• ...
 0
 186

Chapter 8: The Calm before the...

Pinkie Pie was drinking a milkshake, looking at the Fourth Wall.

”Oh, hi, I’m Pinkie Pie, she said. You might wonder what happened to us while Sunlight and Sunset were travelling around Equestria. Well, this chapter and the next one will explain everything that happened in Canterlot. I’m not doing this so me and the girls can get some screentime in this fanfiction...Just Kidding!! I’m totally doing that for screentime!! Okay, cue the story!!!”

This was one week during after Sunlight and Sunset went out on an adventure in Equestria. Sombra and Tirek joined the school staff as teachers and their first week had been difficult to deal with.

“I can’t believe you did this!! Said Rainbow Dash to Fluttershy. You, the quiet, nice, cute girl, doing something so nasty, so evil, so damn cruel, to that muscled idiot of Tirek...I’m proud of you...”

“Thank you, Dashie, she said, bored. When someone hurt animals, i just can’t stand it. That big jerk deserved what i’ve done to him. The only thing that suck is that i’m getting 1 month of detention for that...”

“Well, said Rainbow. I think he will think twice before hurting defenseless creatures again. I say yes for Animal Justice!”

“Animal Justice!!” said Fluttershy.

They laughed for a good minute. Fortunately, the week-end was coming for the group of girls. When the school was over, the girls went to Pinkie’s house.

“I heard what you did to Tirek, Fluttershy, said Pinkie. Truly a masterpiece of a prank!! I’m proud of you!!”

“Please, stop reminding me about that, said Fluttershy. But i appreciate your compliments...”

“It has already been one week since those two went out, said Twilight. What if Moonlight decided to strike again? I’m sure he know about their absence and is planning something.”

“We can’t always rely on them to protect Canterlot, said Applejack. Sure, both are magic powerhouses, but so are we, when we all work as one.”

“A.J is right, said Rarity. We need to be able to protect this city without their support. We need to show Moonlight and his team that we are not to be underestimated. All of us worked hard to become stronger. We honed our magic powers for a moment like this one.”

“That’s right, said Twilight. He will attack, and we need to somehow protect the city and defeat him. It’s very likely he’ll bring reinforcement with him. We might even be outnumbered, but we have to fight, with all our might!!”

Meanwhile, Moonlight was introducing himself to all the members, new and old. The Dazzlings, Flim and Flam, Tirek, Sombra and 3 boxes with the photo of Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle and Gloriosa Daisy.

“Wait, that’s it? Asked Sombra. You took one week just to find 5 persons? I thought there would be way more!!”

“8, actually, answered Moonlight. And change your attitude with me, you’re the ones who wanted to work at those pesky girls’ school. Beside, you must have noticed the 3 boxes on the table...”

“I recognize the two first, said Tirek. Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle, but who is the last one?”

“Well, those girls all have one thing in common, said Moonlight. They were corrupted by the magic of Equestria and as a result, turned into evil beings. The first of them, Sunset Shimmer, Corrupted by hatred and vengeance, turned into a Demon when she got her hands on a powerful magical artifact. I decided to call this evil form of her Demon Sunset. As for the second one, Twilight Sparkle, her lust for knowledge about Equestrian magic, plus the stress of being pressured by her schoolmates and their Principal, combined with the magic she trapped inside her necklace, turned her into a demonic monster when she released it all at once. She herself called this form of her Midnight Sparkle. Finally, as for the last one, desirous to protect her precious summer camp and willing to go to any length to do so, is Gloriosa Daisy. When she discovered 7 magic geodes in a cave nearby, she let her anger and desire to keep everyone safe turn her into the physical manifestation of Mother Nature: Gaia Everfree. They are in boxes because i didn’t found suitable bodies for them to take over. Summoning the spirits of those 3 from the Dark Space took quite some time, you should know. But atlas, we should be ready to attack Canterlot very soon...Phiew, that was a long one...”

“Why don't we attack them right now? Asked Tirek. While those girls don’t have Sunlight Blaze nor Sunset Shimmer to help them. They are weak, we will crush them easily!!”

“Our new members need to master their new powers perfectly, answered Moonlight. Also, don’t underestimate those girls, they have gotten much more powerful since last time we battled. Also, do i need to remind you that it was their Rainbow Laser, physical manifestation of their friendship, that depowered you for days after it hit you?”

“I do” he answered.

“If i’m not attacking right now, said Moonlight, that’s because i’m waiting for those 2 to come back. I want to crush them under my might. We’ll wait another week, and if Sunlight Blaze and Sunset Shimmer don’t show up, We launch our attack no matter what. Now, Tell me, Sombra, Tirek, what did you learned from those girls while working at their school?”

“Nothing, answered Sombra, Those retched girls did everything they could to get detention. As such, we learned next to nothing.”

“Those brats will pay for the humiliation they made us endure, said Tirek. Times a hundred. I’m done with their school.. Even the shy one with the pink hairs went to such extent as to cover me with honey and releasing a bear and bees.”

“Me as well, said Sombra. It was a waste of time”

“In that case, said Moonlight. I will transfer you to Crystal PREP. I hear that their Principal, Cadenza Mi Amore, or Cadance, is looking for a new Vice-Principal, since the previous one unfortunately died in mysterious circumstances...He he he”

“You killed the previous one, didn’t you?” asked Adagio.

