• Published 23rd Jan 2022
  • 644 Views, 21 Comments

Pony Veracity - keithsterling



What could have Sunny Starscout's father have discovered if he didn't pass away. Could he have met the 1,000-year-old royal family from ancient Equestria? What could have he learned about ancient Equestria? Well, his daughter Sunny Starscout is about

  • ...
6
 21
 644

Chapter 3

(A week later back at the Crystal Tea Room)

Watching once again through the seeing pool in the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters was Princess Aurora Silverlight; the focus was once again on the table of Sunny Starscout and Izzy Moonbow, but this time they are joined by three other ponies. The first pony was a light amber-colored earth pony stallion named Hitch Trailblazer, the sheriff of Maretime bay. From significantly earlier reconnaissance done by a disguised Princess Blueberry Swirl Silverlight as an earth pony mare in Maretime bay, she learned that Hitch and Sunny, along with a third earth pony stallion named Sprout, was colt hood friends.

The following two ponies were both from Zephyr Heights and part of the Royal family of the Pegasus city. The first pony was a light pink colored Pegasus named Princess Pipp Petals; she well knew pop idol in Zephyr Heights. The second pony was a white Pegasus named Princess Zephyrina Storm but prefers to be called Zip. She has been designated the next Queen of Zephyr Heights after her mother, Queen Haven, a pale pink Pegasus leaves the throne. These two Pegasus mares are the daughters of Queen Haven, the current ruler of Zephyr Heights.

'So there still a hint of royalty left in Equestria after the fall of Equestria, and five Princesses were forgotten. This outcome could be no better for our ancient Royal bloodline to finally fade into Equestria history for good. Our royal family has ruled Equestria for six thousand years it time to allow next Generation to find the way through time.' Aurora thought as she reached up and removed the Sun crown from behind her horn as a tear splashed upon it in her hand.

Back in the crystal tea room, the front door opens; walking into the establishment was Blueberry Swirl Silverlight attired in khaki-colored short sleeves camp shirt and khaki-colored cargo shorts. Thick socks and hiking boots on her perfectly shaped and sized light blue ten-inch long bare feet. On her head behind her horn was a black beret with a stylized sun pin in the center of the cap.

“Greeting Sunny and Izzy, would you like to introduce these other ponies with you?” Blueberry inquiry friendly as the other three ponies reel with astonishment went the gorgeous unicorn mare sat down at the table with Sunny and Izzy.

"Of course, Miss Silverlight," Sunny said friendly as Zip's eyebrows shoot up in surprise with the name Sunny said.

"First off, the stallion on end is Hitch Trailblazer he from the same town as me Maretime Bay and colt hood friend of mine," Sunny said, gesturing her hand toward the second earth pony.

"Next to him, the first Pegasus is Pipp Petals, the Princess from Zephyr heights and the pop idol from the same place," Sunny said, gesturing her hand toward the first Pegasus mare.

"Next to her is her sister Zip Storm, the second princess from Zephyr Heights and next queen of Zephyr heights," Sunny said, gesturing her hand toward the second Pegasus mare. Who raises her hand to stop Sunny?

"Hold on, Sunny, did you say, Miss Silverlight?" Zip asked as Blueberry's facial muscles twitch nervously went. Zip asked Sunny if she said 'Silverlight.'

"I did zip; why?" Sunny asked

"Because went I was a filly, I discovered a hole big enough in one of the walls in the palace that was being repaired leading into another room. I squeezed through the gap and found myself in a room filled with dust-covered scroll and books." Zip explains as Blueberry clasp and unclasps her hand.

‘The Canterlot Archives survived,' Blueberry thought, nervous

“As it was too dark to get a good look around the room, I found an open book on the ground. The first name on the page was Silverlight. That all I could read in the dim light of the room." Zip explains as she taps her finger against the lower half of her snout.

"I wonder if it could have been some kind of Archives. Hey, zip, did you ever return to that room?" Sunny asked, tapping her finger on the lower half of her snout.

“I couldn’t find that room again, Sunny. Anywhere in the palace, so no, I have not returned to that room.” Zip explains as Blueberry texted her sister about the Archives.

Later that day why Blueberry helped Sunny and her friends gather equipment for the expedition to the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters, a half Alicorn/ unicorn mare slips undetected into Zephyr Heights, the Pegasus's city. Instead of heading toward the palace, the half Alicorn/Unicorn mare dives into the city sewers because she knows that their many secret passages can only be accessed by Royal Alicorns. She draws a magical rune with her finger on a nearby wall went it is complete; dust-covered passages are revealed.

