• Published 22nd Jan 2022
  • 1,470 Views, 16 Comments

Dashie and the Juniorbolts - Foal Star



Rainbow Dash and some of the other recruits from the Wonderbolt Academy were regressed into toddlers. Now they have to relearn how to fly to escape the Daycare and find Twilight.

  • ...
21
 16
 1,470

Chapter One: Welcome to the Juniorbolts Academy

Rainbow Dash woke up from what had to be a deep and peaceful sleep as she looked around and was surprised to find herself…moving? She blinked as she adjusted herself to a moving seat beneath her. Where was she? What was going on? The two questions came through her mind rather suddenly as the mare looked down, looking at what had to be a weird padded seat around her body. But what made her even more surprised was noticing how stubby and plump her body was!

The filly was now getting somewhat scared as she started to squirm about. But she eventually realized she was constrained by the straps around her body! Then she heard a squishy, crinkling noise and looked down only to see a fluffy white diaper slightly stained yellow! "What is going on here?!" Rainbow cried out, unable to contain the surprise on her face. "Oh, nothing, really. Just ensuring you a spot on the Wonderbolts."

Rainbow looked up to see a lime green coated pegasus mare with a spikey, flaming mane pushing her through the streets of Cloudsdale. Whoever these mysterious pegasi were, she was going to get it! "Who awe ya?!"

"Oh, me? Well, little Dashie, technically, I'm your mom. But my name is Lightning Dust." The mare snickered as she continued to push the little foal down the street.

"Little Dashie!?" Rainbow Dash cried out! "That is not my name!"

"Oh right, I changed it to Rainbow Splash." The mare snickered, but this just angered the little filly even more.

"Seriously!? My name is Rainbow Dash! Not Rainbow Splash!"

The lime-coated mare rolled her eyes as she stopped the stroller and came around, facing the filly with her bright orange eyes staring right at her as she explained. "I know this looks bad but listen, Starlight Glimmer turned you into a foal, not me. Ok?"

"Yeah and?" Rainbow asked while eyeing the mare.

"Well, she wanted me to adopt you and keep you as a foal for at least a year. But all I care about is impressing the Wonderbolts, and I can't have you outdoing me," Lightning explained. "I mean, you're basically guaranteed to be one anyways…." Lightning Dust peered down as if convincing herself this was the best option for her before she continued, "So here's the deal: I will have you placed in the Jr. Bolts Academy for a few days. Once I've secured a place on the Wonderbolts reserve team, I'll come to pick you up. Ok?"

Rainbow Dash threw her hooves over her chest and snapped. "Ya not even giving me a choice?! And what do ya mean by having ta Wonderbolts to yaself?! Dun tell me Starlight regressed the other recruits!"

Lightning Dust's cheeks flushed red as she stammered. "Well…yeah…I mean, who cares. I heard Twilight has a way of turning you back to normal, so it'll only be for a few days."

Rainbow Dash threw her pudgy hooves over her face as she let out a scowl. "Ya serious?! Ya turned many ponies and me into foals just so you can be in ta Wonderbolts! Are ya crazy!"

Lightning Dust threw a hoof as she scoffed. "Oh, whatever, Rainbow Dash. If I wanted to, I could've helped Starlight foalnapped you. But I convinced her I was a part of her stupid scheme. The only harm done is that you're stuck in diapers for a few days, no biggie."

As much as Rainbow Dash could see this mare wasn't really evil, Lightning was still clearly misguided (and probably a bit delusional) to think this was ok. So the foal eyed the mare and asked. "Ya really see nothing wrong here? What's stoppin' me from telling ta Wonderbolts about tis? Ya think they'll keep ya on ta team when they find out what ya did?! They'll kick ya out like they did before!"

But Lightning smirked as she held up a photo of Rainbow sleeping as a foal. One had her wearing a onesie with the Wonderbolt symbol stitched into the middle of the fabric, with diaper material poking from the leg holes with a pacifier resting in her mouth.

Lightning Dust had a cunning look on her face. She then flipped through the pictures, showing Rainbow a few, including one in just a yellowed diaper and one where she was wearing a bright rainbow-colored dress! "Well, if you don't want these reaching Spitfire's desk, I would say you'd better keep your mouth shut. I've got way worse than these for baby pictures."

