• Published 23rd Jan 2022
  • 642 Views, 21 Comments

Pony Veracity - keithsterling



What could have Sunny Starscout's father have discovered if he didn't pass away. Could he have met the 1,000-year-old royal family from ancient Equestria? What could have he learned about ancient Equestria? Well, his daughter Sunny Starscout is about

  • ...
6
 21
 642

Chapter 4

'The Everfree forest the most mysterious location in all of Equestria for generations. Now nothing but a normal-looking forest with normal-looking woodland creatures. Went magic disappeared from Equestria after the shattering of the three crystals. The Everfree forest suffered the most without magic to feed off; it started to lose itself.' Aurora thought as she walked down a well-worn footpath weaved through the forest toward the ruins of Ponyville on the edge of the woods.

'In this mysterious location, you could find cockatrice, manticores, Timberwolves, Ursa Major and Minor, all magical creatures living in this forest for generations. Now all gone.' Aurora thought as she walked past a huge cave that was once the home to Ursa Major and Minor. As well as the skeletal remains of Manny roar the manticore and numerous small cockatrices.

'I was also told that mysterious zebra mare once lived in this forest, and her magic was very different from any unicorn magic.' Aurora thought, pausing in front of a tree with what looks like a hut structure in it long since abandoned and taken over by the tree.

'I was also told a story about a mirror pool hidden in the Everfree Forest. If that so that hazardous object.' Aurora thought passes by a vast area with many brambles and a huge boulder in its center on her way to the river that divides the Everfree Forest in half in the center.

'This river was once the home to a male sea serpent named Steven Magnet. He had a fabulous mustache, from what Miss Rarity told me. Unfortunately, he was the first to disappear went magic was lost in Equestria.' Aurora thought stopping on the edge of the riverbank, reaches down to unbuckle her sandals and remove them.

Before proceeding across the river, hopping across the rocks sticking out of the river to the other side, once safely on the opposite bank of the river, Aurora elected to carry her sandals continuing down the path in her bare feet. The rest of the way down the path to the edge of the forest is safe for a barefooted mare to walk without cutting up her feet.

That little patch of wilted strange-looking flower off the side of the path is, called poison Joke flowers. Those flowers quickly wilted went magic disappeared from Equestria. It was too late to save those flowers from dying by the time magic returned. Which is a blessing as those flowers are very dangerous flora in Equestria?’ Aurora thought, as she left her perfect bare footprints in the soft dirt on the path. A moment later, she looked up and spotted the stallion waiting at the edge of the forest for her and stepped up her paces to reach him.

“Father!” Aurora exclaimed as she run-up to the stallion and hugged him with her arms and wings.

"Greeting daughter, I see you made it," Justice said friendly, returning his daughter hug.

"Of course, father, there not much left of this Everfree Forest after magic was lost in Equestria. Any dangerous species have died out, making this forest a normal forest area in Equestria." Aurora explains floating her removed sandals in the air with her Alicorn magic.

"But anyway, father, why did you want to talk to me?" Aurora asked

"Your little sister, Blueberry, just inform me that the five ponies she brought with her might have the spirits of one of element holder in them. Has your magic picked up on that?" Justice inquiry as Aurora smiles at him.

"It has father, but the presence of the element holders has not affected the sarcophagus at the Castle of the royal pony sisters. So I am a little bit perplexed about the whole thing. Maybe the Element holders must be in the same place as the sarcophagus for it to work." Aurora mentioned as she tapped her finger against the lower half of her snout in contemplating manner.

Meanwhile, in a separate small square room at the Castle of the Royal pony sisters, a third rectangular frosted crystal sarcophagus nestled between two giant crystals formations begins to glow with intense light. A moment later, a low hissing sound as the lid of the third rectangular frosted crystal sarcophagus opens, releasing billows of puffy white clouds from inside the sarcophagus.