Once Aurora enters the passage, it closes behind her, suddenly all the sconces on the walls of the path light with magic cold blue fire lighting up the course. She makes her way down the path, the heels on Aurora's golden wedge sandals click-clack on dust covers floor, leaving her shoe prints in a thin layer of dirt, slowly darkening her light blue bare feet. As she continues down the passage, many other paths leading to another part of the palace have collapsed in on itself went that piece fell away from the palace during the loss of magic in Equestria.

What seems like an hour walk down the secret passage, Aurora finally arrives at the path leading to Canterlot Archives; she knows the way is sealed by her own mother's magic. She reaches into her dress pocket and pulls out a gold ring with her mother’s sun symbol on it, and touches the wall with it.

"Welcome, Princess Celestia." The voice of Celestia's faithful aid Raven Inkwell greets as her spirit appears before Aurora.

"Oh, excuse me, your highness. Welcome, Princess Aurora Silverlight. How can this faithful aid for her highness Celestia help the Princess's eldest daughter?" Raven Inkwell asked as the spirit of the white unicorn mare smiled.

"The Canterlot Archives was breached by a Pegasus filly," Aurora said as Raven gasped.

"Yes, the Canterlot Archives was breached by a Pegasus filly. She got in through a gap in the wall went it phased into recharge before being phased out again. Nothing was taken from the Archives, your highness." Raven reports as Aurora sighed slowly.

"But still, Miss Inkwell begin to transfer all the most dangerous books and scrolls to the Castle of the Royal pony sisters," Aurora commands as Raven shakes her head.

“Yes, your highness. As the designated Princess of the sun, I will obey your royal command." Raven said to obey the order of the Princess of the Sun.

"Went that done, Miss Inkwell, your real body, is waiting at the Castle of the royal pony sisters. If you want it. I hear by release Miss Raven Inkwell the aid to the real Princess of the sun from her duty. You may find your own path." Aurora said as tears ran down Miss Inkwell's cheeks, and Aurora retrieved the book with her sibling's royal birth records.

As the sun begins to set, Blueberry, Sunny and her friends look down from on top of a small hill onto a massive empty area covered with a slight hint of some kind of an ancient settlement. From their vantage point in the distance glittering in sunset deep in the forest was a vast crystalline tree with what looks like ruins of a once-grand castle of some bygone age. The ruins of some kind of school were directly adjacent to the crystalline tree with Princess Twilight sparkle mark on it.

"Huh?" Blueberry exclaimed as she heard crying come from Sunny and her friends as they looked upon the ruins of this ancient settlement.

‘No is this, what is left of Ponyville? Damn it!’ The spirit of Princess Twilight Sparkle thought emotional in the back of Sunny Starscout's mind as she looked upon the ruins of the friendship kingdom, her kingdom.

'Then if this Ponyville, the apple orchard we just walked through is my home, Sweet Apple Acres. Granny! Big Mac! Apple Bloom! My family! All dead!’ In a southern American accent, Hitch Trailblazer thought as tears streak his cheeks went; he turned around to look at the overgrown orchard behind him.

'Everything I built is gone! I put so much of my life into building the carousel boutique! But now it is all gone! Just like a fad!' The spirit of Rarity thought, looking across the river toward where her Carousel Boutique would have stood now, taking over by the Everfree forest.

"(Placing a hand on Izzy's shoulder) I know you are in their Miss Rarity you and the other Element holders in these ponies. We collected all your designs to keep them safe.” Blueberry comments as Izzy look up at Blueberry with the eyes of Rarity and not Izzy.

"Thank you, your highness." Rarity spoke through Izzy's lips.

"Think nothing of it, Miss Rarity, but you should give back this unicorn body," Blueberry said as Izzy shook her head.

Meanwhile, at the large campsite within the ruins of this ancient settlement walking out of one of the larger canvas tents, was a majestic and handsome looking dark blue unicorn stallion with short textured cut crimson red mane and tail. His 6ft 5in athletic equine figure was attired in a khaki-colored camp shirt and cargo pants. Brown hiking boots were on his twelve-inch long, socked dark blue bare feet.

On his head between his ears and behind his horn was a black beret with a stylized sun pin in the center of the cap. This unicorn stallion is head Archaeologist Justice Silverlight and the father to Aurora, Somnus and Blueberry Swirl Silverlight. As well as a unicorn research scientist looking into the true ancient Equestria history.

