeared back into the pots just to reappear from a fireplace several streets down. She came out of a cake in the Sugarcube Corner, out from the fountain of the School of Friendship, out of one of Rarity's drawers and fell from a tree at Sweet Apple Acres.

She announced it coming out of barrels, windows and a bell, she repeated the process until she had told everypony.

She even flew with the help of some balloons to the Wonderbolts’ headquarters to invite Rainbow Dash, who was flying at high speed through the training circuit when she saw her appear in front of her.

“There's a new pony in town!”

“Whaaaahh!” she shouted while falling backwards because of the sudden braking. “Pinkie? What are you doing here?”

“Somepony just moved to Ponyville and I had no idea, can you believe that?” Pinkie said.

Then she started to talk so fast that it was hard for Rainbow to understand everything. “And since he’s new in town, Cheesie and I decided to throw him a welcome party and I've already invited everypony, but I thought that if you're done with your training, you might like to come. So… can you come?”

“Cheesie?” asked Rainbow raising an eyebrow putting Pinkie off for a moment.

“You can come or not.”

“Sure. But before, I have to finish the round through the circuit you just interrupted.”

“Oky-doky, see you there then,” after saying this she descended until she disappeared through the cloud, Rainbow rolled her eyes with a smile and returned to her training.


Just like Pinkie said, the party was ready in less than ten minutes, and she even had time left to drag the confused honor guest in front of the town hall, where she and Cheese Sandwich started singing.

Welcome, welcome, welcome

A fine welcome to you

Welcome, welcome, welcome

We say: How do you do?

They both shacked both of his hooves from opposite sides crossing his arms in the process, then, Pinkie sang alone while Cheese played a giant drum.

Welcome, welcome, welcome

We say hip, hip, hurray!

They both sang together again.

Welcome, welcome, welcome

To Ponyville todaaaay

They finished the song by kneeling on their back hooves and raising the front ones into the air.

“Wow,” that was the only thing Tamer was able to say.

Then, Pinkie pulled a megaphone out of her mane. “Attention everypony! Let’s give a warm welcome to Tamer Whispering!” she announced.

“You've got to meet everypony,” she cheerfully added as she pulled him towards the crowd. “These are Daisy, Rose, Lily Valley, Cloud Kicker, Caramel, Blues, Lira and Bon Bon, Derpy, Lucky Clover, Carrot Top, Cherilee, DJ Pon-3, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, doctor Hooves, Octavia…”

“Is she always this intense?” Tamer asked to Fluttershy and Applejack as Pinkie Pie listed names unstop.

“That's Pinkie,” answered the cowgirl.

“You haven't seen anything yet,” Rainbow added flying towards them, she landed and held a hoof to the newcomer. “Rainbow Dash, sub-captain of the Wonderbolts, sure you've heard about me.”

Applejack smiled and rolled her eyes. After that, Rarity appeared and greeted him with elegance, Pinkie kept saying names at full speed.

“Do you think she'll take much longer?” Rainbow asked.

“I had no idea there were so many ponies in Ponyville,” Fluttershy said.

“…Mayor Mare, Big Macintosh…”

“What is she doing?” asked Trixie, who had just arrived with Starlight and Sunburst.

“She's introducing me to the ponies in town… more or less.”

“Oh. You must be the newcomer,” Trixie guessed. “In that case, let me introduce myself, I am the Great and Powerful Trrrrixie!” she raised a hoof to give emphasis.

“And these are Starlight and Sunburst,” she added pointing at them less enthusiastically.

“Nice to meet you, I'm Tamer Whispering.”

“…and these are Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, aaaand this is Cheese Sandwich,” Pinkie finished putting a hoof around Cheese.

The party continued with music, balloons and confetti, lots of confetti. After a while, Tamer slipped away from the crowd, Fluttershy went after him.

“Aren't you having fun?” she asked him.

“Oh. It's not that, the party is great and everypony is so nice, but it's a little bit overwhelming, I don't like to attract attention.”