Rainbow Dash growled under her breath; despite wanting to just fly up and kick Lightning Dust in her smug face, the foal knew she was in quite a pickle. Even if she told the Wonderbolts of Lightning Dust's treachery, any chances of her being a Wonderbolt would be ruined! So Rainbow laid back in the stroller and growled. "Fine, ya win… for now."

"Good, now just be a good little filly, and nopony will have to see your adorable baby pictures, ok?" Lightning Dust replied with a smirk, thinking that her plan had worked. But Rainbow Dash wasn't just going to let her win. The second she was in this "JrBolts Academy," she would escape than go find Twilight. Once she'd been turned into an adult, she'd help Twilight hatch a plan to get those photos and expose Lightning Dust.

But until then, she had to play Lightning Dust's game, so Rainbow sat back in her stroller. She then had a pacifier plopped into her mouth as she continued to suckle angrily.


Soon the two pegasi had reached their destination. The place in question looked like an oversized nursery with a large grassy yard. Beyond that was a bright yellow and blue striped building with "JrBolts Academy" plastered on a sign overhead.

Rainbow Dash recalled that she'd once heard that this daycare was supposedly run by former retired Wonderbolts who'd gotten married and settled down. Sadly, Rainbow also recalled that she'd already been too old to attend when it opened. But from other younger pegasi, she heard the place was rather nice. And even older foals could come by as they had a cool "cloud room" where the foals could fly and bounce around without worrying about crashing or hurting themselves.

It was actually a lot less embarrassing than what Rainbow Dash had imagined as the two went inside. The entire inside of the building was made up of clouds that covered every inch of the walls. The lobby looked rather lovely, with a beautiful yellow and blue carpet leading to the front counter, where a middle-aged couple was waiting. The elderly-looking pegasus mare peered down through the slant of her dark blue glasses and exclaimed. "Oh, hello! You must be Lightning Dust!"

"Yes, I am!" Lightning nodded in reply.

The gray-coated pegasus then trotted over and bent down to Rainbow Dash's stroller as she chirped. "Oh, this must be Rainbow Splash!"

The filly was starting to get really frustrated as she shouted. "It's Rainbow Dash!"

"Awww, what a cutie!" She loves Rainbow Dash; as you can see, she looks a lot like her," Lightning Dust snickered as she signed her charge in. "Name: Rainbow Splash, Age: Two, Gender: Female, Flying ability: Basics only, and Toilet Training:…Diaper Dependent."

"Really? Have you started potty training?" The mare curiously inquired.

"Oh, we have, but she's still not ready to go without supervision," Lightning explained. "I feel that keeping her in diapers would be the best option."

"I see," The gray-coated mare nodded in reply. "Well, I wouldn't mind at least starting; I've trained dozens of foals to use the potty too. In fact, my cutie mark reflects my teaching talents and instruction on technical skills." And indeed, her cutie mark depicted a small chalkboard and a pointer.

"Well, if it isn't too much to ask, I wouldn't mind letting you teach her," Lightning considered. "Also, keep in mind she is quite clumsy. She barely has the basics of flying down and will crash a lot. Make sure she doesn't hurt herself."

As Lightning Dust lied about Rainbow Dash's inability to fly and use the potty, Rainbow started to throw a tantrum, shouting, "No! I can go potty by myself and fl-"

But Lightning Dust quickly had a bottle of formula shoved into Rainbow's mouth. "Oh, I apologize. It is quite early for the little filly."

Rainbow Dash glared at Lightning Dust, wanting to knock her all the way down to Ponyville and put her on trial! But her foalish instincts began to kick in as she suckled the bottle's contents down without a second thought. After draining the bottle, she was suddenly lifted by the middle-aged pegasus mare where Rainbow Dash got to look her over.

The mare had a bleak gray coat with a white mane tied in a bun and faded brown eyes hidden behind those old-fashioned dark blue glasses. "Oh my, just look at her go! She's pretty spry for her age!"

"Oh yes, she is a Wonderbolt in the making. She's prime recruit material when she comes of age." Lightning Dust snickered, watching as the caretaker took Rainbow Dash, placed her on the counter, then started a diaper change.

"Oh yes," The pegasus mare agreed. "I can tell this one will be a Wonderbolt for sure. Once she's potty trained anyway. Obviously, she's got a long way to go on that."

Rainbow Dash tried to escape, somewhat embarrassed at being changed in front of the other mares! She started kicking about and flapping her wings, but the older mare was much stronger than she looked, keeping Rainbow down with a hoof as she went about the change.