"Father!" Blueberry called as she walked onto the campsite, followed by Sunny and her friends.

“Your father!!” Sunny and her friends exclaimed simultaneously upon seeing the tall, handsome and majestic-looking unicorn stallion. Like the stallion in Bridlewood forest at Crystal tea room, the tall unicorn stallion enamoured the four mares.

‘Tee-hee it just like you Justice went you first meet you. Every pony knows one reason why the Princess felt in love with you.’ The spirit of Rarity thought in the back of Izzy Moonbow's mind as she experienced the same feeling she got went she first met Justice long ago.

"Welcome back, daughter. Are these pony you got to help at the dig?” Justice asked, kissing Blueberry on her cheek.

"Yes, father, this Sunny Starscout her father was another pony doing research on the true ancient Equestria history. This other earth pony is her friend Hitch Trailblazer from Maretime bay. These two pegasuses are Princess Pipp Petals and Princess Zip Storm, both from Zephyr heights and part of the royal family. This unicorn is Izzy Moonbow from Bridlewood forest.” Blueberry introduces Sunny and her friends to her father before taking her father aside.

"Father, I believe these five ponies have the spirits of six element holders in them. Went I talked to Izzy and Sunny in Bridlewood forest they knew my name before I said it." Blueberry explains as her father rub his chin with his hand.

“I see Blueberry, ok after every pony turns in for the night. I'll meet secretly with your sister. Aurora might know already because she has the same magic level as your mother." Justice explains as Blueberry shakes her head.

Later that night, Blueberry prepared a hearty meal for the campsite workers in the mess tent. Sunny Starscout sits by the campfire in the center of the campsite talking to Blueberry's father, Justice and showing him her father's Journal.

"I must say, Miss Starscout, your father was better than good after the three crystals shattered and all the tribes mistrusted each other. He was able to gather this much information about ancient Equestria history. Do you remember how he did it?" Justice inquiry as he flipped through Sunny father's Journal intrigued.

“All I remember from being a filly was leaving Maretime bay in the early morning and returning late at night during vacation from school. My father and I would poke around old ruins around Equestria. My father would call it an educational trip. We would spend most of the day poking around those ruins. That was the first time I found out about Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends. In one of those ruins, we discover an old beat-up book with a gold horse head on the cover.” Sunny explains as Justice gasps because he knows what the book is.

‘The magic storybook!’ Justice thought, remembering his wife telling him about the book.

(Three hundred years prior)

In the Canterlot royal palace library, a large white with a hint of pink well-manicured hand with a gold wedding ring on the fourth finger of the left hand rests on top of a large white book with a stylized gold horse head on the cover.

“This, the magic storybook, my love. This book has been around since the founding of Equestria. It radiates a strange magic essence. Went my sister and I were crowned the new rulers of Equestria, our teacher showed us this book. One of those chapters spoke of two fillies that would appear different from any other pony breed. It would be those fillies that would keep the peace between the three pony tribes. Because they had the power of the earth pony tribe, Pegasus tribe and Unicorn tribe. Those ponies would be called Alicorns." A motherly-like mare voice explains as the second male dark blue hand rest on top of the white with a hint of pink female hand on the book.

“Was there a chapter speaking of one of those Alicorn marrying a unicorn stallion likes me?” A stallion voice asked jokingly as the mare shadow kissed the other shadow in front of it before returning to its position.

"If there was, I wouldn't look at it! I don't want to find out that I fell in love with you was foretold beforehand, and you really didn't love me like you do." The mare voice breaks as a shadow of a second-hand reaches up behind the mare's head and rubs the mare mane.

"Now cheer up, my love; I was just joking. Besides, the first day off with no paperwork for you to do. Went you are upset like this is harder to get you to laugh and enjoy the day." The stallion's voice said sympathetically as the stallion kissed the mare again on her lips.

"Thank you, my dearest, so to get us to begin to enjoy this day. If anything should happen to Equestria, please, my dearest, find this book and keep it. This book can tell the future, that something no pony should know." The mare said as the sound of footsteps began to get quieter and quieter.

(Back to the present)

"Miss Starscout, do you still have that book you found in the ruins?" Justice asked Sunny as he handed back her father's Journal to her.

"No, Mr. Silverlight, the book disappeared soon after we returned from a two-week educational trip some years ago." Sunny explains, taking hold of the Journal.

"Went you had it? Did you look through it?" Justice asked

"I did, but all the pages from then on were all blank," Sunny said as she yawned before heading to her tent to sleep.