Through the clouds reaching out was a slender light pink well-manicured five-fingered hand with sparkling royal blue nail polish. It is followed by a groaning sound from the figure inside the sarcophagus before the soft pip-plops of bare feet on the floor are heard. As the clouds began to clear, standing in front of the sarcophagus was a beautiful light pink Alicorn mare with moderate violet, moderate rose, and pale gold streaked mane and tail. Her curvy 5ft 9in equine figure was attired in some kind of strange bodysuit that ended just above her knees.

Her light pink lower elegant legs were bare as she walked upon ten-inch, long attractive light pink slim bare feet with royal blue toenail polish. And folded on her back were her medium-sized light pink feathery bird wings. The Alicorn stomach growls upon seeing the fresh food sitting on the small table in front of her.

She walks with an awkward gait as her legs and brain have yet to make a connection, but before long, she walks the rest of the way toward the food very gracefully. She sits down at the table and begins shovelling the food into her mouth as if she had not eaten for many centuries. With a very unladylike belch, Alicorn finishes her meal.

Burr it cold," The Alicorn exclaims as a chill runs up her elegant legs for the cold stone floor of this room as the soles of her feet have warmed up since emerging from her sarcophagus.

“Hmm, let's see if this works." The Alicorn said, snapping her fingers, transforming her strange bodysuit into navy blue short-sleeved midi length fit and flare dress and gold blocked heeled gladiator sandals appears on her feet.

(At the edge of the Everfree forest)

"Huh! Did you feel that, father? The use of Alicorn magic?" Aurora asked as she felt the magic being used.

"I did! Daughter! Let me try to find out whom?" Justice said, closing his eyes to pinpoint the user of Alicorn magic.

‘That magic belongs to Cadence!’ the spirit of Princess Twilight Sparkle thought in the back of Sunny Starscout's mind as Sunny slept in her tent at the dig site.

Meanwhile, on the other side of what used to be called the Crystal Mountains, the land is locked in eternal snowstorms; at the center of the snowstorm sits the ruins of a once-great city made entirely of Crystals. At the center of that great city sits the remains of a great crystalline palace, the home to rulers of that empire.

Hidden deep in the bowels of that crystalline palace is a fourth rectangular frosted crystal sarcophagus nestled between two massive crystals formations. After centuries of inactivity, the control board's pink crystal heart begins blinking again, awaiting the right kind of magic to open it, freeing the figure inside it.

(Back to edge of the Everfree forest)

"It can't be; it comes from the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters! (A tear runs down his cheek) That magic is from Cadence." Justice exclaimed as Aurora spread her light blue feathered bird wings and took to the sky.

She arrives a moment later at the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters; after landing, she runs into the Castle, her perfectly shaped light blue twelve-inch long bare feet with yellow toenail polish pip-plop rapidly down a stone staircase to the sizeable octagon-shaped room on the second basement floor of the castle ruins.

Upon arriving in the sizeable octagon-shaped room, the golden sandals Aurora was holding in her hand slowly dropped to the floor of the chamber went she looked upon the beautiful light pink Alicorn mare with moderate violet, moderate rose and pale gold streaked mane and tail standing between her mother and aunt sarcophagus with her hand resting on Aurora’s mother lid.

"It seems your father miscalculated the order of the awakening. As both my Aunts are still in hibernation. And I am awake." The Alicorn said, slightly disappointed as she sighs slowly folding her light pink feathered bird wings onto her back.

"But still, your father was right; it looks like I inherited immortality being an Alicorn for so long. Because sleeping in that regeneration sarcophagus restored my mystic energy and my life forces.” The Alicorn said, amazed as she felt stronger since awakening from her hibernation.

"Cadence!" Aurora exclaims as she runs up to her cousin and embraces her tightly, pleased to have at least one of the Alicorn Princesses awake from hibernation.

“(Chuckles to herself, noticing the sun crown on Aurora's head), so with your mother still in hibernation, I guess you are the designated Princess of the Sun, Princess Aurora Silverlight. So the Princess of Love and ruler of crystal empire, Princess Cadence Sparkle. Are at your command, your highness." Cadence said formally as she does a royal curtsy to Aurora as the overall ruler of Equestria.

