• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 1,949 Views, 26 Comments

Professional's Standards - KAMAKAZE



A story about how The Sniper came to Equestria

  • ...
1
 26
 1,949

How I got there

'Ello mate. I'm a professional. A professional with standards, just like other professionals. Although I'm different. I'm a Professional Professional. Anyway, enough of that, onto the real stuff.
My name is Mundy, but call me The Sniper. I'm about to tell you all about a town, a country.... heck, it could even have been a planet!
All I know is I wasn't wearing Pyrovision Goggles, I wasn't insane,
and the population was made up of PONIES. TALKING PONIES. AND MYTHICAL CREATURES.
And by the way, I'm not lying. There was your old run-of-the-mill ponies, but then there was unicorns and pegasus everywhere, and I saw 2 unicorn pegasus things, too. And a weird tall thing with different body parts of different animals. What was it's name again? Eh, I'll probably remember later in this story.
Anyway, enough with the chit chat, onto what happened.

It was quiet.


Unusually quiet. Usually, the sound of war echoed through the building, but today, it did not.


I was on the top floor, and I was on the lookout for stupid BLU members. I knew they wouldn't show their ugly faces for a long time.


I had guessed they were planning something, something that might give them a better advantage in the war, and because my team was plotting something, I decided that this was going to be a long war.




But I was soon going to find out the truth.


Were they planning a sinister plot? One that would involve a dangerous device that could destroy us RED team members? One that could-

My thoughts were cut off by the sound of running, stomping and Minigun revving. I knew they were coming. I also knew my teammates were coming, too. I could hear the Scout running up some steps shouting stuff like

"I'll have captured their intel three times before they manage to hit me!"


And then he soon appeared running towards the gap in between the 2 walls, then he jumped, and before I saw where he was going he had captured the enemy's intelligence.


I decided I was going to have to attack from inside the enemy base to get a better chance of killing somebody. So I ran towards a Teleporter one of my fellow Engineers had built, and I hoped the end was in the BLU team's base, which it was. So I stepped into the Teleporter, not noticing the enemy Spy had just backstabbed the friendly Engineer, and as soon as I entered the Teleporter, the cheeky Spy sapped it. Oh, and did I mention that by this time an enemy Demoman had found the Teleporter exit, and put Stickybombs around it? No? Well he did. And before I knew it the Spy had sapped the Teleporter, and the Demoman had blew up the other end. That did stuff, like maybe it ripped a hole in the fabric of the space time continuum or whatever it is, and soon I saw something far off in the distance, in between a crack in the wall of the pitch black room I was standing in.


I slowly walked towards it, but soon found out I couldn't get through it. I started pushing against the crack, and I tried pulling it apart, but nothing worked. Except one thing.



Doing nothing.


You read that right. I soon found out that all I had to do was stand still, and the crack just got bigger and bigger, until...


I saw the light. The horrifying pastel-colored light. A land full of talking creatures, and some creatures that didn't talk. Though I didn't see much of the latter.


In the distance I saw a small town full of these creatures. And farther off into the distance I saw a mountain. I think I saw a castle, too. And, to my amazement, I saw a small cloud place far off into the distance. It looked solid, too. And I also saw creatures, and creatures, and did I forget to say I saw talking creatures?


Anyway, you know what I did?



I crawled through the crack, into the weird place. But as soon as I did climb into the cartoonish world of many colors, I felt a horrible stinging pain in my forehead, and as I stood there, grasping my head in pain, the sting grew to all of my body. I felt a weird tingling sensation, too. By this point I knew I had to get back to my world. I tried moving towards the crack, but I saw it had disappeared, and as I moved, the pain grew worse. Then I felt something weird, like some kind of a silky substance was climbing up my body, and before I knew it, I couldn't see anything but white. When I tried to move, I didn't, so I figured I had been paralyzed, and then I felt myself shrinking, growing smaller and smaller. I felt my hands changing shape, and I also felt my head changing shape too. I started trying to move, but I could only move my hand around in circles. and I didn't think that was going to be helpful. Then, as soon as I thought that being here was a bad idea, I started to see things, and as I started to see things, I started to move more, and as I started to move more, I started to see things. After some time trying to move completely, I could finally see everything clearly, and all of the pain had stopped. But as soon as all that stopped, I fell to the ground in a collapsed heap.



It was going to take a while before I woke up.


In that while, I dreamt about killing robots and Spies, and also Engineers and Medics, too. I also dreamt about throwing Jarate everywhere, and laughing in the faces of Spies who decided to be stupid enough to backstab me when I had the Razorback on. It seemed all too real, and yet all too fake. I mean, none of this happened in reality. Yes, I did kill lots of people in reality, but I was almost constantly being backstabbed by Spies, and I kept my Razorback in an Iron Crate that was locked up really tight. I also had the key to that crate locked up tighter in a bigger, tougher Iron Crate and I usually kept the key to that crate locked up in a secret basement, which is located in a place only I know about. And no, I'm not telling you what that place is.