Despite Rainbow's squirming, she was rather surprised to be pampered up in almost no time at all. She sat down on the counter in a new, poofy diaper with the Wonderbolts symbol printed all over her padding to serve as witness indicators.

"See, you're wearing the official diaper of the Wonderbolts," The old mare cooed. "But with a little training, I bet you'll be going potty like a pro in no time!"

"Whatever, I know how ta use ta potty," Rainbow grumbled as she sat up on the counter and peered down at her pudgy (and thick) white diaper. It was almost unreal how she was indeed a baby again, seeing how big the room was to her eyes. She then looked up and saw the two mares were just looking at them with those annoying, motherly smiles that made her pout and snap. "Not cute."

The older mare nuzzled Rainbow as she cooed. "Oh, I think you're too cute. Now, my name is Storm Cloud, but you can call me Stormy while you're here. Here at Jr.Bolts Academy, there are some basic rules to follow: We will go over the basics of flying. But at the same time, we have a strict schedule that you'll adhere to. Over the next few days, you'll have a lovely breakfast every morning, playtime, flying practice, nap time, and potty time is limited to certain periods."

Rainbow Dash couldn't believe what she was hearing and shouted! "Tis isn't an academy; it's a daycare!"

Both Lightning Dust and Stormy burst into laughter as the caretaker cooed. "Of course it is. You're way too young for the more intensive courses. Now come on, let's get to meet your fellow classmates while the big ponies finish up the paperwork."

Rainbow, however, had other ideas as she jumped off from the counter and tried to fly! But her tiny wings barely got her off the counter before landing on the floor. Luckily, the ground was made of clouds as she bounced up slightly. And then she ran across the lobby and headed straight to the front doors!

The trip was unlike anything the speedster had felt before, with her trot being a very awkward waddle. The diaper had spread her legs out quite a bit (the floor being made of literal clouds didn't help as it made her gait even more clumsy). But despite all of these hindrances, all of this humiliation made her more furious and determined to escape and get back at Lightning Dust no matter what!

So Rainbow continued her dash to freedom. But just as she made it to the entrance, Stormy flew over, picked the foal up with her hooves, gave the diaper a few gentle pats, and said. "Now that was quite an adorable little run, but there's no reason to be shy. You're perfectly safe here, and everypony is just like you."

"I'm not shy! I just dun wana go to ya stupid dawcawe!" Rainbow Dash cried out, kicking about in her crinkling, padding, and making a fuss again.

But Stormy simply placed a pacifier into her mouth and plopped her down on the other side of the counter. "You go on and make some new friends."


The elderly mare then left Rainbow Dash as the tomboyish filly got to look around the room. It was much like any typical play area for foals: Foam blocks scattered about, flashy stuffed toys, etcetera.

There were tons of foals playing already, some being "older" than her since they were actually practicing flying independently. But then she spotted three other foals nearby that were rather familiar-looking. A grey-coated toddler pegasus colt seemed to be around three or four with a silvery mane and tail. A light purple-coated pegasus filly around the same age and a pudgy white-coated colt with only a strand of blonde hair on his head.

The pudgy colt, in particular, was trying to hoist it up almost effortlessly, which was rather impressive seeing how young he was.

Rainbow Dash blinked upon seeing the other three foals (and how they were acting quite different from the other foals. Then it dawned on her: The gray colt was Thunderlane, the purple coated filly was Cloud Chaser, and the chubby white-coated foal was Bulk Biceps. They must've all been turned into foals too!

But something was wrong, seeing how Thunderlane and Cloud Chaser had to at least be three or four as they were desperately flapping their wings (but they still couldn't even get off the ground)!

Rainbow turned to face the counter and pouted at seeing that her ability was diminished immensely despite her own attempt to fly herself. Even her parents had baby pictures of her bumping into (and knocking over) vases at this age. Starlight must have intentionally regressed the others and Rainbow's flying skills to those of a year old or younger.

But they were still old enough to not be too processed into this stupid daycare. Celestia knows if Lightning Dust would fulfill her promise and turn them back to normal. She could easily leave them like this, and nopony would know for some time. There was really only one option; over the next week, the brash pegasus would be working on an escape plan with her fellow age-regressed pegasi. She would find Twilight then take down Lightning Dust. She then got up on all fours and let out a sigh. "Otay, let's do tis." She then waddled over to introduce herself.