"(A smile on Aurora's face) I thank you, Your Highness. Princess Cadence Sparkle, I think my father and little sister could use your help. So let me catch you up on the plan and the new timeline." Aurora explained the whole plan to her cousin Cadence as she took in the explanation.

Like the sunrise in the sky, Sunny Starscout exited her tent at the dig site last night; she had a strange dream of a massive heart with a great crystalline city hidden by a never-ending snow storm some were in the north. She hoped to talk to Blueberry's father, Justice; maybe he could help her figure out what that dream meant.

As she walks into the mess tent, she spots the beautiful light pink pegasi mare with moderate violet, moderate rose and pale gold streaked mane and tail sitting at the table drinking some coffee. Her curvy 5ft 9in equine figure was attired in a khaki-coloured camp shirt and khaki-coloured cargo shorts.

Her light pink elegant legs were bare, and on her ten-inch, long attractive light pink slim bare feet were thick socks and hiking boots. Folded on her back were her medium-sized light pink feathery bird wings. On her head between her ears was a black beret with a stylized sun pin in the center of the cap.

"Excuse me, mare, who are you?" Sunny inquires as she walks up to the light pink pegasi mare.

“Good morning Miss Starscout. Who am I? My name is Cadence Borealis. I am the niece of Justice Silverlight and Archivist for all my uncle's digs. Please to meet you." Cadence said friendly as Sunny noticed the satchel hanging off her shoulder with all kinds of Journals and writing implements.

"Went did you arrive, Miss Borealis? I don't remember seeing you?" Sunny asked as she sat down on the opposite side of the table in front of Cadence.

"I was in the forest just north of the campsite recording a few pieces of large artifacts that my uncle found a few days ago. I returned to the campsite late last night and turned in for the night went I arrived." Cadence explained very convincingly to alleviate Sunny's suspicion about this light pink pegasi mare.

‘I see Cadence elected to enter the regeneration sarcophagus.’ The spirit of Princess Twilight sparkles thought in the back of Sunny Starscout's mind.

(Several months before Queen Twilight Sparkle three crystals shattered)

“Are you sure Twilight, you want to die?” Justice inquiry to the adult Queen Twilight sparkle in the empty throne room of Canterlot Grand Royal Palace.

"I do Justice without my friends; why live forever. Unlike the Princess, I can't watch ponies I love pass away for thousands of years?” Twilight comments as she knows that Justice is immortal like the Princesses and Imperial Alicorn.

"With no new Alicorn to take over rulership of Equestria, there could be unknown consequences to you dying, your Majesty," Justice explains as Queen Twilight sighs softly as her wings open and closes on her back.

"I know your imperial highness, but my student Luster Dawn Star shine refused to take the mantel of rulership of Equestria, and I am not going to change my mind from dying.” Queen Twilight said unyielding as Justice’s unfurled his biomechanical metal feather bird wings from his back.

“You know I respect your decisions, your Majesty. But right now, that is the most selfish decision you have made, Queen Twilight Sparkle! I have already told you the Imperial Alicorns will not interfere with this planet's time progression. The only reason the other Princesses elected to enter the regeneration sarcophagus is to see the future of Equestria." Justice said hotly as he folded his biomechanical metal feathered bird wings onto his back.

(Back to the present)

‘After that meeting with Imperial Prince Justice Silverlight, I died many weeks later.’ Queen Twilight Sparkle thought in the back of Sunny Starscout's mind.

'And what the Imperial Prince thought happen my three crystals shattered, and harmony was lost in Equestria. All because of my selfishness of not wanting to be alone without my friends.’ Queen Twilight Sparkle thought in the back of Sunny Starscout's mind as tears ran down her cheeks at the same time running down Sunny cheeks.

"Huh? What is wrong, Miss Starscout?" Cadence asked, seeing the tears run down Sunny cheeks as Sunny wipes the tears off her cheeks with the back of her hand.

“I don't know, Miss Borealis. I suddenly got sad. This has happened back in Bridlewood forest to me. I have no idea why this happing to me?" Sunny said, somewhat fearful as Sunny friends began walking into the mess tent for breakfast and met the newest family member from the Silverlight family dig team.