“Well, not me, answered Moonlight. I just tortured the guy psychologicaly and emotionally to the point of driving him to the edge of madness and despair. You might guess where that went afterwards...”

The group was looking at him with terrified eyes.

“Don’t look at me like that, said Moonlight. That guy was a pedophile. He used his position to ask sexual favors from students that were not doing well or were in trouble in exchange of his silence...Can you believe that guy was doing the same stuff when he was a Student Counselor, and continued doing it after being promoted to Vice-Principal? And if you think i made this up...”

Moonlight opened the television and selected the News channel. As he told the group, the pedophile incidents involving the Vice-Principal was on the News.

“You see, while i was looking for ways to get the Vice-Principal out of the way, said Moonlight. As part of my plan to put Sombra at the head of Crystal PREP, i thought about the way to proceed. Then someone sent me an anonymous mail about that guy being a Pedophile. I decided to give it a try and hacked his computer. Let me tell you i was surprised to tumble across a mine of evidences, under the forms of pictures and videos. I could have exposed him to the authorities right away, but then, i had a better idea. Force him to expose himself as the pedophile he was. For that, i tortured him emotionally, mentally and psychologically until he broke and he admitted it all before killing himself.”

“And you want me to take the place of this creep? Asked Sombra. Nobody would want the post after that scandale.”

“You’re right, answered Moonlight. This is why i modified your curriculum vitum in view of this mission.”

Moonlight gave him a copy of his C.V. That Sombra opened and read

“Wow, it really make me look like a Saint compared to that guy, said Sombra. With a sheet like that, i’m sure to get that post.”

“But this is just the first step, said Moonlight. The hardest part will be to gain their trust. I’m sure with your charm, you can pull this off quite well.”

“But what business do you have with this school?” asked Tirek.

“Crystal PREP is full of geniuses, answered Moonlight. This school and C.H.S have a long story of rivalry. And even if their relations seem to have gotten better since the last Frienship games, there is still students from Crystal PREP that hate C.H.S. If i also throw in Adagio, Aria, Sonata as well as myself into the mix as students, we will easily take over the school and turn their students into potential recruits for our team. But the current Principal of the school need to be replaced by someone who bare hatred toward C.H.S as well...And i just happened to have here the perfect person for this.”

Someone entered the room.

“Everyone, say hello to our newest recruit, said Moonlight. Miss Abacus Cinch. She was the former Principal at Crystal PREP before those girls took away her credibility in the eyes of her superiors. As such, she was dismissed of her post and relegated to Cafeteria work. I told her she could get back her position as Principal if she accepted to join me.”

“So, what is your plan to get this Cadance out of the way, asked Sombra. She is the definition of an angel...”

“Oh, i already thought about it, said Moonlight. If everything go as i planned, she should be out of commission next week at most.”

“Excellent, said Abacus. Once this wretched woman is out of the way and that i take back the post that’s rightfully mine”

“Once it’s done, said Moonlight. She will recruit Sombra as the Vice-Principal, Flim, Flam and Tirek as staff and Adagio, Sonata, Aria and me as students. After that, it will be only a matter of months before we take full control of the school. It will provide us a solid cover for our evil activities, potential recruits to the team, a stable income and most importantly, there will be no Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer or Sunlight Blaze to deal with.”

“Who’s this Sunlight?” Asked Abacus.

“Oh, right, answered Moonlight. He is Sunset Shimmer’s brother. He is very intelligent, more than Twilight Sparkle, the girl who turned into that demon. His magic power is on par with mine. Individually speaking, Blaze is the strongest member of their group when it comes to magic knowledge and arsenal. He is smart, charming, righteous, fearless and powerful. He is the only one in the group who doesn’t draw power from an Element of Harmony, main source of those girls’ power. Which is for him and us both an advantage and a drawback.”

“What do you mean?” asked Adagio.

“The girls each possesses necklaces embedded with the power of the Elements of Harmony. Those necklace tap into each of the girls respective Element of Harmony, and their power become even higher when the 7 of them are synchronized. Sunlight, on the other hand, doesn’t have one, as such, he can’t tap into the Magic of his friends to boost his power. His magical power is also greatly reduced due to the weaker concentration of magic in this world, which greatly advantage us.”

“But you also said it also gave him an edge over us, asked Abacus. What do you mean?”

“The magic of Friendship is very powerful, but it require the girls to be united to use it, individually, the girls are weak and easy to deal with. That is not the case with Sunlight. He is as formidable opponent weither he’s fighting alone or with his friends. That’s why it also advantage him and pose us a problem...In short, we can’t say victory too soon even if he’s the last one standing...”

“You mean that all this time, he was at a disadvantage, said Tirek. And still managed to beat the crap out of me? How strong could he be if he could draw into 100% of his power?”

“Very, very, overly strong” answered Moonlight.

“What’s your plan if that happen, then?” asked Adagio.

“Then i’ll just have to increase my own power as well, i suppose” he said.

“That’s our captain for you!! Said Sombra. We should all take example on him!!!”

“Now, get to work, said Moonlight. You all better be prepared for our next confrontation with those girls...”