“I understand, I don't like being in the spotlight either, I used to be much more shy, I was afraid of speaking with anypony who wasn't one of my animals, but my friends helped me to gain confidence. It was thanks to them that I had the courage to fulfill my dream of having an animal sanctuary”

“I'd love to visit it, if that's okay with you.”

“Why, of course.”

They both smiled. They remained silent for a while, though it didn't last much because soon Pinkie appeared behind them from out of nowhere.

“Here you are! Come on, it's time to play to pin the tale on the pony,” she announced as she dragged them back to the party.


That afternoon, at Fluttershy's cottage, she was catching up with Discord while they had their tea.

“Rainbow has been named sub-captain of the Wonderbolts,” she said excitedly.

“Good for her,” Discord said.

He really didn't care, he didn't get what everypony liked so much about those Wonderbolts. A bunch of pegasi doing somersaults in the air, big deal! But he didn’t want to say anything because he new Fluttershy liked them and she seemed proud of her friend, so he remained silent and took another sip of his tea.

“And Pinkie and Cheese Sandwich are going to open a party planning and gag shop.”

That seemed to get Discord’s attention.

“Finally an interesting shop! I wonder if they will want my help, I'm pretty good at interior design, you know?” he said standing up and materializing a color palette with different patterns, some plans of a building which had strange shaped furniture and inverted stairs, and a pencil appeared behind his ear.

Fluttershy giggled. “I'm sure they would appreciate your ideas.”

“Well, of course they would, I have very good taste.”

He sat back down on the sofa and all the interior design stuff disappeared.

“By the way, how did the wedding go? Was it as boring as I predicted?” he asked before materializing a crystal ball in the air and a turban typical of fortune tellers on his head.

“Well… I wouldn't say it was boring…”

“Then it's a yes,” he assumed.

He knew Fluttershy well enough to know that she was too kind to admit out loud how dull the ceremony really had been, because he was sure it had been dull.

He then snapped his fingers getting rid of the costume.

“Oh! And on the way back home, I met Tamer Whispering, he just moved from Filliedephia.”

Discord couldn't help but laugh at the name. In his opinion, most ponies had ridiculous names (except for Fluttershy, of course), but his one was in another level.

“He has a special talent with animals as well, he saved a bird from a landslide, it was a luck that he was there or I wouldn’t had been fast enough to save him.”

“Uh-huh,” he just said as he dipped in the tea the crust of a sandwich that Fluttershy had cut off specially for him.

“After that, we were talking and it turns out we've got a lot in common apart from our love for animals.”

“How nice for you,” Discord said taking a sip of tea, with that, the liquid turned green without him noticing.

“You should meet him, I’m sure you’d like him.”

Sure.

Discord was starting to get tired of that conversation, why wouldn't she stop talking about that guy? Come on! He couldn't be that great and, for some reason, there was something in the way Fluttershy talked about that pony that bugged him.

“And how's little Sparkle doing? Already overwhelmed by the responsibilities of ruling a kingdom?” he asked to change subject, which worked.

“Not at all, she's doing a great job, although she's always very busy.”

“That's a shame, I miss her panic attacks,” he made a projection screen appear with Twilight hyperventilating on it.

Fluttershy didn't find that funny, a glance from her was enough for him to make it disappear. “I was just kidding, I'm glad she's evolved and matured becoming a better pony and all that stuff.”

She shook her head smiling. Sure Discord could sometimes be exasperating, but she enjoyed spending time with him and, deep down, he was a real sweetheart.

Author's Note:

Well, that was chapter three.

You provably have guessed by now, there will be a love triangle. Fluttershy and Discord have been at an 'impasse' for a long time now: they are in love but don't realise/admit it. My solution to this (as weird as it may sound) adding another 'love interest' to the pot and that's the real reason I created Tamer Whispering. I now that concept has been used many times, but I'm going to make it a bit different (at least from anything I've seen). Romantic drama coming soon.

Finally, you will see how Pinkie calls Cheese 'Cheesie', I thought that would be a cute nick name she could call him, I don't know if it sounds a bit cheesy. Tell me if you like it.

Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter and see you in the next one.

Chapter image